FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Bumped

[Discord] WAKFU Text/Voice Server

By [Sabi] - ADMINISTRATOR - September 17, 2015, 02:26:15
AnkaTracker
Hello everyone.

Today we would like to introduce the WAKFU community to Discord.

Discord is an all-in-one text and voice for gamers which is free and feels a lot like a mix of Teamspeak and IRC put together (for those of you already familiar with them), which enables the community of players and friends alike to get together and converse via text or voice using different chat or voice channels.

Discord is free, secure and works on both your desktop or phone or tablet. It is available for Windows, Mac, IOS and Androids.

All the information about Discord can be found on their website: Here.

And as we wish to offer to the community the experience to use it, we have decided to create a server.

This Discord server doesn't serve as an official server but as a fan based server.

Here is a preview of the actual WAKFU Discord server:

And now here is how to join it:

Simply click on this invitation link: "Invitation Link"

Step 1:
Once you have clicked the invitation link, follow the process to get your account setup and you can either use the browser version or go ahead and download Discord.

Step 2:
Once you are logged into Discord, you will notice several text channels and voice channels which have been created for each communities, so that languages can have their own home.

Step 3:
Get accustomed with the use of Discord and the various features, which can be found: here.

What is the current goal?

First Ankama intervention
Thank you guys for these first comments. wub

I also need to point out that your CMs may not always respond right away on the server as their presence will depend on their own availability to be on the Discord WAKFU server.

A good way to look at it is that this chat/voice server is a fan based server allowing the community to discuss all Wakfu related topics together in a convenient and easy way outside of our official channels and platforms. smile
See message in context
Reactions 24
Score : 1038
ok so i just went on here and was on discord for like 5 - 10 minutes. i ask a CM a question and get it imidietly, than i go to remington channel and i asked whos playing right now *got a pm instantly* im starting to really like this app/program, the program is so good its gona put teamspeak and all other programs that are for voice chating and chating to the ground :p i really like also this post and i was very impressed at how simple and easy the app is, you can acces it on your computer,mobile,mac,browsers and so on. its also working extremly fast. thanks for leting us know about this ^^ hopefully the rest of the staff team will put interest into this wink 
Score : 7344
Getting immediate response is nice. Getting moderated by posting a a movie title is not nice lol

edit:
The server is on trial phase so guys if you want immediate response from Ankama pls post here what you think about the server wink 
Thank you guys for these first comments. wub

I also need to point out that your CMs may not always respond right away on the server as their presence will depend on their own availability to be on the Discord WAKFU server.

A good way to look at it is that this chat/voice server is a fan based server allowing the community to discuss all Wakfu related topics together in a convenient and easy way outside of our official channels and platforms. smile
Score : 1762
Seems pretty cool so far. Convenient.

Though as a note voice activation for the chat channel is automatic. You can change it to push to talk in the options though. Just as a heads up to people.
Score : 132
No image posting killed off one of the main features. Seriously rethink that.
Score : 1762
nabz4ayman|2015-09-18 00:09:08
You can easily post the link to an image. So they click it before seeing. Works just fine.

Right click a picture->Copy Image Location->Paste
Score : 33552
Eziekieal|2015-09-18 00:18:42
You can easily post the link to an image. So they click it before seeing. Works just fine.

I was actively posting images with sabi there and she had 0 complaints

as well as not having my forum name

Although it seems sabi and all the mods abandoned the chat so everythings kind of up in the air now
Score : 468
Sabi|2015-09-17 02:26:15
Your Display name or account name must be matching your forum nickname.
I understand the need for this requirement but I think it's unlikely people will follow it or be enforceable (especially since the Discord server can be reached by word of mouth, which was the case for me and did not know about this post until it was mentioned). I believe most people will go by what others have come to know them as inside the game and it won't necessarily be by their account name or forum name.

With that said, I've enjoyed using Discord and look forward to the other features they've yet to implement. In my opinion, it seems to have a lot of potential that can be of benefit to the community.

REQUEST:

I would like to have an #announcements text channel so posts like these can be linked and provide more cohesion between official communication and fan base communication for the game. It might seem redundant but I'll probably end up using Discord more than the forums (sorry) especially if more community members join Discord.

-Serah
Score : 131
late feedback, our guild created a server for us to try out, we will update our guild thread and add up Discord invite link for anyone who has any concerns involving our guild and will try our best to monitor it frequently.

pros:
no downloads
signing up is optional
anyone can join

cons:
beside from not having a video chat which really isnt their target market, are there even any biggrin?

i recommend this for
grinding, dungeons, hunting and ultimate boss groups (no hustle in typing + it gives you more focus on group tactics and challenges)
for guild chats OR whenever you feel talking to a friend or someone in the game

have a good day everybody!
Remington IGN: Mahal
MiniMikeh|2015-09-18 00:38:50
Eziekieal|2015-09-18 00:18:42

I was actively posting images with sabi there and she had 0 complaints

as well as not having my forum name

Although it seems sabi and all the mods abandoned the chat so everythings kind of up in the air now

I have removed the need to be matching your forum nickname and as far as the images, it is possible to post link that way people on the chat can decide if they wish to see them or not. smile

Blackeagle112|2015-09-18 00:58:18
REQUEST:

I would like to have an #announcements text channel so posts like these can be linked and provide more cohesion between official communication and fan base communication for the game. It might seem redundant but I'll probably end up using Discord more than the forums (sorry) especially if more community members join Discord.

-Serah

Thank you for this, we will be looking into it. smile
Score : 2967
I never installed Teamspeak cause it looks like shit. Discord has a nice gui, mac users will be shameless to use it. Thx for that. If only that app was integrated into wakfu like Steam, that MAJ+Tab overlay is very useful ohmy 
Score : 149
Caliiintz|2015-09-19 16:20:21
I never installed Teamspeak cause it looks like shit. Discord has a nice gui, mac users will be shameless to use it. Thx for that. If only that app was integrated into wakfu like Steam, that MAJ+Tab overlay is very useful ohmy

"overlay" integration is coming, it's part of the features of the app.

But a point I dont like much. We can choose any name, there are people pretending to be Hush by example...
Score : 1032
I love discord i'm there literally all the time lolz (unless im at work or whatever)
Score : 8649
Dope, I may have to invade this server at some point wink 
Score : 164
~bump~

we need more people on here
Score : 4161
Yeah.
By the way, there is any chance Ankama could make a short url to share ingame to this channel?
Something like wakfu.com/discord would be awesome
Score : 2967
Sabi|2015-09-17 02:26:15
Hello everyone.

Today we would like to introduce the WAKFU community to Discord [...].

This Discord server doesn't serve as an official server but as a fan based server.Quote

There are CM and Dev everyday, looks kinda official to me now smile

Can't wait the games integration on the mac version O_O
Score : 18
Hello, The invitation link is not valid anymore, can you post another one ? Thank you ! And do you have a different discord for the french community ? (the link is not valid either) 
Score : 1735
Why this topic got unpinned? Just edit it (updating the link to a fresh one w/o expiring date) and keep it pinned so new players could find the server easily  @[email protected]
Respond to this thread