By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Old player wondering how Wakfu's progression is

By reborndarks November 17, 2013, 04:56:25

Hey guys, i'm an old time Dofus player that got into Wakfu early last year. I know both dofus and wakfu had a 2013 roadmap for the entire year, and I was wondering how well the game has been progressing. I played a 6 man team (i'll list those later) and I logged in earlier today and realized a lot has changed.

My original team was an Air sadida, Water Enu, water eni, Fire cra, air/fire iop and fire/earth sac. I was wondering if any veteran player could give a run down on how this team would fare in this current development of wakfu, and what changes would benefit with a slight restructure of picking class/builds.

Also, last time I was playing, the level cap was 105, what is the current level cap now and if I were to play a 3 man team, and would that limit the ability to run end game dungeons? I'm asking this specifically because in dofus, dungeons scaled difficulty to the number of players in the party.

Thank you to any that reply,
~Midnighte

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 19263

About 2/3 of the Roadmap has been ditched throughout the year due to glitches and laziness and stupidity on Ankama's part. They've also been very eager to remove good stuff from the game, like Mobile Arenas, Tokens, Equipment Effects, and naming Summons, and gosh darn it if the list doesn't go on and on!

As for progression in the game, allow me to paint this image:

A one legged cat trying to bury a turd in a marble floor.

2 -1
Score : 17831

Tommy, you know you're exaggerating A LOT and you know it. Don't do that.

It's been so-so, tbh. Here's the important parts in my opinion:

The Good:

1) Spell levels got revamped to be increased up to level 200 (their cap at the moment is our level cap though), and being multi-element is much easier now (more equips, less exp required to level spells, etc).

2) Content up to level 140 is out (the highest level dungeon dungeon is actually recommended up to level 155 if i recall correctly), and it's not exactly what you would call easy content, either.

3) A new item rarity has been added, called Relic. It's the rarest type of item you can find! They're INCREDIBLY rare, and INCREDIBLY useful.

4) Ultimate Bosses (UB's) are a big thing now. There's 5 total: Excarnus, Moowolf, Black Crow, Magmog the Gobbalrog, and Dragon Pig. All but the last one have been figured out, Dragon Pig is leagues ahead of the other ones in terms of difficulty. Also, you can try them up to 3 times per week, win only once per week, and the counter resets every monday at 12:00am.

5) Haven Worlds were finally added! And the guild systems have been revamped. They are now more time-consuming, but far more rewarding and satisfying than before. The best guilds definitely stand out the most now.

The Bad:

1) Class rebalancing has rendered certain classes worse than others, and this is no exception for you. Your Air Sadida is not that good anymore sadly, Water and Earth outshine it. Other classes you may feel weaker/stronger with, so that means you have to get reaccustomed to your gameplay.

2) Heal resists have been added into the game as a countermeasure of enis outhealing the damage their opponents did in PvP, essentially making them invincible against a majority of players and classes. It stacks as you heal others, and it reduces your efficiency with heals. Bad news is, it's made dungeons and UB's much harder as a side-effect.

3) Smithmagic has been revamped, and is dawning upon yet another revamp. All items that were runed before had their runes removed with no compensation whatsoever, so if you spent thousands of kamas on runed equipment, your efforts were in vain.

4) Removal of many game elements, such as Mobile Arenas, tokens, set bonuses on the higher-leveled equipment, statting into prospecting/wisdom/willpower/perception... Also, the addition of limitations to many other elements of the game, such as caps to all stats (except HP and initiative), certain spells being used only X amount of times per turn/X amount of times per target...

5) Population is lower than one year ago. With Ankama allowing server transfers, many Nox players migrated to several other servers, so there'll be many faces you'll never see again. With such few players, no real action goes on between nations/guilds/players, so if you're into PvP, you're out of luck for now.

6 0
Score : 5094
SSBKewkky|2013-11-17 07:31:34

The Good:

1) Spell levels got revamped to be increased up to level 200 (their cap at the moment is our level cap though), and being multi-element is much easier now (more equips, less exp required to level spells, etc).

2) Content up to level 140 is out (the highest level dungeon dungeon is actually recommended up to level 155 if i recall correctly), and it's not exactly what you would call easy content, either.

3) A new item rarity has been added, called Relic. It's the rarest type of item you can find! They're INCREDIBLY rare, and INCREDIBLY useful.

4) Ultimate Bosses (UB's) are a big thing now. There's 5 total: Excarnus, Moowolf, Black Crow, Magmog the Gobbalrog, and Dragon Pig. All but the last one have been figured out, Dragon Pig is leagues ahead of the other ones in terms of difficulty. Also, you can try them up to 3 times per week, win only once per week, and the counter resets every monday at 12:00am.

5) Haven Worlds were finally added! And the guild systems have been revamped. They are now more time-consuming, but far more rewarding and satisfying than before. The best guilds definitely stand out the most now.

The Bad:

1) Class rebalancing has rendered certain classes worse than others, and this is no exception for you. Your Air Sadida is not that good anymore sadly, Water and Earth outshine it. Other classes you may feel weaker/stronger with, so that means you have to get reaccustomed to your gameplay.

2) Heal resists have been added into the game as a countermeasure of enis outhealing the damage their opponents did in PvP, essentially making them invincible against a majority of players and classes. It stacks as you heal others, and it reduces your efficiency with heals. Bad news is, it's made dungeons and UB's much harder as a side-effect.

3) Smithmagic has been revamped, and is dawning upon yet another revamp. All items that were runed before had their runes removed with no compensation whatsoever, so if you spent thousands of kamas on runed equipment, your efforts were in vain.

4) Removal of many game elements, such as Mobile Arenas, tokens, set bonuses on the higher-leveled equipment, statting into prospecting/wisdom/willpower/perception... Also, the addition of limitations to many other elements of the game, such as caps to all stats (except HP and initiative), certain spells being used only X amount of times per turn/X amount of times per target...

5) Population is lower than one year ago. With Ankama allowing server transfers, many Nox players migrated to several other servers, so there'll be many faces you'll never see again. With such few players, no real action goes on between nations/guilds/players, so if you're into PvP, you're out of luck for now.
That was very informative. Kudos to you.
0 0
Score : 2895
SSBKewkky|2013-11-17 07:31:34

The Good:

The Bad:

Pretty much right, except heal resists, was ofc, required. Thats not the problem, so much as the lack of heal resists on mobs.

And also I'd like to point out that runes were compensated for. Both for what was in gear and what wasnt.
0 0
smallz117|2013-11-17 09:27:56
Pretty much right, except heal resists, was ofc, required. Thats not the problem, so much as the lack of heal resists on mobs.

And also I'd like to point out that runes were compensated for. Both for what was in gear and what wasnt.

Really? I had some high fire damage runes in my to-be vamp set at the time, but I don't remember receiving runes afterwards... :/
0 0
Score : 2895
SSBKewkky|2013-11-17 09:54:43
smallz117|2013-11-17 09:27:56

Really? I had some high fire damage runes in my to-be vamp set at the time, but I don't remember receiving runes afterwards... :/
Maybe it bugged for other people, but I know I got 80 runes for my lvl90 water damage rune in my vamp set. (I only had one in my vamps set because I had only recently started gathering runes)
0 0
Score : 1714

I'm also planning to come back, after I save up a bit first. And thxs a for the info Kewkky. Though I'll announce my official return at a later date.

The lack of people is somewhat a good thing, it will make me being an outlaw a little easier. And it also will feel less crowded, especially Brakmar. Although, since I only really used my Sram, what's the populations of the other 3 nations?

0 0
Jinouga|2013-11-17 21:43:48
I'm also planning to come back, after I save up a bit first. And thxs a for the info Kewkky. Though I'll announce my official return at a later date.

The lack of people is somewhat a good thing, it will make me being an outlaw a little easier. And it also will feel less crowded, especially Brakmar. Although, since I only really used my Sram, what's the populations of the other 3 nations?

From my experience, Bonta and Amakna have the highest populations in Nox. I try to help out as much as I can with questions Sram-wise, so when you come back, feel free to hit me up!
0 0

Kewkky, you know that little arrow in the blue box next to a persons forum name? Click it and wait for it to load.

Though, if I ever wanted to make a waterSram and was to lazy to try and figure it out myself, I'd ask you for help building it. happy 

0 0
Jinouga|2013-11-18 08:11:33
Kewkky, you know that little arrow in the blue box next to a persons forum name? Click it and wait for it to load.

Though, if I ever wanted to make a waterSram and was to lazy to try and figure it out myself, I'd ask you for help building it. happy
I forgot you changed from Sram to Rogue. My bbad.However, on your account the only good character I see is a Sram, the others are low leveled charavters.

But still ask me questions about stuff!
0 0

I changed that back in open beta. >.>

Anyway, I will ask if I need help. But, unless they've changed how backstab dmg is calculated or the crit mechanics, I won't need much help. Well there might be some things, but I'll think of them later.

0 0
Score : 111

Okay, thank you to everyone that replied. There are still a few things I was shocked with, I had 700,000 kamas when I logged in o.o, so i'm guessing kamas got scaled. (awesome)

I'm seeing the current changes, and I think i'm going to change up the team.

Air/Earth Sadi,
Water/Fire Enu
Water/Air eni
Fire/Air Iop
Fire/Earth Sac
Fire Cra
Water/Fire Panda

Judging from 6 person limit, i'll switch my gear between Enu and Panda since same build.

To the one reply that set bonuses were removed, were they removed to be rebalanced/are they hidden set bonuses/ or were the sets bugged?

0 0
Score : 19263

None of the new sets have set bonuses. Basically anything Blibliza (August) and after.

Furthermore, all "old" sets with bonuses had each individual item balanced with the entire set bonus in mind, and they eliminated "impossible" stats on items, like the overstuffed amount of crits on Justice Set, Kraken and Moowolf.

We did get critical hits allowed on daggers however, and a few new AP amulets with no negative stats pre lv 100.

0 0
Respond to this thread