FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Lonesadida

By Nufeen - MEMBER - February 07, 2015, 17:31:24

I've slightly updated lonesadida, adding the routing feature (now you can copy&share links to single item pages, like this).

The bad thing about it is related to site architecture (site stores data in browser cache to operate locally, but that requires some time to get data at the first visit), so if you send the link to a certain item to somebody who had not used the site before, it will operate slowly at his side.

"Tactical" version is no longer needed and will be removed.

If somebody don't know what it's all about -- lonesadida.com (with mirror at .ru) is a wakfu item database site built around searching and comparing features (written after that crazy random elements patch, when WE search tool became a bit uncomfortable).

2 0
Reactions 26
Score : 36781

Protip: making digs at WE isnt gonna make people wanna use your site that not only is more uncomfortable to use than the search you are digging at but has a gui that literally burns my retnas

1 0
Score : 21613

i love lonesadida, especially since the background is stable now and not a bunch of fanart

0 0
Score : 16195

Owlite> I dunno. I think the search buttons at Lonesadida are a bit more useful than Wakfu-Elements, though I don't think I'd bash WE either.

A slimmer version of the search UI probably wouldn't be a bad idea though. The buttons for item qualities are a bit big and I can see why some people don't like the big ol' smileys. I think it's charming, but it does bump the search results below the fold on smaller screens like mine.

Also... I actually kind've miss the fan-art backgrounds, though I know I'm the odd one out on that. Would it be silly to ask for a site option to toggle them back on for weirdos like me?

0 0
Score : 7154

I must admit the search functions of lonesadida are pretty nice. Lately I use lonesadida more than WE even after WE updated their info. but design wise yeah it burns my retinas too. its really gaudy.

0 0
Score : 16195

Since Stryve upgraded Wakfu-Elements search terms, it's a bit better again. It still lists some out-dated stats (Willpower, for example), but the more compact interface, and the ability to refine a search without reloading the page is nice. The options for searching by rarity are a bit better, too, since his search UI include Common, Unusual and Rare.

Lonesadida still has some upsides, like pulling drop rates from the official encyclopedia (which includes some info missing from WE), so I might still use both sites. But right now, the WE item search is quicker.

0 0
Score : 1233

I was looking for something like this, didn't found secondary damage option and number os elements in wakfu elements, thank you.

0 0
Gelgy|2015-02-07 23:01:05
Lonesadida still has some upsides, like pulling drop rates from the official encyclopedia (which includes some info missing from WE), so I might still use both sites. But right now, the WE item search is quicker.
i feel the sort options in lonesadida hardcore mode make it a more useful tool than item search, for my needs.
0 0
Score : 9050

I've been constantly trying to tell Nufeen about the site design, but looks like its creator has his own vision and opinion. He's quite stubborn about that. I've been told that big buttons are adapted for "modern" users with tablet computers or how they're called. For mortal users with normal pc and laptops this interface stays rather unfriendly. I can't design sites but I might draw some ideas for improvement and lend it to Nufeen later. Suggestions are welcomed.

0 0

but... wakfu is a PC game, whose users use PCs....

0 0
Score : 461
BrainInAJar|2015-02-08 05:40:40
lol, my thoughts exactly when i read that statement about tablets. Don't most of us read these sites while alt-tabbed out of wakfu on our pcs or on a second monitor?
0 0
Score : 1780

i actually use WE on tablet when im away from PC, making builds and stuff biggrin 
0 0
NealFravardin|2015-02-08 06:14:02
lol, my thoughts exactly when i read that statement about tablets. Don't most of us read these sites while alt-tabbed out of wakfu on our pcs or on a second monitor?
you can... you can detect if its mobile right? lots of websites have a mobile and a desktop mode.
0 0

Now that more people are expressing their feelings about the design, I'm getting a hope that Nufeen would actually listen. C:
So, yeah, I did a thing. It's all hand drawn and I have zero experience in web design, but at least I tried!

I personally am against large buttons (but hey class smileys are fun!), therefore I might come up with another version. For now, I'm waiting for the site's owner's feedback.
2 0
Score : 8444

Oooh, that drafted layout is looking good, Aho-sama! happy

--
Personally, I'm a fan of dark backgrounds against neutral colored buttons and light fonts, as its less strain to the eyes, so I still opt to go for WE when I don't have to look for a cluster type of items.

I think both sites have their pros and cons, but defo both useful happy 

0 0
Score : 36781

I still think the buttons are to big there's a reason why everyone likes wakfu-elements and its because boredom doesn't try to hard to appeal to the wrong demographic of people.

Almost nobody is gonna be viewing the site on mobile and it just makes me feel like I hopped into a time machine back to 2006

1 0

I find darker colors more appealing too, but in this particular case it risks to look like a WE design ripoff, so I tried something what won't remind of any other wakfu-related site and also would reflect the sadid-ish theme.

0 0
Score : 8444
MiniMikeh|2015-02-08 07:32:41
I still think the buttons are to big there's a reason why everyone likes wakfu-elements and its because boredom doesn't try to hard to appeal to the wrong demographic of people.

Almost nobody is gonna be viewing the site on mobile and it just makes me feel like I hopped into a time machine back to 2006

maybe the buttons, which shows stats and attributes could be clustered similarly to how it is in game, int str, agi, cha, etc. - use those as general tabs to replace the buttons, and each attribute under its respective tab

iunno just an idea
0 0
Score : 3472

LS is fine to use and so is WE, pros and cons to both . However LS is ...well...an eye sore to look at, ppl tend to use darker colors for websites for a reason. No it doesnt need to be in blue or black necessarily, but everything on LS is bright its practically neon. Since Sadida is the theme/name there ARE lots of dark greens and browns, plus lighter green and browns & white to work with, without having the colors get overly bright .....but thats my 2 cents

0 0
Score : 752

Wowowow, didn't expect such a discussion. I will try to answer everybody.

First, LS appeared initially as a tool for searching through WE, without WE it just would not exist, and surely there is no kind of 'digging' or whatever you call it, not mentioning that I am a dedicated WE user myself. Boredom and Jekyll are the ones who inspired me to write LS, and i appreciate their work greatly. WE is almost perfect, but I just wanted several extra features and it's really strange to bother people with requests when I can just sit down and write all I need myself.

Considering the site itself, one of the goals was to make a tablet-friendly site. I use iPad a lot, and it is rather hard to deal with WE search tool on a touch device (again, no 'digging', it just wasn't designed for perverts with tablets). But on the other hand I didn't want to draw two interfaces instead of one, I had enough to do with sorting & searching logic. Personally I am ok with big buttons (finally that's where we go now, whenever you like it or not, in next years you will meet more and more giant-buttons interfaces, today you just cannot release the site without testing how it works on touch devices, so in all cases when you have no resources for especial mobile version you will be bound to gigantic interface elements), and I was a bit surprised to encounter such an aversion.

Anyway, I am planning to draw a moderate version for PC-s only. I feel no real need in it, but as long as too many people are telling me the same I feel I have to.

Another thing (thank you J for mentioning it) is "hardcore mode" of LS (accessible by clicking "normal"). That's the tool for sorting selected items by a certain stat, in fact, that's the main feature, but looks like I've made a button too small (if you know what I mean) and not everybody notices it. If you didn't notice it too, please take a look, maybe you will find it useful.

As for returning backgrounds to little screens (now they appear only if the screen is wider than 1400px), I will think about it in the new version (I will actually try to construct it basing on all contradictory advices I get), but for current design it really was a mistake, I have to admit it. These fanarts are too pretty to work as messy backgrounds.

0 0
Respond to this thread