By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

tank pandawa

By Soulhelder - MEMBER - March 09, 2016, 12:31:11

is pandawa tank viable at end-game content? i mean, as a main tank for Ub and dungeons that are easier with a tank?

ps.: the healer pandawa actually worked!this is in case o ppl that commented on my last thread read this one

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 16091

Sadly, no. I don't think a Panda can quite take the kind of punishment the highest level bosses put out, and Panda doesn't have the kind of debuffs people want to see placed on those bosses. Kannilooni hits hard enough that even a Feca needs significant healing support to tank it.

Pandas are, however, perfectly suited to tanking non-boss enemies at end-game. I'm pretty sure a Panda can also put the Arch Monsters in moon in timeout pretty effectively too.

0 0
Score : 2226

A panda can't equal a feca for tanking but I think it could be done.

I play a level 194 panda with pretty good resists (about 70%) and I know he couldn't do it. But I wonder if I put my feca's gear on him and made better use of the earth branch...?

Certainly you'd need support for allies, especially healing and shields (a sadi) to make it work. Also, you'd need to get your lock pretty high. Can you do that with a panda?

It would be fun to try if I had the respec scrolls to burn.

0 0
Score : 16091

Y'know, if someone can pull it off that would be pretty cool to see.

I'll take it back, please try this. Because this sounds like the kind of tank I'd like to see in the game. (Nothing against feca mains.)

A dedicated tanking build might even get some use out of Bambottle, for that extra chunk of lock. (The extra dodge while merry could even be handy for getting into position.. hmmmm)

0 0
Score : 1830

It's awkward in some areas.

They do not get to go into "Tank mode" right off the bat. Of note:

• Consistent Shielding from Six Roses requires some more work than other classes that can shield (15 stacks of Dizzy, which is either 15 AP worth of spells, or 2 turns of the enemy being with 2 cells of the Barrel at the start of your turn + 2 AP to summon Barrel + 4 AP to cast Six Roses vs a simple cast of the shielding spell another class can do). There will be cases that you will forgo applying Dizzy in order to move allies/enemies around. One of the fun things is that you can have more than one application of Six Roses, but in practicality, how often does it happen?
  • The state you want to go in to tank requires 2 full turns of waiting to achieve.
  • Tanking state only lasts a set amount of turns.

As Gelgy pointed out, the Pandawa lacks debuffs (they only have two: Flaming Burp, which requires Dizzy, and Lactic Acid's MP reduction). Now if they have a Damage Reduction/Offensive debuffs....

Another problem is Dizzy consumption. You need to choose between having a ~2k+ shield for the price of 4 AP (at 15 stacks of Dizzy) or reducing the target's resistance score by at 105 (at 15 stacks) and have your allies potentially finish the monster off before its next turn starts.

The Pandawa will need assistance, protection wise or enemy debuff wise.

A Sadiddilydooda to shield and another Pandawa to quickly boost Dizzy....
0 0
Score : 2462

I have a tank panda that is currently level 185. He still has some pretty crappy gear but can already reach 1080 lock, 70 block, and has 70% base res (without lucloak and a lot of other good gear that he needs).

Is it as good of a tank as feca?

Absolutely not.

But frankly I consider the feca to be way too easy and too powerful. Panda is more of a challenge, and it is more fun due to its ability to do more than just facetank enemies. Throwing allies and enemies around is incredibly useful in many of the dungeons, and as a pure tank panda is more than good enough for Past and below content.

0 0
Score : 193

My 186 Panda is my tank and he works well and imo it's a totally viable way of building your drunken Kung Fu waitress.

He can tank HC Robowl and Steelbeak just fine (ofc SB is harder than with a feca tank, you need someone with MP reduce in team to keep him fully locked or waste AP on picking the boss up for a lactic throw..), and can basically create a boot camp inside the middle of a group of moon mobs without dropping in HP.

I'd go as far as to say: For the majority of situations, if a Sacrier can do the job, then a well geared Panda(mine is still wearing lvl 150ish gear, he doesn't count -.-) can too, it might just require the rest of your team to be adequately strong and adapt to it.

0 0
Score : 2226

*applause* to both of you for doing something awesome with panda

0 0
Score : 378

I think probably a panda/sadi combo could accomplish most of what makes Feca so wanted, but then at the cost of taking up two slots. There are a couple advantages though, better positioning with panda, sadi can also function as the healer etc.

I mean easiest of course is just to get a feca to do everything but I think having it split makes for more strategy and more balance XD

0 0
Score : 521

I did some research at pandawa passives, and i guess i can make it work perfectly, for a couple reasons;

1st.; tanking pandawas have some greatselfheal for a tanking class,; 2% mashp healed p/ turn

2nd.; in tanking stance you get a bonus 20 block, so you can get some other statuses on your gear

3rd.; i can get back to the "tanking state" in a single turn

4rd.; barrel takes 20% of the damage.

so, if i focus more on selfheal and a medium mitigation i should be able to tank end-game bosses just fine, yet it will take some work to get the hang of things

0 0
Score : 338

Tank panda in the respec room! Of course, these are in-fight stats, res is about halfway runed, and otherwise missing around 20 res from ring slots.
I don't use her as a main tank - mostly just built her tanky so that she could do any positioning job at any time with zero fear of where she herself ends up, knowing that she can take a hit. I like it! I think with team support panda could function as a main tank, their passives are quite nice for the job.
0 0
Score : 1517

I use a panda as a main tank too. I find it isnt quite as good at the damage mitigation as say a feca but between dizzy stacks with six roses and bamboozle as well as controlling your states well (worn out etc..) and making sure to get the resist and lock buffs from barrel bash you can build a pretty substantial shield each turn. They do however have better map manipulation than a feca in my opinion. I do though agree that they are not as easy mode as a feca who has 2 spells that either make you entirely invulnerable or mostly invulnerable from active class spells and other direct cast shield spells from elemental spells.

0 0
Score : 193

My Panda, with mediocre, mostly lvl 150ish items, can main tank Steelbeak just fine, very little to no healing needed (but you need someone else with MP removal or waste quite a bit on lactic throw each turn so he doesn't move), as well as sit indefinitely in the middle of a whole group of kanni mobs. The damage reduction panda has is actually really high with pandemic, bamboozle, worn out stats, bash barrel and six roses shields, as well as getting lots of lock for free and nice life reg through bottomless barrel and 15 dizzy consumption.

I think he really shines if you have a second Panda in team, who can also provide dizzy stacks to the enemies, but works without as well.

As for any content below that, yeah you can also definitely tank things like Dragon Pig and dungeon bosses with a Panda quite easily.

0 0
Score : 1830

Took the dust of my Pandawa, set my Feca's current gear on him, and went out to have fun. Managed to nearly match my Feca's resist after all is applied.

Generating a shield of ~1354 at 8 stacks (2540 at 15 stacks) with Six Roses. This at lvl 175.

I can confirm that Pandawas can take hits. Maybe not like a Feca, but it can.

Now if I can bother actually restating him into a proper tank...
0 0
Score : 868

Hi guys,

just wanted to res this thread.

I have a tank panda (180) and so far he seems viable for the moon dungeons and steal beak, just very inefficient in comparison to a feca.

3 key issues:

- provoking mobs like a feca, steel beak has 450 dodge (please correct if wrong, off memory) and 1/3 of the time he will dodge roll off even with 1200+ lock (barrel bash/flaming) just to try to attack allies instead of focusing damage on panda (can't - MP every turn, thanks hypermoevment). meaning he gains damage buff. Can we get a universal active spell for this? it would make other class tanks viable past feca. As steel beak uses a feather push to move himself away from feca stopping him getting the damage buff and damage is focused on feca 90% of the time.

- positioning bosses, moon dungeons none of the bosses can be carried (please correct if they can be carried after phase change). meaning Croc and kannibal dung you need something to teleport boss to the wall.

- stupid damage mechanics endgame (10k damage anyone), when koko nuts explode in close combat with bamboozle (86% resistance 90%block and a 4+k shield) and you are left with 3, 000/12, 000. Avoidable 90% of the time, but seriously why do they hit so hard do they just ignore all stats.

SCO

0 0
Score : 8231

Tank pandawa isn't realistic, but probably the most efficient way to do it would be to have a second, RANGED pandawa to use the spell 'Milk Fountain' to put dizzy on the boss for six roses armor, and dizzy on the tank pandawa to heal them with 'Milk Wave' later. I used to play 2 pandawas at the same time and it's pretty legit.

0 0
Respond to this thread