FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Current guild system preventing new guilds

By Nanaers - MEMBER - January 24, 2015, 09:54:55

So basically, I've noticed that because of the guild revamp (from a long time ago) and how long it takes to get a guild all of the bonuses anybody looking for a new guild would be crazy to join a guild with none of these bonuses to offer.

And this has prevented the rise of new guilds and led to the decay of old ones where the original leader has usually quit and become inactive and just a few players are in it for the bonus.

Now this is just the case for remington but I can list off a plethora of guilds that have maxed out in bonuses but now only have 1-2 players online most of the time.

So do you guys thing this is an issue that prevents the rise of new guilds and rather leads to old guilds being recycled?

1 -1
Reactions 24
Score : 548

I think it's about guild leaders taking the wrong approach. I made a guild like less then a week ago. We're at 38 members I think, level 3. For example yesterday evening there were 8-10 online at some point. People to often WANT to go for the higher leveled players instantly, but that's not the right way to go at it, I think. You need to create a bond between you and your members, by for example adding newer players and helping them understand the game and getting better and better.

0 0
Score : 6308
Coyox|2015-01-24 10:48:48
I think it's about guild leaders taking the wrong approach. I made a guild like less then a week ago. We're at 38 members I think, level 3. For example yesterday evening there were 8-10 online at some point. People to often WANT to go for the higher leveled players instantly, but that's not the right way to go at it, I think. You need to create a bond between you and your members, by for example adding newer players and helping them understand the game and getting better and better.
I think it promotes linear progression for a guild but if a level 150 guy wants to make a new guild it makes it really hard unless he has a strong backing, and because of that either he has to help a low level players and build it up from there (which I have nothing against) or somehow level it up by himself.
0 0
Nanaers|2015-01-24 11:22:44
Coyox|2015-01-24 10:48:48
I think it promotes linear progression for a guild but if a level 150 guy wants to make a new guild it makes it really hard unless he has a strong backing, and because of that either he has to help a low level players and build it up from there (which I have nothing against) or somehow level it up by himself.
Yeah, well, I'm level 94, fairly newish myself and I guess it works for me because I'm also the kind of person that likes helping players/new players.
0 0
Score : 1764

Lets just not talk about girls with havenworlds then.

1 0
Score : 847

Well a level 150+ guy falls into 2 catagories, they want to be in a level 10 guild with other level 150+ guys to do dungeon runs over and over, either with other players, boxing, or what ever.

Or they are kinda bored and want to start up their own guild to fiddle with it because its something they just want, or want to try out because they might be burned out with normal grinding. They probably still have characters in the high level guild to keep track of dungeon runs.

Me, I'm level 100ish and started my own guild a few weeks ago simply because i wanted to experiment with boxing and might as well build guild points while doing it, so far working out fine, building up guild by myself, reaching max guild points each week with my alts, maybe a couple other players in the guild just for kicks but not a big deal not having 150 other people in the guild.

The bad part about guilds is that there is always people in bad guilds who just don't want to leave for some reason, either they are fine with just the basic boosts they are getting, they aren't interested in changing, etc. I know people who are in abandoned level 5-8 guilds with minimal bonus's i guess they don't play much so doesn't matter to them not being in a active guild. Heck, just in trade section are people trying to offload fully build level 10 guilds with haven worlds due to no players.

I don't think its a guild problem, guilds are easy, its a lack of player problem. Game just has a low player base which means not many fully active guilds.

0 0
Score : 3530

Girls with HW"s? what the fk does that have to do with anything, that aside....

The main problem is population, very few guilds dont have an issue either keeping members or at least keeping thier active lvl member # up. Simply becasue of ppl taking breaks and then theres many who put a character in all the active guilds, dont participate much and pretty much use guilds for bonuses and dungeons run listings. Cant really fault them for using guilds in this manner, but unless a guild has a good core, its hard to get all the bonuses or add things for the HW and more often than not 90% of it ends up being the guild leader alone. Which guild leaders tend to either burn out, get frustrated or end up just not caring. Not all of course but the guilds that fair better have 5 or so active members carrying the guild in what needs to be done not only the leader. Then there is the issue of having a high lvl guild, that you wont leave even though its dead, it gets to the point that you can only rebuild it so many times, before you say fk it, you struggle to recruit ppl and more often they dont stay and its a vicious cycle. Right now im on a break due to being frustrated with it though so...this post is a bit jaded due to that

0 0
Score : 18195

I honestly don't see the point in this? I don't think it needs "fixed" or whatever. Recruit new players and friends and whatever like everyone else freaking did back in the day? If you want to start a new guild rather than be a part of an existing one, then that's something you're going to have to face... it doesn't mean the system needs an overhaul just because you don't want to deal with it.

Our guild is max level. We have about 120 or so characters in the guild, but only about maybe... 2 active members right now because of work/school related stuff. Those 2 or so people bring about 2-4 characters on daily or every other day at least. When we are 'thriving' we are sitting on about 8-12 players active. But we have a haven world, we have a lot of leveled buildings, we have our own market, our own phoenix zaap minter... our own ecosystem inside of it with investing players allowed to have permissions and houses. We have a ton of bonuses, nearly all of them actually... sitting on like 11k GP unspent atm too... that's from about 3 players gathering GP randomly, no GP farming lately...

I mean, it's not like you can't build it up yourself, even with only a few people. If you want a huge guild, then you're out of luck anyway because the populations on the servers are low. Lots of alts, not lots of players.

If you don't want to invest the time and effort into a guild to make it thrive, then go join an existing guild. If the guild isn't "thriving" to your standards, find a different guild.

Don't revamp an entire system just because people leave or get bored or you don't like it. Wakfu is buggy enough as it is without begging for the entire guild system to be revamped. They can't even fix some visual glitches without wiping half the server, so please don't ask for something like this that can and probably will ruin all the hard work some of us have already invested into the current guild system. They already screwed us over for investing our hard work into the previous guild system. :/ I, for one, do not desire a repeat of that BS.

0 0
lyricalglitchen|2015-01-24 12:30:32

The main problem is population, very few guilds dont have an issue either keeping members or at least keeping thier active lvl member # up. Simply becasue of ppl taking breaks and then theres many who put a character in all the active guilds, dont participate much and pretty much use guilds for bonuses and dungeons run listings. Cant really fault them for using guilds in this manner, but unless a guild has a good core, its hard to get all the bonuses or add things for the HW and more often than not 90% of it ends up being the guild leader alone. Which guild leaders tend to either burn out, get frustrated or end up just not caring. Not all of course but the guilds that fair better have 5 or so active members carrying the guild in what needs to be done not only the leader. Then there is the issue of having a high lvl guild, that you wont leave even though its dead, it gets to the point that you can only rebuild it so many times, before you say fk it, you struggle to recruit ppl and more often they dont stay and its a vicious cycle. Right now im on a break due to being frustrated with it though so...this post is a bit jaded due to that
Hey, you seem like the right kind of person to "lead" a guild. How about you come back, start slowly and join me ( Bellagio ). We're relatively new, so don't expect a ton of bonusses but it's fun so far and got a few nice active players already. We can slowly build it up together. Just let me know what you think, there's no pressure so ^^.
0 0
Score : 1820
Nanaers|2015-01-24 09:54:55
So basically, I've noticed that because of the guild revamp (from a long time ago) and how long it takes to get a guild all of the bonuses anybody looking for a new guild would be crazy to join a guild with none of these bonuses to offer.

And this has prevented the rise of new guilds and led to the decay of old ones where the original leader has usually quit and become inactive and just a few players are in it for the bonus.

Now this is just the case for remington but I can list off a plethora of guilds that have maxed out in bonuses but now only have 1-2 players online most of the time.

So do you guys thing this is an issue that prevents the rise of new guilds and rather leads to old guilds being recycled?
Someone had to work for those bonuses just like any new guilds will have to work for their bonuses. I'm not understanding at all what it is you're trying to say is a problem.

In 90 days my girl and I have a level 8 guild with three guild bank tabs, 4x5 hp bonus, dodge, lock, wis, pp and 2x5% crafting bonuses. Ok it was a bit more than 90 days because she already had the first 5hp bonus when I came back but other than her brother who has just started playing and has logged maybe 5 times it's just the two of us. Sure there are a ton of other bonuses we do not have yet but we'll get there. It's not nearly as hard to level a guild as you seem to think it is. With 4 accounts I can easily do over 600 gp per day in an hour or so myself and that is not even working every character slot.

It all comes down to how much you're willing to focus and put the work in.
0 0
Score : 4306

I think the problem here is not the old guilds, who reached max and something like that, but multiplicity of new people joining the game and creating a couple of new guilds each day and then abandoning then when they realize they can't tug it anymore. There are plenty of guilds that are happy to take people in, but - no - people want to be independant and of course, I respect that, but sometimes, maybe you should start from somewhere, learn, earn something and then start your own guild like some did.
Guild I am in - Jabberstuck (Remington), we were basically a small sleepy guild about a year ago. Now, I am proud of all we achieved in that time. It's attitude that matters. If your guild leader abandoned your guild it doesn't mean it's ***ked. I know good examples on same Remington - Cluster. Its leader stopped playing due to real life problems. Did the new leader gave up on guild? Hell no.
If you see your guild stagnating - make a clean up. People who didn't play for long time already - out, new - in. Believe me, there are always people wanting to join.
And if you already got with a guild on your hand, don't give up - it may take a lot of time, money and patience, but can be worth it. Don't be afraid to go to Astrub and just shout that you are recruiting. Even these people, who just start out need some company. Besides, small new guilds shouldn't be too picky at first. We all start somewhere. It's later you MAY put up all sort of restrictions for members if you need or want.
Peace.Kittens.
~Poetesse

0 0
Score : 1754

I think your assumption is a bit misleading.

I started playing last September, joined a guild while it was around lvl 3-4, right now it's lvl 8 with almost all the bonuses and we pooled our resources and bought a haven world when it was on sale.

Joining a guild only to leech the benefits it's kinda selfish, wouldn't you agree?

Personally i think it's awesome to be part of the growth of a guild and i'm inclined to agree with LouCypher.

0 0
Score : 19186

It seems to me that it's more about making friends and having fun than achieving maximum bonuses.

If I'm having fun and enjoying my time in a Guild, that eventually leads to earning bonuses and making progress. It's a wonderful system: the more you interact and help, the stronger the Guild itself becomes.

0 0
Score : 3359
lyricalglitchen|2015-01-24 12:30:32

+1

Adding to that, Haven Worlds are a LOT of work. My boyfriend and I team up to get a lot of it done, and even after that there is still so much to get done. The Haven World really progresses when multiple people chip in. I host guild events with prizes to help raise funds, and you also just have to encourage people and do your best to stay positive.
And breaks do happen. Our guild has had a few times in the past with slow activity, but there has been a few people who are always willing to put the work in to keep it going (thank you guys!). If a guild does die off, it always has the possibility of bouncing back as long as you're willing to put the effort in. Don't discount those sleepy guilds, personally I admire when they pick themselves back up! (I've seen it happen with a few on Nox).
0 0
kurausu|2015-01-24 21:11:39
I think your assumption is a bit misleading.

I started playing last September, joined a guild while it was around lvl 3-4, right now it's lvl 8 with almost all the bonuses and we pooled our resources and bought a haven world when it was on sale.

Joining a guild only to leech the benefits it's kinda selfish, wouldn't you agree?

Personally i think it's awesome to be part of the growth of a guild and i'm inclined to agree with LouCypher.
I didn't say you need to join a guild to leech. Did I say it somewhere? Joining guild only to be leeched and helped and not giving anything back is worst kind of thing that people can do.
0 0

You said it would be crazy joining a guild without bonuses.
I felt you implied there is no other purpose to joining a guild besides the bonuses.

My bad.

0 0
Score : 5953

my guild lvl 8 with all bonuses
no one in guild exept me
99% work for guild from me

players join to friends not to bonuses
I know many players who left to "friends guild" created 1 min ago

and yes
bonuses all ussles

all lvl 150+ players with 1000%+dmg to elements
and guild bonus +-10-20% dmg or 10 resist....too low for count

0 0
S48GSII|2015-01-24 23:02:22
no one in guild exept me

and yes
bonuses all ussles

This guy gets it.

The most useful resource in a guild is its guild members.
0 0
kurausu|2015-01-24 23:05:01
S48GSII|2015-01-24 23:02:22
no one in guild exept me

and yes
bonuses all ussles

This guy gets it.

The most useful resource in a guild is its guild members.
Guild that can't stay together never will become a strong guild. People will constantly leave. I do miss many of people who left us due to real life and so on, because they helped to develop the guild and were good friends. But some are still here more than a year already. And some even never left since guild was created. These people are backbone of our guild, ones I always can trust.
0 0
Score : 3530

I wont say too much about it, since this is my issue and not most, i ran into a issue due to the multi-account nature of the game. Which i have 3 myself, so im not saying its bad perse....HOWEVER....there is an issue with multi accounters and guilds and the issue is the ones that dont ever mention they are the same person, or mind game-types, or share accounts and you end up in a situation where one gets pissed off and 10+ ppl leave or one tiny issue that could be worked out with more normal circumstance, steamrolls into 1001 issuess very fast. At this point i dont even know how to recruit since im trying to avoid the same issues and the same 5 ppl with 6+ accounts each and then they share accounts. I also wont abandon my guild due to the HW, and all the stuff added, plus the bonuses, although im going to put some char in friends guilds just so i can play the game at this point

0 0
Respond to this thread