Ankama Trackers

Cheating by alt voting

By Asthis January 31, 2014, 21:16:58
Reactions 100
Score : 2947
xCATZILAx|2014-02-04 23:33:43
FinroyThePuppeteer|2014-02-04 17:25:45
xCATZILAx|2014-02-04 14:06:57
Alt-voting should ABSOLUTELY be legal. If you pay extra money subbing alt accounts you should have the same rights om those accounts as your main. THAT INCLUDES VOTING.
Begone, vermin.
We here talk about how to make things more possible for everyone, not how to make moneybags rule everyone.

Insulting anyone with a different point of view is not going to get you anywhere in life buddy. We are arguing a point. Two or more subbed accounts should get the same rights regardless of who the owner is. That's the bottom line 'cause Skully said so.
skulllito are u a wizzzzzard =3

but yes, i support the ideals of those who pay more getting the same, not less. deal with it.
0 0
Score : 5288
Alt-voting should ABSOLUTELY be legal. If you pay extra money subbing alt accounts you should have the same rights om those accounts as your main. THAT INCLUDES VOTING.
Begone, vermin.
We here talk about how to make things more possible for everyone, not how to make moneybags rule everyone.

Insulting anyone with a different point of view is not going to get you anywhere in life buddy. We are arguing a point. Two or more subbed accounts should get the same rights regardless of who the owner is. That's the bottom line 'cause Skully said so.
I agree that everyone is entitled to their own point of view. Skull is too, & if people disagree, they still have to respect it.

I will try to explain why I don't like your idea again, but without being rude. I think that since you are an individual person, & everyone else including players that do not multi-box are individual people that both should have an equal weight on their point of views.

I also believe that our decision should be chosen by a majority, and not unanimous. I feel nothing will ever be accomplished if it were required to be unanimous.
0 0
Score : 3117
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-04 23:45:20
Begone, vermin.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their own point of view. Skull is too, & if people disagree, they still have to respect it.

I will try to explain why I don't like your idea again, but without being rude. I think that since you are an individual person, & everyone else including players that do not multi-box are individual people that both should have an equal weight on their point of views.

I also believe that our decision should be chosen by a majority, and not unanimous. I feel nothing will ever be accomplished if it were required to be unanimous.

This.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Catzila:
I also don't like your idea, and I will try to explain why with an example.
Say we are on Remington, and this server has only 5 players. 4 of them has only 1 account, and 1 of them has 6 accounts but all the other players are unaware of this fact.

Lets call these players
Player A = has only 1 account
Player B = has only 1 account
Player C = has only 1 account
Player D = has only 1 account
Player E = has 6 accounts

Well, Player B and E are both running for Government. But ofcourse in the end Player E wins the election with 6 votes and Player B only gets 1 vote. Now player E has won the election because he has 6 accounts so he voted on himself on all his accounts + some votes from other player(s).

In the end this Player E doesn't do anything, he is barely online, so he ends up being the most horrific governor ever. After a month Player B and E goes for another election but with the same result Player E wins the election. This can go on and on.

If you have more than 1 account it does not make them all an individual. You are who you are, there is only 1 of you in the entire world not 2 or 4 or 10 or 20 etc etc. You are still 1 individual whether with 20 accounts or not. And Ankama threats you as 20 individuals ofcourse they do, because they earn more money, but this does not make you 20 different personalities, that's ridiculous.

This is the reason why elections go unfair, and in my opinion it's very wrong.
0 0
Score : 11358
Karakedi|2014-02-05 01:25:34
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-04 23:45:20
Begone, vermin.

This.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Catzila:
I also don't like your idea, and I will try to explain why with an example.
Say we are on Remington, and this server has only 5 players. 4 of them has only 1 account, and 1 of them has 6 accounts but all the other players are unaware of this fact.

Lets call these players
Player A = has only 1 account
Player B = has only 1 account
Player C = has only 1 account
Player D = has only 1 account
Player E = has 6 accounts

Well, Player B and E are both running for Government. But ofcourse in the end Player E wins the election with 6 votes and Player B only gets 1 vote. Now player E has won the election because he has 6 accounts so he voted on himself on all his accounts + some votes from other player(s).

In the end this Player E doesn't do anything, he is barely online, so he ends up being the most horrific governor ever. After a month Player B and E goes for another election but with the same result Player E wins the election. This can go on and on.

If you have more than 1 account it does not make them all an individual. You are who you are, there is only 1 of you in the entire world not 2 or 4 or 10 or 20 etc etc. You are still 1 individual whether with 20 accounts or not. And Ankama threats you as 20 individuals ofcourse they do, because they earn more money, but this does not make you 20 different personalities, that's ridiculous.

This is the reason why elections go unfair, and in my opinion it's very wrong.
I think it is very reasonable and fair. You might not like it, and I see how it could be seen as unfair but life isn't fair. If you go to the movie theater and buy 30 seats but just sit on 2 the rest of the people are not going to like it but, they are your seats, you paid for them.

It is what it is. Money makes the world go round and round.
0 -3
Score : 194

skully you may be right, but their must be a way to make it alot more fair

0 0

I agree. I think everyone deserves an equal point of view. Skull made his point though. We can keep it into consideration, & see how it goes. Maybe everyone will vote in favor of his opinion, maybe they won't.

0 0
Score : 13934

Put a system in game that, with 100% accuracy, can tell what real life person owns each account and then we can have this discussion. Until that happens you're going to prevent legitimate players from voting and taking part in other activities.

Limiting one vote per account already punishes the family that shares an account. Or friends that share. I think it's a good compromise.

0 0
Score : 7907

I think one vote per account is fair

How I see it is,
Player one. Heavy alt voter - likely to have their 6 accounts all with 5 characters that can vote. potentially more.
Player two. 'Average' player - might have 2 accounts, with 3 sort of leveled / viable voters in total. Again, potentially more.

Change the system to 1 vote per account and I there appears to be more of a balance. Player one can get 6 votes out, and player two can get two. A much nicer ratio than 30 to 3.
Also means we can get extra character slots added to the store without fear!

0 0
Score : 3117
I think it is very reasonable and fair. You might not like it, and I see how it could be seen as unfair but life isn't fair. If you go to the movie theater and buy 30 seats but just sit on 2 the rest of the people are not going to like it but, they are your seats, you paid for them.

You admid here that life isn't fair, you also say that money talks. But within these centences you also admid that it isn't fair alltogether so what does that make you?

Life is not about "Money talks"!! Life is about knowing your rights!! Most people don't know their rights so they allow other people run over them. But the more unfair things going on in the world, more people are awakening lately and searching their rights, and go against whatever unfairness is done to them.

Money no longer talks. Money won't be talking when more people leave this game if Ankama continues like this. You have seen it, and if you stick to the end you will see more of it. Things need to change or nobody can save this game, not even French community...
0 0
Score : 194

still not a damn mod who'd say "we've heard your concern and will forward this to the dev team" :wacko: 

0 0
Score : 11358
Gynrei|2014-02-05 07:58:58
Put a system in game that, with 100% accuracy, can tell what real life person owns each account and then we can have this discussion. Until that happens you're going to prevent legitimate players from voting and taking part in other activities.

Limiting one vote per account already punishes the family that shares an account. Or friends that share. I think it's a good compromise.
They don't have the money or the time to look into this.
0 0
Score : 26

I see nothing wrong with the system either. If you want to be Governor talk to the other people and get it done. if your social and get a large enough group of wakfuians, and guilds with you you should have no trouble getting more votes then the alt voter. Also better a governor who does nothing then one who actively tries to spite your nation.

0 0
Score : 1035
mapleshifterv2|2014-02-05 13:32:34
still not a damn mod who'd say "we've heard your concern and will forward this to the dev team" :wacko:
Hey!

We didn't say it because we don't have direct contact with the Devs, only with Sabi which is already aware of this threat. She is just waiting for some Dev respond about it.

O Respeitador 
0 0
Score : 13934
Karakedi|2014-02-05 13:22:15

You admid here that life isn't fair, you also say that money talks. But within these centences you also admid that it isn't fair alltogether so what does that make you?

Life is not about "Money talks"!! Life is about knowing your rights!! Most people don't know their rights so they allow other people run over them. But the more unfair things going on in the world, more people are awakening lately and searching their rights, and go against whatever unfairness is done to them.

Money no longer talks. Money won't be talking when more people leave this game if Ankama continues like this. You have seen it, and if you stick to the end you will see more of it. Things need to change or nobody can save this game, not even French community...

Comparing this situation to real life is difficult.

The problem i see is Ankama can't reliably restrict players with multiple accounts to only one vote. Because regardless what everyone else says, i have not heard a method to determine who owns what account with 100% accuracy. This means we will ban legitimate players from voting. Each paying customer (different player) will have their own account but not necessarily their own IP or whatever.

I look at this issue like our justice system.

Do we send a few innocent people to jail for life just to stop a few criminals? We should protect their rights first and deal with the alt voters as best we can. Even with our suggested one vote per account we are punishing a few people, but i feel this is a good compromise. Because sharing an account means you're only paying one subscription fee and getting only vote for that seems fair.
1 0
Score : 9378
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-05 04:24:12
I agree. I think everyone deserves an equal point of view. Skull made his point though. We can keep it into consideration, & see how it goes. Maybe everyone will vote in favor of his opinion, maybe they won't.

When we do vote, can I use my alt accounts?
0 0
Hudski|2014-02-05 16:52:36
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-05 04:24:12

When we do vote, can I use my alt accounts?
Hehehe... I seen that one coming.
0 0
Score : 914
Christian-CAO|2014-02-04 18:15:24
DJXsystem|2014-02-04 16:07:33
You dream of trading places, I have been changing faces
You cannot fill these shoes, there is too much to lose
Wake up behind these trenches, you run around defenceless
There is too much to lose, You cannot fill these shoes

I agree with this sort of I will avoid alt votes unless ppl try to steal whats mine. then I'll do whatever it takes. there's no rule written that says alt votes are a crime at all. there's also nothing written that says the government is a merry go round for everyone and anyone. that's illogical and inefficient. u dont see ANYONE AND EVERYONE running government in real life. you don't see some unknown guy become ruler of a nation irl just to "give them a chance" because that concept is ridiculous. if u have a gov that works hard and always puts their nation first who cares how many terms they have? in fact if u have a good gov that works hard you owe them your loyalty! the problem isn't the ppl that keep running and winning. we're doing what we're supposed to do. the problem is little jelly bellies wanting things that others have worked for and earned

That's poppycock and you know it. biggrin

Posturing aside, you prove exactly why Alt voting is necessary and above all the only option people have in an election.

I will avoid alt votes unless ppl try to steal whats mine
"what's mine"... rolleyes trolling aside you've worked hard for your position, no one can take that away from you. The efforts you put out, maybe the first or second or third time you ran for governor are noted... but honestly, how many other times did you really need to work for anything in terms of being voted in after it has been established that you are a "good" governor from past terms?
nothing written that says the government is a merry go round for everyone and anyone. that's illogical and inefficient
You are correct. Nothing is written anywhere at all that says that any player can delve into the reigns as governor... except maybe that list of game features called politics... it's a game feature. Meaning that yes. Everyone and anyone can in fact run for governor. It is not illogical and it is not inefficient. With proper casting and training from past governors, anybody can be governor. By simply joining a governors cabinet a player can learn the tricks of the trade and eventually "qualify" to become governor. However, there was at one point and time, always that first "nobody" who became the first governor and then raised (or lowered) the bar and set examples of the do's and don'ts of being in "charge".

u dont see ANYONE AND EVERYONE running government in real life. you don't see some unknown guy become ruler of a nation irl just to "give them a chance" because that concept is ridiculous.

huh This is a game... moving on. I mean you're correct. You need to "qualify" for the position and all but honestly... you always wonder how some people in real life even make it into office...

if u have a gov that works hard and always puts their nation first who cares how many terms they have? in fact if u have a good gov that works hard you owe them your loyalty!

No one is arguing that at all. However, you have to understand something. Just because you've been governor and have been doing a great job at it... doesn't mean you are entitled to always be governor. Shocking, I know, but honestly it's true. No body "owes" you or any governor anything. Whether or not anyone can or cannot do the job at the same level can never be tested because the position is being monopolized by the same individuals time and time again. With a small population this can be "fine". However, if this game were to pick up a large population you'd be getting more complaints than anything about one person seizing the throne every election.

the problem isn't the ppl that keep running and winning. we're doing what we're supposed to do. the problem is little jelly bellies wanting things that others have worked for and earned

The problem is that people keep running and winning. There is a level of "professionalism" expected from a government. If people know who does a great job that individual will be voted in.... Every time.

Every single election there are at least three faces. The person who will win and the two people who wasted kama and time running against them.

Once you've become a "popular" governor you've won already. There is no competition for the throne. Most people don't even consider politics a functional part of the game. This problem with alt voting and this monopolization of the title along with the limited impact politics play in the game in general are why the vast majority don't even bother with this part of the game.

So you won a glorified popularity contest, yippy skippy. Not to make light of the "accomplishment" but what did you "work" for to earn that spot? After your first few initial terms of working "hard", how many times have you had to actually "work" for a vote? Everyone knows you're a great governor, so your position is safe and set in stone till you quit or die.... or if you go Nero on whatever nation you are in charge of and burn it to the ground while playing a viola.

Of course alternatively some Jelly Belly, as you put it, could swoop in and alt vote stairs of heavens your dominant stranglehold on the throne.

Looking back my post comes of as pretty disrespectful and condescending. I apologize for that. You as an individual poured time into a part of the game that not many other people even bother to delve into and have earned your place through that determination.

I just don't like the fact that everyone is supposed to be able to enjoy this part of the game if they so choose to do so, but it is set in place for only a few individuals.
you are entitled to your opinion but remember its just that. an opinion its not any more valid or "right" then mine. the facts even lean more on my side. as long as I am a good gov and work for the greater good of Brakmar I have EVERY RIGHT to be gov as I want. thats my opinion about the matter. and I will stand by it fighting
0 0

Believe it or not, the thread isn't about you, or anyone else. Let's try to come up with a solution that people want.

0 0
Score : 4306
MODO-Respeitador|2014-02-05 15:03:19
mapleshifterv2|2014-02-05 13:32:34
Hey!

We didn't say it because we don't have direct contact with the Devs, only with Sabi which is already aware of this threat. She is just waiting for some Dev respond about it.

O Respeitador
Oh...how nice to know that we are being watched, but are not enough important to be answered to. Oh, wait... that's basically how all this thing works, I forgot.
Returning to topic, I think there is nothing much to talk about, except starting a flamewar and feeding trolls. Except Devs or Mods should answer something more or less productive on the case, I don't think there is something else to add here.
0 0
[Text Removed - Atdose]

I believe that everyone wants someone that knows what they're doing as their governor. I also believe that that does not mean one individual should be the only governor. I think that the job itself as governor is simple & because of that, anyone can be just as good of a governor as anyone else.
0 0