FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Found a botter o_O

By September 27, 2011, 23:46:58

I think I found one player using some kind of bot for mining. He was just sitting on the ground and waiting for those ores to reappear even though there were many others visible. He didn't reply to my messages and he made the same routine every time (i watched completely 3 rounds of this 'play' when I noticed his fishy behaviour.) Here's the screenshots of 2 rounds about it (I hope I removed those links containing his name on the list as I don't want to get accused about flaming others :unsure:. )

Click here Click here Click here (me and my bad grammar >.< ) Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here
Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here
Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here

How do I report him? How rare the botters are? Or, am I just somehow ultimately misunderstanding something (I am quite tired after all =_=)?

Edit: Gah, I was pretty sure I removed all those links containing his name XS

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 3882

4th from the end contains the name.

And about the player.. It's not impossible that it's a botter, but it could be an ordinary player too. I sometimes turn off all chat options if somebody's pissed me off so maybe he never even saw you talking. And the tiny routine is a bit suspect, but maybe he's actually doing house chores or something and had an alarm set for when the copper would grow back out. Seems a bit insane to set an alarm for a tiny round like that, but maybe he's a helpless addict.

0 0
Score : 266
Nillii|2011-09-28 06:45:43

And about the player.. It's not impossible that it's a botter, but it could be an ordinary player too. I sometimes turn off all chat options if somebody's pissed me off so maybe he never even saw you talking. And the tiny routine is a bit suspect, but maybe he's actually doing house chores or something and had an alarm set for when the copper would grow back out. Seems a bit insane to set an alarm for a tiny round like that, but maybe he's a helpless addict.
Yeah, that came to my mind later on too. But it's still too suspicious. He didn't even react when I mined the irons before him and 5-6 minutes is too small amount of time to do any house chores huh
0 0
Score : 87
Sikalisko|2011-09-28 11:27:37
Nillii|2011-09-28 06:45:43

Yeah, that came to my mind later on too. But it's still too suspicious. He didn't even react when I mined the irons before him and 5-6 minutes is too small amount of time to do any house chores huh
you could attack him, i guess there are still no smart enough bots for wakfu to be able to fight.
or invite to party, he'll either decline instantly(for more developed bot) or will just ignore (if he's just a simple one or even timed click-bot)
0 0
Score : 693

I will also point out this could be a multi client user, log in 2-3 or more accounts camped out at various ore spawns. Alt tabbing between spawns, start a pattern, make 1 char mine, then switch until they're all mining. You should've pkd it.

0 0
Score : 763

the only thing possible is,, he/shes using macro application..

0 0

Thanks for advice Qwerty0. I've spotted him doing the exact same thing twice now, always at the same spot in Snotto grotto and killed him both times. I added him as a friend so now I know when he is online and needs to be killed biggrin

Here are the screenshots from last friday if I remember correctly:

Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here

And here is from today about an hour ago. I happened to attack him just when the ores were reappearing and the bot made him move two cells during one of his turns. Now there's no way he can say that he was just away and had the alarm to go off when the ores were ready to be picked. You can see that he didn't attack me even once and that shouldn't be too hard for someone of his level if he was playing the game himself:

Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here

As he obviously isn't playing fair, I don't think it's flaming to show his name and the evidence about it so that GMs can kick him out or at least warn him. I don't think they need this kind of rule breaking beta testers.

0 0
Score : 177

I found a botter too. his IGN is "Deity Flame", lvl 37 Iop. With no equip, when you attackhim, he just run too the Tin Ores even in the fight. If you kill him, he spawns again at the phoenix in Kara and go back to the subway passage containing the Tin Ores with no HP. And so on... endlessly... How is it possible? D:

0 0
Score : 200
Sikalisko|2011-10-03 09:11:43
I don't think they need this kind of rule breaking beta testers.
I think we do need that especially here in the Beta so that the devs can develop means to detect such automated behavior and come up with countermeasures to red-flag and ban such people easily in the finished game.

Good job on showing that this robotic behavior continues in fights, too, that's a pretty strong hint.
0 0
Wossy|2011-10-06 11:02:54
Sikalisko|2011-10-03 09:11:43
I don't think they need this kind of rule breaking beta testers.
I think we do need that especially here in the Beta so that the devs can develop means to detect such automated behavior and come up with countermeasures to red-flag and ban such people easily in the finished game...
One quite effective countermeasure would be some kind of bot reporting function. For example the one where some kind of in game pop up shows up if you're suspected to be botting and if you answer the question wrong twice, for example, you would get kick banned. The question should be easy and in image format so it would be harder for bots to recognise the question and get automated to give the right answer. Oh and the answer should be written, not clickable from multiple choises to make it harder for bots. And to prevent this function being misused there should be some kind of penalty for the reporting player (nothing too severe) if the suspected player answers correct.

I spotted Eternaldaniels again later that monday when he logged in to play (yeah, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to using this forum). Here's our lively conversation and fierce battle that ensued when he came to revenge me laugh

Click here
Click here
Click here (I don't really care the reason, just wanted to make him confess or atleast to deny it.)
Click here
Click here
Click here

He didn't try to deny that he is using a bot. I forgot to mention right away that there is this topic concerning about him before he DC'd and he didn't log in later on that day. Later he put me in the ignore list and now I can't tell him that.

What was weird about that fight was the fact that he didn't attack me even once. Was he lagging so bad? For me the lags were just 3-5 secs. I'm not that high level yet but wouldn't it be quite difficult to level up if the connection was so bad that you can't even attack in every turn and get disconnected every now and then the during fights? :blink: I think he just closed the game when he didn't come up any good explanation for that question.
0 0
Respond to this thread