FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why does Merry dissappear at 100 stacks?

By thekah - MEMBER - April 03, 2012, 20:16:54

This seems really counterintuitive to playing panda in a long fight. After sitting at 100 stacks of merry for one round, all of it disappears, even if I keep applying new stacks (it just starts over from 1).

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 233

The highest the buff can go is 100 stacks.

Basically what you're saying is you want to be able to keep your insane-o bonuses for a whole fight? I mean, the Merry bonuses are pretty nice and unlike something like Shadowy Cloak or Shadow Stabber or Authority or any number of other class buffs, Merry doesn't require you to do anything but keep your barrel in your hand at the end of every round. It would be pretty silly if you could keep 100 stacks forever. Maybe just focus on making sure fights end by the end of 10 rounds?

0 0
Score : 364

I'm running a Bamboozle build so I get max stacks after 5 rounds, actually. It feels really terrible losing all those bonuses after round 5 even though I have to keep using the skill or risk getting the Worn Out state.

0 0
Score : 51

Then change the way you play, don't buff up to 100 Merry right away. The class would be extremely overpowered if we get could to 100 Merry and maintain that +100% damage +2 AP & +2 MP throughout the entire fight.

What's counter-intuitive is blowing all of your WP in the first round of a long fight. Spread that *** out and use it strategically to your advantage.

*Edit*
After posting this, I've realized you probably aren't Earth; readers should take my post above from an earth perspective only (Of course change swap Bamboozle with BH).

0 0
Score : 6591

The once-per-turn limit of Bamboozle is more than enough. With the penalty of maxing Merry, Bamboozle shouldn't cost Wakfu.

That being said, Bamboozle could be nerfed to only giving 10 stacks of merry without costing Wakfu and it would be much better than it is right now.

I don't like the Panda rework, but it just seems silly to make them spend Wakfu for anything other than Barrelhop with the current implementations. Summoning the barrel SHOULD cost Wakfu and throwing/picking up the barrel shouldn't have any AP cost at all at max rank with the current throw range restrictions.

If they made these changes, Water/Fire would be much easier to play. It's a bit easier to play Water than Fire alone, but if you ever need to use Water and Fire in conjunction it's just too difficult with the AP costs of barrel + karch pickup/throw - that's 4 AP right there, max rank Karch, max rank Barrel - to position the barrel before you can even use an ability.

If barrel did cost Wakfu then there would be much more reason to max both Bottomless Barrel and Barrel. The battle shouldn't last so long that you have to bring out 6 barrels, and if it does you have 6 * 26 quarts at your disposal by maxing both. Even without the barrel, that's where Fire will shine as a fallback when you can't use AoE. They'd have to make a change to the Earth tree to make this work (maybe have Earth spells available but do less damage without the barrel in hand), but I think it's doable.

0 0
Score : 1061

That is deffinitly a bug it should just stay 100 stacks the fact that it resets is just ***ed lol I understand capping at 100 but restarting? Lol

0 0
Score : 861

That's not a bug, that's a concession. It used to be if the battle dragged on long enough that you hit ten levels of Merry (the previous max), you'd get Worn Out (I would recommend not thinking too hard about how one gets an instantaneous hangover from their eleventh drink).

Speaking as an Earth Panda it's never really been an issue for me one way or the other. Battles don't last that long for me; either I'm dead or the other guy is well before I hit the cap.

0 0
Score : 509
chowderman|2012-04-04 11:37:27
That's not a bug, that's a concession. It used to be if the battle dragged on long enough that you hit ten levels of Merry (the previous max), you'd get Worn Out (I would recommend not thinking too hard about how one gets an instantaneous hangover from their eleventh drink).

Speaking as an Earth Panda it's never really been an issue for me one way or the other. Battles don't last that long for me; either I'm dead or the other guy is well before I hit the cap.
Are you sure it's a bug? I've seen nothing from the Dev's implying that to be true, and nothing in the ability description that say's that merry stacks go to 0 after trying to increase beyond 100. If it's not a bug at the very least the ability/state description needs to be updated.
0 0
Score : 233

When 10 stacks of Merry used to make you immediately go Worn Out, the state didn't say anything about THAT, either.

I don't see the problem - if it just resets the stacks, then just try to end the fight sooner. As I said before, the buff is REALLY REALLY easy to stack, so what's the problem? Just don't use Bamboozle to build Merry stacks and make sure the fight ends before 11 turns. That's a really, really long fight.

0 0
Score : 3269

On the fr forums they clearly said you will be worn out after 100 stacks.

0 0
Score : 6591
Seoras|2012-04-04 18:32:29
When 10 stacks of Merry used to make you immediately go Worn Out, the state didn't say anything about THAT, either.

I don't see the problem - if it just resets the stacks, then just try to end the fight sooner. As I said before, the buff is REALLY REALLY easy to stack, so what's the problem? Just don't use Bamboozle to build Merry stacks and make sure the fight ends before 11 turns. That's a really, really long fight.

That might be true for an Earth Panda, but Fire/Water pandas have restrictions due to this.

In order to build Merry you have some options. You can hold the barrel, Barrelhop, use Bamboozle or any combination of the three. Once you build past 20 Merry you will suffer -dmg/ap/mp and/or sleep penalties based on the level of Merry you had before getting Worn Out.

Without using Wakfu, a Fire/Water panda has to pick up the barrel before the end of their turn and to cast a spell a Fire/Water panda has to set the barrel down at the start of the turn if they're holding it. Again, this is if you dont want to use Wakfu. So you have to reserve an AP every turn to keep Merry going and/or use 1-2 more AP to reposition the barrel for more effective Water spells. That's 1-3 AP spent per turn to keep Merry going, without using Wakfu and the cheapest water AoE is 3 AP. You're basically guaranteed to spend 4-7 AP each turn before you can perform a Fire spell to make effective use of Merry without Wakfu! So, if you're at the end of your ropes in Wakfu, your DPT is going to be scaled down really hard thanks to the crummy implementation of Karch without Sherpa (specifically the AP reserved for throwing the barrel, not so much the range but that would have been helpful too).

If you choose to use Wakfu to Barrelhop you can't hop in the same tile you're in, so this can put you at a disadvantageous spot or you might not be able to barrelhop at all (due to LoS restrictions and targets clogging tiles around the barrel). This means that in order to make the most effect out of Water you pretty much have to level every Water spell for every possible scenario regarding the barrel on the ground to get the most effect... and it's still limited. Fire spells are limited to LoS (as well as Water spells) with the exception of Dairy Springer, so it's very difficult to target around the barrel once you get Dizzy stacks going for optimal damage. There's also the problem with the range of some Fire spells (2-3 minimum on range making it difficult to use some of the spells on targets). Long story short, it's extremely difficult to be hybrid (it's almost as if the current patch implementation forces people to go one route or the other but definitely not both at the same time without high-end items).

If you choose to use Wakfu to Bamboozle you gain 20 Merry stacks as well as allied targets around you and apply 10 dizzy stacks to enemy targets around you. After 5 [consistent] Bamboozle you already run the risk of being Worn out with sleep, so you pretty much have to manage how often you use this ability to get less penalties throughout the fight. To sum it up, this means you have to use AP on Water moves to sustain Dizzy, even if you're Fire. If its main use is to make being Fire easier, they could remove the Merry stacking altogether and just make it apply 20 stacks of Dizzy per use and it would be 10 times better than it is right now (1 AP 1 Wakfu for 20 Dizzy all around? What Fire Panda wouldn't want that?). If they made this change it would still be useful to Water/Earth because 20 Dizzy stacks means -20 resist without having to use max Karch, AND Bamboozle is an AoE. Karch effect isnt.

With all of that being said, it's just lackluster to try to build Merry on a Fire/Water panda. Unfortunately, to maximize the potential of any Panda spec, you need Merry for the damage increase and the +AP to increase the number of actions you can do (this is crucial for a Fire panda and a boon for Water so repositioning the barrel is easier).

I wont even bother getting into Worn Out arguments and how much it really cripples a Fire/Water Panda versus an Earth Panda.
0 0
Score : 295

Technical answer is that you didn't GAIN any stacks that turn (just stayed at 100), so the buff is lost. The Eniripsa's Hygene works the same way, although it's much harder to hit the cap.

As we've established, though, considering how fast you can reach 100 Merry, it would be a bit crazy to be able to keep those sort of stats for long battles.

0 0
Score : 1327

just like Intrade said in his first post, they need to rework which of pandas skills costs a WP, ether costing 3 ap and 1 wp is just so ridiculous for only 10 removal.... unless im just not understanding the skill correctly, barrelhop DEFINITELY needs a wp like all other reposition moves, bamboozle not needing a WP is an interesting concept to me im not sure how op that would be.
I think they need to return the WP on milking it and maybe compensate with some bigger numbers....

I am very disappointed with the half-ass rework on panda :/, i rather have the old pandawa back then the current one. I HATE not being able to do anything on my first turn besides drop a barrel and pick it up and maybe throw 1 ally into a better position (wtf is with the -20% resist are you joking me)

Kamchurak is absolutely necessary and they make it a double edge sword with half the range come on how is this a fix...

I may have forgotten what was the original thread about? Um... Yea... Anyways... go Enutrofs!!
This thread needs more john widdin!

0 0
Respond to this thread