FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Single element end game

By dragons769 January 12, 2015, 21:18:36

The common thing people ask know a days is "Is single element a viable option?" hardcore wakfu players always respond with "YES!, if you aint single element then you suck!" Doesnt it bother you when you are paying in a group and theres a bunch of double/tri element people with under lvled gear and bad spell options. I will agree if you are a wealthy person in wakfu then hell, go tri element. But i thats not what this post is about, im here to tell you, yes single element is viable to a certain degree. Theres some trade offs you have to be aware tho like less options when it comes to res. But heres a few pros to it.

Let me list the pros:
-Gear choice is super easy
-Build can revolt around a very strong point (%dmg/support/tank etc) then further with a certain type of dmg (single target, aoe etc)
-Heck of alot cheaper! less re-rolls (trans), and better single element gear (Exemple: Account key, pets, etc...)
-End game pvp with the new "2 item res" (carefull as you might get unlucky with a pvp opponent that has your dmg%)
-Usually all spells from one element are designed to follow with each other

Okay i'm just giving a short example of my character and why i decided to be single element: I'm a air mask, i'm souly built around dps and map manipulation. With my current gear i have, Iv reached 1100% Air dmg at lvl 150. I already have 160 gear lined up to give me a total of about 1300-1500% dmg. If i include single target dmg im up to about 200% more. My damage when playing with groups is one of the highest. I focus things with lower air res (logically). Sure people say "yea but when the low air res monsters are dead, your useless" um, no. I focus on map manipulation. (exemple: enu dungeon, My job was to push the boss mob all the way in a corner so that he doesn't attack anyone else.)

With that said, I find more enjoyment playing single element. Dont be discouraged from someone telling you "you cant be single element". In all honesty, play the way "YOU" want and you will find more enjoyment that way. The damage or utility will follow.

5 0
Reactions 10
Score : 7771

Would love to know what gear you're using for 1500% at 160.

I play 4/1 water/fire Panda and mono is very doable.

1 0
Score : 21629

almost all viable endgame gear is bi-elemental.

tri-element still takes the double hit in damage obtained by spell level and about 40% from gear, with a more limited list of gear choices.

ofc the millenium sword kinda puts the accounts key to shame... and the new ancients dagger plus say, cartu shushu or pheno-stem. and all the golden pets are at least bi-elemental as well. i mean theres very little advantage right now in terms of gear.

correct me if I'm wrong.

0 0
Score : 36866

I plan on releasing a mono element build soon
its still in the works but it's far from impossible and I can see it being better than hybrid in most cases

Been teaming with a friend who runs 2 mono characters with 1400 - 1500 damage in their respective element.

It's not that hard

0 0
Score : 1445

I have multiple Mono characters.
I remember a point where duo was questionable and tri was really questionable and now it's mono that is felt to be invalid. Some will tell you Mono is inferior but I *really* like the thematic cohesiveness of a mono kit on some classes.

In some cases it feels like you're throwing in a second element just because you're supposed to, but you don't really gain anything from it other then hitting a lower resist. It can be somewhat moot given elemental spread amongst multiple enemies and not a specific one.

0 0
Score : 12139

I agree with others single damage is fine at high level. The thing about it is you of course can't fight some things well but that's not the worst thing. I think the massive drawback for going solo element is the versatility you lose *depending on your class*

0 0
Score : 11814

he says underpowered gear and all that stuff, oke first of all higher damage and resist in one element... wow thats just.. bad... and about the gear, every single item in wakfu got a 2 elements option so idk what youre getting that bull from, im a dual build panda water / earth with 1100% dmg in both elements and didn't even finish my set yet, with endset for now ill have about 1250%.... and also dual builds have more mobility and btw even more choice of spells, as mono build you can max 4 spells of the branche i believe, dual builds can max 5 and tri- builds can even max 6 (2 in every branche) and you can combine spells and use the enemys weakest res so you are not stuck on not hitting much. for PVE its the worst thing you can do, for PVP its alright, EXCEPT if the oponent is dual builded and has 1 element thesame as you, since there are only 4 elements alright, 5 including status.. its not so hard to fight someone or end up fighing someone who has 1 of his elements thesame as yours..

Agosta|2015-01-12 21:23:01
Would love to know what gear you're using for 1500% at 160.

I play 4/1 water/fire Panda and mono is very doable.
hes a mask, they get alot of damage from dodge aswell
0 -4
Score : 5532
dragons769|2015-01-12 21:18:36
The common thing people ask know a days is "Is single element a viable option?" hardcore wakfu players always respond with "YES!, if you aint single element then you suck!"

Who says this
1 0
Score : 1445
Merriden|2015-01-14 04:56:43
dragons769|2015-01-12 21:18:36
The common thing people ask know a days is "Is single element a viable option?" hardcore wakfu players always respond with "YES!, if you aint single element then you suck!"

Who says this
Nobody? The forum is pretty anti-mono

Click here 
0 0
Score : 1502

Single is really viable only in rare cases. Most of the time multi-ele is far better.

0 0
Score : 13934

400 base dmg

1500% Fire build VS 1300% Fire.Earth build

mob has 70% Fire res and 50% Earth

Mono Fire hits for 1800 while duo build uses earth and hits for 2600.

The only reason mono is ok imo, is because boss resists tend to be equal. If that ever changes... hello Magmog... then mono has big problems.

2 0
Respond to this thread