FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

there MAY be hope for air sac

By Sheiros February 17, 2012, 00:52:14

there are armor sets and stuff to give movement point. i realized that you only need to move back 2 spaces from close combat to fully utilize motion sickness's potential. which is easy to come by when you use a full tofu set. if you save your points till level 20 you can get 1 point into mp for those times when you need a stronger set.

after you get that movement point, i guess it would be best if you invested in hp or something for blood pact. also for a weapon, a bow seems like a good idea for when you cant get into a line of sight.

either way more mp is ALWAYS good for an air sacrier. from what i know you can get at least 3 extra movement points via skill points and armor set for a total of 6. i guess it was just overlooked a bit. as for the angrr issue for light speed, theres still not much hope for it other than using it as an escape. for when you get cornered.

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 3

I seem to be doing fine damage as an air sac though my damage all comes from motion sickness, which I hate mind you. Even with base mp and ap you're allowed three motion sickness and one assault. Now for the sake of argument I'm going to use the unmodified max damage on each ability, by the way if anyone disagrees with me or has a better rotation I would love to hear it. In any case three motion sickness at 19 damage each gives you 57, adding in assault gives you an extra 37, and then of course you have the bonus damage of motion sickness with gives a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 36 depending on how far away the enemy is. So in other words,

19(3) + 37 + 12-36= 106-130 per turn with a full combo.

To put this in perspective, also keep in mind this is following the same rules listed above, two blood rushes is 90 damage, three bloodthirsty fury should be around 110 (I'm not sure if the damage bonus stacks) and a punishment while you're at lower health is 150. In all I would say the damage is comparable and I've seen multiple sets that give movement in case you need to get into range of your opponent. In all I don't see the damage of air sac lacking all that much and the primary ability (motion sickness) is a ranged ability so you can still hit people who move from melee range.

That being said, I hate more or less spamming one ability to do all of my damage. I really wish they would rework the abilities to give them something unique. Give sacrier's fist extra damage for being farther away from the target, increase the scaling on collision damage for reject tattoo, lower the base damage of assault and give it a built in motion sickness, just have a reason to actually use all of the abilities that they give you in your tree. To be honest this is what I'm disappointed about in air sac.

0 0
Score : 480

You can probably still make air work if you really feel like you must. When I started beta in January the general consensus was that air sac sucked and despite popular opinion I think I did fine on it. If you think about it we've lost motion sick as our primary use of wp and with light speed now requiring angrr, and thus being even more unwieldy, I don't see air sacs using it much either. This frees up wp for dermarock. I suppose that at the cost of some damage we've gained some survivability.

I still don't see the point in playing air now and will probably be playing earth. What irritates me the most about all of this is that they waited until the last patch of open beta to completely change class mechanics on sac. Seems that at this point changes would be minor tweaks and not a complete reworking of the class.

0 0
Score : 1350

im too stuborn to play as any other branch.

@geist

if you get a set with +1 mp or invest in 1 mp through stat points, and if you get one ap item, you can do this rotation

motion>assault>motion> assault. the damage should look like this with maxed skills
19+(37+36)+19+(37+36)=184.

this is because with 4 mp, if you're in close combat range, you can take two steps back and still have enough mp for two motion sicknesses.

0 0
Score : 357

Problem with Air build is mobs keep moving around. If it's too close, you need to distance to maintain the max dmg from Motion Sickness. Of course, you spend MP to get the distance. Some mobs keep moving to melee range, while some others love to run around you, and you need to get into Vertical&Horizontal as well.

0 0
Score : 1080

Air has issues no doubt and imo it's really a support spec then anything else. I can't see it's damage being viable all by itself. I couldn't see it being viable before either tho. It's damage was always low compared to Fire/Earth. With the changes to light speed it makes maneuvering around a bit more of a pain in the ass.

I can't understand the desire to go Air sac over Earth or Fire. What was so great about Air before that makes you guys still want to be Air now?

0 0
LostTranquility|2012-02-20 09:38:12
Air has issues no doubt and imo it's really a support spec then anything else. I can't see it's damage being viable all by itself. I couldn't see it being viable before either tho. It's damage was always low compared to Fire/Earth. With the changes to light speed it makes maneuvering around a bit more of a pain in the ass.

I can't understand the desire to go Air sac over Earth or Fire. What was so great about Air before that makes you guys still want to be Air now?
like i said having 4 mp minimum would still work. and if you look at the rotation i use it still does good base damage. with gear and a good air weapon bonus you can dish out a lot of damage. motion sickness does damage now along WITH the motion sickness effect. and now its 12 damage per cell moved. its definately strong. you just need the movement points which isnt hard to get. as for angrr, your first lightspeed should be used to escape anyway when things get too heated.

you only need to get hit a couple times. lets be realistic here. you're still a sacrier so you must expect to get hit. air sacrier isnt very good at kiting cept against things that only have 3 mp and who are strictly close combat. if you could pull off 5 movement points and 8 ap you could do very good damage and im sure its possible.

the only real issue im having with sacrier right now is that rejectoo is more or less useless now. it only pushes back 1 cell. if it pushed back two it would be pretty good for comboing with assault and motion sickness.
0 0
Score : 48
LadonAltair|2012-02-18 06:23:16
I seem to be doing fine damage as an air sac though my damage all comes from motion sickness, which I hate mind you. Even with base mp and ap you're allowed three motion sickness and one assault. Now for the sake of argument I'm going to use the unmodified max damage on each ability, by the way if anyone disagrees with me or has a better rotation I would love to hear it. In any case three motion sickness at 19 damage each gives you 57, adding in assault gives you an extra 37, and then of course you have the bonus damage of motion sickness with gives a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 36 depending on how far away the enemy is. So in other words,

19(3) + 37 + 12-36= 106-130 per turn with a full combo.

To put this in perspective, also keep in mind this is following the same rules listed above, two blood rushes is 90 damage, three bloodthirsty fury should be around 110 (I'm not sure if the damage bonus stacks) and a punishment while you're at lower health is 150. In all I would say the damage is comparable and I've seen multiple sets that give movement in case you need to get into range of your opponent. In all I don't see the damage of air sac lacking all that much and the primary ability (motion sickness) is a ranged ability so you can still hit people who move from melee range.

That being said, I hate more or less spamming one ability to do all of my damage. I really wish they would rework the abilities to give them something unique. Give sacrier's fist extra damage for being farther away from the target, increase the scaling on collision damage for reject tattoo, lower the base damage of assault and give it a built in motion sickness, just have a reason to actually use all of the abilities that they give you in your tree. To be honest this is what I'm disappointed about in air sac.

This is most likely my biggest problem, is lack of purpose for all the ablities. Before, I'd make use of them all depending on the situation and could do a decent bit of damage via the way Motion Sickness was a support ability (which is what it's designed for, to SUPPORT the damage output of air).

If they let the retracttattoo push back two spaces instead of one, that would be nice. Also, if they gave us a support ability that inhansed our MP, or a side effect of motion sickness or some other ablity that would STEAL MP from the enemy (thus, giving us our control over the grid back and more group contribution), this would also be great
LostTranquility|2012-02-20 09:38:12

Air sac was missleading before, it could do pretty good DPS with combo of Motion Sickness (again, just costing WP at higher levels) combined with something like retracttatoo and collision damage, or assault, etc.

It was actually fun and effective in PvP (mind you I didn't do a lot of it myself, but my experiences were fun, and I've observed other air sacs do great at it).

The idea before was that we could move around to a spot, then move an enemy closer to a team mate so that they could do their damage next tern (great for teaming with an air iop so that they can use up their MP for wind kicks). Now you have less control over how far and where you'd want to move them.

You could also play more of an "agility" tank rather than a straight up meat-shield. Attack, push enemy around, retreat, and force the enemy to waiste MP to come in to attack, thus less MP for them to run away from other group mates or chase after other group mates.

I see that it can still be done, it's just a lot more extra work and takes the fun out of it for me. I'm also tired of hearing "well, it's a support tree." Ladies and gentleman, that's why there's a whole fourth branch labeled "SUPPORT," this should, at least one is lead to believe, be the functioning of those extra abilities, not one of the elemental attack/playstyle abilities. At least that's my opinion on it, obviously this isn't the reality of it. I don't expect every branch to do the same max damage output as the other, but the loss of damage should be made up by other gains, which is why I feel the air branch functioned so well before.
0 0

for me, i used to play DC universe and there was a class that was sort of like a general of teams. without them your team REALLY suffers. thats how i feel about air sacriers. but at the same time, i believe air sacriers have great potential but like you said owl, the effort to reach that potential takes the fun out of it. i do like the new motion sickness a bit but really i just dont get why it costs movement points when your character doesnt even move.

0 0
Score : 2004

I agree, I think air is going to be alright. It has high mobility and dodge to position itself where it wants. And to be honest, the damage isn't bad at all.

0 0
Score : 1483

Air skills do get rather powerful albeit not as powerful at compared to the other branches but they allow a very high range of flexibility during use.

Light speed is also very good offensive wise once it's leveled sufficiently enough

0 0
Respond to this thread