FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Changes Coming (updated)

By Jabin - MEMBER - February 20, 2012, 19:16:14
Reactions 46
Score : 1034

The thing that perhaps concerned me most about the new information is that you can level up a passive that automatically stabilizes you, if I am reading that right.
Yeah, that's not going to be abused at all.

0 0
Score : 842
IamIsaacqwerty|2012-02-23 00:55:22
The thing that perhaps concerned me most about the new information is that you can level up a passive that automatically stabilizes you, if I am reading that right.
Yeah, that's not going to be abused at all.
It's not a passsive. It's a 1 WP spell that gives a nice %hp shield and with the coming changes (if they go through) 60 lock and stabilized state.

We dont' know yet if that state will only come at max lvl or some point along the way. Ether way it costs 1wp so not really OP
0 0
Score : 1180

I would hope and assume that the stabilize effect comes at max level of the Dermarok specialty. If a sac is going for a more damage route and not upping dermarok they should not get the tasty bonus that is stabilize.

I don't see this being OP for one reason. Yes you could very wel stabilize every round for 6 rounds. While Srams can create a double that deals damage and can lock and explode on death up to 6 times. Both can seem OP if you want to look at it that way. BUt there is a limit of 6 times and to hit that max limit you are not using ANY other WP based skills.

And given the way an earth sac has to fight in both PVP and PVE you are already going to be using WP for sacrifices, smashers/punishment depending on build and lightspeed for those big gaps that we have all had to close in one turn.

I can see Lightspeed and Dermarok being a great closer now that we can't be pushed away. Honestly us being able to be pushed away so easily has never made sense to me. People always say Sac have oodles of lock and hp but if you havent played high level sac in PVP or PVE then you really dont understand that we NEED that stuff.

In PvE especially, it is our job to take hits FOR YOU!! If we don't have more HP than other people then there is no way we would be able to handle this task. As for lock in PVE it has been helpful and people I have grouped with whether they have noticed it or not I can keep mobs locked down quite easily and that helps a lot in dungeons and just regular xp farming.

In PVP up til now our lock has meant nothing at all. Every class has a get out of lock free card. Whether it be a push or a teleport of somekind. IE Fear, Tempus Fugit, Rejectattoo etc. So stabilize should be something that we can bring into play so we can actually fulfill our role of locking people down in PVP. Any good sac in group pvp will be sacrificing his team mates anyway so you will not be seeing full 6 time use of dermarok stabilize anyway. Plus the people that have a teleport out of trouble skill such as cras or xelors have nothing to worry about.

The nerf coming to Bloodpact is a good step towards balance, as was the integration of dermarok and the further (If it actually comes to fruition) stabilization it will add.

Also making rocky tattoo(skin) or whatever they will be calling it after launch adding the % bonus to dermarok through every skill will help adjust for the bloodpact nerf IF you are actually trying to fulfill the tank role. I can see with 8AP Colonnades + Rocky Foot beign a great tank combo. 9% HP buffer there with the new mechanics.

I really hope they add some more flavor to fire and air though. Air after patch seems kind of meh, I like that motion sickness is in the air tree that frees up a LOT of points for air sacs to do other things. Whether that be max Attraction or Transposition for utter control mastery or spec some tank skills. But really the skills need something aside from nimble.

Fire... I understand why bangrrrang is gone because of the way angrrr works now but really. Why not take the route of panda and give us some effects. The effects could be a % chance or guaranteed kind of like the flaming and scalded we get on our one fire AoE.

Adding blind or explosions or burning to them would make fire sacs happier I think. Just a little something to give them a little more damage after all FIre is supposed to be the damage tree for sacs. The adjustment of Punishment to 1WP is a nice step but still feel the fire spells themselves need some effects.

Just some thoughts on my part. You guys have any ideas for air spell effects aside from nimble cuz really . everything they have adds nimble and as air you aren't really worried about getting locked any way since you can push or tele or jump. It would be cool if when we are stabilized sac fist would bring enemy to us instead of us to them just an idea.

Your Angrrry Friend,

Ire Surge

1 0
Score : 1319

Since I've never used it what exactly is stabilize?

0 0
Score : 1080
Zayri|2012-02-22 22:28:12
Hopefully we'll be able to shield our team as well as a Feca can with there new system. Even thought I'm sure thats going to get changed again quite a bit.

Really doubt this will ever happen.

Quote (Zayri @ 2012-02-23 14:00:23)

"This state makes the effected creature immune to being unable to Teleport and being pulled, pushed or carried during their turn." Wiki 
0 0
Score : 1319
LostTranquility|2012-02-23 18:15:48
Zayri|2012-02-22 22:28:12
Hopefully we'll be able to shield our team as well as a Feca can with there new system. Even thought I'm sure thats going to get changed again quite a bit.

Really doubt this will ever happen.

Quote (Zayri @ 2012-02-23 14:00:23)

"This state makes the effected creature immune to being unable to Teleport and being pulled, pushed or carried during their turn." Wiki
I sure hope it does. I'll be sticking with Earth Sac but I do want to be viable still.I mean if they want to make us a Tank they need to make us at least on par with other classes that can do the same. I feel feca should be more of an offtank buffer class.
0 0
Score : 1080

Well I mean I don't see them making our shield work on anyone other then us because the point of the earth sac is to lock something down and force it to attack you because it can't get away. That imo is why Stability has shown up and why they're buffing the shields ability to stack higher.

0 0
Respond to this thread