FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

requesting information from server, little project

By RainyNight February 18, 2015, 22:01:26

hello. If I make application that asks things from server, about what is sold on market of nations, is it okay, or considered fiding holes in system/hacking. or, how should I approach this thing. I wanna make an application about wakfus economy, thing that analyzes it and maybe is able to predict something simple. is this acceptable, or should I just forget whole idea?
I am not experienced coder, but I know something, yes...

why on earth I wanna do it? I love fictional economies. real life trade is bit boring. I am not trying to create dusty stock market filled with greedy people trying to legally rob/destroy/be major menace to their surroundings. I kinda wanna make something like beautifull temple...

tl:dr

can I request stuff from wakfu server with own application without getting black listed/ankama thinking I am poking for holes in system?

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 151

Ankama is a french company, so unless you know french you will have a hard time trying to get premision.

0 0
Score : 691

I know french people can be bit difficult, but I doubt it is that bad with Ankama. They are big company... refusing to speak english? o_O

What I dont get here?

0 0
Score : 151

the probability of a dev reading this thread is better if you post in the french forum.

0 0
Score : 228

Just do it man, forget all the rest
It isnt an exploit, bot or hack. It wouldnt be so diferent from Wakfu elements and such stuff
Dont worry smile

0 0
Score : 303

It depends entirely on what you're trying to create and retrieve.
But since it's regarding the economy, that should be fine. Wakfu-Elements and probably a few other websites have done so before, without intervention from Ankama.

Just be prepared to check and update it regularly if you get it working. smile 

0 0
Score : 5341
OmgIsh-Swagzirra|2015-02-19 02:25:57
Just be prepared to check and update it regularly if you get it working. smile
this x10,000

login protocols have changed repeatedly with almost every patch over the last 6 months.
0 0
Score : 784

best bet would be to post on french forums also , devs check here rarely. but if they do approve you, it'll show some interaction between them and players

0 0
Respond to this thread