FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Re: Botters. Fear Fizz untradable Tuesday.

By Agosta - MEMBER - December 07, 2014, 09:43:41
DevTracker
Reactions 158
Score : 7764
If posting a thread asking a question is overreacting then I don't know what sanity is any longer lol. It's very obvious botting. 2-3 users putting up hundreds upon hundreds a day is beyond obvious. If this is acceptable behavior I guess I need to download the script and start farming myself.

2 0
Score : 617

Whoa, I thought OP was talking about bot problem... idk why do you guys arguing about Cheap fear fizz instead. it's out of topic. hmm, is this strawman?

Ankama could just change the way mini game is or just take out the reward and give on other game that cannot be botting.

0 0
Score : 5508
Hydin106|2014-12-07 23:11:19
Whoa, I thought OP was talking about bot problem... idk why do you guys arguing about Cheap fear fizz instead. it's out of topic. hmm, is this strawman?

What the hell are you talking about
0 0

He's talking how people are changing the subject of botters to "LOL YOU HATE CHEAP PP XDDDD"

1 0
Merriden|2014-12-08 00:14:37

What the hell are you talking about

Im asking if we are falling into strawman logic situation.
The link explain it all. it's situation where people arguing about something else.

eg.
X is true
Y is false
person A talking about X. but person B said person A is talking about Y which is false. therefore, person A is false because Y is false. but X was true

In this case.
bot problem is reasonable topic
cheap fear fizz is nonsense topic
OP is talking about bot problem but someone said OP is complaining about cheap fear fizz and it's nonsense to complain about it. So OP end up have to argue over cheap fear fizz. However everyone agree that bot problem have to be talkover.

make sense?
1 0
Score : 5508
Hydin106|2014-12-08 00:50:03
Im asking if we are falling into strawman logic situation.
The link explain it all. it's situation where people arguing about something else.

But that's not what "strawman" means at all.
1 0
Score : 411

hydin just seems to be mistaken

i'd be happy to explain to you why via PMs if you want hydin, just shoot me a message

0 0
picklesaregood|2014-12-08 01:14:10
hydin just seems to be mistaken

i'd be happy to explain to you why via PMs if you want hydin, just shoot me a message
sure smile 
0 0
Score : 4

I reported two botters a few weeks ago. To my surprise, Ankama responded rather quickly, however they told me my screenshot of me trying to chat with them (no response, obviously), and then asking them to join my group (again no response), then them disconnecting exactly 30 minutes later wasn't enough. I was told to get a video of them within a week or they would close the ticket as resolved. A video? Of what? The botters and me just standing there? I did have my time stamp in the chat window on, so you can see the time when I chatted and invited them and when they eventually disconnected. So I'm at the point I just leave an alternate character at the gravedigger game and ask them to join my group. At least this stops them until they either answer or disconnect.

0 0
Score : 36435

im sorry but if someone sent me a group invite and started pming me while im trying to farm a mini game id ignore them to

that doesnt mean they are a bot it just means youre being annoying

0 0
Score : 411

sent, check box and lmk if you agree smile 

0 0
Score : 2838
MiniMikeh|2014-12-08 01:27:08
im sorry but if someone sent me a group invite and started pming me while im trying to farm a mini game id ignore them to

When the invite stops up the character from going in again and they stand there and time out... Seriously, why are you defending botters?
2 0
MiniMikeh|2014-12-08 01:27:08

So a group invite strikes them with fear until they disconnect from inactivity?
0 0
Score : 3087
Muushubee|2014-12-08 01:18:18
I reported two botters a few weeks ago. To my surprise, Ankama responded rather quickly, however they told me my screenshot of me trying to chat with them (no response, obviously), and then asking them to join my group (again no response), then them disconnecting exactly 30 minutes later wasn't enough. I was told to get a video of them within a week or they would close the ticket as resolved. A video? Of what? The botters and me just standing there? I did have my time stamp in the chat window on, so you can see the time when I chatted and invited them and when they eventually disconnected. So I'm at the point I just leave an alternate character at the gravedigger game and ask them to join my group. At least this stops them until they either answer or disconnect.
Since this is a topic about botting there are several ways you can go about reporting them (none of them are easy or desirable):
- When you see a bot, try interacting with them in all chat channels available to you both. Try sending party invitations and trade invitations. If they respond to none of these but continue to interact with objects then you can create gamelogs via the top left button ('Report a Bug') and submit this particular zip file to your ticket. This will not be enough evidence for a ban however.
- Video proof of you conducting all of the above. This will then be reviewed and a decision about whether its viable to warrant a ban is made.
- Contact a moderator via the help thread or Ankabox and ask them to do the above for you.

So with the current system for reporting bots there is a massive issue that stands out to me, and thats putting too much work on the player. This is not an issue a player should have to solve. This is a job that GMs or Moderators need to solve. It should not be up to a player to waste so much of their time taking a video of a botter to submit, wait 2 weeks for action to occur, and then see another 15 when they log back in again. There is a distinct lack of mods and GMs on these INT servers and it means that the players have to do more than they should just to enjoy a fair and happy gaming experience. I'd like to recommend that we use this thread as a catalyst for discussion on how we can improve ways to report bots and other in-game offences, and not think about our-greedy-selves and how much we want to pay for fear fizz. These people are cheating, and its highly likely that the kamas made from these bots go to gold selling websites. Don't encourage this behaviour.
1 0
Score : 24916
Muushubee|2014-12-08 01:18:18
Seriously this is the main problem of Ankama. We don't have a free video recording tool for Wakfu game, like some others MMO's do. I would like to report many bugs i see by simply recording my dungeon runs but i am not gonna pay for some program to report a bug that Ankama should find themself by checking logs of the set time of said character/account. If they are lazy or cant find the issue then they better think about adding this video recording tool to the game.
0 0
The thing that's messed up is that they make the players jump through hoops to report players, but Ankama can get transcripts of these reported players actions. At that point it's easy to tell if they're a bot or not.

0 0
Score : 9076

It would be easy if we could contact a mod in game, but volunteer mods don't have access to tools for looking at scripts and stuff if they had such a thing.

0 0
Score : 21593

Ankama could just change the way mini game is or just take out the reward and give on other game that cannot be botting.
something like a chef craft to fill a certain 15 level hole?
0 0
Score : 200

I've seen those two botters multiple times at the gravedigger game, and at this point I'm certain they're the same person. I did get a video of them, as well as multiple screenshots of the whole, "simple mouse bot gets foiled by group invite and stalls out of game" situation. Got a response that the situation is "being investigated" and ticket closed...

that was over a week ago

Seriously anyone could go to the gravedigger game and see the bot problem there. During the short time I bothered farming them I've seen more than those two, and they're too obvious- any kind of trade or group invite stalls them out until they disconnect. I agree with the captcha idea, that seems simple enough.

Edit: lol they're there as I type this message. :/

0 0
Score : 8723

So you're telling me I can crash their bots anytime I log in by group inviting? Got it. Player justice. I vow to add bots to friends list and crash them every chance I get.

0 0
Respond to this thread