FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 1064

Do you think more events would make the game better?

By Xnub - MEMBER - September 08, 2016, 03:13:56
Do you think more in game and social media events would spark more interest in the game? I'm talking hide and seeks, x2 EXP weekends, PVP tournaments, random world boss spawns that you can join like 20 people in...stuff like that, would bring in a bigger player base? I would love to see this kind of stuff more frequently from Ankama.

I recently looked at the maplestory patch, they legit had SO MUCH going on this month alone, what with reboot servers etc, so many events! I would love to see Ankama take on these kind of projects.
First Ankama intervention
Hi guys,

Each month we try to organize specific events on our social medias and forums depending what has been already done and what may be happening in that particular month, and we do so together with all the CMs.

But we are aware that we can improve to better match the needs of the Community, therefore we would be very interested in knowing what exactly you would wish to see happening (where also) and while we cannot make promises, especially if it requires development work, we would still like to do our best to make you happy and enjoy the events. smile.
See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 8725
Sure. There's just nothig to do currently, no life, no flow, no care from Ankama. Players can't organize and maintain events of these levels constantly, this has to be done by the company itself. Another good example is GW2, there's always something going on, regular & temporary bosses that spawn every once in a while, official pvp tournaments with cash prizes, community fanart showcases, live twitch chats, reddit chats with community, whatnot. And here? Another copypasted forum reply from a CM that never logs ingame, Yep.
Score : 17726
It feels like Ankama built a football stadium and owns the rights to it, then left it there for the common rabble to have fun with. There's only so much you can do in such a place before you're bored out of your mind and never come back.
Score : 10438
It could help, but could also backfire if not handled well.
Hi guys,

Each month we try to organize specific events on our social medias and forums depending what has been already done and what may be happening in that particular month, and we do so together with all the CMs.

But we are aware that we can improve to better match the needs of the Community, therefore we would be very interested in knowing what exactly you would wish to see happening (where also) and while we cannot make promises, especially if it requires development work, we would still like to do our best to make you happy and enjoy the events. smile.
Score : 342
Who are the CMs? I haven't seen any
Score : 15830
I think more in-game activity on the live servers might help, even if it's something fairly low-key without prizes or anything. Just... activity from CMs in-game.
Score : 1211
I'd like to pvp the strongest gm while in Xelor past hc boss room.
Mechanic of the boss will make the pvp interesting.

And I'd like this helmet as reward.  
I agree with Gelgy, I think we need more CM's on every server. Server wide events bring the whole community together in a way that nothing else can, and I believe this will help to sustain the current amount of players that we have, and possibly unite new and old players alike!
Score : 742
sabi please make a good event where players have more activity. and pls make better plan for pvp system. like guild versus guild or nation versus nation.

i saw a lot ppl waiting for that. and still no responses from ankama. and players stuck with no activity.

a lot ppl request something coz i believe they care with wakfu. they are waiting for your response.
Score : 9158
There must be more in-game events, not only held by mods... Like bosses spawning, monsters suddenly attacking crops, prisoners getting out and attacking bridges etc. Something that brings people together and gives them something to do. There is nothing to do besides grind and same dungeons over and over again.
Score : 5269
In game events would be nice.

I was thinking about community events, so everyone will get a rewards (= everyone is happy)
Community events:
- "An abnormal number of X monsters is spawning, stop the invasion" (like the foggernaut launch)
- "kill the X dungeon boss for a special reward" (could be extra tokens, fireworks, titles, ecc..)
- "kill X number of monsters" (simple things always work)
- "Take X resource to the special altar for a community reward"

but there are a lot of other events that could be done:
- "The X uberboss ran away from his lair! Stop him!"
- "X dungeon bosses ran away and they are working together for an evil plan! Stop them!"
- "Kill the pink tofu!"
- and other catching events
- "Fashion event: vote for the most fashion char"

Events like that should take place once a week. This make a community happy (or at least a bit).
Score : 584
It depends what and were,the game is dead in the server,so we need server events ,no social media or Facebook,and we need long and rewarding seasons or new fresh stuff,example:Halloween coming up,I bet my pets is once more beat the witch ,same old costumes jacko,vanhellsing costume, ghoul,vamp ,orange gobbs,ohmyr sales offering that.Done,Old,Done,Old,sick of them ,new events,fresh plz,and I'm so not looking forward to Christmas same crap.
Score : 9423
DarkHadoo|2016-09-08 19:33:12
It depends what and were,the game is dead in the server,so we need server events ,no social media or Facebook,and we need long and rewarding seasons or new fresh stuff,example:Halloween coming up,I bet my pets is once more beat the witch ,same old costumes jacko,vanhellsing costume, ghoul,vamp ,orange gobbs,ohmyr sales offering that.Done,Old,Done,Old,sick of them ,new events,fresh plz,and I'm so not looking forward to Christmas same crap.
Or same even with more stuff added. So you don't miss old stuff, and you can get new stuff.
Score : 584
Excellent correction cat.
Score : 24206
Events won't make the game any better as game . BUT it might keep existing community to continue playing, to show players that there is more people on the server then they think and even provide better feedback and communication between Ankama and players.
Score : 8725
At least the game would look less dead. I'm not sure if Ankama can handle the proper implementation of events + rewards that are worth bothering with. There must be a gambling element, like each boss/invasion event must have a tiny probability of dropping something cool, maybe a box with 10 relic pieces or 100 dungeon tokens of your choice. Or even ogrines. Use imagination, we can get creative with that.
Score : 5182
An ugly situation where no one wins. Ankama doesn't want to pay employees to be in game every day, interacting with players and hosting events, helping resolve issues. But volunteers who have nothing to lose because it's not a real job end up getting greedy, start using their powers to exploit for profit, and get banned.
Merriden|2016-09-08 23:20:21
An ugly situation where no one wins. Ankama doesn't want to pay employees to be in game every day, interacting with players and hosting events, helping resolve issues. But volunteers who have nothing to lose because it's not a real job end up getting greedy, start using their powers to exploit for profit, and get banned.
I wouldn't say no one wins. The community wins. The community comes together, and this is a win in itself. There are other forms of payment besides money. Volunteers could get paid in ogrines, or mystery boxes, or boosters for their main, Or they could not get paid at all, but they are closely watched by the Ankama staff to see if they misbehave. The forums have always been a place where players can voice their opinions, they could use it to let the CM's know what they like and don't like. Currently (Phaeris), feels like it has NO CM's, so I feel this would be a welcome change.
Score : 15486
Just create your own events. I am currently doing an event its called A.W.O.L. (absent without official leave) . To take part in the event, log in every 3 months or less, talk to some friends, read the forum no more than once every 6 months. This is a really great event and to be honest its lots of fun and there is no limit how many people can join.
Respond to this thread