FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Can someone tell us in detail how the Pandawas are changing in the next patch?

By bastuden1 February 03, 2012, 20:36:54

I was wondering if someone here had some detailed info on how they look to change the pandawas in the next coming patch, or at least add a link here, I've heard small things here and there but I'd like some real information please.

0 0
Reactions 21
Score : 5781
Click here

[Excluded] Redesign Pandawa53
January 16, 2012

I send you below a little history on the Pandawa written recently by a game designer Wakfu:

The gameplay of Panda turning exclusively around the barrel did not satisfy me at all. So I made some changes to the history of this class make it more fun, it's still pretty minimal given that it is mainly the balance but it at least has the merit of being fun and playable.

I do not count going into too much detail in this post but would remain available for questions.

Imbibe: Malus resi fire and add fumble.

Drunk: Bonus damage bonus PM to certain levels.

Hangovers: Huge penalties for not more than a single round regardless of the level of state drunk.

On the whole, the industry is not moving earth. Six Roses Only now can be cast with and without roll to avoid traveling with Triple Karma Leet unintentionally when one wants to enter the barrel without having to reach. The bonus granted when we were drunk summers have them reviewed.

The fire branch operates entirely in synergy with the state soaks, each spell applies different states if and only if the target is soaked.

The water industry can now be used without the barrel, however, spells cast on it will do more damage and have an extensive area of ​​effect.

The loss of resistance on Karchamrak dropped to -20% at max lvl.

Aether now different effects on allies and enemies and not be cast on a target, the effects are summarized:
All: Do bloqueplus sight lines
Allies: Can no longer be tackled, stabilized
Enemy: No longer tackle, can not teleport

Dear Rasade disappears in favor of the new spell: Happy Hour. This spell draws cross targets around the barrel.

Sherpa replaces last tour. This spell affects Karchamrak, boosting its scope, removing his line of sight, offsetting the loss of a resident launched an ally and an increase of launched enemy.

Master of intoxication increases dodge the Panda and allows it to regenerate 3% HP each turn if he is drunk.

Aggressive roll now allows the barrel to return some of the damage inflicted on it.

Milky instinct allows the barrel to protect the Panda if the attacker is soaked. At a certain lvl of the spell it always ignites the barrel.

--------------------------

For the french spell names:
Click here

ps. This is a buff.
0 0
Score : 444

I'm not sure what this does for Fire Pandas. How do we soak/splash the targets if Bamboozle (Rasade?) is being replaced? Are we forced to use another tree?

0 0
odbj|2012-02-04 03:56:23
I'm not sure what this does for Fire Pandas. How do we soak/splash the targets if Bamboozle (Rasade?) is being replaced? Are we forced to use another tree?

You're to use water spells.
0 0
Score : 1582

I want to create a Fire Panda. I hope they make this tree less reliant on making opponents dizzy. Maybe they'll increase the base damage. Then making opponents dizzy would not be entirely necessary; it's only to enhance the damage.

0 0
Johnwiddin|2012-02-04 04:28:49

So basically a pure Fire build will remain non-viable. It seems like a horrible design to have a tree REQUIRE you to utilize another tree to be viable.

@Art

I believe that would work also. Boost Fire damage across the board and make Dizzy just add extra oomph/bonuses, so that Dizzying your opponent is a luxury and not a necessity as Fire.
0 0
Score : 1079
odbj|2012-02-04 10:14:41

So basically a pure Fire build will remain non-viable. It seems like a horrible design to have a tree REQUIRE you to utilize another tree to be viable.

@Art

I believe that would work also. Boost Fire damage across the board and make Dizzy just add extra oomph/bonuses, so that Dizzying your opponent is a luxury and not a necessity as Fire.
It isn't a terrible design it is a design that makes you use more strategy.
I have been very successful with a Water/Fire Panda, however not a group character.
0 0
Demodude|2012-02-12 01:06:52
odbj|2012-02-04 10:14:41

@Art

It isn't a terrible design it is a design that makes you use more strategy.
I have been very successful with a Water/Fire Panda, however not a group character.
My point is that you can't really make a viable Fire-only build. It doesn't really make you use more strategy. If you're going to go Fire then you basically MUST also go Water. Removing choice isn't very strategic. Ideally Water/Fire, Fire, and Fire/Earth would be viable, but that's not the case.

Only 1(ish) option for a viable Fire build is lame.
0 0

Every class suffers from the same thing. It's just how it is, one build will always stand above the rest.

0 0
Score : 289

Should we expect these changes to take effect on the update Wednesday? Or is this something that's happening down the line? I wish they would just give us a list of the patch notes >:

0 0
Lionisio|2012-02-13 19:38:08
Should we expect these changes to take effect on the update Wednesday? Or is this something that's happening down the line? I wish they would just give us a list of the patch notes >:

This is one of the things included on Wednesday.

All we know:
Ecaflips being reintroduced
Panda rework
Cra Beacon Rework
Sacriers made tankier

I'm probably forgetting one.
0 0
Score : 318
Johnwiddin|2012-02-13 09:35:28
Every class suffers from the same thing. It's just how it is, one build will always stand above the rest.
Well, that's completely relative. It's all about what's useful in the user's eye. For instance, a Sacrier completely changes depending on what element you pick. It is almost completely necessary to be a tank when you go earth. But for fire and air, you could go pure damage and become a force to be reckoned with.

With fire, you'll pretty much be at 100 angrr for ever and do the most damage in the whole game out of anyone.

With air, you become a super mobile death machine (with a massive, high damaging AoE that DOESN'T DO DAMAGE TO ALLIES) that can't be caught.

It's all about perspective, bro. Open your eyes to every build and every class and truly give them all a chance.
0 0
Score : 89
Maackataack|2012-02-14 08:18:33
Well, that's completely relative. It's all about what's useful in the user's eye. For instance, a Sacrier completely changes depending on what element you pick. It is almost completely necessary to be a tank when you go earth. But for fire and air, you could go pure damage and become a force to be reckoned with.

With fire, you'll pretty much be at 100 angrr for ever and do the most damage in the whole game out of anyone.

With air, you become a super mobile death machine (with a massive, high damaging AoE that DOESN'T DO DAMAGE TO ALLIES) that can't be caught.

It's all about perspective, bro. Open your eyes to every build and every class and truly give them all a chance.

I personally like earth panda's, It just looks like people just don't know what else to do with the class but level it instead of learning how to use xy and z in combat.

Don't get me wrong looking at the water and fire skill tree I can tell how bad they are alone.
0 0
Score : 8558
Zentan|2012-02-14 15:22:25
Maackataack|2012-02-14 08:18:33

I personally like earth panda's, It just looks like people just don't know what else to do with the class but level it instead of learning how to use xy and z in combat.

Don't get me wrong looking at the water and fire skill tree I can tell how bad they are alone.

Yeah, fire and water look bad alone. But then again they will be used more as support with their map manipulation spells (Karchamrak, Happy Hour, Ether) and tactically placing their barrel and buffing it with bottomless barrel, aggressive barrel, and milky instinct so it can last longer and enemies will think twice about attacking it.

This is what I am thinking would be a good build for a Fire/Water Build in the upcoming patch:

Barrel: 0
Karchamrak: 9
Ether: 6
Barrelhop: 0
Happy Hour: 6
Sherpa: 20
Master of Merriment: 0
Bottomless Barrel: 13
Aggressive Barrel: 15
Milky Instinct: 15
0 0
Score : 3709

Its good that there are people willing to look at more than just 1 way to play a class. The thing is, in this game there still isnt really any valid reasons to do that. You either play a class and use what is available to you, or you dont. Current pandawas only have the 1 throwing skill, and its not at all optimal for what anyone might be trying to use it for tactically. Also, stop making excuses for Ankama. I have no proof to say the class is or isnt, but Im pretty sure based on how this thing playes, Its a dmg dealer. It isnt/doesnt seem it ever will be designed to be any sort of "support" in its role. Its a dmg dealer with a slight mobility aspect depending on which tree you use..

We have a 'field manipulator' as ppl call them; I believe theyre called Sacriers. And they do decent dmg for their HP / dmg ratio. They'll either fix this class, or they will flop again. No maybe this or maybe that.

I was under the impression from an older post of these changes from a head dev, that the water spells would be able to be casted on targets, but lack any AOE effect if they arent casted on the barrel. So if you cast a water spell from a current pandawa on an ememy, it will just hit that single enemy. So fires could always maintain dizzy on their target(s).

0 0
Score : 320

Am I the only person playing a pandawa right now who doesn't feel as though there is anything wrong with them?

The changes are welcome - I'm excited for them
But my panda days have been pretty stress free

0 0
PrinnyJeans|2012-02-15 06:40:47
Am I the only person playing a pandawa right now who doesn't feel as though there is anything wrong with them?

The changes are welcome - I'm excited for them
But my panda days have been pretty stress free
What spec is your panda?
0 0
Score : 320

fire/water

which seems severely underpowered since the change

0 0
Score : 1300

I think he meant how your build is. And I agree with it being underpowered, but I've always felt Fire/Water was.

0 0

A pint counter would be awesome. Why don't we have one yet?

Also, Milky Instinct appears to be broken.  

0 0
Respond to this thread