By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Any news on professions revamp?

By LolinhaLove - MEMBER - May 22, 2015, 05:26:17

Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows if there is any chance of profession revamp coming out before the next +50% craft bonus event. I'm trying to gather resources to level professions and wouldn't like to see them wasted. xD

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 17322

cant tell if joking

0 0
Score : 181

Profession revamp?

1 0
Score : 540
LolinhaLove|2015-05-22 05:26:17
Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows if there is any chance of profession revamp coming out before the next +50% craft bonus event. I'm trying to gather resources to level professions and wouldn't like to see them wasted. xD

The profession revamp is only for Dofus i thought might got games mixed up man
0 0
Score : 1716

I don't see a bright future, Dofus just updated it to look more like Wakfu, and wakfu system sucks XD

0 0
Score : 49
-Celio-|2015-05-22 13:52:04
I don't see a bright future, Dofus just updated it to look more like Wakfu, and wakfu system sucks XD
it really is..

i just wanted they would account linked at least gathering prof...
tired lvling trapping for every new alt i made <_< 
0 0
Score : 22530

its dead, suffocated under a pile of dust and hate

0 0
Score : 2828

"For our Crafting revamp, we decided to go with more of a 'deck' system. Now, you choose which professions you want to specialize in! But be careful which you choose; you won't be able to use the others! This will lead to more diversity among players and enhance the overall gameplay experience! biggrin"

0 0
Score : 534
Malekour|2015-05-22 13:18:48
The profession revamp is only for Dofus i thought might got games mixed up man
Hey! Maybe I got a little confused, but I'm pretty sure some months ago they mentioned plans on altering Wakfu's profession system. Something involving gathering way less resources to level crafting professions; instead, you would get one recipe which you would have a certain time to complete. By finishing it you would jump from a certain level to another. Also, if I'm correct, they planned on developing some kind of "contract" system which would work by people with a determined profession allowing other people to contract their services by some kind of automatic contract market or something.
Anyway, I just wanted to know if someone had heard any news on this, but, apparently, it's already been forgotten, judging by the replies here. Thanks to those who replied so far!

P.S.: very funny gif. biggrin 
0 0
SacridTaco|2015-05-22 16:11:37
"For our Crafting revamp, we decided to go with more of a 'deck' system. Now, you choose which professions you want to specialize in! But be careful which you choose; you won't be able to use the others! This will lead to more diversity among players and enhance the overall gameplay experience! biggrin"

well actually it will...
0 0
Score : 7949
-Celio-|2015-05-22 17:57:00

well actually it will...
Idk if serious but however many years ago Dofus made the decision to limit character professions for that exact reason - to promote diversity and encourage cooperation. In the most recent profession revamp they have removed that limitation and acknowledged that it didnt work and people just worked around it instead.
0 0
Soundtrack8|2015-05-22 18:03:10
-Celio-|2015-05-22 17:57:00

well actually it will...
Idk if serious but however many years ago Dofus made the decision to limit character professions for that exact reason - to promote diversity and encourage cooperation. In the most recent profession revamp they have removed that limitation and acknowledged that it didnt work and people just worked around it instead.

But that is not becuase the sistem is wrong, is because how dofus and wakfu works.
0 0
Score : 7949

The 'system' could be great for another game... but if it does not work for, or suit wakfu / dofus then it is wrong.

0 0
Score : 1996
LolinhaLove|2015-05-22 16:14:47
Hey! Maybe I got a little confused, but I'm pretty sure some months ago they mentioned plans on altering Wakfu's profession system. Something involving gathering way less resources to level crafting professions; instead, you would get one recipe which you would have a certain time to complete. By finishing it you would jump from a certain level to another. Also, if I'm correct, they planned on developing some kind of "contract" system which would work by people with a determined profession allowing other people to contract their services by some kind of automatic contract market or something.
Anyway, I just wanted to know if someone had heard any news on this, but, apparently, it's already been forgotten, judging by the replies here. Thanks to those who replied so far!

P.S.: very funny gif. biggrin
You weren't mistaken!

They had talks about a craft revamp. The devblog for that was made waaaay back in January, 2014. Click here

The last thing we've heard about it was from this article on the Wakfull fan site several months ago in November.

The people on Wakfull were invited to the Ankama office to get a preview of Eliotropes before they were released. While they were there, Ankama gave them some other information about things they were working on.

Below the Eliotrope picture, there's a tab that says "Spoils". If you go to that tab, one of the bullet points is:

"The model presented earlier this year is well-maintained."

It sounds like they didn't abandon the idea, but it might not be something we'll actually see this year.
0 0
Score : 181

The devblog mentioned a crafting marketplace, and I think that alone would go a long way towards improving crafting/gathering. Set it up as an actual auction house style thing where you can dump a bunch of resources and not worry about them. Allow you to set prices based on marketplace averages and adjust without re-listing, charging tax when the item is actually sold rather than when listed. The fact of the matter is gathering resources and drops is easy but even for a brand new player listing most things on the market is not worth your time, which leads to a serious supply deficit for crafters especially when starting a new profession since you'll often just have to farm everything yourself.

Honestly just, if you're going to have an entirely player-driven economy, it's probably a good idea to have a trading system in place that isn't considerably less friendly than most games where it isn't nearly as big a part of the economic model.

0 0
Score : 3250

I am honestly too lazy to cite this. BUT, Azael said they didn't have the money and they'll contract it.

It's in one of his personal blogs(that he stopped). The comment section part of it.

0 0
Score : 1996
Hearttyace|2015-05-23 15:06:28
I am honestly too lazy to cite this. BUT, Azael said they didn't have the money and they'll contract it.

It's in one of his personal blogs(that he stopped). The comment section part of it.
Oh, thank you! It was a comment in book #4. Click here
La refonte du craft était planifiée avant les Héros. Cependant nous avons du la repousser car elle fait travailler des équipes externes à WAKFU qui n’était pas disponible. Le problème majeur que nous avons avec la refonte du craft c’est son coût de developpement.

"The craft revamp was planned before the Heroes. However, we had to push it back because it was being made by an external team for Wakfu who was not available. The major problem we're having with the craft revamp is its development costs."
0 0
Respond to this thread