FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Should this be considered a scam?

By Nanaers - MEMBER - February 03, 2015, 14:21:35

Picture says everything, im not upset over the 3000 k but this doesn't seem like it's in line with the t&c and very possibly could happen on a larger scale.

Click here

should this be allowed? if so should larger forms of scams/lying be condoned?

discuss.

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 895

Lol, I wouldn't bother giving them 3,000 kamas, that's something you can easily earn but I guess some people like using newb quests as an excuse. There shouldn't be any quests that cost kamas as it allows people to do scams like this.

0 0
Score : 7406

Its not a scam realy..its begging. Heck you even have a beg emote in this game.

People do it in real life to. You would be supised how many suckers can fail for it.

I recomend you ignore those players if you can. The more money you give them, more they beg.

However...you could try this:
Click here
Give them this item in trade window. 1.st show 10k kamas, then place that item into a trade window and remove the cash. Then trade.
0 0
Score : 895
Yunru|2015-02-03 14:51:29
However...you could try this:
Click here
Give them this item in trade window. 1.st show 10k kamas, then place that item into a trade window and remove the cash. Then trade.
You could show 10k but I don't think thats enough :p maybe show them atleast a mill so they cry everytime they trade someone firelaughfire 
0 0
Score : 8452

if only he could be my resource point slave ;^;

id defo pay 3000 kamas for 100k rp QUQ *shot'd*

0 0
Score : 1820

Just put them on ignore list and move on.

0 0
Score : 5532
Yunru|2015-02-03 14:51:29
Its not a scam realy..its begging.

Did you miss the part where the "begger" got the 3,000 kamas from person B, then continued to whisper additional people asking for 3,000 kamas?

Not a clever scam at all, and literally begging, but obviously with the aim of deceiving as many people as possible into thinking he can't afford the mount when actually he could afford it several times over.

(Why would anyone give the full amount of 3,000?? He can't even pay a single kama out of his own pocket? We all play the same game here; we know it's not that hard to get such an amount through honest work.)
0 0
Score : 6390
Matty-Ragez|2015-02-03 14:47:11
Lol, I wouldn't bother giving them 3,000 kamas, that's something you can easily earn but I guess some people like using newb quests as an excuse. There shouldn't be any quests that cost kamas as it allows people to do scams like this.
This. I ran Gobball dungeon plenty of times with my multimen and got easy 3000 kamas for my dragoturkey because I was using a low level character. so it was appropriate. IN ADDITION I sold all those gobball items i earned for 2/3 of the 3000 kamas I needed so if guy can't earn 3000 kamas by himself needs to get his play style in check.
0 0
Score : 24983

Or he could play without dragoturkey until he got to receive kamas from treasure chests after Wild Estate questline. Anyone can afford dragoturkey, soon or later, no matter how much they fail with earning kamas by selling.

The best you can do for that guy is to not give him anything, or at best guide him how to earn kamas for it.

Seriously i doubt he even wanted dragoturkey, he just found out that a good way to earn money without much effort is to trick people that he want kamas for mount.
My advice: don't be naive, don't feed the troll.

0 0
Score : 18195

It's a scam if the person received the money but still asks for money for the same thing. Then it becomes NOT for the drago but for his pocket. Because once he receives it ONE TIME, it then becomes LYING, and lying about something in order to receive a gain is fraud/a scam.

Just saying.

0 0
Score : 3091

Just don't give kamas to beggers. Its that easy. Discourage this behaviour by making it unrewarding for them.

0 0
Score : 19185

Bummer. I'm sorry to see this happen to anyone.

0 0
Score : 638

it is begging, not scamming.

You gave him money out of kindness. You asked nothing in return.

0 0
Score : 7406

Maybe i should make a Enutrof and name it:
The old beggar...
Then i would run all araund the world and ask for kamas. Of cose using a beg emote every time.
Also asking 100 kamas for portal.

Aka roleplaying biggrin.
Sounds like fun.

0 0
Score : 24983
Yunru|2015-02-05 13:26:46
The old beggar...
Then i would run all araund the world and ask for kamas. Of cose using a beg emote every time.

Aka roleplaying biggrin.
Sounds like fun.
Do it in Father Whupper insygnia! xD
0 0
Score : 101
Kikuihimonji|2015-02-05 20:50:33
Yunru|2015-02-05 13:26:46
The old beggar...

Aka roleplaying biggrin.
Sounds like fun.
Do it in Father Whupper insygnia! xD
and with that coin-dropping relic equipped laugh 
0 0
Respond to this thread