FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[New] Fire Pandawa

By IDCAA - MEMBER - February 22, 2012, 06:28:41

Ive delayed this commentary of my 2nd fav class only because of the obvious fact that my 1st love has been reintroduced back into the world of Twelve.

Ill attempt to make this quick and somewhat point form, as I dont wish to delve too much into it, more text makes ppl not wanna read it all unfortunately. (someitmes anyways)

New Changes:
I commend the changes that have been brought to the class via removing the fixated "ball and chain" approach to playing one of these things. Its nice that I can now cast my water spells onto my enemies in order to move forward with my offensive attacks. But....wait.. My Dpt...where has it gone?~

Burning state was our main mode of being able to compensate for the lack of usage for the other skills in the tree, in terms of damage anyways. Those skills while powerful, hadnt really a use in terms of any sort of regular rotation for doing sustainable dmg because of their high AP cost. Burning state however, which was applied by Light My Fire, was a part of our little nitch.

Now, Ive noticed that burning state has been moved to the fire tree's 1st spell, and has been strickened with a measly percentage... but..wait.. HWHY!?? Am I to mimic play like a Sacier? Who by the way, applies both scalding (WITHOUT DIZZY) and gains the flaming state all in the same attack. Now, I make no claim of being the best Fire Pandawa, but I do pride myself in the notion that I can usually come up with some sort of "workable" strategy for a class I play in order to be effective.

Bottom line? We dont have enough AP to make the scalding/flaming style useful. Why has this become our main way of doing useful(?)damage? I knew the changes to this class would come with a dire price, just didnt know you would have taken away such an important aspect of our existence though.

Burning state: Has been moved to the 1st spell, with that horrible chance. Burning state is an accumulative state; the more you keep putting it on, the more powerful it becomes. That was our thing. But now, with this percentage, we lose the stack of any burning state we may inflict, and the dmg is much less than that of the failed attempt at the scalding approach.

(Id revert it back Ankama. Not. useful. at. all.)
(At least put back the 100% on burning.)

But of course, like usual, there is a possibility I could be wrong. And someone might come and say "Hey guy, heres how you can do it you noob." But, Id hope they then ask themsleves, is it sustainable damage, or just something that IS possible when you eventually get 3 more ( yes, 3hree more) AP? If so, then Im open for correction. Providing they're trying to do the scalding approach in 1 turn.

In any case, I currently dont feel the fire tree is worth playing, even more so than its old counter part. The reason it was bearable to be chained to that blasted barrel was because our DPT (damage per turn) was one of the highest in the game, known to me, accompanied by the burning state. Now its just some sort of...well, I'm not really sure..

Okai, so I lied. Its somewhat of a novel. In fact, its not even point form at all. Let me know your findings Fire Pandawa players, maybe I can learn a thing or two.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1581

Eh, I've adjusted to the changes.

Have you considered a Willpower/Crit build?

I have Willpower at 6 and my lvl 18 FB can stack Burning (lvl 36) twice, most times. Could've had more Willpower, but I put some points into Intel, HP, and Dodge. I'm going to continue Willpower to like, 10 or 15, and then focus on Crit.

I find Fire playable. I don't think I can do pure Fire, though, with how the class is now. I still need to apply Dizzy, but I only need one level of it.

Flaming/scalding really shines in groups. I think we have the second highest scalded damage in the game, if allowed to stack three times

I realized early on that LmF + DS was going to be a weak combo. I use DS mainly as an escape (+1 range to DS is actually pretty nice). Instead, I've just focused on playing up our range, hiding behind the barrel, and hitting hard with FB.

0 0
Score : 3709

hmmn, well, that's an interesting build. I imagine the willpower would help with the status ailment, but, would it really boost it to decent levels of status aplications, even with high amounts of points in it? As for the dodge in your build, Id be careful, we dont usually need to get away from our opponents. And its not like when you play a range class such a Eca, Xelor or cra, where you definitely must get away from melee range, on account of you not even being able to cast important spells. If anything, lock is more useful.

That's another thing, never did get the class' bonus either. Why dodge, and not something actually useful in all situations? As it is, when you get your bonus, you probably arent in need of dodge (aka moving away.) Where as say if you had a bonus that gave lock or some kind of buff, it could be used in w/e situation you found yourself in. Anywhoo, thanks for the feedback, Im sure a crit build would work nicely later on, but wont it cut into much more usful stats you need, say elemental dmg, hp and such?

0 0
Score : 4296

As I discussed in another thread, my pure fire build has been this:

- Totally ignore water and earth spells; you don't necessarily need Dizzy, nor the associated bonus fire effects to be strong. I just pretend they don't exist and see the fire branch for what remains: solid range, small AoEs, and some nice mobility options thanks to Dairy Springer.

- 8AP is the way to go. That lets you do Light My Fire x4, or Explosive Flask x2, or Dairy Springer x2. Dairy Springer is great for setting up damage from the rear (though note that the damage seems to be calculated before you move, not from where you land) and has the highest overall damage. I pretty much ignore the other two spells. (Until you get 8AP, just use LMF+EF/DS as a 6AP combo.)

- Forget the barrel; dive straight into Karchamrak, then Sherpa. This allows you to kite more effectively than even a Cra; run around and abuse your range, and when you get backed into a corner, grab your opponent and chuck them into the barrier and run the other way.

- Get some +range gear if you can, as even Dairy Springer has boosted range. Even +1 range can make you really mobile out there. Longer range = easier kiting and longer throws.

- In group play, use Karchamrak to debuff enemies and put them right where you want them. Rescue the Cra when there's a monster in his face, toss squishy monsters into someone's AoE, throw the slow ones into another area code so that you can deal with them later, keep enemies right next to the Sac where you want them, toss the Sram behind the boss's butt, etc etc. With maxed Sherpa you can rack up to -160% worth of resists per turn with 8AP. O_O That's nasty.

The Pros:
- no worrying about your barrel's positioning, how many litres it has left
- lots of mobility and range; fantastic kiting options
- highly supportive in group play; your friends will love you if you do it right

The Cons:
- does not take advantage of dizzy/merry, nor the bonus effects form the fire tree; just try to pretend that they don't exist and you'll feel right as rain
- not as much AoE as water
- not as much damage as earth
- needs 8AP to really shine
- gets hard to choose what to buy after Karchamrak and Sherpa

0 0
Score : 3709

Yeah, lol, actually did a run of Gob dun, with this lvl 10 Pandawa. He made it throgh the whole thing without dying. If he was in danger, he took the thing up and threw it. Ive never laughed so hard in a long time. He would also throw other plays closer to monsters in line for killing. Its definitely a nice way to play in a group setting. I also have the concern that it would someday soon become kind of lack luster? If you werent enjoying it completely that is, and wished to actually start doing some dmg. The main thing is, I dont feel we should be forced to play it this way, even though it does seem fun.

0 0
Score : 1581
IDCAA|2012-02-22 16:27:22
hmmn, well, that's an interesting build. I imagine the willpower would help with the status ailment, but, would it really boost it to decent levels of status aplications, even with high amounts of points in it? As for the dodge in your build, Id be careful, we dont usually need to get away from our opponents. And its not like when you play a range class such a Eca, Xelor or cra, where you definitely must get away from melee range, on account of you not even being able to cast important spells. If anything, lock is more useful.

That's another thing, never did get the class' bonus either. Why dodge, and not something actually useful in all situations? As it is, when you get your bonus, you probably arent in need of dodge (aka moving away.) Where as say if you had a bonus that gave lock or some kind of buff, it could be used in w/e situation you found yourself in. Anywhoo, thanks for the feedback, Im sure a crit build would work nicely later on, but wont it cut into much more usful stats you need, say elemental dmg, hp and such?

I don't know the math behind Willpower. This is a build based on chance, so it's unpredictable. Ideally, pumping Willpower would give me a higher chance of applying states, but there's always going to be that small chance I won't be successful in that.

I agree; Pandas are not a completely ranged class. Although DS and MI (maybe EF) do need a bit of maneuvering to get things into proper range. I do dance around the barrel for defense, and I think dodge has helped me with that.

About the dodge bonus: I do like it for hitting enemies with FB from the back or side. I think the devs see this class as an evasive support class (fire/water, anyway), so dodge does make a little sense there. I do play evasively: I hit everything from afar with MI and EF+LmF while I kite away as much as I can, and when I can go no further, I call up my barrel, apply Dizzy, and hit everything with FB, or play more defensively with DS. I also throw things and run away to create distance from time to time.

Crit doubles the chances to apply fire states, so it goes hand in hand with Willpower, not to mention the nice little damage boost.

I'm just focusing on taking advantage of the Panda's range and status effects; so putting points into HP (especially with the HP nerf) and damage isn't a priority for me. I see this build more as support than damage dealer.
0 0
Respond to this thread