FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Question

By Manyfaces September 02, 2013, 00:41:19

Soooo what happened to the heralds and why is the herald sub forum not in use? The last topic started was back in april. O...o can any mods, heralds, community managers, or devs can clear up why this is?

Also I checked the french forums and they are still active.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 36820

Because none of the heralds want to post there? and it's not a herald exclusive sub forum?

There's no reason to use it

0 0
Score : 3982
MiniMikeh|2013-09-02 01:01:20
Because none of the heralds want to post there? and it's not a herald exclusive sub forum?

There's no reason to use it
How its suppose to work is the devs ask for the opinion of a community in which the herald turns around and collects the ideas of the community. If this doesnt happen progress goes on with out any input whats so ever from the english speaking people.(well maybe some input behind the scenes of the cm's and mods and stuff but still).
0 0
Score : 36820

The heralds talk to ankama about their opinion on things. Is that the best way to go about it? No.
Should those forums be used for this purpose? Yes.

It's just not what's currently happening

0 0

and that's why I started this thread I'm not oblivious to what may be happening I'd just like this to be fixed. (Also if there is a shortage of heralds that are willing to be open with the community I volunteer myself end of story.)

0 0
Score : 3403

if i understood few last messages correct(i wouldnt be in doubt if posters would care to add some punctuation, tho) you think that The Ankama is listening to us only.
thats not even close to the real situation. community managers and developers gather the feedback on what they are doing by reading forums, the public opinion and stuff.
and even when we are asked to make an eassay about that feature or this class - we have to do a huge research at forums and compile a detailed report based on what you request or whine about.

#tldr: community > heralds

0 0

I think we are misunderstanding each other, I'm not expecting daily or even weekly of these write ups its been almost 5 months since the last post. Soo what am I suppose to think? My goal is not to argue with you guys or have a English fight as I'm aware that there will be stuff behind the scenes that the average player may not see. Also I'm not calling you guys lazy but if I notice something that's suppose to be and is being neglected of course I'm going to ask questions and volunteer my self to assist.

I do understand that these essays your doing are going to be based off of you searching the forums and compiling it your self. But still I feel if-y about that.

Tldr; (community(=+)herald)x (other community's) for a overall response. O...o information will still be gathered by other parties this is true as I mentioned before but everything has a weight.

1 0
Score : 3800
Herald stuff

Speak thy name and thy shall arise
0 0
Score : 7094

I'd like to make a point that we're only called to duty when we are asked. This is not as frequent as you should ever be led to believe.

The duties of Heralds is not a grandiose one. When we're asked to gather feedback, we do so and then compile a short-hand version of it which is then transferred to the Dev team. Grou then takes the info into consideration and begins his notorious work. The one missing detail here, is that before anything Grou does is approved for development, he needs to confirm it with Azael and sometimes even Tot. As much as everyone has reasons to hate the guy, he is not the only one to blame. Just one of many.

Other than that, we test content before it's released. We make sure it's not too buggy or difficult, because believe me Wabbit Island was a mess just days before its launch. There were way more issues with the enemies, and they were a metric ton harder. We are not allowed to fight UB on the test server, since that grants an unfair advantage. They limit testing UB mechanics to a French QA team.

• Mango

0 0

Id like to clear something up. I understand the herald thing is not a glorious or the most fun thing thing to do, I'v just been around for a while and would hate to see the game go down a toilet bowl. Honestly there is no way of knowing if the heralds still existed, instead I had a response on punctuation from some one who forgot to use capitals. I was instantly enraged by the fact someone like that would be representing the community. It did not occur to me that there might of been other heralds.The short it got a little uglier then it should of.

But I'm glad to see that the heralds didn't die off and that there is a post up so I guess I can't complain.
tongue

0 0
Respond to this thread