FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Air Sac +dodge not working?

By TheSubrosianMan April 02, 2012, 08:47:57

So for the past couple of days, I have not been all but unable to break lock with monsters, to the point where it's starting to feel that something isn't working. This is pretty recent, since one of the hotfixes.

For the record, I'm an Air Sacrier, so while I have 0 dodge on my gear, I typically end up having about 300+ dodge and a 95% chance to break lock against almost anything after I'm done using my spells and try to move. The problem is, I never do. STATISTICALLY, this is possible. Possible, but improbable enough that I'm beginning to think it's more likely that something isn't working properly.

I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this problem however, so I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's sort of gotten forgotten amidst the whole LS debacle. Have any other Air Sacs noticed the same thing?

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 1113

I feel like I've had this problem for awhile actually, ever since I first made my air sac (a week or so after release of the game). I pretty sure a few other people have mentioned it on the forum.

0 0
Score : 381
Monkeyshizzy|2012-04-02 12:19:57
I feel like I've had this problem for awhile actually, ever since I first made my air sac (a week or so after release of the game). I pretty sure a few other people have mentioned it on the forum.

This is definitely a recent change for me. I used to be able to break lock with ease, but in the past couple of days, I've only broken a lock about five times.
0 0
Score : 112

I've come to learn not to trust my dodge.

95% = 50%, really.

0 0
Score : 2318

It is broken and has been since release

0 0
Score : 467

you never get past 95%
there are days when i never get locked, then one fight i will get locked three times.
Its random numbers people, I understand the feeling, but I think its working as intended.
Youre an air sac.... there are PLENTY of ways to avoid lock checks in general.

You think the dice toss is bad on that? play an Eca XD
DoQ % FTW!

0 0
illRoy|2012-04-02 22:30:59
you never get past 95%
there are days when i never get locked, then one fight i will get locked three times.
Its random numbers people, I understand the feeling, but I think its working as intended.
Youre an air sac.... there are PLENTY of ways to avoid lock checks in general.

You think the dice toss is bad on that? play an Eca XD
DoQ % FTW!

Yes, I realize that it can't go higher than 95%. I also realize that the human brain takes greater notice of statistical outliers, making them SEEM more likely than they actually are. But we're not talking "I get locked too often." We're talking "I get locked. EVERY. TIME. I never broke a single lock yesterday, I haven't today. That's over a hundred 95% chances to break lock failed, and this has been going for days and days. As I said, this is statistically possible, but so improbable that it's much safer to assume it's a bug.

It also definitely USED to work for me. I used to almost never get locked. Not since the last batch of Hotfixes, though.

Rejectattoo also isn't always an option; I don't focus on damage, I focus on using my abilities to corral groups of enemies into small spots so that they can be AE'd down effectively. Every Rejectattoo I am forced to use is 3 AP down the drain that I can't use to properly position things.
0 0
Score : 173

Its definitely bugged, not sure if completely or partly.
Lately i've been playing by the rule that the dodge you gain in a turn doesnt apply until next one.
Feel's like i'm breaking lock more often this way.

So if it's not broken, its just registering your new dodge value at start of turn.

0 0
Score : 115

Ive had many PvP fights where I initially have 27% chance to dodge. I assault, sac fist twice, resulting in 95%. Ive had about 8 of those during the fight, and not one of them resulted in me being able to move. I have been locked every single time. I would agree its bugged.

What Skion said seems to be the most likely cases of how the dodge mechanics of the air sac skills work (and make the most sense).

0 0
Skion-|2012-04-03 04:44:24
Its definitely bugged, not sure if completely or partly.
Lately i've been playing by the rule that the dodge you gain in a turn doesnt apply until next one.
Feel's like i'm breaking lock more often this way.

So if it's not broken, its just registering your new dodge value at start of turn.

The only problem with this is that at this point I'm using most or all of my AP/MP and THEN trying to move, because I assume I will be locked, and still getting locked. If I end every turn with 300 dodge, this should only affect the very first turn, but my inability to break lock is consistent throughout the entirety of the fight. So the +dodge I'm getting from my spells doesn't seem to be applying on either the turn I get it or the turn after.
0 0
Score : 3547

it isn't working, two days ago i posted about it in the general discussion part of the forum.

After some testing my avg dodge percentage was around 92%, however I only dodged about 40% of the time

0 0
Score : 173

This should really be forwarded to the devs, without dodge there is not much reason left to play an air sacrier.

0 0
Score : 3547

idk if it will be, I'm not too sure if the se people check these sub forums

0 0
Score : 3

The mods really need to look into this problem.

0 0
Score : 1767
posted this in bug section

could use more support from you air sacs to help provide input to bump thread so we can get some progress on this

i don't understand it much myself other than the 95% or w/e tooltip it says is clearly not displaying the correct chance.

if i have time i usually check the mobs lock before i make an attempt to move but for fast grind groups this sucks if your trying to get the speed bonuses.
0 0
Respond to this thread