FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How can the group search function be fixed?

By KingAchelexus - MEMBER - May 23, 2015, 23:31:44

Its a great idea for a game like Wakfu, but I hardly see anyone using it, whats the problem exactly?

1 0
Reactions 15
Score : 543

I was thinking the same thing, but then it hit me everyone is just multi boxing and everyone already have groups besides the slim few that don't do it and if so many people just play with friends or friend that also multibox and both of u have 3 characters i mean i would love to have that thing working like something from wow but not like instant transport to dungeon just would like to find a group when i dont have friends on or i dont feel like multiboxing may a reward system for using it like 1-2 extra tokens or increased drop rate or kamas if u use the system some small reward

0 0
Score : 516

a duty system like final fantasy 14, u just pick your dungeon and it randomly adds u to a team with set classes like 2dps/1healer/1tank ....but ofc its gonna take only 5 hours to get matched up with wakfus small player size lol

0 0
Score : 2486

Yeah, the smaller server sizes make "match making" a bit tricky.

The other thing that "kills it" if the fact that the "Match Making" system is pretty hidden. I would hazard to guess that most players don't even know it exists. sad

ankama needs to find a way to make it more front-facing.

0 0
Score : 1532
Malekour|2015-05-23 23:58:38
I was thinking the same thing, but then it hit me everyone is just multi boxing and everyone already have groups besides the slim few that don't do it and if so many people just play with friends or friend that also multibox and both of u have 3 characters i mean i would love to have that thing working like something from wow but not like instant transport to dungeon just would like to find a group when i dont have friends on or i dont feel like multiboxing may a reward system for using it like 1-2 extra tokens or increased drop rate or kamas if u use the system some small reward

Multiboxing is the only thing saving this game. Have you ever tried to recruit to a dungeon? I play with 3 accs , I recruit a lot and most of the time you just stay there 10 minutes until you give up and go do something else. Not to say the time when you recruit people with lag, no gear or noobs.
If i had my friends I used to play with or i could have a 6 team (Heroes) i would totally stop recruiting. Not because I'm anti social but because i don't want to waste my time doing nothing or disappointed for failing dungeons / simple challenges.

About the system:
The problem with the system was its bugs when launched. The same person was registered twice, the person was not online but he / she was on the list and so on...
With this people just stopped using it, it was frustrating.

And the solution to make this system works is simple: Have people using it! But how can you make a good amount of people use it?

Please don't blame multi boxing or playing with friends, it is the only way to keep playing this game. A game which make you do the same dungeon hundreds of times if you want to have your set.
0 0
Score : 543
DallofDark|2015-05-24 03:57:57
Malekour|2015-05-23 23:58:38

Multiboxing is the only thing saving this game. Have you ever tried to recruit to a dungeon? I play with 3 accs , I recruit a lot and most of the time you just stay there 10 minutes until you give up and go do something else. Not to say the time when you recruit people with lag, no gear or noobs.
If i had my friends I used to play with or i could have a 6 team (Heroes) i would totally stop recruiting. Not because I'm anti social but because i don't want to waste my time doing nothing or disappointed for failing dungeons / simple challenges.

About the system:
The problem with the system was its bugs when launched. The same person was registered twice, the person was not online but he / she was on the list and so on...
With this people just stopped using it, it was frustrating.

And the solution to make this system works is simple: Have people using it! But how can you make a good amount of people use it?

Please don't blame multi boxing or playing with friends, it is the only way to keep playing this game. A game which make you do the same dungeon hundreds of times if you want to have your set.
i just said they dont use it cause they dont need to use it lol wasnt wasnt blaming multi boxing or playing with friends i just said most ppl dont use the system cause they dont need to cause they multibox or are with friends that just means there are not enought ppl that know or dont care to use it cause they have a team set up already
0 0
Malekour|2015-05-24 04:02:44
i just said they dont use it cause they dont need to use it lol wasnt wasnt blaming multi boxing or playing with friends i just said most ppl dont use the system cause they dont need to cause they multibox or are with friends that just means there are not enought ppl that know or dont care to use it cause they have a team set up already
Sorry if i misunderstood you. I would just extend what you say. There are not enough people who believe the system works.
0 0
Score : 588

Maybe add an incentive to using it. Give a +10pp/wisdom boost to groups formed through the group search.

0 0
Score : 16268

Had a few thoughts on this

• Fix bugs with the listings.
  • Add an interface for the group finder next to dungeon entrances, mercenary boards, and otomai's disciple's camps.
  • Clarify and streamline registration: Make registration with the group finder as simple as hitting a "Looking for group" button.
  • Allow players to declare activities they're interest at relevant locations, like dungeon entrances, mercenary boards and hunters camps (see above)
  • Allow players to set up a group finder "profile" for their characters. This profile should stick with the individual character (or, given the spell revamp, for an individual deck). It could list simple things like the character's name, class, level and role, plus whatever additional comments the player wants to add.
    • Add an "Ask to join" option to the group finder. If you find a group with a free slot, you could send a prompt to the group's leader to ask to join. Preferably this prompt shouldn't prevent actions and chat, like most invite prompts do.
    • When attempting to join a group, the joining player should automatically kick multimen and heroes if there is not enough room in the party. Sorry, Baked Potato.
    Not perfect. But those are my thoughts on what I'd like to see. Basically.. make it easier to use and more visible to increase usage.
    1 0
    Score : 36965

Theres nothing inherently wrong with it

its just the fact that nobody uses it since everyone multiboxes

0 0
    MiniMikeh|2015-05-24 05:15:34
    Theres nothing inherently wrong with it

its just the fact that nobody uses it since everyone multiboxes
    Even multiboxes need to find groups. Most of multiboxes are 2-3 characters.
    0 0
    Score : 2486

lol, I still think the feature just needs to be less hidden. I didn't know about until another player told me it was in the game. :3

0 0
    Score : 1985

The only MMO I've played with a commonly used group finder is Aion. (I'm sure there are plenty other games with good ones! I don't play a whole lot of MMOs.)

That one looks like this:

As soon as you open it up, you're shown a list of every group that's currently registered for anything.

When you create a group, it puts a message in the world chat that has your group text and a link to see more information about the group or apply to join it.

When creating a group, you pretty much just type in a message, click a button, and your group is started.

It was fast and easy to open the group finder, easy to see what things people were doing and what they wanted, easy to create a group, and the group finder was, by default, thrown in everyone's face by being connected to chat with options to turn the chat off.

Wakfu's group finder feels really inconvenient in comparison.

It's hidden away in the community menu, and the Ctrl + P shortcut isn't something most people would stumble upon too easily.

When you open it up, it doesn't show you any active groups by default.

The group finder has two tabs, and the default tab is only for making groups. Players might not even see that it has a second tab the first time they use it, not really know what to do, and not give the group finder a second thought.

When you go to the group search tab, it still doesn't show you any groups. You have to mess around with it and do a search to actually find groups.

Finding a group is slowed down by forcing the player to choose a box, hoping a group is actually doing the thing in the specific box you picked, and then pick a new box if no group was found.
    _________
    Stealing Aion's ideas, my suggestions are:

The group finder should show all of the registered groups as soon as you open it with options to narrow down the results. While playing Aion, I oftentimes found myself joining groups for dungeons as soon as I saw that somebody was making a group in the group finder, even if it wasn't something I was planning on doing a moment ago.

It would also be a massive help if they integrated the group finder into chat. They could create a special chat channel that's connected to the group finder that leaves a message with information about newly created groups. If you don't want to get spammed with group finder messages, you'd be able to just turn off the group finder chat like you would with the green chat, trade chat, recruitment chat, etc.

Having the group finder connected to chat would help players know when a group was created as soon it was created without needing to open and close the group finder box all the time. The group finder messages could also include a link that opens up the group finder to show you information about the relevant group. This would increase awareness of the group finder and generate more interest in it when people see groups being made in this chat.
    1 0
    Score : 746

If they could simplify it and add a global channel that group finder would broadcast to so that people could switch it on in the chat window. That way those that decide to use it don't have to rely on people who know how to use it as well.

People would just get group notifs in chat and click the link if they want to join...then select their role. Group leader should have a box with incoming classes/lvls/roles that they can select from and then click group full when they have 6.

People selected are in group. People not selected get a notif that the group is full.

It should be ridiculously simple for everyone else. Group leader should have to do most of the work and even then it should just be setting lvl reqs, role reqs and dungeon.

The whole search thing seems needlessly complex. It should feel more like a software augmented shout for group at temple.

0 0
    Score : 4826

The biggest problem was that people were listed on it that weren't even there, or who forgot to unlist themselves, or other reasons where it largely wasn't worth using it because no one listed was actually someone you could invite for that dungeon.

With all the junk entries you'd list yourself, but most people wouldn't have the patience to go through and whisper every single person just in hopes that one person might actually want to run the dungeon.

So eventually there was no point to list anymore.

Double the fact, like mentioned before it's really hidden, and...you have a dead party finder.

0 0
    Score : 4396

It actually should've looked like Aions. Wakfu is a game guided by dungeons. So instead of restricting people to just queuing for X dungeon. It should have

Intent title
    Possible short description
    Anticipated level range

That would carry it. It should almost look exactly like Aions. The one currently isn't user friendly, too much work needs to be applied just to use it.

As well as announcing server wide that a new queue has happened. (Should be a toggle to see this announcement or not in settings).

Global chat would be nice too.

0 0
    Respond to this thread