FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What is the role of a Sacrier, what has it been and what is it now ?

By IKRAFPIERC - MEMBER - April 03, 2018, 15:50:02

Id like to hear from you guys, especially veteran Sacs, as well as of the other classes. What is the mechanic in which you associate Sacrier with ?

Since the age of Dofus, the Sacrier has debuted as a map manipulator, replacement tank and bruiser focusing on its high hp and the ability to soak damage. 

But as more and more patches or reworks that has been done to it , it feels like a lost identity, I play the Sacrier the way I played it in Dofus. Not a Berzerk clinging damage dealer, but as a first turn positioner to set up the team and soak the damage. 

There has been quite an outroar on the Cling passive but I rather focus on the parts which bother me. As I for one don't use cling as Its too risky for PvE as long boss fights just makes it too risky and a waste of slots for a spell that is only used once.

The recent changes of the Sac has made it less and less mobile, from the promise to make the air tree synergize with the rest to lowering all of its range ( which I have no idea why that helps the synergy )  to making tranposition a key spell to have a cooldown. And now a passive needed for us to move far distances. The masq has roughly the same spells as the Sacrier, and by far has more mobility which begs the question. What is the Sacrier that is being envisioned.

First when ankama introduced the  'synergy' of elements and we found a combo " Motion Insanity " which we thought was a great move by devs. Then it was then nerfed. Fire and earth spells cost too much for too little. Maybe Motion Insanity was not intended to work that way. But it was the only synergy we had, Burning Insanity was terrible and no one uses it. 

Sacrier was a fun yet flawed class, comparing the other melee positioners ( Masq, Panda ) and clearly dont stand as high as the ranged dmg positioners ( Xelor, Fogger, Elio ). The changes had  made me feel that Sacrier has lost its indentity, from a class that is known for Transposition, to a class where people made for PvP.

Panda does it for barely anything. Masq could heal while swapping. Feca is just dominant in that field now with alot having a high init Feca build just to position and buff. And with Transposition placed on cooldown. We can only position once every 2 turns. 

What has the Sacrier become after all these reworks. I personally have found that it was harder to use as a positioner comparing to the others. IF PvP is the concern, make a separate stat for all the spells of each of the classes. Polish it than ruin the gameplay for PvE players

I dont play Wakfu for the PvP ( which is now frankly a farming simulator ) , I use a 6 box full team and choose the specific class to fit the role in which I felt was needed. With all its changes across the years I feel as though Sacrier has now become a lesser positioner from a PvE standpoint which classes that could assist the team in positioning passively even better, like the Elio and Fogger which are both capable of playing a berzerk build equivalent or even better than the Sac. 

2 -1
Reactions 9
Score : 1383

Again, Ankama making classes blend trying to force the balance for PvP.

1 0
Score : 113

Sacrier is now a joke. You want to go low health and do damage bursts to flash farm mobs, burst dungeon bosses or clear targets in pvp? Too bad, you are dead.
Dont even think about using bold punishment, you will get so squishy bosses can kill you easy and a good pvp focus will kill you before you even heal.
Dont even think about a DD build with low resists. High resists are now a must, if you will be able to do good amount of damage thats another thing. Probably not as good as before.
Sac is now weaker than other classes in pvp and pve and also in DD, positioning and tank roles.
But if you know ankama you might understand they answer the OP problem by buffing class X and nerfing classes Y and Z. Next year they buff Y and nerf X and Z. And next year they buff Z and nerf X and Y. Just like overwatch team does.
If you stop playing and come back 4-5 years later, then sac will get a new revamp and will be good again.

2 0
Score : 123

That might be true, But Ive played Sac since the game first released. And patch after patch it feels like its getting worse and worse. My main problem is for them to change change spells that makes Sac a Sac. If Sacrier's transposition and lightspeed is nerfed to this extent. Why should the other classes hold them for no penalty. IF we need to have a limit on positioning, I would like to see that Feca's teleport, Elio's portals, Foggers railways, and all of Masq's movement be made to have a cooldown. Though that would mean that those classes would lose their identity as well. If that is ankama's end goal for 'balancing'. 

1 0
Score : 1383

My opinion is that they are perfectly aware of what they are doing with the balance, there is no way they can't even get close to learn how to balance a game after this long. It's a very common game design choice to keep the game purposely unbalanced, but they are doing it so wrong I'm finding it offensive.

It's doesn't even make me rage, if that was the case it would be a good thing. Tt just makes me less and less motivate to play, overall their decisions are based on making the game more grind based than it already is and less rewarding.

The plan this time was to throw Sac on the trash can, I have no doubt they are fully aware they are doing exactly this. They REALLY need to take easy on the nerfs, and to don't be afraid to make things overpowered and then start to nerf it: that's the best and only way to know the strong points of a change and the best way to have people actually trying the new stuff, which leads to more feedback. 

Why not making more smaller and more friendly balance changes (going from op and nerfing until you find the sweet balanced spot, which helps YOU Ankama to know what the players finds fun and what they doesn't) instead of big and hard to swallow ones? They have no idea how it just makes people sick of it.

But oh well, I've never seen they take opinions in consideration, I'm just sad that I still love this game since beta and the players  keep receiving this treatment until now.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing from the topic.

3 0

Dont be sorry. this has been quite the problem with the game now. And Sacriers seem to be playing fine till BTF was released. No one who played pve complained that it was OP. It had its flaws but we worked through it because we loved the class. And now this? This is just plain bullcrap

0 0
Score : 113

IKRAFPIERC|2018-04-04 05:06:58
That might be true, But Ive played Sac since the game first released. And patch after patch it feels like its getting worse and worse. My main problem is for them to change change spells that makes Sac a Sac. If Sacrier's transposition and lightspeed is nerfed to this extent. Why should the other classes hold them for no penalty. IF we need to have a limit on positioning, I would like to see that Feca's teleport, Elio's portals, Foggers railways, and all of Masq's movement be made to have a cooldown. Though that would mean that those classes would lose their identity as well. If that is ankama's end goal for 'balancing'. 

I also played sac from the beggining. For me the top form of sac was when sac could use cage to teleport and also had instant burst damage to flash farm.
Before sac revamp sac was way too nerfed, thats why i think sac revamp really helped sac, not only in sustained damage but also helped sacs in pve with good armor generation and sacrifice with area damage reduction for tank builds and a somehow decent positioning.
Problem now is that ankama as always mess things due to cry babies. Now sac ability to protect teammates and gain damage reduction is gone, so tank pve sac got nerfed. Sac cant help bursting bosses in melee ranged because a few bosses punches will kill sac. Not only that, sac mobility also got nerfed, making its pve life maybe as hard as before revamp.
Still i think ankama dont even care about how the game progression goes. Making ppl weaker in pvp will also make ppl weaker in pve, therefore ppl will take more time to reach end game content. Ppl who cant stand the grind will always quit earlier and ppl who want to play the game will keep buying boosters and paying for things until they get so fed up of this. Ankama targets are the ppl that will keep on playing even after being toyed with.
5 0

Yes. late game content especially zinit, sacrificing is usually a bad idea, messing up the position and getting absolutely destroyed by boss.

New players often drop out somewhere around 105 , just before 126 , which was a terrible grind. And now with the nerf of the exp of Torm/Flax dungeons its like they are trying to drive away new players.

0 0
Respond to this thread