By Asthis January 31, 2014, 21:16:58
Reactions 100
Score : 36880

Make it so you can't be governor consecutively

problem solved

1 0
Score : 5288
Karakedi|2014-02-03 20:03:14
@Raven: You forget that some people log in all their account everyday, so getting a 10 wouldn't be diffucult for them for all their accounts. I for one know a few people who log in at least 6 accounts a day and do dungeon runs all day long. Those people like to play alone with their multi accounts.
So keeping those accounts logged in for hours a day is not that difficult for those people, that's the reason why they have so many accounts and have no problem to manage them in the first place.

That is true. The thing there is if we had 1 per acct regardless if they are logged in or not for say 10 votes, then it would be worth the same to them as if the time spent online rule wasn't in play at all.

one solo player: 1 vote
six multi-box: 6 votes

With the time spent rule it just multiplies the maximum vote, but with a twist where they have to be active:

one solo player: 10 votes (max)
six multi-box: 60 votes (max)

The thing here is that some multi-boxers do not keep 6 online at all times, or even if they do keep 6 logged, it may not be the same 6 at all times. Most solo players obviously stay on their main character all day anyways. This means they are practically guaranteed 10 votes. The multi-boxers would get less unless they keep the same 6 logged in all day without swapping any out.

This would obviously make multi-boxers very mad, but lets face it. This would not nerf them in any way! And the one's that would get mad, would be the ones that want to alt-vote anyways.

MiniMikeh|2014-02-03 20:09:36
Make it so you can't be governor consecutively

problem solved
People can easily swap out alts though. That's the only big issue with that idea. They can take turns on their different accounts and still keep their status.

They could make it so that a specific IP cannot be governor consecutively, but regardless of how people think on terms of how easy or hard it is to change your ip, it is still possible. Players could & would find a way to do so, if they really wanted to keep their position.

aquabeauty|2014-02-03 07:57:52
Asthis|2014-02-03 07:51:58
There are certain people who buy other peoples accounts and I don't think you have to be subbed to vote. You just need CP. They could buy dozens of accounts from people and use them all to alt-vote themselves in. We think this may have been the case with the last election, if only to get the previous governor with consecutive wins off the throne.
SOLVED Thats ankama's fault again! It is something they need to fix.

Adding this to the list:

7. Must be subscribed to vote. You shouldn't even need cp. Grinding for no reason, yet again and this time for a system that does not even work.
You currently cannot vote unless you are subscribed. Even if you meet the requirements, Jonk will treat you as if you do not belong to a nation unless you are subscribed.
0 0
Score : 9082

If you have to sub to vote, people can just sub for a week and alt-vote like that. Seems like a of trouble just to get a crown.

0 0

What We Want:
1) To stop alts from abusing. (Same account)
2) To stop multi-boxers from abusing.
3) A possible X amount of times a character can be voted in. (In a certain period of time)

1. To stop alts from being abused.
I think that we already have an idea. One character per account, & per nation. Someone else brought up IPs. I changed my mind. I think if we added this it could help prevent multi-boxers. It wouldn't hurt anything. Since some players have roomates & family that also play on the IP... I'd kinda like a cap on how many votes you can use per IP. I think 1 is obviously to little, and 6 would be too much. Does 3 sound okay? That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

2. To stop multi-boxers from abusing.
Since multiple players may use the same IP, we would still need something to stop multi-boxers. Even if it's just 3 possible votes per IP. Some players don't have 3 accounts subbed to keep up with multi-boxers, so we could use another rule as well. I have had an idea and I'd like to now show everyone my full details/restrictions:

Proposed Rules of Voting:
- You must be subscribed.
- You must be a member of the nation that you're voting in.
- Level 25 is required, as well as 100cp.
- Only one character can vote on a single account.
- Only three characters can vote each election per IP address.
- Character's votes now have a weight to them.

The last rule needs to be explained. Two different options have been brought up. Daily quests that when finished give a character a voting token. Maximum tokens is 10, & they expire every 2 weeks preventing someone from misusing the system. These tokens would then be used to vote, and could be split between different candidates, or all of them used on one candidate.

The second is simple & could use tokens as well so that everyone can split their votes if they please. For every X amount of hours spent active online, a character receives a voting token. This is geared to benefit the players that are actually active more. Players that are not that active might want to vote, & that's completely fine, but since they don't experience the governments actions as much as the more active players, they could play a big role in making the more active player's weeks hell from a possible troll governor.

3. A possible X amount of times a character can be governor in an X amount of time.
This is in my opinion, a more touchy subject. I believe the rules above are pretty solid. If the people get tired of a governor, I think they could easily vote someone else in. It was mentioned before, & multiple players also liked the idea, so we may as well think of something and discuss it. Here's my idea:

Proposed Rules of Candidacy:
-One character per account can only be governor once every 2 months.
-Only three characters can be governor per IP address every 2 months.

This means if someone is popular & gets past the rules of voting, then they can still be governor 3 out of the 4 times every 2 months. Every nation would be guaranteed a different face sometime every 2 months so that someone different can have a chance in office.

We nearly have 1000 views now. Please tell me what you guys think. Thank you.

0 0
Score : 8763

It is staggering to me how much most of you don't understand how

A: Difficult and
B: Ineffective blocking by IP is

As someone who works professionally in IT, I can tell you the ONLY thing this would accomplish is preventing legitimate users. Think 'Electronic Arts' DRM quality bad. Just do some research on proxying. Hell someone hardcore enough could just roll his laptop to a Starbux or pretty much any restaurant or coffee shop in the nation and bam. IP block ignored. This idea is a waste of the developers time.

The only legitimate way to limit guild hogging of office is to limit the number of consecutive terms a GUILD can have. Even with that I can already imagine abuses (Vote in guildless, join guild after election, you'd literally have to limit the character by how recently it was in a guild which is a lot of effing work.) This STILL will not stop abuse from 'friendly' guilds who pass back and fourth. Hopefully, once alliances are done we'll have the ability to limit consecutive ALLIANCE terms in office, which again is still subject to heavy abuse.

I think each account should have ONE VOTE. Not 'per nation per account'. I'm glad you love Bonta AND Brakmar but that's just lame. You picked a nation for a reason and it shouldn't have been just cuz it has a fire or an air bonus. That would make each vote truly important and drive people back towards nation loyalty.

Let's be real, except for the most hardcore of hardcore most people just roll nations for the bonuses these days.

Unsubbed voting is/was done from Boss Owl as far as I understood, unless it was changed.

I do not in any way agree with raising the CP to vote. It literally just increases the gap between legitimate people and the people who will do anything to win.

There is not much that can be done until the government is revamped to a point that the server actually cares about it, because right now the only people I see interested are the old faces and the disciples of old faces. I don't want to be rude, but stagnation isn't good for anyone or anything.

(androgyous @ 2014-02-03 08:10:57)I feel the problem with heavy alt voters is that they often do a terrible job. This is because no one wants them as Gov, so they do not really have much guidance on how to be a decent ruler or what to even do as Gov. For example it has been a few days and there are more empty spots in cabinet than filled spots. Which to me raises a flag for concern.

Honestly, I do not see a single difference from this term and the term before it other than there are a few less hats in the nation and there are some fights going on because some people are unhappy (which I find interesting, actually). Nation bonuses are still in tact, no weather is being changed, there is no government organization for the people via the governor's/government's message, no proxy wars for Soldier status, nothing interesting planned OR going on whatsoever. So yeah... if you think the new gov. is doing so bad I don't know how you can dream of supporting the old gov. Just stop and think about it for a minute. As someone who was around for the terms of Kee, Codger and even Hooks you should know the difference between then and now.

I'm happy to see some new faces at least trying because the old ones weren't doing anything.
1 0
Score : 11358

Alt-voting should ABSOLUTELY be legal. If you pay extra money subbing alt accounts you should have the same rights om those accounts as your main. THAT INCLUDES VOTING.

0 -3
Score : 9082

There's no way to stop people from voting on each account but at least make it so you can only do it once per account per nation. If somebody reeeeeally wants to win by alt-voting they'd have to sub enough accounts with one vote each.

0 0
Score : 914

You dream of trading places, I have been changing faces
You cannot fill these shoes, there is too much to lose
Wake up behind these trenches, you run around defenceless
There is too much to lose, You cannot fill these shoes

xCATZILAx|2014-02-04 14:06:57
Alt-voting should ABSOLUTELY be legal. If you pay extra money subbing alt accounts you should have the same rights om those accounts as your main. THAT INCLUDES VOTING.
I agree with this sort of I will avoid alt votes unless ppl try to steal whats mine. then I'll do whatever it takes. there's no rule written that says alt votes are a crime at all. there's also nothing written that says the government is a merry go round for everyone and anyone. that's illogical and inefficient. u dont see ANYONE AND EVERYONE running government in real life. you don't see some unknown guy become ruler of a nation irl just to "give them a chance" because that concept is ridiculous. if u have a gov that works hard and always puts their nation first who cares how many terms they have? in fact if u have a good gov that works hard you owe them your loyalty! the problem isn't the ppl that keep running and winning. we're doing what we're supposed to do. the problem is little jelly bellies wanting things that others have worked for and earned
0 0
Score : 4306
Begone, vermin.
We here talk about how to make things more possible for everyone, not how to make moneybags rule everyone.
0 0
Score : -61

Bunch of whine...

Thats not cheating - thats democraty =D

0 0
Score : 4393
DJXsystem|2014-02-04 16:07:33
You dream of trading places, I have been changing faces
You cannot fill these shoes, there is too much to lose
Wake up behind these trenches, you run around defenceless
There is too much to lose, You cannot fill these shoes

I agree with this sort of I will avoid alt votes unless ppl try to steal whats mine. then I'll do whatever it takes. there's no rule written that says alt votes are a crime at all. there's also nothing written that says the government is a merry go round for everyone and anyone. that's illogical and inefficient. u dont see ANYONE AND EVERYONE running government in real life. you don't see some unknown guy become ruler of a nation irl just to "give them a chance" because that concept is ridiculous. if u have a gov that works hard and always puts their nation first who cares how many terms they have? in fact if u have a good gov that works hard you owe them your loyalty! the problem isn't the ppl that keep running and winning. we're doing what we're supposed to do. the problem is little jelly bellies wanting things that others have worked for and earned

That's poppycock and you know it. biggrin

Posturing aside, you prove exactly why Alt voting is necessary and above all the only option people have in an election.

I will avoid alt votes unless ppl try to steal whats mine
"what's mine"... rolleyes trolling aside you've worked hard for your position, no one can take that away from you. The efforts you put out, maybe the first or second or third time you ran for governor are noted... but honestly, how many other times did you really need to work for anything in terms of being voted in after it has been established that you are a "good" governor from past terms?
nothing written that says the government is a merry go round for everyone and anyone. that's illogical and inefficient
You are correct. Nothing is written anywhere at all that says that any player can delve into the reigns as governor... except maybe that list of game features called politics... it's a game feature. Meaning that yes. Everyone and anyone can in fact run for governor. It is not illogical and it is not inefficient. With proper casting and training from past governors, anybody can be governor. By simply joining a governors cabinet a player can learn the tricks of the trade and eventually "qualify" to become governor. However, there was at one point and time, always that first "nobody" who became the first governor and then raised (or lowered) the bar and set examples of the do's and don'ts of being in "charge".

u dont see ANYONE AND EVERYONE running government in real life. you don't see some unknown guy become ruler of a nation irl just to "give them a chance" because that concept is ridiculous.

huh This is a game... moving on. I mean you're correct. You need to "qualify" for the position and all but honestly... you always wonder how some people in real life even make it into office...

if u have a gov that works hard and always puts their nation first who cares how many terms they have? in fact if u have a good gov that works hard you owe them your loyalty!

No one is arguing that at all. However, you have to understand something. Just because you've been governor and have been doing a great job at it... doesn't mean you are entitled to always be governor. Shocking, I know, but honestly it's true. No body "owes" you or any governor anything. Whether or not anyone can or cannot do the job at the same level can never be tested because the position is being monopolized by the same individuals time and time again. With a small population this can be "fine". However, if this game were to pick up a large population you'd be getting more complaints than anything about one person seizing the throne every election.

the problem isn't the ppl that keep running and winning. we're doing what we're supposed to do. the problem is little jelly bellies wanting things that others have worked for and earned

The problem is that people keep running and winning. There is a level of "professionalism" expected from a government. If people know who does a great job that individual will be voted in.... Every time.

Every single election there are at least three faces. The person who will win and the two people who wasted kama and time running against them.

Once you've become a "popular" governor you've won already. There is no competition for the throne. Most people don't even consider politics a functional part of the game. This problem with alt voting and this monopolization of the title along with the limited impact politics play in the game in general are why the vast majority don't even bother with this part of the game.

So you won a glorified popularity contest, yippy skippy. Not to make light of the "accomplishment" but what did you "work" for to earn that spot? After your first few initial terms of working "hard", how many times have you had to actually "work" for a vote? Everyone knows you're a great governor, so your position is safe and set in stone till you quit or die.... or if you go Nero on whatever nation you are in charge of and burn it to the ground while playing a viola.

Of course alternatively some Jelly Belly, as you put it, could swoop in and alt vote stairs of heavens your dominant stranglehold on the throne.

Looking back my post comes of as pretty disrespectful and condescending. I apologize for that. You as an individual poured time into a part of the game that not many other people even bother to delve into and have earned your place through that determination.

I just don't like the fact that everyone is supposed to be able to enjoy this part of the game if they so choose to do so, but it is set in place for only a few individuals.
1 0

1) Regardless if people think politics is relevant in game or not, I feel we shouldn't wait for Ankama to come out with another voting method that can still drive us crazy with a revamp. I'd like to come up with something we all like, & if it takes time, then it takes time.

2) The idea of alt-voting being okay because you pay for more than one account is ridiculous in my opinion. But keep that in mind. It's just my opinion. You are one person. We are all individuals, & I really do not see how one person deserves to have their voice heard more than another.

3) I don't even know what to say... lol... Why do you only care about alt-voting when you lose? People are trying to come up with a solution that is best for every player, which is actually including you. You can trust me! This is in no way a conspiracy theory. This thread is trying to come up with something that will help make the voting system fair, or at least more fair. If you think something is unfair, then please let us know why, or come up with an idea of your own.

0 0
Score : 868
ms-qina|2014-02-03 18:24:09
What if a quest was made? Named something like YOUR VOTE COUNTS.

Its simple quests to earn voting tokens. Tokens expire in 2 weeks. The quest is received by talking to Jonk, and the quest lasts 2 weeks and you have a list of things to do. OR it could be 1 thing to do per day. The max amount of tokens at one time is 10. So if you do the daily quest all 14 days, you will still only get 10 tokens max. The quest would be something like the almanax. Each one gives 1 token.

Ride a dragoturkey
Take a boat to calamar island
Complete a dungeon
Use the wave emote
Mint 100 kamas
Harvest 10 crops
Harvest 10 herbs
Kill a scara

things like that, easy things so all levels can do them.
or have slightly different quests for higher level people. so instead of killing a scara, you have to kill a monk or a mecha.
You could also get a small reward like the almanax for completing one of the quests. (10 wis, 10 dmg, 10 hp)

The tokens could also be split up between people running for governor.
When voting you could see how many times you voted for each person running. You will not see other peoples or alts votes, only your own.
No getting back your tokens to vote for someone else either.
And since we all like to get titles and achievements, how about a title called THE VOTER or LOYAL CITIZEN or something similar when you vote a total of 50 times.
Tokens would also be nation specific and of course non-tradeable.
I offer a solution and people still argue. lets find a solution to all of this so everyone is happy. its also a game, no one needs to get power mad over being governor. other players should get the chance to be governor or at least get a spot in government. thats how it used to be. people used to help each other.

~little side note. if youve annoyed frey to the point of multi quoting and posting a huge reply on this thread, you know youve done something wrong. frey NEVER gets annoyed. :3
0 -1
Score : 13934
Asthis|2014-02-04 14:40:31
There's no way to stop people from voting on each account but at least make it so you can only do it once per account per nation. If somebody reeeeeally wants to win by alt-voting they'd have to sub enough accounts with one vote each.

Ankama MUST look at each subscriber this way... every paid account is a separate PERSON in game.

You can not try to distinguish and limit people they may multibox. As Madd stated, it will just cause more issues than it resolves. I agree each account should only have one vote. Letting alts vote will only increase the chances others will abuse the system to win.

If someone wants to pay for two account they get two votes. Accept it.

What really needs to be talked about isn't alt voting. That can come later.

Players need a reason to care about who is governor. Give them the ability to make decisions that affect players. Give the players ways to overthrow a poor government, maybe PvP coup options. The big guilds are essentially the main political parties. Let them duke it out PvP style. Prims could represent votes. So big guilds could align themselves with smaller guilds that own HWs or attack and have control of their Prim. How often guilds battle it out would depend on the length of a term. Being in office could grant bonuses to the guild and other guilds allied with them. These are just random thoughts atm, but i'd like to see the political system have some teeth.

Ankama is making the top crafters get special recipes. Maybe allow the current government(guild) access to special recipes as well.
0 0

I think regardless if we come up with a way to stop multi-boxers or not, One vote per account is obviously going to help. People have shared the same opinion, & it's something we want.

I think we could possibly bring up ideas for governor limits as well, but I don't want to make the thread as broad as government period. I think that's too much to cover with one thread, and we'd be scrambling around to come up with a good idea.

Before we continue, I'd also like to say I appreciate everything the developers do. We have so many people in this thread working on something, & still haven't thought about a solution. They have less people who sit down and brainstorm. I think we owe them some sort of respect for what they do now that we all know how hard it can really be. Bugs and Support problems aside. The brainstormers have a tough job.

0 0
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-04 19:29:13
Before we continue, I'd also like to say I appreciate everything the developers do. We have so many people in this thread working on something, & still haven't thought about a solution. They have less people who sit down and brainstorm. I think we owe them some sort of respect for what they do now that we all know how hard it can really be. Bugs and Support problems aside. The brainstormers have a tough job.

But that's just it... the community does a lot of the brainstorming for them. Ankama has access to such a large pool of engaged customers. Why would you not take more advantage of that? Surely they're smart enough to take the ideas that have potential and the experts can fill any holes that may arise.

But instead, Ankama is making it difficult on themselves. I won't list the numerous ways how.
0 0

I'm just saying they do make hard decisions. Not whether or not they should take our advice.

0 0
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-04 20:08:00
I'm just saying they do make hard decisions. Not whether or not they should take our advice.

I'm just saying they do make poor decisions. Being short staffed isn't a great excuse. Especially when it's because of their own doing.

The only compliment I can give Ankama is that I'm thankful you've given me such a delicious apple on the outside but is rotten at the core.
0 0
Gynrei|2014-02-04 20:48:25
RaVeN-Fifteen|2014-02-04 20:08:00

I'm just saying they do make poor decisions. Being short staffed isn't a great excuse. Especially when it's because of their own doing.

The only compliment I can give Ankama is that I'm thankful you've given me such a delicious apple on the outside but is rotten at the core.
I gave my opinion, & you gave yours. I don't think it has anything to do with the thread, so lets stay on track.
0 0
Score : 11358
FinroyThePuppeteer|2014-02-04 17:25:45
Begone, vermin.
We here talk about how to make things more possible for everyone, not how to make moneybags rule everyone.

Insulting anyone with a different point of view is not going to get you anywhere in life buddy. We are arguing a point. Two or more subbed accounts should get the same rights regardless of who the owner is. That's the bottom line 'cause Skully said so.
0 0