FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Count Harebourg is... handsome?

By samrux2 October 11, 2015, 07:57:24

I just finished watching the OVAs. I... Yeah. No. That was incredibly weird. Why make him handsome? He's a Xelor, isn't he? Where are his time-manipulation protection bandages? Did he stop being a Xelor? Was he just as hot beneath his witch hat during the Dofus era?

And why are the Frigostians a thing? Frigost is a dead ice cube with almost null population. Even then, Harebourg would have no reason to care about them now: He hasn't cared about them for 400 years. Then again, where did those people come from. They surely must be the same Frigostians, or the descendants of, those that lived during Djaul's curse? Because they are still cursed and can't escape the island? They now love the count, apparently.

The OVAs definitely made more questions than the third season could ever hope to answer, plus a couple of unfixable plotholes, but I'm the most concerned about Harebourg and his weird Frigostian people.

1 0
Reactions 6
Score : 3138

Please don't forget how the Count is also featured as a pedophile and a stalker on top of "it's ok cause he's pretty!". He pretty much serves no purpose than to cause love drama for Yugo.
And people who actually live in Frigost don't even show up (Sylargh or Missiz Freezz).

The OVAs are shit in their entirety honestly, they're way too squished and all characters that aren't Yugo and Pinpin get treated like trash.

2 -3
Score : 984

Yeah, quite honestly so.
The entire thematic of the OVAs is incredibly interesting, but the way it was realized went very wrongly against the original series. Many things simply do not make sense, and many things were left completely ignored. And the whole "Eliotrope" things is the ridiculous cherry atop of the weird cake.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the three episodes. I was glad to see of Wakfu again.

1 0
Score : 3138

I find it hard to share that sentiment, especially since characters of all sorts got majorly fucked over by the writting in the OVAs, (Harebourg most notably, Eva and Amalia right after, they are practically token crying waifus and Ogrest's supposedly super important arc got closure offscreen like it was unnecessary and Ruel is just irrelevant) now I sure did want to get to watch all these heroes grow up and go in new adventures but Yugo and Pinpin at this point kill the show cause everything is written to catter around them and the rest of the characters don't get any development to themselves, even the little development they could be getting is made so it helps Yugo and Pinpin grow instead and often in incredibly unnecessary ways (I mean what the hell is wrong with Armand in the OVAs even?). This same thing happens in the manga, but there the author isn't in a rush to complete the story, so they have even less of an excuse. This also happens in a lesser extent in season 2 just not as obviously.

The decline in quality seems to be an ongoing proccess and it will be honestly amazing if season 3 DOESN'T bring even worse writting in play.

1 -2
Score : 1225

Harebourg is a demigod. He's Xelor's son (according to Krosmaga). This is why he's immortal. Having lived for so long, he's bound to change personality and priorities atleast once.

He has always, always cared about Frigost and its people. He's spent his entire life trying to make Frigost's winters less harsh (fighting Djall, building the Water Clock, growing a ginormous forest and using it for fuel, etc).

What makes Harebourg so famous is that his helping fight Djall made Jiva grant him the Ice Dofus, which gave him his powers. He used this Dofus to protect Frigost, but when Jiva lost a legendary battle against Djall, she ceded Frigost to him. This sent Frigost into an eternal winter, which everyone blamed Harebourg for even though he had nothing to do with it.

He's not at all a bad guy. He just keeps getting blamed for everything.

Heck, Yugo was the real main antagonist of the OVAs because he

A. lied to Amalia by saying the only reason Harebourg grew the forest and wanted to marry her was to burn all the trees (when he freaking used his forest as a safe living area for his people with a town and everything), which caused Sadida to lose the chance to escape the flood without fighting Ogrest,

B. clashed the 12 Dofus together when he was specifically told by everyone that it would destroy the world, and

C. sent meteorites all over the world that killed tons of people and destroyed many towns, because he had the bright idea to sent Mount Zinit into the atmosphere.

Harebourg was just another of Yugo's MANY victims in the OVAs.

1 0
Score : 4255

Yugo being dumb (and he was always like that, not just the ovas) doesn't really have much to do with the fact that the writers 'ruined' Harebourg or at least what a majority of people had imagined him to be.
And yes, Harebourg could def be considered a 'bad' guy by all means. Its just that the supposed hero is not much better.

1 0
Score : 1225
Fleisch|2017-01-26 14:02:06
And yes, Harebourg could def be considered a 'bad' guy by all means. Its just that the supposed hero is not much better.

I'd say he's more grey. o.0
1 0
Respond to this thread