FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Obsidian Harness?

By Ayakumi July 22, 2014, 13:29:13

I thought I'd pop in Boutique to see what's new and that's when I saw Obsidian Harness for Petmounts. The item description gives players absolutely no idea as to its true function. Does the thing make shop-purchased mounts run faster? Or is it strictly a cosmetic item? I hope it's not the latter. 2500 Ogrines for a mere cosmetic seems awfully pricey.

Lot of the Boutique shop items' descriptions are utterly useless. Cash-shop items, at least, should provide players with very clear idea of in-game functionality.

0 0
Reply
Reactions 7
Score : 4816

Its cosmetic and doesn't give a bonus, you can get the normal free mount if you only care about the dmg. The ogrine one is mostly for looks and only offers 25% more movement speed in comparison biggrin

obsidian is kinda expensive stuff to get, no wonder its pricey

0 0
Reply
Score : 49

Ankama has hinted that there will be three versions (and not variations) of Petmounts; each with +25%, +50%, and +75% speed bonuses respectively.

For instance,

Version 1: +25% speed bonus
Version 2: +50% speed bonus
Version 3: +75% speed bonus

whereas variations:

Precision: +40% single target damage
Melee: +40% melee damage
Range: +40% ranged damage

So I have a reason to suspect the Obsidian Harness might be more than a mere cosmetic item. But then again, this is Ankama we're dealing with so anything goes...

0 0
Reply
Score : 17

Cosmetic only, expensive, and we can't trade it x')

0 0
Reply
Score : 4816

I personally believe the 70% movement speed is reserved for the ferox, almanax mount.

0 0
Reply
Score : 17

Yup', the 70% movement speed will probably be reserved for relic type mounts.

0 0
Reply
Score : 17410

you have to do the quest to get the 25% one, which will be needed to obtain something you need to equip either the 25% or the 50% one. The Ferox mount likely isn't this patch since there's nothing of it on beta, but its probably 75%.

0 0
Reply
Score : 5167
Ayakumi|2014-07-22 13:40:37
Ankama has hinted that there will be three versions (and not variations) of Petmounts; each with +25%, +50%, and +75% speed bonuses respectively.

For instance,

Version 1: +25% speed bonus
Version 2: +50% speed bonus
Version 3: +75% speed bonus

whereas variations:

Precision: +40% single target damage
Melee: +40% melee damage
Range: +40% ranged damage

So I have a reason to suspect the Obsidian Harness might be more than a mere cosmetic item. But then again, this is Ankama we're dealing with so anything goes...
Forgot one variation:

Destruction: +40% AoE damage

Version 1's speed is from the free Dragoturkey from the quest.

Version 2's speed is from the cash shops Drago-Steed.

Version 3's speed isn't in the game yet and as everyone before is saying, will most likely be for the mount (Ferox most likely) traded for the Meridia's Insignia (almanax relic).

Drago-Steeds are not tradable. So we won't be seeing any on the market and the Obsidian Harness that is sold in the cash shop as well is only equipable on Drago-Steeds and is also not tradable. So if you want either, you have to buy them yourself.

- Kat
0 0
Reply
Respond to this thread