FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

why doesent paypal work for me

By vicee1 - MEMBER - April 11, 2015, 22:56:24

So i wanted to buy something and i choose paypal and i press next then it says that for security reasont it wont accept it this never hapend before

0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 16269

As I understand it (from reading stuff in an old Dofus thread), a while back, someone abused Paypal to basically demand a bunch of refunds from Ankama, and it basically cost the company money.

You can still buy things with Paypal, but you have to use additional services, like Rixty.

0 0
Score : 180

hmm but how can i still pay with paypal ?? it cant countinue after selecting paypal and then it says i cant pay with paypal and thats it where to go from that

0 0
Score : 721

Try check that old post, dunno if this will do the job for you, but did for me back in the day, I haven't charged more money lately so I dunno if still works, but give it a try.

Click here

0 0
Score : 16269

Choose one of the "other option" payment options, generally an online "prepaid card". Use Paypal to charge that card, and than use that card to buy through the web boutique.

0 0
Score : 1635

Well, I bumped some time ago at the same wall and it caused me to leave the game for weeks.

Sadly, Ankama does shitty job about this, and the whole Paypal is kinda swiped under the carpet. Like, the option to use it to pay is still there, you can progress as far as the "Hit it button" and just then it pops "Sorry, nigga, can't proceed".

0 0
Score : 4815

never have I found it so hard to sub for a game before

I have no idea how to use 'prepaid cards' or pay with mobile or whatever (and imo they don't seem that secure) but the option to pay through paypal is still there
also I don't have a credit card :v

so what I've done is linked both my accounts to Steam accounts and pay for subs through the in game shop (that uses my paypal :T )

0 0
Score : 1821
Cairen|2015-04-12 13:53:39

I have no idea how to use 'prepaid cards' or pay with mobile or whatever (and imo they don't seem that secure) but the option to pay through paypal is still there

so what I've done is linked both my accounts to Steam accounts and pay for subs through the in game shop (that uses my paypal :T )
Nothing is more secure than a prepaid card if you buy the card in person. It works just like a debit or credit card. You load the card with exactly the amount you need (rounded up ofc), use it for what you want to use it for and then toss it in the trash. There is nothing left to steal if someone gets the card or the numbers unless they get it before you use it or you leave a balance on the card and even then the most they can steal is the amount you originally loaded onto the card, nothing more.

Some prepaid cards can be recharged and reused but to be secure with those you will want to wait to recharge the card until right before you intend to use it.

Depending on where you live though you will need to make sure you will be able to use the card online and possibly outside your country. (some cards can only be used for purchases "inside" the US for instance.)

Paypal is a nightmare for sellers, especially those who sell digital goods. All a shady buyer has to do is make a claim that they did not receive the goods they tried to purchase and if the seller can not prove to Paypal that the goods were delivered they will do a chargeback from the seller and refund the buyer. I've also heard some sellers say that Paypal freezes their account once a buyer opens a dispute claim meaning the seller can not access any funds in their account until the dispute is resolved. This can take a month or more. Many sellers on eBay refuse to take Paypal anymore because of these issues.
0 0

lol healeria you are so right biggrinDD

Is it safe to pay with credit card??

0 0
Score : 4815
LouCypher|2015-04-12 19:01:49

Nothing is more secure than a prepaid card if you buy the card in person. It works just like a debit or credit card. You load the card with exactly the amount you need (rounded up ofc), use it for what you want to use it for and then toss it in the trash. There is nothing left to steal if someone gets the card or the numbers unless they get it before you use it or you leave a balance on the card and even then the most they can steal is the amount you originally loaded onto the card, nothing more.

Some prepaid cards can be recharged and reused but to be secure with those you will want to wait to recharge the card until right before you intend to use it.

Depending on where you live though you will need to make sure you will be able to use the card online and possibly outside your country. (some cards can only be used for purchases "inside" the US for instance.)

Paypal is a nightmare for sellers, especially those who sell digital goods. All a shady buyer has to do is make a claim that they did not receive the goods they tried to purchase and if the seller can not prove to Paypal that the goods were delivered they will do a chargeback from the seller and refund the buyer. I've also heard some sellers say that Paypal freezes their account once a buyer opens a dispute claim meaning the seller can not access any funds in their account until the dispute is resolved. This can take a month or more. Many sellers on eBay refuse to take Paypal anymore because of these issues.
I live in the UK and I havent heard of prepaid cards but that isnt to say they dont exist, theyre probably in the big supermarkets or WH Smiths or something but traipsing into town to get one isnt always ideal ^^
0 0
Score : 1635

In my country prepaid cards means mostly goin' to the booth with newspapers and other similar goods, you say u want it, they print it on a receipt and you try not to think how unsecure it is while you run toward ye house xD

Also, check if there are other options, like a middleman company. It takes almost instantly to get ogrines if u use ye internet banking account.

0 0
Score : 1681

I filed a ticket and they told me that due to fraud issues they can't discuss in detail (probably the stuff others mentioned) they do not accept PayPal for first-time purchases, i.e. you can still use it if you bought anything in the last year with another payment option. So if you have other options, paypal might work too once you have used that and you do not have to bother with them after.
For me, sadly, there are no other payment options, only pay-by-SMS for 900OG or something like that (I don't even get the option to use a simple credit card). Even if I knew how that worked, that means that I have to buy something I do not want (it has far worse irl money/OG ratio and the amount does not fit well with booster prices) or just can't buy anything.

0 0
Score : 365

I asked support and here's the answer:

Soucieux de lutter contre la fraude bancaire, Ankama a récemment fixé plusieurs limitations sur les achats d’Ogrines.

Voici la liste des différentes limitations existantes :

• Montant maximum d’Ogrines sur un compte : 180 000 Ogrines
  • Achat maximum sur 30 jours : 150 000 Ogrines
  • Achat maximum sur 7 jours : 60 000 Ogrines
  • Achat maximum sur 30 jours (Bourse aux Kamas ): 60 000 Ogrines
Si vous vous trouvez dans l’une de ces situations, vous obtenez effectivement le message vous indiquant que vous avez atteint le montant d’Ogrines maximum.

Translated, it means that:

-You can have 180 000ogrines max on your account
-You can buy up to 150 000ogrines maximum in 30 days
-You can buy up to 60 000ogrines maximum in 7 days
0 0
Score : 54
Szega|2015-04-13 17:51:37
(I don't even get the option to use a simple credit card).

Yeah, this is the part that feels the most ridiculous out of the entire situation.

I have the option to pay in *Dogecoin* and not Visa/MC/AmEx. That's just bizarre.

I wanted to give them money, but I'm not going to jump through a dozen hoops to complete a basic transaction.
0 0
Score : 3391

Yep, I got the same response when I asked.
(I am in the Nox server)

Thank you for contacting Ankama Customer Support and apologies for the delayed response.

We understand that you wish to purchase more Ogrines. However, for security reasons and as an anti-fraud measure, these limits were set:

• Maximum of Ogrines per account: 180, 000 Ogrines
  • Maximum purchase over 30 days: 150, 000 Ogrines
  • Maximum purchase over 7 days: 60, 000 Ogrines
Please be informed that this limit cannot be removed. If you wish to purchase more, please wait for at least 7 days.
0 0

is a prepaid card same like paysafe card i only have these in my country

0 0
Score : 8776
LouCypher|2015-04-12 19:01:49

They also almost always cost additional fees to activate and put money on. I considered this route when I was unable to subscribe for a long period, however, Ankama will not even take credit cards from any account but my Xelor. I've literally been forced to pay with Steam meaning making 5 additional steam accounts. This is also the most effective way to pay with paypal if you single-box. It's a bit more tedious if you multi.

-Madd
0 0
Score : 1821
vicee1|2015-04-13 21:10:04
is a prepaid card same like paysafe card i only have these in my country
Yes I looked it up and they are the same basic concept.

As Madd noted there is always a fee to load money onto the card, I thought I made that evident when I said "buy" the card. In the US they generally charge you about $5 US to buy/load money onto the card.

I should also have noted that you need to read the terms for any card before you buy it because some of them, most but not all, will charge you a "service fee" if you leave a balance on the card for a given period of time. Most seem to be 12 months before they start to charge the service fee. The service fees will eat the remaining balance left on the card so beware and use up any balance before any fees start to kick in.

vicee1 paysafe does charge that service fee starting on the 13th month, they charge $2 per month for US accounts. You would need to check for your area.

It's not the cheapest way to buy things online but it is safer than any other method currently for the reasons I said in my post above.
0 0
Respond to this thread