FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Concerning Hero system for Ankama

By Taloz#5410 - MEMBER - June 25, 2015, 19:45:43
Reactions 77
Score : 591

I will chip in just to add to the noise that needs to be made over this.

Pretty much the general consensus is that the community does not want to pay a renewable price structure for heroes. And they wont. This pricing structure has sunk more popular games then Wakfu, and as much as I love the world Ankama has created I wont be able to enjoy it outside the animations if this comes to fruition.

Again, the system doesn't have to be free, just give us a one-off. I would even pay an absurd orgine price (like 10,000) per slot if it was a one time payment, and I would also be fine with only benefiting from the system with a booster, otherwise I could say just roll it into a booster pack, and add a bit to the price if you have to (a booster pack runs for 3k ogrines, I could handle that going up to 5k ogrines per 30 days if I had to, but I would expect both hero slots).

Please don't ruin this for us.

0 0
Score : 2817
Spoon-Merchant|2015-06-26 15:38:08
I will chip in just to add to the noise that needs to be made over this.

Pretty much the general consensus is that the community does not want to pay a renewable price structure for heroes. And they wont. This pricing structure has sunk more popular games then Wakfu, and as much as I love the world Ankama has created I wont be able to enjoy it outside the animations if this comes to fruition.

Again, the system doesn't have to be free, just give us a one-off. I would even pay an absurd orgine price (like 10,000) per slot if it was a one time payment, and I would also be fine with only benefiting from the system with a booster, otherwise I could say just roll it into a booster pack, and add a bit to the price if you have to (a booster pack runs for 3k ogrines, I could handle that going up to 5k ogrines per 30 days if I had to, but I would expect both hero slots).

Please don't ruin this for us.
^ this. +1
0 0
Score : 373

Devs acknowledged multiboxing (aka the Elephant in the Room) and want to make the game experience (finally) more account-centered and consistent with a slow-paced TBS combat system? Awesome, but then Heroes System is not only an "enrichment", an interesting but minor convenience. Selling Heroes slots as they were "separate commodities" sounds somewhat... deceitful: because truth is, they are intended to address a major design flaw.

This said, it is unlikely to me that this service will be available to us under any pricing model that doesn't take into account:

- the P2P French community
- multiboxers with multiple booster packs
- the already existing sidekick system

To sum up, I have nothing really new to say: I am totally okay with Heroes System coming as a booster feature, but I would also love to see it really integrated with the core game experience as it should be. A one-time "unlock" purchase on top of this (maybe with different pricing / unlock method for each slot) is also reasonable.

0 0
Score : 720
donnu|2015-06-26 15:30:13
MarkSpejczyzXX|2015-06-26 15:19:41
You all are assuming it would be unafordable, but we havent hear a word about the prices yet..

The system itself is a good way to focus your alts on 1-2 acc. This wont exclude single account players since the game mecanics wont change a bit..

People are complaining because all of us wait alot for this, and i understand that everyone want to have his experience with it. So, let us be more constructive, and wait for official words, it is more healthy than a rampage!!

Considering how badly the last 2 systems were implemented....

party search: takes too many clicks to work,so no one use it

mimisymbic: Uneconomical, cost too much, ruin resell value by linking item

So yes, we have lost a little faith in Ankama. But we do believe they will learn from their mistake and make this one work. smile
We do?!
0 0
Score : 2492

We hope! laugh

I am interested to see what the next Dev Blog will have to say about how we pay for the Heroes Service. Hopefully they listen to our concerns. o_o

0 0
Score : 1735
lSushi|2015-06-26 20:24:05
donnu|2015-06-26 15:30:13
You all are assuming it would be unafordable, but we havent hear a word about the prices yet..

The system itself is a good way to focus your alts on 1-2 acc. This wont exclude single account players since the game mecanics wont change a bit..

People are complaining because all of us wait alot for this, and i understand that everyone want to have his experience with it. So, let us be more constructive, and wait for official words, it is more healthy than a rampage!!

Considering how badly the last 2 systems were implemented....

party search: takes too many clicks to work,so no one use it

mimisymbic: Uneconomical, cost too much, ruin resell value by linking item

So yes, we have lost a little faith in Ankama. But we do believe they will learn from their mistake and make this one work. smile
We do?!
they're responsible adults in-charge of a company, right?

but... i've always imagine the devs and the marketing division have a "Hou-huh~ here's how I'm doing this, nothing you say will change my decision!" no-compromise attitude toward each other...

why you trying to killing my optimism mang? angry 
0 0
Score : 8820
crimson--cowboy|2015-06-26 14:14:20
FinroyThePuppeteer|2015-06-26 09:03:14
Ankama is clearly turning this game from F2P into P2W and this is disappointing and disturbing. And if they think it will attract more clients, well...lol... sorry, pals, you already been doing enough mistakes with long gaps between updates, bad support and basically almost 0% caring to what your community wants (except French, well of course - duh!). So of course people are upset, leaving, want to leave, giving you some last chance.
I personally would only either pay for a permanent hero slots or ones that are indeed will be included into a booster pack. "Keep paying us" version is out of option. It is first nail in Wakfu coffin, Ankama, if you do it.
how is heroes pay to win?
Because multiboxing IS pay to win. It's the most effective way to progress by leaps and bounds.

I've got no issue with a subscription based model for the system.

I have a SERIOUS issue with a subscription based model that provides LESS FEATURES because Heroes provide less features than additional accounts.

If I'm paying $6/month you give me 5 slots, another account chest and the ability to multi-char PVP and run the same account in multiple clients (for split area). If I don't get that, then piss off or cut the price.

- Madd
0 0
Score : 4780
Raziel-Shadower|2015-06-26 13:21:43
well if it was like a perm buy i have already buy it... But i have to spend real money for a rent? no thanks.
So what, if not real money, would you be using to buy it? [emphasis mine]

People are complaining because all of us wait a lot for this, and i understand that everyone wants to have his experience with it. So, let us be more constructive, and wait for official words, it is more healthy than a rampage!!
This is true. Based on reactions to the pricing in advance of any actual details about the pricing here, I'm currently expecting something like this:

I can't afford it! It's far too expen…wait, what? That's quite reasonable!”

(And yes, I hope that it's reasonably priced too.)

Madd1|2015-06-26 23:27:55
Because multiboxing IS pay to win. It's the most effective way to progress by leaps and bound
Yes, it's effecive – I can't argue with that.

Madd1|2015-06-26 23:27:55
I've got no issue with a subscription based model for the system.

I have a SERIOUS issue with a subscription based model that provides LESS FEATURES because Heroes provide less features than additional accounts.
Fewer features, actually… but that aside, I'm not expecting two slots to cost the same as, or more than, a full booster – in fact, I'm expecting no more than ⅔ of the cost, ideally lower – since if it's too high then they'll sell too few, their marketing team will think “oops, we've done a mimisymbic” and we'll see a much better price for all.

If I'm paying $6/month you give me 5 slots, another account chest and the ability to multi-char PVP and run the same account in multiple clients (for split area). If I don't get that, then get lost or cut the price.
Multiple logins on the same account is actually an interesting idea, but I have my doubts that it's practical for Ankama to do.
0 0
Score : 683

how is multiboxing paying?

0 0
crimson--cowboy|2015-06-27 23:29:12
how is multiboxing paying?
Running multiple paid clients is the most efficient way to progress in this game by leaps and bounds.

6boxing is especially effective once you are able to solo end game content.
1 0
Score : 2923

I considered coming back and playing again when this came out. When I played I subbed multiple accounts so I would be a returning customer they would want.

I am not going to though. I think this is ridiculous to charge monthly for this. So until its changed I am staying away.

2 0
Score : 41

i have a bad feeling about this heroes thing i hope ankama not make another stupid mistake again

0 0
Score : -3000

Multi-char friendly PvP ? Yes please!

Multi-char PvP for merit? Gtfo.

I mean if you have wings on Heroes can't join you for lethal combat. If you don't - nothing against it.

0 0
blazakkhakabow|2015-06-29 23:06:23

I mean if you have wings on Heroes can't join you for lethal combat. If you don't - nothing against it.
Then cut the price. Doesn't have the same functionality, doesn't have the same price tag.

- Madd
0 0
Madd1|2015-06-30 01:06:48
blazakkhakabow|2015-06-29 23:06:23

Then cut the price. Doesn't have the same functionality, doesn't have the same price tag.

- Madd
You mean lower the price tag for not screwing up the game balance? Don't like fair fights - deactivate your wings!

Honestly if they make heroes able to join merit fights that will be the end of this game probably; at least for the PvP system.

But that will never happen - Ankama is not that stupid.
The reason is same as to a question like this: why can't sidekicks join merit fights? 

The only way I see this game becoming p2w is via heroes joining merit fights - every PvPer will simply be a team consisting of unknown amount of characters - based on how many hero slots you have payed for.
0 0

What a monumental waste of time when they can just merit farm without penalty (Ankama has penalized absolutely NO ONE for farming merit on Nox). You make it sound like jumping people with hidden allies is some kind of new thing as well... that has been going on about 95% of all PVP fights since the system was released.

A proper PVP system is the correct solution to your problem. Heroes are utterly irrelevant. If the system gives less, you charge less. It's not rocket science.

0 0

This system existed since dofus, I like it as it is even though I wish for a fair one too. Not everyone farms merit; at least in my server almost nobody does that. We have a fair system and even though I myself use my another account to help if I get ganked, but I get to choose to - If heroes join there would be no way to prevent it if I have them in party forcing me to lose merit even if I would win the fight 1v1. Ankama should not lower the price (even though I don't mind it) for something that is intentional and only done for balance reasons, not their incompetence!

They should lower price if they let heroes join winged merit fights though - that would be a good reason to quit the game for some people.

Not to mention it would show their disrespect towards their own system.

0 0
blazakkhakabow|2015-06-30 03:08:58
This system existed since dofus, I like it as it is even though I wish for a fair one too. Not everyone farms merit; at least in my server almost nobody does that. We have a fair system and even though I myself use my another account to help if I get ganked, but I get to choose to - If heroes join there would be no way to prevent it if I have them in party forcing me to lose merit even if I would win the fight 1v1. Ankama should not lower the price (even though I don't mind it) for something that is intentional and only done for balance reasons, not their incompetence!

They should lower price if they let heroes join winged merit fights though - that would be a good reason to quit the game for some people.

Not to mention it would show their disrespect towards their own system.
So if I buy a Spinach, Carrot, Chicken and Avacado salad bowl and it costs $8, if I am in Michigan and they can't put Avacado in it because the can't get the fruit this season for some reason, I should still pay $8 when one of the main ingredients is missing? That is what you are promoting. Why? Because to get Avacado's in Michigan they'd have to come through the black market like some kind of blood diamonds and shipping them ruins peoples lives? (it's a far stretch, I hope you can get the idea.) I'm not paying $8 for something without one of the main ingredients. That's stupid.

Here's an even better example. Your two bedroom place (PVP bedroom and PVM bedroom) you've got two bathrooms (using accounts in multiple locations) and a Kitchen+Washer/Dryer (5 character slots) costs you $1500/month. Well, your landlord just said that PVP is now off limits and you don't get to use that space, one of the bathrooms, the washer/dryer or the kitchen. P.S. you're still paying $1500/month. He'll give you Tacos on Tuesday to compensate.

You really support that!? REALLY!?

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE REASON IS. You take out MAIN COMPONENTS (Multiple locations, 10 character slots, PVP, account chests, ect. ect) you take the price down. I'm starting to understand why everywhere you post people act as though you're trolling. Either you really don't get it, or you are trolling.

- Madd
0 0

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Let's view it like this : there are two artists ; PvP and PvM - PvP gives out tickets in advance and checks for forgeries at the entrance, PvM allows anybody to enter, as long as they have a ticket. There are a group of guys/gals. They all have tickets for PvM, but suddenly their leader,who has a banner over his head saying "I want to see PvP's performance" is approached by PvP and given a ticket to his exclusive performance. Should the group all barge into PvP's show by so completely ruining it even though they have no ticket, or should the ticket-less party members wait until the show finishes for them to all see PvM's public show together?

Are you really promoting Piracy? Good luck with that in a civilised world.

0 0
Score : 683

both of those analogies are kind of hard to follow

0 0
Respond to this thread