FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Leveling too dependent on trapper?

By Aqualad - MEMBER - September 24, 2014, 02:31:07

In most games, professions are something you do on the side. Something to augment your character with equips and consumables.

In Wakfu, it's pretty much mandatory to level trapper if you want to level efficiently post 50. Even if you party, even if you multi box, you'll need to replant seeds.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem if leveling professions wasn't SUCH A HUGE TIME SINK :p

Does anyone else feel like this, or am I all alone? biggrin 

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 1620

Dont really feel like this but i'd be happy if they implemented a way to get base exp from job exp.

Plant stuff, get exp, kill stuff, more exp, gather stuff from killed mobs, more exp.

Craft a weapon, job and base exp.

You can also run dungeons if you dont like planting.

0 0
Score : 987
CoreSorrow|2014-09-24 02:38:33
But you need to kill mobs to get the keys. Or just make keys from the resources dropped in the dungeons themselves... but oh wait you need to level a job for that too.

I can see the problem with it.
0 0
Score : 24967

It is a way of Ankama to tell you to care about ecosystem and plant monsters after you kill some (or before you kill). If all monsters would respawn by their own, nobody would bother with ecosystem or trapper leveling.

0 0
Score : 2038

Yes that's a good point Kikuihimonj. I don't mind the concept of harvesting and planting seeds, I just think it would be a lot more tolerable if trapper leveled a bit closer with your level. I'm not looking for instant gratification... and I know the craft revamp is coming (soon tm)... I just get so burnt, out having to pluck hundreds of lower level seeds, just to be able to plant what I'd like to be fighting.

0 0
Score : 5186
Kikuihimonji|2014-09-24 02:57:20
It is a way of Ankama to tell you to care about ecosystem and plant monsters after you kill some (or before you kill). If all monsters would respawn by their own, nobody would bother with ecosystem or trapper leveling.
Exactly this, but why wouldn't you do trapper? It's super easy as long as you do it as you level up.

Same with Handyman, with making keys. As you go through each area, make keys and it easily keeps up.

On top of that, once you have a couple keys, each run through a dungeon will generally get you enough mats to make one or two more keys from just yourself and if your party (if you have one) gets more mats, you can make even more keys. Once you start your dungeon running, you generally don't run out of keys quickly, thus not needing to level Trapper, but Handyman instead.

- Kat
0 0
Score : 1620
samrux2|2014-09-24 02:47:13
CoreSorrow|2014-09-24 02:38:33
But you need to kill mobs to get the keys. Or just make keys from the resources dropped in the dungeons themselves... but oh wait you need to level a job for that too.

I can see the problem with it.
I just buy them.
0 0
Score : 11339
Aqualad|2014-09-24 02:31:07
In most games, professions are something you do on the side. Something to augment your character with equips and consumables.

In Wakfu, it's pretty much mandatory to level trapper if you want to level efficiently post 50. Even if you party, even if you multi box, you'll need to replant seeds.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem if leveling professions wasn't SUCH A HUGE TIME SINK :p

Does anyone else feel like this, or am I all alone? biggrin
I have 4 toons at 160 or almost and 2 that I neglect around 140. My level of trapper is 0 across the board. If you want to powerlevel, spam dungeons. Spam them. Over and Over again. Don't fight mobs that you plant.
0 0
Score : 745

Going to have to agree. I find trapper to be one of the most annoying things to lvl too. I have it at a high lvl on my very first toon but didn't lvl it on the rest.

Add some more recipes to the trapper profession at least so people don't have to run around harvesting for hours.

0 0
Score : 18170

Well, that's why you can buy keys for dungeons from the players that DO devote their time and effort into leveling the professions.

Don't want to buy things? Then level the profession.

It's how the in-game market works. Convenience. There is a price for it.

Trapper/Gather Plant/Fight isn't as efficient as dungeons anyway.

0 0
Respond to this thread