FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Earth Sacrier The Ultimate Tank

By KishinHunterZ September 05, 2013, 16:04:17

Like i thought... Lvling a earth sacrier is a big pain in a certain place. >_>

My idea of a good build for a "supportive tank" is now:

1 -> Status Points
Max Block for resistance and the remaining points in HP for Coagulation, Life Transfer and Blood Pact Ratios.

2 -> Specialties
20 Sanguine Armor
11 Tattooed Blood
20 Blood Pact
20 Tattooed Blood
20 Attraction
20 Life Transfer

3 -> Equipment
Focus on HP, AP, MP and Lock, because you are NOT a damage dealer and you should NOT train alone. You are supposed to TANK high lvl mobs while your group kills them.

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 4071

A good tank also needs good mobility and good map control, if you are really going for Tank Sacrier you do not really need Critical Hit.

Some specialties that are on your list are not really needed

• Angrr
  • Clinging to life

Those two are mostly usable for Damage Dealers more than tanks.

a good Sacrier tank should always have
  • Sacrifice or Life Transfer (To Protect his dying allies)
  • Transposition (Move the enemy away from allies or to teleport allies away from danger)
  • Attraction (For getting enemies from afar thus lowering their dodge so you can lock them)
  • Blood Pact (Extra Health for survival)
  • Sanguine Armor (To double Coagulation and to increase lock)
  • Tattooed Blood (To gain +2 levels of coagulation and increase passive lock)
The rest of the specialty points can be put into Moribund (Multi-Arm)

The elements I go for is Earth(Mainly) and some air(Mobility), I don't level certain spells specifically, since you are there to tank not deal nuke damage, all my spells (By all I mean all my branches) I have all of them atleast level 60 minimum. Why you ask? because if all the spells are level 60 I gain the elements mastery which is 60% damage and 60% resist(This is why) of those elements, but my main spells that are higher than the others is Crackrock Blow (For the lower dodge effect) and Smasher (For that little pinch damage when you have no need to protect others)

The stats I leveled is the following
  • 1 AP
  • 1 MP
  • Max Block
  • the rest HP and Lock
The gear I look for is gear that has high HP, Lock, Block and Resist with of cause a AP and MP bonus.

Hope this will help you make your Uber Tank

Good Luck
0 0
Score : 178

Double Build Post FTW biggrin

Thanks for the early reply and i agree with the actives,
but i love angrrr too much not to put points in it.
maybe i'm still thinking like an air damage dealer wannabe xD

0 0
Score : 1964
OM3GA-Z3R0|2013-09-05 16:21:22
if all the spells are level 60 I gain the elements mastery which is 60% damage and 60% resist(This is why) of those elements [...]

The stats I leveled is the following
  • 1 AP
  • 1 MP
  • Max Block
  • the rest HP and Lock
Since the elemental masteries have been modified (Click here the two spells with the highest levels account for 65% of the elements mastery (damage & resist). You can achive 10% more mastery (66 instead of 60 for example) with the same amount of spell experience by distributing it accordingly.

My sacrieur is far from maxlevel, i'm currently playing with 8 AP and 5 MP. (1AP, 1 MP, 8 Block through abilities.)
Specialties:
4 5 4 0 5
0 20 1+ 0 20
Crackrock Blow, Rocky Foot and Smasher are the abilities i'm using mostly.
0 0
Score : 2283
Hey, I just have one question about AP distribution. Why waste such a high amount of your AP on Block instead of all HP? After all, Coagulation scales with your Max HP and Blood Pack also scales with your Max HP. So practically you get a better bonus from both of them by using your AP on HP instead of Block.

Would love to get a reply on this soon. Thank you for your time!
0 0

Coagulation scales with HP, Block scales with damage.

Block lowers the damage you receive by 0.3*0.01 = 0.3%. Alternatively you'll get 9 HP. Which improve your Coagulation with Blood Pact and a full Group by 9*1.6*0.01 = 0.144. Depending how much Coagulation you're building up, the amount of damage per round when Block is more effective differs:
4*0.144/0.003 = 192
6*0.144/0.003 = 288
8*0.144/0.003 = 384
10*0.144/0.003 = 480
12*0.144/0.003 = 576
You won't be able to build up a high stack of Coagulation every round and "need" to suffer a certain degree of damage to fully benefit of it. Yes, your character will start with up to 360HP more if you take HP instead of Block, but depending how intense the fight is you're better of with it.

0 0
Score : 83
jgtf|2013-09-09 15:54:35
Hey, I just have one question about AP distribution. Why waste such a high amount of your AP on Block instead of all HP? After all, Coagulation scales with your Max HP and Blood Pack also scales with your Max HP. So practically you get a better bonus from both of them by using your AP on HP instead of Block.

because coag isn't everything you do

if you are an earth sac with 6 ap 4 mp end game and all you do is run up and start coaging on the boss, you will find a lot of difficulty becoming useful.

the reasons for AP speccing:

1 AP can lead to more coag, because it pushes you to either 9, 10, or 11, in most earth sacrier equipment setups. 9 ap means smasher+rocky foot for coag which is 9 stacks without any crits. MORE importantly, Transposition is then usable 3 times, which makes you 100000% more useful as you instead of just being a sack of meat that the boss may or may not hit, you become an asset, a means of moving the map to make your team the one with the advantage, and position the weaker ones away from the boss, all while placing yourself closer to him.

10 AP, dual colonnades, this is the point where your damage goes from being the pinacle of uselessness, to a noteworthy amount of help, due to the nice base damage and aoe. Also three transpo's :3

11 AP, smasher/colo. this is where coagulation becomes your personal bitch, giving you a whopping 12 coag per turn, 16 with crits, making for 32 after sanguine. Also sacrifice + three transpos making you actually you know VERSATILE rather than a motionless bag of rocks.
0 0
Score : 2283
o0Spades0o|2013-09-11 18:53:40
jgtf|2013-09-09 15:54:35

because coag isn't everything you do

if you are an earth sac with 6 ap 4 mp end game and all you do is run up and start coaging on the boss, you will find a lot of difficulty becoming useful.

the reasons for AP speccing:

1 AP can lead to more coag, because it pushes you to either 9, 10, or 11, in most earth sacrier equipment setups. 9 ap means smasher+rocky foot for coag which is 9 stacks without any crits. MORE importantly, Transposition is then usable 3 times, which makes you 100000% more useful as you instead of just being a sack of meat that the boss may or may not hit, you become an asset, a means of moving the map to make your team the one with the advantage, and position the weaker ones away from the boss, all while placing yourself closer to him.

10 AP, dual colonnades, this is the point where your damage goes from being the pinacle of uselessness, to a noteworthy amount of help, due to the nice base damage and aoe. Also three transpo's :3

11 AP, smasher/colo. this is where coagulation becomes your personal bitch, giving you a whopping 12 coag per turn, 16 with crits, making for 32 after sanguine. Also sacrifice + three transpos making you actually you know VERSATILE rather than a motionless bag of rocks.
Let me make my question more clear.

• I wasn't talking about Action Points, I was talking about Ability Points, the ones you get 5/lvl.
  • Now, I was talking about why use your Ability Points on Block instead of Health Points. I know that from Action Points you can do much more in a fight, but why is Block a better choice than Health Points?
  • Thank you, Rimari, for your reply. But to be honest, I find it hard to understand what you said ^^ Like, what is the 0.01 in your equations? 0.3*0.01=0.3% and the 9 and 1.6 from 9*1.6*0.01=0.144 ? Would help more if you explained what each number represents.
0 0
jgtf|2013-09-13 14:51:14
  • Thank you, Rimari, for your reply. But to be honest, I find it hard to understand what you said ^^ Like, what is the 0.01 in your equations? 0.3*0.01=0.3% and the 9 and 1.6 from 9*1.6*0.01=0.144 ? Would help more if you explained what each number represents.
A blocked attack does 30% less damage (30% = 0.3). Investing 9 Abilitypoints in block increases the chance to block an attack by one percent (1% = 0.01). The first formula shows how much this one percent more block reduces the overall damage you recieve: 0.3*0.01 = 0.003 = 0.3%
You might use these 9 Abilitypoints for HP instead, where they would benefit from Blood Pack (+20% HP and another 8% per ally: 1.2 + 5 * 0.08 = 1.6). 1 Coagulation equals 1% of your max HP. 9 extra HP through Abilitypoints thus increase the avoided damage per Coagulation by: 9*1.6*0.01 = 0.144 (in a group of 6 characters).
0 0
Score : 177

having high block is a nice thing also, once your coagulation is gone you will receive full damage on enemies which does happen a lot, but with high block you can lower the damage much more, Block also helps with Coagulation which makes it last longer. Besides there will be lots of moments where you can't afford to use AP because there will come a time when you need to spend those AP to save your party members with sacrfice, transposition and others

0 0
Score : 17653

you should probably be stacking block, because once you get a literal assload of block, it becomes something you depend on. My tank panda, Mictian, for example, is getting very close to 80 block, meaning, statistically, out of 100 hits, 20 of them will do full damage.

there are also turns where you won't be able to coag. Where you're using transposition or just moving around. Also, on your turn, you can take damage from effects, like AP poison and Scalding. You can't *get rid* of these, nor can you stop them with Coagulation. You can however block them.

0 0
Respond to this thread