FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PvP Viability for Sac Builds

By LostTranquility February 06, 2012, 07:36:25

I am only level twenty so the only 'PvP' i've been apart of has been duels. I am currently running a fire build based off Ragutou9's Fire Sac/Full Hp Build. So far I am loving the build, but I want to know from the high ups who have PvPed. How viable is a full HP build? Does the lack of stating damage for increased health really help that much or is it a death sentence?

People can theorize all day. I want hard facts from someone who has PvPed with a Sac. What build were you when you PvPed and how did it fair?

Please do not turn this into a Srams are too OP don't PvP unless your one thread.

0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 4284

Let's meet up and I'll show you my level 37 fire sac.

0 0
Score : 1080

Sounds good whats your in-game name?

0 0

Shin Akuma

0 0
Score : 701

Well as a lvl 32 Fire sac with a 100 hp and rest into int build I find that sacs are pretty bad at lvl I do 70-150hp in pvps most of the time20-40 on myself with 630 hp.

Any lvl 25-30 can outlast me if there full hp. I end up doing 100-200 damage to my self by the end of the right after you are out of wp ,without punishment your damage is *** and are easy to pick off.

0 0

Ah, Hybrid Build? you hit 70-150? I'm hitting 90 with punishment before getting any Angrrr at all.

ALL points into health.

0 0
Score : 1080

I've been playing with the numbers. So far in every instance Full HP Fire Sac has been better. Nothing anyone has told me so far has disproved it either.

0 0
Score : 701

Well your 5levels higher and probably have a higher lvl punishment mine is 28 plus 3 from agride. I also tend to over use my air spells a bit for mobility and all. How much hp can you expect atlvl35 with max vigand 5 anger and rest in blood pact?

0 0

Level 35 Punishment with 104% Fire Damage.

Go ahead and add me let's do this.

0 0
Score : 179

Suffice to say, before wipe, my Fire sac was beyond lethal. I'm pretty confident you can still do just fine if you practice and learn your strengths and weaknesses.

I think the best way to determine if it is viable is to just duel people at you level. If you get out of level, it won't be very good testing.

0 0
Score : 314

It seems like a fire sac is just way to easy to kite, i think air is the way to go for pvp. I've dueled some fire mages on my air sac, and by the time they can even hit me there at half health, and even then their damage is not strong enough to bring my hp down becasue i can just keep getting away while doing close to the same amount of damage they are doing. Their damage is also limited because they are forced to spend ap on something like sacriers fist to even get to me because i can just push them back and run, and their sac fist doesn't do much damage because they're fire. Air is even better than fire in a group setting because you can just constantly rearrange the map in your teams favour. Is there a melee attacking your healer or squishy dps? Lol not anymore, Air also does good aoe damage, as fire you're just constantly chasing people and dealing damage to yourself, or just a sacrifice machine, basically an enu's living bag all game. So in my opinion just go air, with maybe full hp or full into agi, its so much more useful in pvp. Sorry for the wall of text, i had to rush through this, i coulda put more thought and editing into this, but like i said im rushing, ill probably edit it later, and sorry for english, im super german xD

0 0
Score : 253

You can still use air spells as a fire sacrier so I don't understand how they would be getting kited any more than an air sacrier unless they decided to only learn fire spells. I thought it was just common sense that the air tree is useful no matter what your build is even if you don't level them, for example with 8ap you can use assault to get behind someone and then punishment to get a backstab bonus

0 0
GoodbyeGalaxy|2012-02-10 22:08:48
You can still use air spells as a fire sacrier so I don't understand how they would be getting kited any more than an air sacrier unless they decided to only learn fire spells. I thought it was just common sense that the air tree is useful no matter what your build is even if you don't level them, for example with 8ap you can use assault to get behind someone and then punishment to get a backstab bonus
Yeah, but you probably won't have as much points into transposition and motion sickness as an air sac would, you also wouldnt have your spells as high of a level as an air sac as well, meaning they would be doing more damage. It'd just be a lot more beneficial to be a complete air sac imo, whether that be more damage or more control.
0 0
Score : 1320

You're only using those spells to get closed for a fire sac. Fire does more damage over all so even with one assault plus punishment you'll be doing more.

Fire also gets a bonus to lock so when you do get close they probably wont be getting away easy from you unless they use some sort of push ability. If they do its somewhat wasted AP since they wont do as much damage.

Fire also gets a lot more of a damage boost with passives since anger is kept up easier. Any worth while fire sac would have air spells for Pvp. The kiting is not there.

Air is for utility not for damage on a fire build. You seem like you're trying to justify air would be better since it does more damage. When you're close to someone fire wins. Just use air to get there and lock them down. Multi Arm does get a pretty nifty bonus to lock and damage.

Edit: You're evidence is also only based on one type of matchup. The master of moving vs a fire sac. This doesn't hold true for many other types of matchups.

0 0

Ahh but damage is not the main priority in pvp, im looking at this in the view of how useful you would be in a group setting, imo the amount of control you get out of being a pure air sac would be much more benefical then fire, and group fights tend to last a lot longer in group pvp, meaning all the damage you have done to yourself will have a huge impact later on in the fight. imo it'd just be a lot easier finding groups for pvp as well, more people would want that support from the map dominance of an air sac, why would they need another melee dps, when they just as easily get an iop or sram which does even more damage. And its not like there's a lack of numbers in those classes.

Edit: And no, im not saying air would be better becasue it does more damage, im saying that all the points that were point into rage and angrr and such, would have been placed into trasnposition, attraction, or even motion sickness for more umphh, and blood pact. Plus the extra damage on their air spells is a nice benefit over a fire sac's air spells.

0 0

It really depends. Like we been saying you can be fire and use air still. Yes air would do less damage and yes positioning is important. Damage is not the goal in pvp? I'm pretty sure killing your enemy is the goal which takes damage.

Some pvp battlegrounds are really small to where you'll end up being right next to each other. Even in that positioning is important but once you get someone in position fire is going to burn them down a lot faster.

The only thing going full air would buy you is increase damage (with air) and a bit more on terms of placement with transposition.

You could still technically get transposition on a fire sac at higher levels it would just take time. Pull one person in and burn him down. Whoever gets the first person down has a giant edge in combat.

They will both do pretty decent in PVP and are both viable. I'm pretty sure our damage especially when you get the 90% from extra vigrrrous will compete with an IOP. I'm guessing the sacrier is also tanker with blood pact.

I'm not sure if you'll be positioning people each turn if you have a decent team you wont need to. Use when needed fire for everything else. Seems like the best of both world to me.

0 0

Control is the main goal in a PvP fight (damage however, does play a major role in it)

Hmm, I guess I'll try fire more in-depth before release, since you convinced me that fire could be viable in PvP, the builds are kind of hard to compare though, since one is a fighter, and the other being a support/tank.

Thank you for the insight.

0 0

No problem man I don't know that much either as I'm still newish. I think they will both fair well its more on what you want to specialize in.

0 0
Respond to this thread