FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Some old things about gemlins :)

By Celay01 April 20, 2014, 21:37:20

For remind some people they are our friends since beginning of game.

Also Ankama you insist about many wrong things but stop it and give gemlins some bonuses!
6 0
Reactions 13
Score : 1512

It would be really darn cute to see that return with the new pet UI.

I used to absolutely adore the sense and drive of/for completion of secrets and achievements to earn Gemlin parts/bonuses.

Plus, showing off a high Wakfu % instead of Stasis felt like a legit thing. Gave up on that a few seasons ago. >.o;...

0 0
Score : 6244

oh god, i want these gemlins back

0 0
Score : 19183

I want those Gemlins back! I miss the congratuations they give on reaching each new level! Or reaching new areas! Or beating a hard boss! So much fun.

0 0
Score : 6750
TommyTrouble|2014-04-21 02:12:24
I want those Gemlins back! I miss the congratuations they give on reaching each new level! Or reaching new areas! Or beating a hard boss! So much fun.
^This!

-waterRizarealmfire 
0 0
Score : 100

There were so many good features done away with. I loved the old Gemlins sad 

0 0
Score : 1870

I miss them a ton!
They make such cute faces

(the eni's not gonna be upstaged in the face department)

And he cries when you get hit by too many gobballs in the face.

Such sweet little blobs
0 0
Score : 4983

I woder why changed pet system so much, if they wanted money, they could sell gemlin gems instead of new pets...

0 0
Score : 12954
Celay01|2014-04-23 12:09:22
I woder why changed pet system so much, if they wanted money, they could sell gemlin gems instead of new pets...
agree..
I think the problem was they wanted to copy dofus (like alwayshappy 
0 0
Score : 8511

Here's to being reminded by Celay about his lovely Gemlins. Made me wish I had the chance to experience taking care of a beta version of the Gemlin. happy 

0 0
Score : 25035

The gemlin was awsome and those gemliseeds were great addition to customize your own pet with your own bonuses as you want them to be.

However in order to make players have different pets not just gemlin with different look, they had to take an action and do something that would make other pets worth getting instead of the gemlin that was so awsome.

And the easiest way to do it was to nerf gemlin to the point where it became useless, make it no longer guaranteed pet and erase the data that made gemlin change color with our wakfu or stasis %.

Take note Ankama: the easiest way is not always the best way.

Wouldn't it be better if different pets would simply have different bonus then gemlin by default and also the ability to equip gemliseeds (or something else with bonuses or gemliseeds renamed to petseeds perhaps?) and wouldn't it be better to make our pets "shine" or "sparkle" or "get an aura" with colour of our wakfu or stasis %?

Why couldn't you keep the old system of gemlin and add new pets adapted to it instead?

p.s. Thank you for posting those screenshots i didn't made screenshots of gemliseeds myself back then so i am happy that someone was able to still show what we have lost.

I was after achievements just to get all possible shapes of gemlin! I even remember that i had to kill 1000 wodents in incarnam to get him one face and that we had to use cannons a lot to get him another one. Man those were good and rewarding quests... i miss them. And i miss gemlin's crying when i get KO'ed too. T_T

1 0

Ah yes, i remember how i fought with wodents for hours, good old days... sleep 

0 0
Score : 6750

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't there a guru in Incarnum who taught you how to mint kamas?

-waterRizarealmfire 

0 0
SeriousBelly|2014-04-25 22:48:17
Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't there a guru in Incarnum who taught you how to mint kamas?

-waterRizarealmfire
He is living in Astrub now. Ankama even care him but dont care gemlins...
0 0
Respond to this thread