By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Not playing until solved Wagon.....

By Ristty June 01, 2015, 18:56:02
DevTracker
Reactions 255
Score : 2691
Thannas|2015-06-02 02:17:28
There will NOT be a 2 week rollback. Do people even need to ask this? Really?
Do you really think they will manage to catch every single dupe, revert every single bad market transaction, remove all duped runes from all equipment, and only ban those who directly abused the bug? When they failed to even find the dupes while they were concentrated into few accounts last Tuesday?

We don't even know how much information the devs decided was worth logging on the server, or how long the logs last, who has access to them, who is investigating, etc. All we have is Sabi doing community manager job, not a single dev has replied.
0 0
Score : 13902

Many players will get away and profit from the recent events. Wakfu has lost all credibility. I feel bad for the community. Ankama's actions or bans won't scratch the surface.

1 -1
Score : 534
Gynrei|2015-06-02 03:05:58
Many players will get away and profit from the recent events. Wakfu has lost all credibility. I feel bad for the community. Ankama's actions or bans won't scratch the surface.
I don't. I am still playing with my friends and having great fun. The thing-that-must-not-be-named that happened didn't even affect us - to be honest, it never will. People care too much.
0 -1
Score : 98
A-Tantarian|2015-06-02 02:46:45
Thannas|2015-06-02 02:17:28
There will NOT be a 2 week rollback. Do people even need to ask this? Really?
Do you really think they will manage to catch every single dupe, revert every single bad market transaction, remove all duped runes from all equipment, and only ban those who directly abused the bug? When they failed to even find the dupes while they were concentrated into few accounts last Tuesday?

We don't even know how much information the devs decided was worth logging on the server, or how long the logs last, who has access to them, who is investigating, etc. All we have is Sabi doing community manager job, not a single dev has replied.
a reasonable and logical speaking... YES THEY CAN biggrin!, game servers have the server to store up to 15,20,30 years and can expand whenever they want if needed... years of progress without rollbacks(sigh... there was no game lasted that long yet... but its possible just like yahoo mail database, storing mails since the stone age) and every database have event logs, that logs everything from when they acquired it, how they acquired it, who traded it, what monster dropped it to everything you can think of that is happening inside a game.

i know a lot of people will dislike and disagree of what ive just said, BUT ask your local friend who knows how to code and debug to explain more cause im not going to just to be disagreed upon with.

they are only worried of the impact to the few days of gameplay that might be lost... haker 2 = devs 0.... a big flaw for having your devs only work for week days.

i myself progressed this week end, i leveled 3 of my alts to leveled to 30 smile, but i enjoyed my time with some friends and some people playing so i had those going for me.
1 0
Score : 16248

For the record, repeatedly stating that Wakfu/Ankama's credibility has been shot is one of those self-fulfilling prophecies.

Sabi and Flattops have both confirmed that Ankama's fixed the underlying issue and are pursuing the accounts responsible. There's been no word about a rollback. Do you really want them to give a thorough account of every detail of their investigation and their methods, which would give the dupers information they could use to avoid getting caught in the future?

Just because they haven't finished it immediately doesn't mean they aren't dealing with it. Give it some time, and see if things improved after the team has had some time to actually finish removing duped items and dupers. If that means you need to take a break from Wakfu for a while, then OK.

2 0
Score : 2691
LeLover|2015-06-02 03:56:21
a reasonable and logical speaking... YES THEY CAN biggrin!, game servers have the server to store up to 15,20,30 years and can expand whenever they want if needed... years of progress without rollbacks(sigh... there was no game lasted that long yet... but its possible just like yahoo mail database, storing mails since the stone age) and every database have event logs, that logs everything from when they acquired it, how they acquired it, who traded it, what monster dropped it to everything you can think of that is happening inside a game.

i know a lot of people will dislike and disagree of what ive just said, BUT ask your local friend who knows how to code and debug to explain more cause im not going to just to be disagreed upon with.

they are only worried of the impact to the few days of gameplay that might be lost... haker 2 = devs 0.... a big flaw for having your devs only work for week days.

i myself progressed this week end, i leveled 3 of my alts to leveled to 30 smile, but i enjoyed my time with some friends and some people playing so i had those going for me.
Do you have a single fact to back that up or are you speaking just based on what you saw in other games? Storing information has a cost, it's not free. Sure, it's incredibly cheap these days compared to decades ago, but most companies like to save on costs to be profitable, so they only keep what they consider of outmost importance or a few days/weeks worth, or some daily snapshots, etc. We simply don't know what Ankama's servers do, at best we can guess.
I'm a software engineer in case you're wondering, I've seen uncountable coding horrors, and Ankama doesn't have the best track record so far (we have seen many duping bugs along the years, millions of unfixed bugs, etc).

Furthermore, given how long this is taking, all the detective work is either being done manually (which means there's also human error), or they are super slow at scripting, or they simply don't know how to face the problem, or they don't care enough, or the boss is on holiday or something. I don't even know anymore.
0 0
Score : 2770
A-Tantarian|2015-06-02 04:45:14
Do you have a single fact to back that up or are you speaking just based on what you saw in other games? Storing information has a cost, it's not free. Sure, it's incredibly cheap these days compared to decades ago, but most companies like to save on costs to be profitable, so they only keep what they consider of outmost importance or a few days/weeks worth, or some daily snapshots, etc. We simply don't know what Ankama's servers do, at best we can guess.
I'm a software engineer in case you're wondering, I've seen uncountable coding horrors, and Ankama doesn't have the best track record so far (we have seen many duping bugs along the years, millions of unfixed bugs, etc).

Furthermore, given how long this is taking, all the detective work is either being done manually (which means there's also human error), or they are super slow at scripting, or they simply don't know how to face the problem, or they don't care enough, or the boss is on holiday or something. I don't even know anymore.
This is just indefensible. First off, if you simply want to skip the detective work, just roll the servers back.

Dev is making a rod for its own back when the solution is at the tips of its fingers. Had they simply rolled back to the last snapshot during the onset of the scandal, given the people some sort of compensation, they wouldn't be having this snafu.

We know it's been done before. The french servers had a roll back the day after a game breaking bug happened. It won't undo ALL the duping, but the widespread relic distribution in those weekend days would have been averted.

Secondly, it would dispel any lingering doubts about the authenticity of how the scandal was handled.

I read once that dev is unwilling to use rollbacks as a form of server control, and while that's commendable, it also shows a high degree in a lack of foresight. You should never close off all avenues of server control, because there are simply too much things to consider. The backups during server maintenance are there for a reason. They're literally there for backing up. As in, woops, we took a wrong turn, reverse the gears, back up, and see where we went wrong.

This whole thing where they're basically running diagnostic tools in real time, how they allegedly banned exactly 50 accounts, all while the server is running, it's odd. Normally when you run anything that searches for a parameter and then change it, you can't modify the values if the account is live. That means they're running diagnostics while the game is running since there was no maint when the dupes were deleted. It raises up a few issues.It makes pessimists like myself think that they simply loaded the items log, pressed ctrl F and found the item code for the most commonly duped items and then deleted them from all inventories. This is troubling because it doesn't account for kamas transferred (ie: dupes sold) frags which can be merged to create an entirely new item with its own unique id, or crafting materials that achieve the same result: a new item with its own unique id. There's also evidence to show it was not totally successful since there are still duped items in circulation.It also doesn't account for the other things the dupers may have duped but didn't show publicly. It also raises the more serious question that there's obviously a hole in their system if technicians aren't around during the weekends or are unavailable. Back in LUG, there's always a technician on hand, and communication to the developer (in my case, Gravity and Nexon), that had either the authority to kill the server and implement emergency maintenance, or make urgent changes to the code to prevent abuse. The reaction speed here is lacking, which is odd, considering there were mods who were online during the debacle. They just had no control over the server.

0 0
Score : 4269

Oh boy, another of these entertaining threads. *grabs popcorn*

0 0
Score : 24884

As soon as the guildmate who bought duped items will loose them i will know this issue has been fixed. For now its not the case, so duped items exist in game. If only they were not tradeable once bought i wouldn't fear using market board. Right now i need to rely on my own drops.

0 -1
Score : 44

Not playing until solved Wagon +1

And few days have passed since that **** event.

0 -1
Score : 61
Ristty|2015-06-01 18:56:02
I have 3 subbed acc running, lost the 50% exp weekend but im still not playing while the "Issue that cannot be mentioned" its solved ! It's impossible to track the logs at this point, too many branches (Market,Heaven Bag Sales, Ground Drop, Multiple acc trade) the lack of attitude its almost and incentive to do it as well.

Anyone else joining the Wagon ?

Can I join your Wagon?

You said what on my mind for 4 days already. I don't want to waste my time to farm or lvl and see rollback, I have alternatives what to do outside of the Wakfu.

It's pity that we missed such a nice event on the weekends, it's pity that every day I lose 1 day of my subscription, and so on... It isn't whine, just facts.

But I'm not going to play until I hear the clear answer from Ankama-guy that problem is solved.
0 0
Score : 832
A-Tantarian|2015-06-02 02:46:45

The fact they haven't come out and said "we will remove all duped items and duped runes from gear" directly, leads me to believe they can't do it.

They should have rolled it back to the point before the items hit the market and then banned the seller accounts and removed all the items contained in them. We would only have lost a few hours.

Also, yeah I am totally on this wagon. If you're playing a game of Monopoly and you catch a player stealing money from the bank while you're not looking, that's game over in my opinion.
1 0
Score : 437

Those item loss/duplication bugs are end result of bad software design. I know of at least one bug in the past that caused items to be lost just due to operating inventory UI in unexpected way and violating relic uniqueness constraint. Adequate code design would make such issue impossible. Like, if items are abstracted with appropriate classes it's easy to ensure that inventory UI code only ever calls item deleting functions in response to player explicitly requesting it.

0 0
Score : 98
A-Tantarian|2015-06-02 04:45:14
LeLover|2015-06-02 03:56:21

fact you say....? those what ive said right there, ive studied those crap for 4 years. degree brother.

A Log stores data for 1 character a byte. if that still doesnt give you a clue why its an ease to use....
A Database is like the Logs on steriods.

no developer would leave their product unsecured.... and ANY GAME game wouldnt run without a basic database (of course only for the games with a save point)

manually checked...? OF COURSE its how its going to be. and they can just simply check the time and date. it is that hard for a "Software Engineer" to understand what they should've have gotten covered during their curriculum?

ill give you a clue on how a database works
date / time / character id / item id / item count / acquired and so no
june 02 2015 / 7:18 pm / 666 / 999 / 100
june 02 2015 / 7:20 pm / 666 / 999 / 100
june 02 2015 / 7:27 pm / 666 / 999 / 100

storing information will cost you MORE... IF you'll pay a company to do it for you, otherwise making one for your company will be free indefinitely (not but the maintenance)

ANYWAYS~
the points youve said are NOT the factors here, anyone who can publish a software Have The Resources To Do SO.

i dont even know if youre getting it... but atleast i tried....
0 0
Score : 13902
Kikuihimonji|2015-06-02 09:25:17
As soon as the guildmate who bought duped items will loose them i will know this issue has been fixed. For now its not the case, so duped items exist in game.

This^ But even once they lose their items there is still the matter of runes and kama etc.

Gelgy|2015-06-02 04:03:48
For the record, repeatedly stating that Wakfu/Ankama's credibility has been shot is one of those self-fulfilling prophecies.

Sabi and Flattops have both confirmed that Ankama's fixed the underlying issue and are pursuing the accounts responsible.

Just because they haven't finished it immediately doesn't mean they aren't dealing with it. Give it some time, and see if things improved after the team has had some time to actually finish removing duped items and dupers.

The issue hasn't been fixed as Ankama claims it has been. Nox has the same problem. The only reason Ankama took any action on other servers is because one player threw a pie in Ankama's face.

Not sure how you believe Ankama's lack of credibility is a self fulfilling prophecy. Nox has had 'extra' items for ages now. They failed to fix that issue. As others have said, things like runes are unlikely to have been removed. It's more than just banning the accounts of the one that stuck it to Ankama.

How much time do you think Ankama should be given to fix this problem?
0 0
Score : 2770

They have until this maintenance. After that, the time window is too large for them to consider any chance of removing the dupes. Especially since market mobility, the liquidity of the duped items, the materials, etc are a factor. I'm reserving any judgement until the maintenance is finished.

0 0
Score : 2739

It's way to late for a rollback guys.... the markets will fix themselves eventually -- nox's did. it took awhile but patience is a virtue....(i hate whomever came up with that saying hehe)

0 0
Score : 7399

Some people started making new accounts out of fear and lvling those chars to lvl 10 so they can sell the dupe in bag. And then they simply transver those kamas to main account.

If you spot any type of this illegal bags --) REPORT!!

Most can be seen at alamax.

And i realy dont understand why is such a panic. Spot --) Screenshot --) Send to Sabi
Its realy the only way to clean up the server 90% (yeh some people will lay low).

On a bright side market is almost back to normal. Runes have their usual price.

0 0
Score : 1700

in my opinion any investigation that is dependant on player reports / screenshots, can only be considered a joke... that wouldnt even end up scratching the surface

any solution that doesnt cover 100% of illegal activities (relics,runes,kamas) is unacceptable, i would even go as far as to include the past months in this statement.

who seriously wants to keep playing on a server where its allmost guaranteed that many people will use/sell their dupes in the shadows for the next months coming ?

1 0
Score : 22530
seikomantis|2015-06-02 15:29:36
is unacceptable
well idk I'll keep playing regardless. This isnt the first, and likely wont be the last dupe episode.

so to me a certain amount of cheater leakage doesn't effect the viability of a server in the long run.

butthurt and economies mend over time.
0 0
Respond to this thread