Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

ALT + F4 PvP

By Pandinade - MEMBER - February 06, 2015, 22:14:23
Reactions 35
Score : 1753
MiniMikeh|2015-02-07 06:13:29
Why are pvp fanboys so obnoxious
Alt + F4 PvPers have my respect. The troll they bring to the PvP trolls is fantastic.
0 0
Score : 2337

If you Alt+F4, it should keep your character logged in for a few seconds as if you were logging out properly. That way, people abusing this would have a few seconds of vulnerability to be pked.

As for the PK system being flawed, that goes without saying. Losses shouldn't be equivalent to Winnings in the first place, especially not for a baseline. In-fact, you should get orbs regardless if you win or lose (at a reduced amount if you lose of course) and only have merit go up or down depending if you win or not.

1 0
Score : 2632
FinroyThePuppeteer|2015-02-07 14:58:55
*takes out popcorn bucket* Oh, a pvp fanboys convention again. Fun fun. I am happy for people who discovered this little alt+f4 thing. Good job, people. Maybe this will finally help some few.
Alt+F4 is definitely not intended for the sole purpose of avoiding PvP losses.

If you flag for PvP, you're therefore agreeing to take in losses and wins. Abusing this flaw to guarantee loss protection or to escape pvp in some way, should at least you ban you from the game for a few hours.
0 0
Score : 36881
Fadedscourge|2015-02-07 16:51:50
*takes out popcorn bucket* Oh, a pvp fanboys convention again. Fun fun. I am happy for people who discovered this little alt+f4 thing. Good job, people. Maybe this will finally help some few.

If you flag for PvP, you're therefore agreeing to take in losses and wins. Abusing this flaw to guarantee loss protection or to escape pvp in some way, should at least you ban you from the game for a few hours.
now you guys are taking it a little to seriously as people have pointed out sometimes people have a life outside of you pking them? There is no way to prove if they are doing it just to avoid you and even if they are who cares? If i dont wanna be pkd i should have the option to opt out.

This was never an issue until glory orbs got involved which leads me to believe none of you actually care as long as you get your daily orbs.

Tl;dr you're being ridiculous but then again you are someone who outs mods im surprised YOU haven't been banned yet
1 -1
Score : 2101

If the Merit/Glory PvP system wasn't so easily exploitable I'd care for it. As it is, this thread is pointless.

1 0
Score : 4306
MiniMikeh|2015-02-07 17:36:20
Fadedscourge|2015-02-07 16:51:50

now you guys are taking it a little to seriously as people have pointed out sometimes people have a life outside of you pking them? There is no way to prove if they are doing it just to avoid you and even if they are who cares? If i dont wanna be pkd i should have the option to opt out.

This was never an issue until glory orbs got involved which leads me to believe none of you actually care as long as you get your daily orbs.

Tl;dr you're being ridiculous but then again you are someone who outs mods im surprised YOU haven't been banned yet
This. I think people started taking PVP too seriously. There is life outside of PVP. And for some this new thing may be only way to escape the notorius gankers who camp basically EVERYWHERE now. If you are not one of them, be glad that you still have a bit of honour, because some people don't. Only thing that they think of, logging into this game each day is - I need to get more merit, no matter the cost.
1 -1
Score : 8480

Everyone bashing this thread for being pointless is a dweeb and needs to get over the fact that you don't like to be PKed. If you DONT want to be PKed, turn your wings off. End of story. If you have your wings on, you shouldn't be able to turn the game off to avoid PvP. The main reason why Almanax Teleport takes a few seconds now is to give you a moment of vulnerability. As soon as Sabi and the rest of the Ankama developer team realizes that there's an exploit to getting around being PKed, I am almost certain they will fix it.

And thank you for helping me make this thread long, apparently long threads are the only ones that they read.

0 0
Xillor-The-Shadow|2015-02-08 01:36:38
Everyone bashing this thread for being pointless is a dweeb and needs to get over the fact that you don't like to be PKed. If you DONT want to be PKed, turn your wings off. End of story. If you have your wings on, you shouldn't be able to turn the game off to avoid PvP. The main reason why Almanax Teleport takes a few seconds now is to give you a moment of vulnerability. As soon as Sabi and the rest of the Ankama developer team realizes that there's an exploit to getting around being PKed, I am almost certain they will fix it.

And thank you for helping me make this thread long, apparently long threads are the only ones that they read.
Says the nerd who's only enjoyment in life is pking people on an mmo online
0 0
Score : 787
Xillor-The-Shadow|2015-02-08 01:36:38

I like PvP, but if you can't see the system is flawed as hell beyond bugs and was just rushed out the door, you're the dweeb, dweeb.
0 0
Score : 2632

I'm not much of a PvP'er, in fact, I have very tiny Bonta wings, and a 6-1 record. I simply acknowledge the PvP rules. Abuse will always be abuse, I also understand why you wouldn't want to PvP, but if you don't want to PvP, then don't have wings up.

Most PvP'ers on Nox are educated enough to ask for a fight, or simply aggro and follow it up with a welcoming greeting.

0 0
Fadedscourge|2015-02-08 04:13:06
I'm not much of a PvP'er, in fact, I have very tiny Bonta wings, and a 6-1 record. I simply acknowledge the PvP rules. Abuse will always be abuse, I also understand why you wouldn't want to PvP, but if you don't want to PvP, then don't have wings up.

Most PvP'ers on Nox are educated enough to ask for a fight, or simply aggro and follow it up with a welcoming greeting.
Please I have a heart condition you almost killed me from laughing so hard
0 0
Score : 355
MiniMikeh|2015-02-08 04:16:36
Fadedscourge|2015-02-08 04:13:06

Please I have a heart condition you almost killed me from laughing so hard
My time on nox was usually with the latter... biggrin 
0 0
Score : 910
0 0
Score : 2275
This is Remington, they 5v1 you for sexual thrills and then say 'kri is fre'.
Most ciss people ever, no fun, not one bit.
1 0
Score : 910
Element|2015-02-09 15:08:09
'kri is fre'.
0 0
Score : 5341
BrainInAJar|2015-02-07 01:02:22
-Celio-|2015-02-06 22:41:44
BrainInAJar|2015-02-06 22:18:40
cant really code out that, its a function inherent to a window.
WRONG, League Of Legends actually do that.
well you can set an on-close event, and dink it up, but its not a great practice.
very few mmo's i've played that don't do that in some fashion. Most will typically just leave you logged in for 30 seconds.

There's nothing wrong with preventing an app request to close from completing if there is a legitimate use case to do so.
0 0
Respond to this thread