FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Hows this for a fire/air tank?

By tetsmegaa February 12, 2012, 13:15:56

After playing sacrier for some time, I started out trying to be some tanky dps monster, but ended up tanking more than outputting damage after seeing some Srams and Iops do it a lot better. After following that full HP guide, I thought that a full tanking build might seem better after release, especially if the HP stat is left untouched.

The spells-Getting all the air spells for mobility, and all the fire for the standard Bloodrush and punisher, but making your bread and butter Burning Blood.

The build would start by maxing Blood Pact or Clinging to life first, preferably Blood pact for being beefy enough for solo and party play. Clinging to life would become effective once it's maxed.

After that, maxing Sacrifice to tank for anyone surrounded, and bound to die. I chose sacrifice over Transposition, both doing essentially the same thing because Sacrifice does not require AP when maxed, allowing tanks to use Light speed or other mobility skills to place them selves in a position where they can cast Sacrifice on their allies. Transposition would pull a lot of allies out of mobs when maxed, but that would screw over melee classes who are low. Sacrifice allows you to tank for them while keeping them in the fight. This skill would shine most in fights where anyone filling the DPS type is constantly being attacked by the boss even with the tank sitting next to him. Using Sacrifice would allow the Sacrier to always tank for that one ally without ruining his ally's position. From what I assume, the Sacrifice state lasts until all levels are depleted.

Having both Sacrifice and Cling to life maxed would be interesting to tank, because it wouldn't matter if your target or you got low, the 1hp save would allow you to keep tanking until your turn came back up again.

This is my first time theory-crafting something like this, so it's pretty messy, but i'd like to hear about how this build for a sacrier tank would work out.

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 1716

I've been working on something like this as well. I just want be using all the Air spells or Punishment. I still use Burning Blood as the bread & butter skill. I'm using Bloodthirsty Fury instead of Punishment. Also using Light Speed, Asault, Blood Rush & Rejectatoo, as well as Collonades. Max Sacrifice, Blood Pact, Clinging to Life. Lv18 Extravigerous & Moribund. Lv5. Angrr.

Also It's an 8 AP build.

Yours should work out pretty good, as long as you keep up with your WP.

0 0
Score : 226

How's bloodthirsty fury? It seems like an easier way to gain angrrr once it's a higher level for gaining bangerrrang when surrounded by mobs.

0 0
Score : 1716
tetsmegaa|2012-02-12 20:33:05
How's bloodthirsty fury? It seems like an easier way to gain angrrr once it's a higher level for gaining bangerrrang when surrounded by mobs.
Punishment is actually better for gaining angrr, but since it requires 2WP, you are kinda limited. I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't use. I just like using Light Speed, which would be limited if I use Punishment. Not sure if any of this really helps you though.
0 0
Respond to this thread