FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Open letter to the mods

By Manyfaces November 06, 2013, 02:32:03

I'm going to make this thread short and to the point.... The constant removal of my posts are really starting to annoy me so stop being over zealous. That is all...

/signed manyfaces (the guy that likes to help the community even with out a fancy title)

0 0
Reactions 18
Score : 6385

D: That's not good. I hope they have a really good reason!
You seem very nice smile especially the technical/bugs section. You helped me out lots even though I had little idea of what you were saying~ -halo over head-

0 0
Score : 3089

I've noticed a great many people helping the community who don't have a 'fancy title'. And to be honest, I don't think its the Mod's job to provide people with information the community can give and from what I've witnessed they prefer to hang back and let that happen. Thats my opinion of how they should operate anyway, I could be wrong -shrugs-
Are you sure that your helpful posts are meeting forum rules? Perhaps your syntax could be confused for something negative? Do you disagree with the reasons things were removed? I've never had a post removed before so I don't even know if they notify you or not.
In the post introducing the new Mods, Sabi included an email address to contact if you disagree with how things were done with a Mod (new or old). Maybe you should contact that?
Personally, I'm a lot happier to see the forums cleaner than they used to be.

0 0
Score : 36820
Manyfaces|2013-11-06 02:32:03
I'm going to make this thread short and to the point.... The constant removal of my posts are really starting to annoy me so stop being over zealous. That is all...

/signed manyfaces (the guy that likes to help the community even with out a fancy title)
Ive had one post of mine deleted and it was because it had a quote from someone else that got deleted so I've gotta say i'm pretty happy with the mods (:
0 0
Score : 3982

I'm happy that there are mods and a lot are doing a great job but what I feel is happening is similar to minority report. My posts are being removed due to a possible issue further down the line.(I also get posts removed for other reasons that aren't against the rules just me being observant, I won't go there since It might spark a conspiracy)

This thread is not to roast them just to inform them of a displeasure. A roasting would start If any of my helpful posts get touched.

(I'm Keeping track of removed posts and moderation I find un-pleasuring,will have a well compiled history of the moderation that I will send to sabi once I'v run out of patience)

I had one message regarding the removal of a post and that moderation I was fine with and that's way beyond what id expect of the mods.

The Title comment was a jab at the mods that is all.

0 0
Score : 3089

Um, I'm not too sure if this was intentional, but it sounds a little like you're threatening action if it continues? If you aren't happy, then I'd suggest sending the message now rather than waiting for later. Nip it in the bud before things escalate seems like a sensible thing to do.

0 0

I suggest talking to sabi about it if you have any problems or concerns instead of threatening and such o:

0 0
tashlol|2013-11-06 03:24:50
Um, I'm not too sure if this was intentional, but it sounds a little like you're threatening action if it continues? If you aren't happy, then I'd suggest sending the message now rather than waiting for later. Nip it in the bud before things escalate seems like a sensible thing to do.
As much as I'm annoyed I believe every one should be given time to adjust. I'm not experience corruption just over zealous people.Any threatening action would consist of harassing people like sabi. I'm annoyed just not impatient.

Stage one inform the ones that are annoying you to please stop(check)
Stage two inform their boss with a well compiled report
Stage three find a different game.

This might be rare but I have no intention on turning the crazy up.
0 0

Could you please tell me which posts you're referring to? In the logs, I'm only seeing one incident where your post has had to be removed. However, I'm sure it's not the post, or posts, you're talking about.

MODItsade|2013-11-06 03:35:54
Could you please tell me which posts you're referring to? In the logs, I'm only seeing one incident where your post has had to be removed. However, I'm sure it's not the post, or posts, you're talking about.
Ill get a list ready.

The acceptable removal was the thread i responded to that was a duplication. Market something arother.
Click here one removed from there.
there is one more removal but I'm drawing a blank on its location or what it was about :/
0 0
Score : -169
MiniMikeh|2013-11-06 03:29:06
I suggest talking to sabi about it if you have any problems or concerns instead of threatening and such o:
I am really confused, he is trying to get answers from mods ..why are you bothering yourself to reply

why are you trying to bother him you are suggesting things but this letter meant to be for mods..are you

a mod ..?

I don't care what you gonna say and am not gonna reply but you are an example for others who are

trying to get attention.
0 0
Manyfaces|2013-11-06 03:41:26
The acceptable removal was the thread i responded to that was a duplication. Market something arother.

Okay, if you agree with the removal then there's no need for me to explain it.

I was the one that removed that post. Since you've brought it up, I checked my Ankabox and... I've just found out that all the Ankabox messages I've been sending to people about their posts being removed - never sent! Oh boy.

In regards to your removed post, I will be sending you an Ankabox as soon as I can get mine fixed. I'm extremely sorry, and it won't be happening again.
there is one more removal but I'm drawing a blank on its location or what it was about :/

I'm happy to report that not a single post has been removed from that thread. smile 
MEMW909|2013-11-06 04:00:24
I am really confused, he is trying to get answers from mods ..why are you bothering yourself to reply

why are you trying to bother him you are suggesting things but this letter meant to be for mods..are you

a mod ..?

I don't care what you gonna say and am not gonna reply but you are an example for others who are

trying to get attention.
Relax it's all good. He helps many people out just like many others do. And I do see his point take it behind the scenes seems to be his intent.

MODItsade|2013-11-06 04:04:01
Manyfaces|2013-11-06 03:41:26

Okay, if you agree with the removal then there's no need for me to explain it.

I was the one that removed that post. Since you've brought it up, I checked my Ankabox and... I've just found out that all the Ankabox messages I've been sending to people about their posts being removed - never sent! Oh boy.

In regards to your removed post, I will be sending you an Ankabox as soon as I can get mine fixed. I'm extremely sorry, and it won't be happening again.

I'm happy to report that not a single post has been removed from that thread. smile
Then its bugged. Cause there was a removal. Ill repeat my content here feel free to remove after reading it since I can see why it would be removed. There was a comment regarding the inaccuracy's of wakfu elements regarding items revamps I looked in to this and found out it was the patch notes that was inaccurate and not wakfu elements in question.
0 0
Manyfaces|2013-11-06 04:04:19
Then its bugged. Cause there was a removal. Ill repeat my content here feel free to remove after reading it since I can see why it would be removed. There was a comment regarding the inaccuracy's of wakfu elements regarding items revamps I looked in to this and found out it was the patch notes that was inaccurate and not wakfu elements in question.
That conversation is here, in this thread.

Well woops, guess i stand mistaken on that one O....o. Guess two confirmed grey area posts isn't as bad as I originally thought.

0 0
Score : 892

Hi everyone,

Thought I would butt in real fast. smile

There is going to be a bit of an adjustment phase on the forums. Since recruitment, our team has nearly tripled from five active moderators to fourteen not including [Sabi] or [Troyle]! As such, there is a lot more staff that will be scouring the forums and they will be actively seeking to moderate to get acclimated with the system as soon as possible.

Thankfully [MOD]Itsade had the courtesy to explain or solve the two mentioned cases in this thread already. I promise you all that we are paying close attention to the new recruits' activities and they are very cooperative in asking us for our input before taking any action anywhere. They have already made a lot of smart calls and also held back from making the occasional mistake thanks to seeking council from the senior moderators first.

Just a reminder for the umpteenth time that if you or anybody ever has any issues with the way a moderator is acting or performing his or her duties, to please send in an e-mail to [email protected] with proof and we will investigate it as soon as possible.

Thanks for understanding everybody!

- Moon 

0 0
Score : 1272
MODMoon|2013-11-06 04:52:57

Just a reminder for the umpteenth time that if you or anybody ever has any issues with the way a moderator is acting or performing his or her duties, to please send in an e-mail to [email protected] with proof and we will investigate it as soon as possible.

- Moon
I can understand this, and I appreciate there's such a resource available to us as players and forum users, however I'm a believer these kind of public threads prompt a swifter response, and well, it certainly roused to action one of the new mods, recognizing a mistake that if left unchecked, it might have caused grief later on. tongue However, I would like to know if there's any inherent problem with this specific thread, or is it okay, as long as it stays within the (explicit) forum rules?

EDIT: I would like to clarify what I meant- I think it's a response towards something that might have been seen as inappropriate modding rather than just public shaming, since I will later on compile a list of threads with posts that in my opinion shouldn't have been moderated, but I'll forward it to the email address listed above instead.
0 0
MEMW909|2013-11-06 04:00:24

a mod ..?

trying to get attention.
ManyFaces understands my intent there is literally no reason to be hostile towards me for no reason.
0 0
Score : 892
FurmentalAlchemy|2013-11-06 04:58:33
MODMoon|2013-11-06 04:52:57

- Moon
I can understand this, and I appreciate there's such a resource available to us as players and forum users, however I'm a believer these kind of public threads prompt a swifter response, and well, it certainly roused to action one of the new mods, recognizing a mistake that if left unchecked, it might have caused grief later on. tongue However, I would like to know if there's any inherent problem with this specific thread, or is it okay, as long as it stays within the (explicit) forum rules?

EDIT: I would like to clarify what I meant- I think it's a response towards something that might have been seen as inappropriate modding rather than just public shaming, since I will later on compile a list of threads with posts that in my opinion shouldn't have been moderated, but I'll forward it to the email address listed above instead.

The thing is we want to show you guys that we are not just moderating the community, but a part of it as well. It is important for you all to recognize that we are not some big scary oppressors, but also players that happen to have a few extra responsibilities to clean up the forums and game sometimes.

One could believe that a thread like this should be closed on the terms of somewhat malicious intent. But why close it and make people more concretely believe that we are the bad guys?

This team is brand new for the most part. Small mistakes may be made at first but the new guys will learn from them and moderate better (though I already think they are doing a stand-up job!). It will take us a little bit of time to gather our bearings as a single unit, but our goal is to not just be some figureheads but a part of your community from another standpoint as well.

Please be a little patient with us. In the meantime, the e-mail above is there for you guys to report incidents involving moderators and we will be providing more player resources in the [very] near future. happy

- Moon 
0 0
Respond to this thread