FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

well, I WAS an airsac, now to review

By February 15, 2012, 20:54:47

Well, up until this patch, I was a level 14 air sac, enjoying my build and leveling up motion sickness.
My concern now is that I will not be able to cast motion sickness with just WP, thus limiting my DPS, or so it seems. I'm also loosing a utility spell that gave me further reach across the playing field (though we still have attraction, it just doesn't seem as inviting as the previous ability we had).

My question is to other Airsacs, or people who are wise enough to disern if it is going to be as feasable to play a mostly pure airsac in terms of still doing a decent amount of damage.

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 480

I WAS also an air sac. Before the patch I got to lv 58 and also thoroughly enjoyed being an air sac. To give a short reply to your question, no, I don't think air sac is worth the time now. There's several reasons but basically I think air sac was just barely playable compared to certain other classes before they changed things. Now with motion sick costing ap and mp it just doesn't make sense to play the branch, at least in my opinion. If you enjoyed doing what you did on air sac I'd suggest trying sram or something; if you really like being a sac then I'd suggest fire or earth. Either way, compared to other classes or even to fire/earth sacs air is going to be gimped. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

1 0
Score : 1320

I think they wanted to make air into a more of a utility tree it seems like. The only other thing I could think is they figured since Motion Sickness cost wakfu and it was the main source of your damage that it was better to move it to a skill so you can use it more in a fight?

If it still cost wakfu then I have no clue haha.

0 0
Score : 673

I've played all classes and I had real close bond with my Air Sac.. Now I'm lost. :[

0 0
Zayri|2012-02-15 21:08:57
I think they wanted to make air into a more of a utility tree it seems like. The only other thing I could think is they figured since Motion Sickness cost wakfu and it was the main source of your damage that it was better to move it to a skill so you can use it more in a fight?

If it still cost wakfu then I have no clue haha.

It costs 1 ap and 1mp. Had they not made it cost an mp on top of an ap then I could see this as an improvement. It would mean no more casting it twice in one turn (w/o additional ap from stats or gear) but coupled with a higher max dmg it would allow us to cast it more than 6 times in a fight. However, adding an mp to the requirement too is over the top given that the only air skill that costs 2 ap is fist and it too costs 1 mp. Also, this means that a sac specializing in fire or earth can max out motion sick at no cost other than some grind time and effectively use it to ground opponents that use skills that move them, which adds imbalance.

They also lowered rejectattoo's damage by a good sized chunk, not like reject was op'd to begin with, and further hindered air sacs by giving light speed an angrr requirement. This means light speed now costs 5 ap, 1 mp, AND has an angrr requirement...just not worth it anymore.
0 0

Why is the MP cost so bad? I mean motion sickness last past the end of the turn right? You could still do 2 3AP point attacks and a motion sickness. Later on that leaves you with 3 movement still to play around with. 2 if you wanted to use it twice in a turn.

Getting to a position that uses the skill is the real problem I'm guessing since it takes MP to use. It does seem like it might be more difficult to play.

0 0
Zayri|2012-02-15 21:22:10
Why is the MP cost so bad? I mean motion sickness last past the end of the turn right? You could still do 2 3AP point attacks and a motion sickness. Later on that leaves you with 3 movement still to play around with. 2 if you wanted to use it twice in a turn.

Getting to a position that uses the skill is the real problem I'm guessing since it takes MP to use. It does seem like it might be more difficult to play.
I think something got lost in communication, you can't do 2 3 ap attacks and then motion because motion costs 1 ap and 1 mp-and yes the positioning is another part of the problem here, since motion's damage is based on the number of tiles you move the enemy this gives you 2 mp to line it up. With fist being the only air skill you can use with the remaining 2 ap (1 for motion+3 for assault) and fist ALSO costing an mp...just a mess.
0 0

Well with the base 6 yes but most people go for 7 or 8 ap. Simply go for an 8 AP build. 2 motion sickness then and 2 3AP attacks in air. Still would do decent damage. Positioning would be the tricky part.

Transposition might help with the positioning but then you'll probably only be able to get one attack in with motion sickness.

0 0
Score : 1351

i tried to look on the bright side of things but nothign works with a pure air sacrier now. things cost too much movement points. honestly of all things why motion sickness? why when your character doesn't even MOVE when you cast it? assault seems like a more logical thing to put movement points on. they should have just left it at 1 ap for a cost. motion sickness is pretty ass now... i mean it was kinda bad before but now.... FORGET IT! -flips table-

the only way to get full potiential out of motion sickness is to either already be 2 cells away so you can assault, or WALK two cells away which takes 2 movement points. which means you can only use motion sickness once with an assault.

they should have gotten rid of sacriers fist instead of tattractoo because tattractoo didnt cost movement points and dealt damage. or AT LEAST they should have put damage to attracting fist...

angrr sucks with air now in my opinion because i didnt really like getting hit on my air sac. funny as that sounds, but now you HAVE to get hit in order to build up angrr instead of having angrr from the start. which means you have to get close and again, you cant fully utilize motionsickness and assault.

i think i'll just quit sacrier because the only way i wanted to play one was with the air tree, and i can't even do that anymore. its a shame really lol.

1 0
Sheiros|2012-02-15 21:37:49
i tried to look on the bright side of things but nothign works with a pure air sacrier now. things cost too much movement points. honestly of all things why motion sickness? why when your character doesn't even MOVE when you cast it? assault seems like a more logical thing to put movement points on. they should have just left it at 1 ap for a cost. motion sickness is pretty ass now... i mean it was kinda bad before but now.... FORGET IT! -flips table-

the only way to get full potiential out of motion sickness is to either already be 2 cells away so you can assault, or WALK two cells away which takes 2 movement points. which means you can only use motion sickness once with an assault.

they should have gotten rid of sacriers fist instead of tattractoo because tattractoo didnt cost movement points and dealt damage. or AT LEAST they should have put damage to attracting fist...

angrr sucks with air now in my opinion because i didnt really like getting hit on my air sac. funny as that sounds, but now you HAVE to get hit in order to build up angrr instead of having angrr from the start. which means you have to get close and again, you cant fully utilize motionsickness and assault.

i think i'll just quit sacrier because the only way i wanted to play one was with the air tree, and i can't even do that anymore. its a shame really lol.
I'm right there with ya brother. I was trying to work it over in my head too and be positive, I mean that's 18 levels of passive skill points free and the max dmg of motion sick is more than doubled at max level now but no matter how you slice it the air branch is gimp now. They nerfed rejectattoo's damage by a lot (mine is at least 5 points lower on base damage but I don't have an exact before for before and after) and light speed needing angrr with the same cost as before is too much. I appreciate your input Zayri, not to write it off, but it's of little solace when air sacs just barely held their own before these changes and now would have to further sacrifice stats/gear slots to be nearly as good as before. As I said previously, this is just my opinion-take it with a grain of salt.
0 0
Score : 48

Yeah, the only way to do decent damage is to pin your target at the wall to get the extra collition damage (which is how I was keeping up with DPS from other builds, previously). Before it was feasable for me to move targets, get away, and STAY away from them if I had to, but now you can't exactly do that.

Lightspeed was better as an opener move, so that you could get behind the targets and push them towards your group mates, or to destract them. the anger cost is rediculous

Motion sickness should just be made into a side effect of one (or all, at higher levels) of the movement abilities, and the damage of Scarier's Fist or the buff of motion sikness needs to be way upped to offset the extra costs of MP.

0 0
Owlblink|2012-02-15 21:58:02
Yeah, the only way to do decent damage is to pin your target at the wall to get the extra collition damage (which is how I was keeping up with DPS from other builds, previously). Before it was feasable for me to move targets, get away, and STAY away from them if I had to, but now you can't exactly do that.

Lightspeed was better as an opener move, so that you could get behind the targets and push them towards your group mates, or to destract them. the anger cost is rediculous

Motion sickness should just be made into a side effect of one (or all, at higher levels) of the movement abilities, and the damage of Scarier's Fist or the buff of motion sikness needs to be way upped to offset the extra costs of MP.
Ah I don't know what else to say really. I just opened the game up to see if there was something that i was overlooking but there isn't. Low damage on all skills and low base damage even at max level, motion sick needs to be hella high before it's even as good as it was before-let alone good enough to be worth the cost, light speed requiring even more than it did before to use effectively, highest ranged skill (other than speed) gone, passives that are of little help for damage output, and I could probably go on and on. I'm definitely not going to play this mess come launch. Not sure what class I'll settle for but as it stands I'd not even play this game until masq/rogues are added if I didn't have someone that wants me to play with them.
1 0
Score : 1351

i hope sacriers don't stay this way. i hope they change air sacriers again because i still really like the thought of an air sacrier. the sacrier that has his rage under control and prefers well planned strategy over "HULK SMASH!!!"

0 0
Respond to this thread