FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What i would give for this.. what happend

By JuStpLaiNtalENt February 16, 2014, 19:58:50
Click here

I Would kill to play a game with these graphics, ARTSTYLE, story line, and hopes.. The idea of this was beautiful... Reality, she can be so cruel

Oh hopeful i was..
0 -1
Reactions 17
Score : 78

In the end they decided to leave all awesome stuff beside and just make the Game a korean-styled grind fest smile 

0 -1
Score : 634

I wonder how a game with an isometric view would play if it borrowed the combat mechanics of games like Tera.

0 0
Score : 3678
JuStpLaiNtalENt|2014-02-16 19:58:50
I Would kill to play a game with these graphics, ARTSTYLE, story line, and hopes..
But you realize that the storyline didn't change right
0 0
Score : 1150

You. Made me sad.

0 0
Score : 115

that looks like such an amazing game. Was that combat real time and not turn based? I was going to start working on a turned based game like wakfu but i think someone needs to make a game like that old version of wakfu. How the heck would you even go about doing that? Wonder if it got to complicated and thats why they scrapped it.

0 0

It's probably got the same reasoning behind it as Al Howin or Alkatrool: They didn't like it.

0 0
Score : 8040
Dan1e7|2014-02-16 20:39:18
In the end they decided to leave all awesome stuff beside and just make the Game a korean-styled grind fest smile
You clearly have never played a kmmo.
0 0
Score : 9259

You know it's just a trailer, right? The combat in the trailer wasn't even real. And all the rest is in the game, except the graphics, which is much better now.

0 0
Score : 2940
Major-Caligari|2014-02-16 20:51:03
I Would kill to play a game with these graphics, ARTSTYLE, story line, and hopes..
I realize they have added nothing to keep it going
0 0
Rokugatsu|2014-02-16 21:16:04
You know it's just a trailer, right? The combat in the trailer wasn't even real. And all the rest is in the game, except the graphics, which is much better now.
That's your opinion, but I love those graphics!
0 0
Score : 3678
JuStpLaiNtalENt|2014-02-16 21:16:11
Major-Caligari|2014-02-16 20:51:03
I realize they have added nothing to keep it going
But you did the main quests on Whsiperer Island, or Frigost, or whatever, right? You've noticed that there are tons of background books obtainable ingame? Storyline is alive. If you're too busy with ranting about everything to notice or dismiss it if it doesn't offer you an opportunity to show Muh OP Damagez, it's not my fault.
0 0
Score : 2479

In terms of art the game doesn't look that much different from those scenes in the trailer. Many of the tiles are clearly recognizable exactly as they are in that video, though some have matured and improved. The characters look way better now than they do in that video, that's for sure. I don't know what you are complaining about because modern day Wakfu is just as beautiful as that video, and even more beautiful in fact. Maybe you just have the detail turned way down because of your computer?

The combat in the trailer is obviously a dramatization. Ankama was never going to make Wakfu a real time combat game, it was always going to be a turn based strategy game like its predecessor Dofus. Real time combat sucks, its pretty much just button mashing in a specific patter, over and over again, but the turn based combat with challenges is incredible, and unmatched by any other modern game. That turn based combat niche is how Ankama stays in business, meeting the needs of tens of thousands of gamers who can't find a decent alternate anywhere else.

In terms of storyline I agree that I'd like to see a more organized way to discover the storyline. The way I see it once the new Wakfu anime comes out that will be nice to learn more of the storyline, but right now it is very hard to discover any of the game lore.

What I've suggested many times for both Wakfu and Dofus is that the devs should create a "lore book". Completing dungeons, fights, discovering new places, and NPC's, etc would add pages to your lore book, which you could then consult and read the backstory of the world.

they decided to leave all awesome stuff beside and just make the Game a korean-styled grind fest

Well most of the Ankama fan base loves the Korean style grind. That's why we are playing a slow, turn based game. I'd much rather play a game that I can enjoy levelling up slowly and getting new equipment over a couple years than a game that I'm done with in six months because I've fought everything, and got all the best equipment.
1 0
Score : 78
IYesWayI|2014-02-16 21:03:59
Dan1e7|2014-02-16 20:39:18
You clearly have never played a kmmo.
I played Dofus and Wakfu rolleyes 
0 0
Score : 9008

Hahaha, I played this version. It was completely unoptimised, but it had a wicked soundtrack that I'll never forget. (They scrapped it completely for being too big/not humble enough, unfortunately.)

0 0
Score : 13924
Mishna|2014-02-16 21:33:02
meeting the needs of tens of thousands of gamers who can't find a decent alternate anywhere else.

This is why i play^. Wakfu is the best game for it's genre.
0 0
Score : 4960

I prefer new graphics too biggrin 

0 0
Score : 9076

I played v2 and the combat wasn't like that. They didn't have those emote animations either. I miss running around in my underwear though. XD

0 0
Respond to this thread