FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

My View of the Xelor, a beginners guide of sorts.

By lordlekiy - MEMBER - February 22, 2012, 09:00:54

OK, so I came into Wakfu only a few weeks ago so I cannot asume I know everything there is to know about the game or Xelors even, but I have leveled 3 different Xelors to at least level 30 so I would like to share my opinion to everyone who is considering trying them or just looking for some new ideas on how to play/build them.

So just to make sure I get this across 1st, if you cannot play a class that will get there whole fight messed up by a bug you will have a hard time as a Xelor. Now I don't know if the makers Wakfu ether have know idea how to fix this bug, or if they just don't care but for as long as I have played Xelors I have been plagued by this bug that has gotten me killed while training meny times that I should have been fine through, which means I might just drop Xelor if they dont fix the bug by release. and for all of you who already play Xelor you should know what I'm talking about and for those who haven't I will tell you.

When your dial spell is active at sometime in the game the entity that makes up the dial seems to just vanish causing the dial to break on the next action caused by anything, but luckily your dial cells remain. Now this may not seem like a problem, but it is because it now means that wall you jump behind at the end of your turn is gone making any melee ranged mob be able to waltz right to you every turn until you replace the dial and since Xelors are castes they cant do much until they have escaped the lock which cost AP or the risk of losing your turn.

So now I got that out of the way I shall start with the water Xelor.

Now if you create a Xelor and look at all his support abilities there is a lot if emphasis on the classic Ap drain, but what you dont see is the thing that makes this build worthless which is the hyperreaction debuff. And what this does is every time you remove 1 AP they get this debuff which increases there APR resist by 20 for each and only drops by 10 each turn so in a senario, you start place your dial cast slowdown once and Xelor's hourglass 3 times (assuming you have 7 AP somehow which is easy for a Xelor), and you remove 4 AP, now they have 70% resistance to AP removal, in short as a water Xelor your usefulness to yourself and your team drops fast, and water is pretty low damage on top of that, and on top of that even almost any mob that you remove AP from that can still attack you after you have removed one AP is going to almost always be able to attack you... So as for the water tree its going to have to wait for an update before it will be worth your time. as for suggestions how to maybe fix this common build. make hyperreaction scale by 5 not 20, or make it go back to 0 at the end of the turn.

Now for air Xelors

Air Xelors are vary strange good in PVE sometimes, but I dont think you will go anywhere in pvp (I did beat a sram once but she was lower than I was, and it was only in the 20s) so your 1st spell in the air tree is Underhand which isn't a bad idea but, Xelors in melee range is not a place you ever "want" to be in but if you have put a point into temporal waves it can serve the use of getting you out of melee range, but if your on your dial it can be very annoying since half the time you use it, you need to spend a point of MP just to get back on the dial, and the other half will only help escape one mob. As for Aging its not a very good spell for the air tree being its made to be used by fire half the time and water the other half. For Temporal Distortion this is the only spammable ability in the air tree since its only 2 AP, but as for its tick/tock effect it will ether lower or raise the effects of hyperreaction by 5 but that AP is better used else where being the damage is just terrible. Tempus Fugit is a must have for any Xelor this is your "getting the heck out spell" it costs 3 AP 1 MP but TP you 2 spaces, and ether dose aoe damage before or after teleporting, if its after the damage is quite good if its kept up in level, and the importent part of the spell doesn't require temporal waves. Xelor Punishment is THE spell for an air tree as long something is near a dial cell you can hit from any where on your dial for 5 AP for great damage and on tick reduces hyperreaction by 10 and on tock dose even more damage so with that in mind you can do good damage and consistently remove AP from the enemy with out you making hyperreaction get to high to be worth the AP, and since it hits in a cross it can attack enemies that have got you locked on your dial, one downside is that it cant target the shiny dial while something is on it (I don't if its a bug or not), and another is that it cant be used if there is no dial cells so if you lose your 3 dials and the enemy is still in good health there is very little you can rely on to pull through.

Now for that Water/Fire Xelor I havent actually built one and the reason why is that if water doesn't work when everything is focused on it, why would it be any more reliable when you only half build it?
Nuf said there.

Fire is the way most Xelors go and the probably where they should go, it has good damage, good range, and good AOE. Hand is the spell you start with in this build and what its useful for is well... ok it really isn't that useful the only thing it has on temporal burn is more range, but you get even more from temporal dust so it should only be leveled if you dont want to hit you allies to hit an enemy thats just out of reach of temporal burn. Next up is line of fire and well it is the most worthless Xelor spell in the game although it can hit melee anything else that hits melee does more damage then this but it is a fire spell so it would technicly scale from your gear but if you have a clear shot you can also hit them with temporal dust for more damage without hitting yourself. Temporal burn this is just one great spell no matter how much AP you use you can always still use this to do damage at the end, and altho I think its a bug you cant CF which is also great for now (might as well have one good bug to counter the bad one), now this spells tooltip is deceiving because it looks like it takes a lot of leveling to get anymore damage on it but this is not the case being it counts the decimal damage also so for example at level 0 it does 1 per AP and at level 10 it dose 2 per AP (not exact just an example to give my point) so at level 6 its really doing 1.6 damage per AP so if you use five AP on the spell it will do roughly 8 base damage which with the actual values is the highest base damage for fire on a spell. Temporal Dust is an AOE spell with a radius of 3 making easy to hit more then one enemy at a time (makes it good to keep damage going on those pesky stealth users) and dose more overall damage then temporal burn if you have at least two targets and can hit something locking you (you just got to remember that it can hit your dial too). Hydrand not the greatest spell but it has its uses, mainly I use it to hit a out of reach target even if its high AP/low damage a hit is a hit, but as a Xelor you got better options and we will get to that later. It can also be used to block a mob stupid enough to move into a tile with only one exit, but thats just too rare to be worth worrying about just keep it in mind.

Now for your support spells. Believe it or not dial is your 2ND best support spells or at least it would be if it wasn't for that bug, the dial you will hate it and love it, you can use to to zip around without a care to move into range of anything you want but at the same time your stuck with only being able to move within a 4 radius circle but it also gives you +50% damage and chance to remove AP so its well worth having to use 2 WP and just makes leveling a lot faster, and you can kite as long as there no bug to delete your wall it can even be used to block of mobs in corners even though it can be attacked, mobs just don't.

TimeKeeper Is the best Xelor spell by very vary vary far... but its not because of that bug, when it happens it will prevent TimeKeeper from being cast and any AP that was on the dial before it broke is gone for good. but aside from that this is the greatest spell ever, but only when you get it to level 9 because at level 9 it goes from 2 AP to store 1 AP to 1 AP to Store 1 AP and at max, and every time you cast it it adds +10% damage to store on the dial so in a simple terms with it maxed and the dial maxed (which would make you at least level 39) you can for a number of turns spend up to 6 AP for a later turn and get +60% damage for it and when your dial is out of charges you get that damage and AP back now you can recast your dial for a turn with 12 AP and 110% bonus damage this is only charging for one turn after all six you have 410% damage and 42 AP now the AP change isn't any different then if you casted normally for those turns but the damage is A LOT DIFFERENT (on my current Xelor with this build is level 30 and hits for about 800-900 damage on a full charge of 5), you can also use this with aging for even mor damage but not a lot since temporal burn only removes 10 init at level 100 so its not very significant until both spells are leveled high. Well using timekeeper I can solo things way above my level as long as that my dial doesn't bug out, and you can use other spells with it too and still get to full effect (but its more fun to watch spectators go "WTH JUST HAPPEND!!!")

Mummification... not vary good to level it only lasts for one turn and the bonus is not as good as other things would be, and all and all its better for you not to wait till a team member dies to be useful.

Devotion... 2 AP really? So what if allies get it too most of the time your only near team at the beginning of a battle in a dungeon which there probably not even going to be able to use on the 1st turn and even if they can it won't be a lot of extra damage or what ever they would use a measly 2 AP on. Best to leave this at Zero.

Temporal Images... spend 1 WP at max to maybe shake of one attack for PVE useless for PVP 3 words Area Of Effect. And why would it do more damage if you were happen to be hit? should hitting us be good enough reward for finding the rock under the Xelor shaped cup?

Temporal Waves... only for water Xelors is this passive really that useful beyond level one and for water Xelors it means more hyperreaction to deal with Yay.

Master Of time... putting 1 point in this is well worth it helps to make sure you can start charging or attacking with the dial right away more useful in PVP but still useful to all it also increases the AP drain which can help air Xelors survive better and I think i will stop pointing out waters curent useless ness here.

Time Theft... a proc on a proc no just no.

Temporal Armor it might seem useful but if it gave a 100% chance to give 1 AP when im hit I would just rather not get hit, Xelors shouldn't take damage they should be dealing it.

Rollback, I just hit you for 1000 damage and now I get to do it again! Awsome!
so Rollback is the best place to go after dial and/or Timekeeper

Now for stats

HP always good but if you learn how to play Xelor you shouldn't "need" more then default + gear but if it suits you go for it.

Elemental stats your not going to be the best you can do but can be more and less helpful then HP but if you plan on PVPing HP would be better

AP always helps if you can wait for the effect its great if your a time keeper since it means you dont have to be idle for those turns.

Crit is another option instead of elemental damage but still on the rather not side

Wisdom/PP would be just awsome if it was possible to reset stats but not worth the loss until then

Dodge can be helpful but to little effect and you got 2 ways of getting away no matter what type of Xelor you are.

Xelors cannot really make good use of anything else except willpower but that costs to much

Anyways I hope this gave you some insight into the Xelor and thanks for taking all that time to read what I had to say about them, and just remember this is my opinion before posting.

-Lord Lekiy-

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 904

I wouldn't call the Water branch not worthy of the time. Hyperaction is annoying but it only serves to make the branch not completely overpowered. Imagine disabling enemies for turns on end while still doing some very decent damage. I also assume that you've been soloing with the class, because the branch really shines in parties where it can supply heavy hitting classes with extra ap and disable key enemies long enough for your party members to take them out. The recent patch gave them a useful tool for solo play with in the newly buffed Clock spell that does 72 damage for a center hit and 32 AOE damage max. That damage is nothing to scoff at.

For support, I wouldn't put any points into temporal images. It's a waste of WP that could instead be invested in more dials. If you need to tank, you can use the Sinistro or Hydrand skills.

0 0
Score : 715

I don't have as much experience with Xelors as other people but based on some theorycrafting I'd assume that the Water tree is capable of doing incredible damage if all procs line up like a rainbow (unlikely but possible).

Consider the following scenario:
First, assume full willpower build so that this is even semi-believeable. Albeit you will still have to employ some suspension of dispelief.

-Your turn, it is a Tock turn.
Cast Aging (lets say Rollover procs with this so that you get your 1 AP back)
Cast Slow Down. Now all your procs line up unimaginably so that the following things happen:
----Enemy get a grand total of -4 AP from temporal waves proc
----Aging does damage 4 times
----You get +5 AP from Time Theft and Rollover leaving you with a grand total of 10 AP
----Since this is an unrealistic scenario, you also get +80% damage from Temporal Armor
----Enemy now has 80% resist
Cast Frostbite
----Enemy again gets -2 AP from temporal waves proc
----Aging hits 2 more times
----You get +5 AP from Time Theft and Rollover, grand total of 12 AP
----Total +120% damage from Temporal Armor now.
Finally cast your 12 point +120% damage Temporal Burn and say ggs.

Look at how much damage you did in 1 turn (on top of leaving the enemy with next to no AP):
-Slow down
-Frostbite
-x6 Aging
-Temporal Burn finisher

0 0
Score : 77
RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 10:25:49
I wouldn't call the Water branch not worthy of the time. Hyperaction is annoying but it only serves to make the branch not completely overpowered. Imagine disabling enemies for turns on end while still doing some very decent damage. I also assume that you've been soloing with the class, because the branch really shines in parties where it can supply heavy hitting classes with extra ap and disable key enemies long enough for your party members to take them out. The recent patch gave them a useful tool for solo play with in the newly buffed Clock spell that does 72 damage for a center hit and 32 AOE damage max. That damage is nothing to scoff at.

For support, I wouldn't put any points into temporal images. It's a waste of WP that could instead be invested in more dials. If you need to tank, you can use the Sinistro or Hydrand skills.
I did actually use water in groups, but it really comes down to if your team is planning well enough to make use of the free AP. I can imagine that most Air trees should be able to make use of the AP, but the point I was trying to make is that its viability is less then that of the other builds out there for the Xelor.

As for clock its single target damage is still less then Temporal Burn/Xelor Punishment, and if hitting hitting more then one target Xelor Punishment/Temporal Dust will do more overall damage, and for Punishment you can still try to take AP with Slowdown.

But thanks for reading!

Gyeff|2012-02-22 19:59:57
I don't have as much experience with Xelors as other people but based on some theorycrafting I'd assume that the Water tree is capable of doing incredible damage if all procs line up like a rainbow (unlikely but possible).

Consider the following scenario:
First, assume full willpower build so that this is even semi-believeable. Albeit you will still have to employ some suspension of dispelief.

-Your turn, it is a Tock turn.
Cast Aging (lets say Rollover procs with this so that you get your 1 AP back)
Cast Slow Down. Now all your procs line up unimaginably so that the following things happen:
----Enemy get a grand total of -4 AP from temporal waves proc
----Aging does damage 4 times
----You get +5 AP from Time Theft and Rollover leaving you with a grand total of 10 AP
----Since this is an unrealistic scenario, you also get +80% damage from Temporal Armor
----Enemy now has 80% resist
Cast Frostbite
----Enemy again gets -2 AP from temporal waves proc
----Aging hits 2 more times
----You get +5 AP from Time Theft and Rollover, grand total of 12 AP
----Total +120% damage from Temporal Armor now.
Finally cast your 12 point +120% damage Temporal Burn and say ggs.

Look at how much damage you did in 1 turn (on top of leaving the enemy with next to no AP):
-Slow down
-Frostbite
-x6 Aging
-Temporal Burn finisher
Well I have a few Things to say to this.

1. Not realistic in the 1st place
2. Xelor always starts on a tick turn meaning you could have already added a few stacks of Hyperreaction.
3. Except bosses most enemies have only 3-5 AP, and I don't believe you can go negative.

Hay but thanks for reading / replying.
0 0
Score : 715

From a DPS point of view it would be an incredible waste to use Water spells on Tick turns because you don't get the damage from aging. Aging is probably the Xelor's second highest damage skill after Temporal Burn.

I would either use Temporal Burn on Tick turns or use Temporal Distortion to drop Hyperaction stacks. After the last patch there is no one-use-per-mob limitation on Temporal distortion and it no longer has only a straight line range. Major buffs!

0 0
Score : 266
Gyeff|2012-02-23 06:34:21
From a DPS point of view it would be an incredible waste to use Water spells on Tick turns because you don't get the damage from aging. Aging is probably the Xelor's second highest damage skill after Temporal Burn.

I would either use Temporal Burn on Tick turns or use Temporal Distortion to drop Hyperaction stacks. After the last patch there is no one-use-per-mob limitation on Temporal distortion and it no longer has only a straight line range. Major buffs!
I've taken this approach as well, you can use tock turns to steal ap and deal dmg, and tick turns to reduce hyper reaction and perhaps grab yourself a cheapish ap weapon so you don't add more that turn.
This way. temporal Distortion (when it gets higher and higher levels) resets hyper reaction back down and you can steal ap the next turn like normal. Sure you won't be able to make you opponent gimped of AP every turn, but I'd settle for every other turn.
0 0
Respond to this thread