FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Season 1 & 2 DVD release with English subtitles, and why it's necessary

By AlisonRobin April 09, 2013, 08:35:01

Are there plans to release seasons one and two on DVD with the original French dialog but with official English subtitles? I have not found such a thing. I would like to throw more of my money at Ankama for making such a lovely show, but as I do not speak French (yet!) I have no inclination to purchase any DVDs that don't include subtitles in my native tongue.

Currently I am subsisting on the plus4chan subtitles, which are lovely. They do a good job even translating some of the puns and language jokes, but they can't do them as well as I expect Ankama can. My favorite being when the group encounters Grougalouragran in squid monster form and Tristepin asks if it's "le tentacule or la tentacule." The unofficial translation changes it to him asking if it's "A tentacle or an tentacle." The joke of Tristepin's poor grammar is preserved, but not what I suspect is a mildly lewd reference to Japanese cartoons of an adult nature.

4 0
Reactions 4
Score : 3

I agree! Please release season 1 and 2 DVDs in both French and English subtitles!

0 0
Score : 11807

+1 over here

0 0
Score : 626

+1

dub tends to ruin shows for me :I

0 0
Score : 1

Personally I love the English dub but I would love the options.

0 0
Respond to this thread