FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 484

Sidekicks no longer need gear? (auto insignia / emblem?)

By StVeil - MEMBER - February 16, 2017, 14:02:07
as I understand it they now get emblems/insignias somehow when not geared? are there specific conditions to make the emblems equip on my gearless sidekicks? What do we do for sidekicks who need an element to be higher than another in order to change it's spells? For instance Krosmoglob needs at least +1 in air or water. Otherwise he is utterly worthless.

Here is the quote I am going off of from Dy7:

[Dy7]|2017-02-07 04:17
you don't need to equip sidekick any more if you don't want to or when you reduce your level, because sidekick gets an automatic equipment page if he has no equipment or an invalid equipment. 

http://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/199-changelogs/212564-serial-crafters?page=1#entry999197

Reactions 12
Score : 1359
Yeah, to trigger the auto-equips all you need to do is leave the sidekick equipless. As for the way to choose the higher element we've reported this on the forums and in the bug report section, Flatops answerd Miiiiky's report today saying he'll make note of this and talk it over with the developers, so all we have now is to wait for a change in this, maybe on the next hot fix or patch.
I see. I think Dy7 and the Ankama team are really making great decisions for sidekicks which have been neglected. 

StVeil|2017-02-16 19:00
I see. I think Dy7 and the Ankama team are really making great decisions for sidekicks which have been neglected. 

I sure hope so, I use sidekicks alot.
Score : 223

StVeil|2017-02-17 00:00

yep, but I think it's kinda buggy and wont show at the stats page immediately? Also the issue with double element sidekicks. I hope they fix up other quality of life improvement things 1st before putting out new content. There's so many mechanics in the game already that others are forgotten or just outdate.
Score : 11980
Anyone know if pets interfere with the insignias on sidekicks?

Being able to use pets like the Young Wild Sow or Scara to set a multi-element sidekick's element while otherwise using the automatic gear insignia would be pretty handy.
They do, since you need to have them completely equipless or with an equip that is above their level to trigger the auto-equip, that's precisely what we're waiting to be added, Flatops replied to a thread Miiiiky made in the bug section saying he'd share it with the developers to fix it, so all we need to do now is wait.

iiNoted|2017-02-17 03:46
They do, since you need to have them completely equipless or with an equip that is above their level to trigger the auto-equip, that's precisely what we're waiting to be added, Flatops replied to a thread Miiiiky made in the gub section saying he'd share it with the developers to fix it, so all we need to do now is wait.

Patiently waiting! 
Score : 37
Oh, I found my sidekicks more powerful without the gears i gave them. I lost most of the fun of sidekicks
Score : 11980
If the gear your sidekick is wearing is optimal for their level and specialty, they should be stronger with it. But if you tend to equip your sidekicks with leftover junk (like I do), then there's fair odds they'll be stronger with the automatic gear, yeah.

I think I prefer these problems to the problems I had with Sidekicks in the past though. Used to be if I geared a sidekick for level 170, they'd be useless if I used them with a level 120 character. Sidekicks are meant to be much lower maintenance than proper 'heroes' (as in player characters, not the heroes system). Them getting automatic gear is a step in that direction.
Score : 3
I am a little confused because my well equipted Level 184 Beelzebug is no longer influenced by his equipment (every elementary damage is shown as 386 either he weares all , some or no equipment)
Is this a bug ?? ...I thought equipment would still take influence if the level fits ??
Score : 821
If you are looking at his characteristic page outside the battle you will see only the base stat, no equip. taken into account, to see the stat with the equip. open the page while in battle, it's a bug and happens to me too.
Score : 3
@Laplace93  thanks for the reply .... equip/not equip (1136/1016) ...is pretty close ....maybe i will make some money selling the stuff wink
Respond to this thread