FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Most efficient Recipe for Transmutation 160?

By lSushi - MEMBER - December 27, 2014, 01:40:52

Hi everyone, does anyone know the fastest and most efficient recipe to make Transmutation 160's with handyman? I've been doing trapping harvests, but it seems really slow for the amount required to make the 160's. If anyone knows a better and faster way to get materials to make Transmutation 160's (Any kind of Gathering Profession), please share it! I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Transmutation 160's have 6 ways to be made with 6 different gathering professions. They are Lumbering, Herbalist, Mining, Fishing, Farming and Trapping.

0 0
Reactions 37
Score : 1224

If I remember correctly, Trapping is the only profession that you cannot get the captcha cat (the cat that gives you 40 resources). So timewise every profession would be quicker than trapping. If there is a Herbalist one though, that may be the quickest since you can plant your own square anywhere and its fairly simple to do.

Hope this helps a lil.

0 0
Score : 2193

with snoffle, seal of companionship and mine hat, mining is the fastest way, possebly also without seal, but if u dont have those items go for another profession

0 0
Score : 9053

I'd say doing dungeons on multiple accs. Takes as long as crafting, but rewards you with xp and items.
But if you can't afford it, then go for mining. Why? Ores are auto respawning and you can boost your ore harvest with items such as mine helmet, goldigger pick, snoofle and, of course, seal of the companionship. Which is hard work but worth it.
There's literally no other resource which can be collected at amount of 8 as the highest possible number. You can do that only with the items mentioned above, though.

Edit: aw I'm too slow with my posts, but well :'D

0 0

Just take into account how you like working for your materials as well.

For mining efficiency you need a proper route and not competing with others for sources. Yes you can get up to 8 with the proper equipment, BUT you also have to do a lot of clicking, a lot of moving, and sometimes a lot of downtime.

Herbalist allows less competition, you can do it in your own corner of the world, everything is right there in front of you, its easy to spam and do netflix at the same time.

Basically - efficiency will be based off how much attention you want to attribute towards the task. And, as someone else stated, doing dungeons really will be your best source of them.

0 0
Score : 715
WwhitekrowW|2014-12-27 01:55:48

For mining efficiency you need a proper route and not competing with others for sources. Yes you can get up to 8 with the proper equipment, BUT you also have to do a lot of clicking, a lot of moving, and sometimes a lot of downtime.

Herbalist allows less competition, you can do it in your own corner of the world, everything is right there in front of you, its easy to spam and do netflix at the same time.

Basically - efficiency will be based off how much attention you want to attribute towards the task. And, as someone else stated, doing dungeons really will be your best source of them.

So if I did Herbalist, I can plant the required materials to make Trans 160's anywhere in the world? If that's true, I might do herbalist.. I can't afford to get all that stuff required for mining, so that's out of the question :c

Edit: Can you also get Capnatcha in your Haven Bag? I was thinking about buying Garden gems and planting the required materials to make Transmutation 160's in my Haven bag.
0 0
Score : 2193

yes, you can meet our beloved capn in your haven bag

0 0
lSushi|2014-12-27 02:06:08

So if I did Herbalist, I can plant the required materials to make Trans 160's anywhere in the world? If that's true, I might do herbalist.. I can't afford to get all that stuff required for mining, so that's out of the question :c

Edit: Can you also get Capnatcha in your Haven Bag? I was thinking about buying Garden gems and planting the required materials to make Transmutation 160's in my Haven bag.
Not necessarily anywhere in the world. I would advise getting a haven bag with garden gems (most efficient). Some herbs can only be planted on certain islands however they all can be planted in HB. That and you can make rows of all 4 you need and simply work your way through (FUN STUFF!)
0 0
WwhitekrowW|2014-12-27 02:30:34
lSushi|2014-12-27 02:06:08

Not necessarily anywhere in the world. I would advise getting a haven bag with garden gems (most efficient). Some herbs can only be planted on certain islands however they all can be planted in HB. That and you can make rows of all 4 you need and simply work your way through (FUN STUFF!)
How much garden gems would you recommend for my HB? I need 4 different types of herbalist materials to make Transmutation 160's, but I'm unsure of how much Garden gems I should get. I also need 64 of each type of material.
0 0
Score : 16221

It takes 8 garden gems to get a full-sized 11x11 square. More will always be helpful, but the remaining space can always be used for crafting & merchant gems.

The most garden gems you can possibly use is 16, since the default merchant gem can't be replaced. Which of these options is more efficient probably depends on what else you want to use your bag for. Having the space for a wood lathe should be a plus.

0 0
Score : 21619

if you got the mining gear, mining, otherwise lumberjack

0 0
BrainInAJar|2014-12-27 04:15:26
How come Lumberjack > Herbalist? ohmy
I'm also concerned with the regrowth speed of the trees/plants. Do trees respawn with wood faster than plants respawn with Herbs?

Edit: I was also thinking about Lumbering, but I'm not sure which would be more effective in a 11x11 cell in my Haven Bag. Trees obstruct the path, making there less trees to be planted, while herbs don't.

Also, Lumbering seems easier to level than Herb, and requires half the materials. I'm so conflicted, can anyone offer some insight on which is better/more efficient?
0 0

I think for growing in the haven bag for the express purpose of making transmuation runes, Herbalist might slightly edge out lumberjack for the reason you said, but the wood from the trees have more uses than most herbs.

It's the same reason I'm making my transmutations with farming. It's an easy skill to level, and the crops have multiple profitable uses. Crops grow slower than trees and herbs though, so those are factors (The World of Twelve is a strange, strange place).

I think you'll have trade-offs with every profession you try.

0 0
Score : 21619
lSushi|2014-12-27 05:37:42
BrainInAJar|2014-12-27 04:15:26
How come Lumberjack > Herbalist? ohmy
I'm also concerned with the regrowth speed of the trees/plants. Do trees respawn with wood faster than plants respawn with Herbs?

Edit: I was also thinking about Lumbering, but I'm not sure which would be more effective in a 11x11 cell in my Haven Bag. Trees obstruct the path, making there less trees to be planted, while herbs don't.

Also, Lumbering seems easier to level than Herb, and requires half the materials. I'm so conflicted, can anyone offer some insight on which is better/more efficient?
lumberjack because wood recipe requires less wood than the herb recipe requires herbs. with a large enough planting area the growth rate doesnt matter.
1 0
Gelgy|2014-12-27 06:26:53
I think for growing in the haven bag for the express purpose of making transmuation runes, Herbalist might slightly edge out lumberjack for the reason you said, but the wood from the trees have more uses than most herbs.

It's the same reason I'm making my transmutations with farming. It's an easy skill to level, and the crops have multiple profitable uses. Crops grow slower than trees and herbs though, so those are factors (The World of Twelve is a strange, strange place).

I think you'll have trade-offs with every profession you try.
Mm I see..

Sorry for bombarding you guys with questions, but I have one more:
For solely making Transmutations in the HB, how would you rank each profession, 1 being the most efficient, and 6 being the least efficient?
0 0
Score : 36820

miner

0 0
lSushi|2014-12-27 06:41:29
Mm I see..

For solely making Transmutations in the HB, how would you rank each profession, 1 being the most efficient, and 6 being the least efficient?
BrainInAJar would know better than me. He says Lumberjack, I believe him.

Based on that, I'd say (for using garden gems) 1: Lumberjack, 2: Herbalist, 3: Farmer. Herbalist only beats Farmer because herbs grow faster, but crops are more useful.

But Miner does produce lots of very useful materials very quickly, with a quicker turnover than any of those three. The only issue with it is you can't pack it around with you, and have to compete with anyone else who wants the same ore.
0 0
Gelgy|2014-12-27 07:14:19
lSushi|2014-12-27 06:41:29
Mm I see..

BrainInAJar would know better than me. He says Lumberjack, I believe him.

Based on that, I'd say (for using garden gems) 1: Lumberjack, 2: Herbalist, 3: Farmer. Herbalist only beats Farmer because herbs grow faster, but crops are more useful.

But Miner does produce lots of very useful materials very quickly, with a quicker turnover than any of those three. The only issue with it is you can't pack it around with you, and have to compete with anyone else who wants the same ore.
Ah okay I see, I'll probably max Lumberjacking then.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone! It was very helpful to hear other people's opinions, and cleared up a ton of questions I had.
0 0
Score : 156

Id say do herb or farm as you can plant more than you can with trees. And do trapper as well. That way they can grow while you are lvling / fighitng and you can grab matts as well along the way and unlike mining theres almost never a shortage of monsters and if there is you can fix it pretty quick. However trapper matts, wont bring in much kama for lving it but any main char its advisable to lvl trapper for planting for fights anyway. For Trans i think its best to have 2 sources for a supply one in the bag and one in the world, herb, farm or lumber = bag, and Trapper, Fish, or Mining = World

0 0

With garden gems you can plant as many trees as you can anything else. Only problem is you can't get cuttings & wood from the same batch, which is the main advantage of herbalist & farmer.

And Farmer pairs nicely with Baker, and bread is always useful.

0 0
Respond to this thread