FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Advice on In Game Solutions to Grouping

By WwhitecrowW March 28, 2013, 05:36:31

I've noticed an issue that is being brought up repeatedly in the word of 12, the inability to find groups of similar lvls or w/ a similar focus in mind. We can suggest all we want for a group finder, we can complain all we want about the world being to big - but we have the internet at our finger tips - I believe we can solve this ourselves by putting our minds together.

For those who don't know, I am Night of Lovelace. I have never had an issue getting a group before, but with many complaints over this topic I want some ideas on how we can get this up and running.

My Idea is to have an official lvling guild. The sole purpose of this guild is to help players find like-lvld players to experience this game together. Yes, I know I am already part of a guild (and I love it very much) - but many folks out there either do not have a guild, or their guild does not provide what they need. In this guild ranks will be determined by lvl groups

lvl 20-30 - Team Gobbal
lvl 30-40 - Team Scara
lvl 50-60 - Team You Get The Picture

This guild could simply be a Hall of Future Heroes - A guild not to be a guid, but rather to help new player and people to find each other and to help each other out. Perhaps add advertisements of other guilds in the Guild Message spot every other day to offer people ideas on what kind of guild they would truly want to be in?

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 68

There was a thread about a week or so ago that featured a Party Finder that wasn't an integrated feature of the game, but hosted on a website.

Click here

I think it'd be greatly useful, it's just that people don't really know about it.

0 0
Score : 2618

Do people frequent that often or do you think people are more likely to use a guild in game to find it? Either way, if this has enough support, i'll try to implement it. However I will advertise this network just for another option they can have.

Another idea for guild:

Imagine having an alt in guild (any old alt will do) - this alt is capable of changing its lvl range to anything it wants (rank) - so people know what lvl group they are looking for. In doing so, people can PM said person and they can get their groups organized even if the one they want is not in guild?

0 0
Score : 3300

I would join a guild like this :3

0 0
Score : 2117
WwhitecrowW|2013-03-28 06:11:44
Do people frequent that often or do you think people are more likely to use a guild in game to find it? Either way, if this has enough support, i'll try to implement it. However I will advertise this network just for another option they can have.

Another idea for guild:

Imagine having an alt in guild (any old alt will do) - this alt is capable of changing its lvl range to anything it wants (rank) - so people know what lvl group they are looking for. In doing so, people can PM said person and they can get their groups organized even if the one they want is not in guild?

The problem i see here is:

-people dont know what class you are
-people dont know your mains name to pm you
-sitting on the alt and waiting for someone to ask it kinda a bad solution, because you cant chat with your main guild

otherwise nice idea
0 0
Score : 13934
Chrolo|2013-03-28 16:41:21
WwhitecrowW|2013-03-28 06:11:44

Another idea for guild:

The problem i see here is:

-people dont know what class you are
-people dont know your mains name to pm you
-sitting on the alt and waiting for someone to ask it kinda a bad solution, because you cant chat with your main guild

otherwise nice idea

Well, you wouldn't need to be online with the character in this guild to be found. The search would be all members, including those offline. As mentioned above, how do you find these people as they play other characters or are offline. I suppose you could link in guild message an excel sheet showing each persons IGN's. It all sounds too convoluted to me. Ankama should be the ones addressing this issue.

The main problem I see is the same one the website listed above faces. People don't know about it or use it. How on earth do you propose to tell new players these two features even exist.

I love the idea but it doesn't seem practical.
0 0
Respond to this thread