FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Changes Coming (updated)

By Jabin - MEMBER - February 20, 2012, 19:16:14

Here is the DEV post on french forum
Click here

The FR post was updated by the DEV again. Here is my version of the changes using google translate and my limited french (and a few years of this sort of thing from Dofus)

Angrr.
A Tooltip will be added to explain the rules and give you your current bonus. The bonus will be rebalanced to 0.75% per point of angrrr. Player now reach 100% angrr (with max Angrr skill) when you have 10% life, not 0% as is currently the case.

NOTE: The following values ​​are subject to change in the coming days.

Branch Fire

All critical damage suffered by the sacrier through his spells will be reduced by 50%.

Cage of Blood and Blood Rush will have increased damage:

• Blood Rush : -4 -> -50 (-6 -> -75 critical)
  • Cage of Blood : -3 -> -45 (- 4.5 -> -67.5 critical)

Bloodlust

will no longer limiting target per turn and its effect can now boost the damage of the next Fire spell by 10%

Punishment
will cost no more than 1 WP but the damage will be slightly less (this damage could still
change
wink:
  • Punishment: -5 -> -75 / -9 -> -135 if less than pv (critical: -10 -> -150 / -18 - -> if less than -270 pv) When you crit a fire spell it will cause 50% less damage to you.

Air Branch
  • RejectTattoo : -2 -> -35 (critical: -3 -> -52)
  • Scaier's Fist : -4 -> 42 (critical: -6.8 -> -71.4)
  • Assault : -3 -> -37 (critical: -4.5 -> -55)
  • Motion sickness : range reduced to 1-5. damage changed to -3 -> -20 (Critical: -5 -> -34). Motion sickness remains active until the beginning of the next round of sacrier. The state now has a sickness level 30 instead of 20.
  • Light Speed: -8 -> -100 (critical: -16 -> -200)

Branch Land
We will improve the description of the state Dermarok to explain its effects better (% of HP based on temporary HP max). Dermarok The name was changed to "Coagulation".

• Lethal Slingshot: (20 -> 40%) Chance of causing MP loss. No longer adds the incurable state.
  • Colonnade : Decreased damage. first row 4 -> 60. Second row 3 -> 56
  • Smasher: Decreased damage. -7 -> -105.

Specialities

• Dermarok : renamed Spell Armor blood. It now gives (in addition to the six percent to dermarok) 60 tackles and "stabilization" state.
  • Transfer of life : A graphic effect will be added to that we see better the effect of the spell.
  • Sacrifice : A graphic effect will be added to the target of sacrifice.
  • Clinging to Life : When death is near the active sacrier will be surrounded by the old graphic effect Overpower.
  • Angrr: Showing second lvl of multi arm showing was a bug.
  • Blood Pact : It will be slightly decreased . Ally bonus will go from 12% to 6% per
  • Stone Skin : Will be renamed "Blood tattooed". Its effect is as follows -> adds two levels to each application of the state Dermarok (ie 6 levels after doing 2x rocky foot).
0 0
Reactions 46
Score : 2389
Click here

this is the ACTUAL link to the thread in question.
0 0
Score : 480

So the already unplayable air gets more nerfs, fire gets more power, and we all suffer a blood pact nerf.

-throws up hands-
done with sac should these go through.

0 0
Score : 3548

airs damage isn't terrible, its not that bad at all, it just sucks because air equips in the game aren't too great as a whole

0 0
Score : 842
Geist1|2012-02-20 19:36:16
So the already unplayable air gets more nerfs, fire gets more power, and we all suffer a blood pact nerf.

-throws up hands-
done with sac should these go through.

In one of the replies in the thread the DEV says the order of damage for the specs should ultimately be
Fire
Air
Earth
0 0
Score : 480
b-baller|2012-02-20 19:38:30
airs damage isn't terrible, its not that bad at all, it just sucks because air equips in the game aren't too great as a whole
I'm not going to debate on how broken air sac is at this point. I'd just like to point out that they justified the changes to air sac's damage by stating we aren't meant to have high damage (not like air damage was high to the point of imbalance before but w/e) and were meant to tank. Fair play to ankama if this is what they want to do but the take away here is that now they're screwing with all sac's hp-crucial for tanking. Also, full launch is coming. If there was going to be this many back and forth changes to sac, wouldn't it have made sense to be doing it along the way? At this point sacs aren't going to be able to invest in a planned build come launch because with this many new tweaks there's bound to be further mechanic breaking changes to come.

I don't mean to sound bitter, but I am, so that's how it comes across.
0 0
Score : 1808

Why the f' is this left up to a horrible translator, and why isn't someone employed by Ankama translating this?

Edit: All I have to say to this is if Sacrier's Air tree is going to be nerfed in damage, then Feca's resistance needs a GD over-haul to be a base that does not progress based on level because as stands Feca can pull way more mitigation, utility, and mobility without damage suffering.

0 0
LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-20 19:55:23
Why the f' is this left up to a horrible translator, and why isn't someone employed by Ankama translating this?
It's not official, it's just the discussion in the class forum between the dev and the community. Many of the changes will probably make it into the next patch but until they are finalized i wouldn't expect SE to translate everything said on the french forums.

Like it or not this game is developed by a french company and most of the "real" community interaction is in french. I'm sure SE-Derek is passing along info from here but it's not the same as speaking to the devs in their native tongue.

You should realize though that the french players have pretty much the same issues so it's not like we are competing with them.

I don't speak french but after played Dofus since 2006 i am accustomed to checking french forums through google chrome.
0 0
Score : 3548
Geist1|2012-02-20 19:54:21
I'm not going to debate on how broken air sac is at this point. I'd just like to point out that they justified the changes to air sac's damage by stating we aren't meant to have high damage (not like air damage was high to the point of imbalance before but w/e) and were meant to tank. Fair play to ankama if this is what they want to do but the take away here is that now they're screwing with all sac's hp-crucial for tanking. Also, full launch is coming. If there was going to be this many back and forth changes to sac, wouldn't it have made sense to be doing it along the way? At this point sacs aren't going to be able to invest in a planned build come launch because with this many new tweaks there's bound to be further mechanic breaking changes to come.

You make good points, and I agree their reasons for messing with the tree aren't good. I felt it was fine the way it was, and if anything could possibly use a bit more because of the lack of hp that could come from air equips.

Keep in mind though that dofus still makes changes that make a build viable/not viable years after its release.
That is a very good question, I may just eventually try to take everything off that french forum, and try to turn it to english using various translators. But my one answer that has stuck with me is that, Ankama doesn't have to, so they didn't.
0 0
Score : 1319

Can someone put this into a more digestible form?

Fire damage is going up?
Air is going down
Earth isnt really getting changed much damage wise

Blood pact HP getting cut down to 6% from allies as opposed to 12%. That is what I gathered I couldn't really get the specifics.

How much HP will max blood pact cut down to then with a full HP build then?

0 0
Score : 1808
Geist1|2012-02-20 19:54:21
b-baller|2012-02-20 19:38:30

Ofcourse Ankama is going to NERF BLOOD PACT'S ALLY PERCENTAGE. Holy math batman.

6 players are a product of 12% of the Sacrier's Maxmium HP.

6 * .12 = .72 or 72%

6 * .06 = .36 or 36%

On top of a 20% increase to health already is over powered bro, though if this nerf does happen, then the loss of hp when a player dies needs to be cut in half as well because if anyone hasn't noticed 72 divided by 2 is 36, and keeping a 20% loss in health with the percentage reduction is not GD proportionate.

Dude this is more than fair, but the problem lies in the compensation, and gutting Air's damage is not the answer, if anything Air needs a BUFF in SOMETHING.

Be bitter, question the status quo, have passion, and be angry because only fcking sheep think it's wrong to never have a voice or challenge the norms. Change is never pretty.

Jabin|2012-02-20 20:03:03
It's not official, it's just the discussion in the class forum between the dev and the community. Many of the changes will probably make it into the next patch but until they are finalized i wouldn't expect SE to translate everything said on the french forums.

Like it or not this game is developed by a french company and most of the "real" community interaction is in french. I'm sure SE-Derek is passing along info from here but it's not the same as speaking to the devs in their native tongue.

You should realize though that the french players have pretty much the same issues so it's not like we are competing with them.

I don't speak french but after played Dofus since 2006 i am accustomed to checking french forums through google chrome.

I'm not hating on you, but information like this by a developer is pretty damn important to the community regardless of nationality.

There better be an in-game respec mechanic because no fcking way am I paying to retest this many GD changes, or TEST for that matter.

If Ankama turns testing into a perpetual tedious grind, or something to profit from I'm fcking out after a year.

Ready, steady, rage.
0 0

So Smasher is getting changed to apply new effects on a chance instead of incurable but we dont know what the new effects are?

Edit: To the above I'm sure Feca's are going to get changed quite a bit too before release.

0 0

Once the game goes live there will more than likely be a Test Server where changes will be made and reviewed BEFORE they go to live. We are basically just playing on the test server now and this is why changes come often and seemingly random.

In Dofus it's normal for changes on the Test Server to be adjusted up and down or change entirely before coming to the live server.

LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-20 20:09:17
loss of hp when a player dies needs to be cut in half as well because if anyone hasn't noticed 72 divided by 2 is 36, and keeping a 20% loss in health with the percentage reduction is not GD proportionate.
Later in the thread other people ask this and the DEV says yes the amount you lose when w player dies will also go down.
0 0
Score : 2021

The only change I support was the thing about 50% damage to the sacrier when using the fire skill...makes me unsure whether to go earth or fire now. BUT, everything else was completely un-called for, and unfair. Air tree was weak enough, so you nerf it? Come on. And now blood pact seems rather useless to me unless you have a huge party with you.

0 0
Score : 1080

Most international games have two versions of the game. The first is the one in the home country which is filled with the latest and greatest version of the game. The second is the version outside the home country which is a few releases behind.

In this case we are on the same version as the French community. I'd rather be getting the latest and greatest like they are then being behind a few patches and not having the Dev's take our comments into factor when they make class changes, because our comments wouldn't matter for *** in a version that is outdated.

Suck up the terrible/lack of translation. Know that Ankama is making balancing changes. Stop your GD crying you sissies we are Sacs. When you get hit with a nerf you get pissed off, suck it up, and when you get a buff you beat the *** outa someone in excitement. You endure because you love the class not because we are over powered and do ridiculous dmg like a Sram. They're trying their best to balance *** and at the end of the day you'll either still be a Sac or you won't.

0 0
Score : 48
LostTranquility|2012-02-20 22:43:08
Most international games have two versions of the game. The first is the one in the home country which is filled with the latest and greatest version of the game. The second is the version outside the home country which is a few releases behind.

In this case we are on the same version as the French community. I'd rather be getting the latest and greatest like they are then being behind a few patches and not having the Dev's take our comments into factor when they make class changes, because our comments wouldn't matter for *** in a version that is outdated.

Suck up the terrible/lack of translation. Know that Ankama is making balancing changes. Stop your GD crying you sissies we are Sacs. When you get hit with a nerf you get pissed off, suck it up, and when you get a buff you beat the *** outa someone in excitement. You endure because you love the class not because we are over powered and do ridiculous dmg like a Sram. They're trying their best to balance *** and at the end of the day you'll either still be a Sac or you won't.

You can't rightly "Love the class" when they change entire mechanics/playstyles of said class. Then it's not rightly the same class. You do have a right to voice your complaint on said changes, this is what happens in every game to hopefully improve the final balancing.
Hopefully they'll bother listening to some of the Sac community and review their "balancing" of the air branch, because in the big picture of the game the changes that have gone through already and have been mentioned here, in regards to the air branch, make absolutely no sense.
0 0
  • Light Speed: -8 -> -100 (critical: -16 -> -200)
  • Motion sickness : range reduced to 1-5. damage reduced to -3 -> -20 (Critical: -5 -> -34). Motion sickness remains active until the beginning of the next round of sacrier. The state now has a sickness level 30 instead of 20.
  • Dermarok : renamed Spell Armor blood. It now gives (in addition to the six percent to dermarok) 60 tackles and "stabilization" state.
  • Stone Skin : Will be renamed "Blood tattooed". Its effect is as follows -> adds two levels to each application of the state Dermarok (ie 6 levels after doing 2x rocky foot).

These things look the most interesting to me. Looks like light speed got a HUGE damage buff.
Stone Skin stacking up charges gives some use to Rocky foot spam and as people get more AP it scales up the shield due to extra attacks. very nice.
Motion sickness being usable by the whole team could be interesting to with other classes that can move people.
Dermarok could be a handy spell lvl'd for fire to use to keep someone still and give them a buffer when they are going to use punishment.
Earth damage got nerfed but gains even more suvivability which is interesting.
0 0

What were the old earth values? Only the two bigger moves got nerfed. I really like the new stone skin change. With 9AP can get up to around a 9-10% shield each turn just using earth moves.

0 0
Zayri|2012-02-21 19:26:35
What were the old earth values? Only the two bigger moves got nerfed. I really like the new stone skin change. With 9AP can get up to around a 9-10% shield each turn just using earth moves.
At work so can't login to see (and wiki pages are still more than 1 patch behind). I THINK smasher was about 150 non crit at 100
0 0

If it was 150 that is a big nerf 1/3rd of its damage removed. I thought it was more around the mid 130s when maxed but I'm also at work so can't check that or the stomp.

0 0
Respond to this thread