FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Underpowered or Just Right?

By CDaryani February 21, 2012, 19:21:13

Ive read fourms and it seems as if half of the Xelor community thinks they Xelor class is underpowered and they other half thinks its "balanced". Too me honestly I feel like they Xelor is probably they funnest class in they game its like a Queen in Chess, since were so mobile and can move around with our dial we can almost fully attack an enemy each turn and then retreat to safety. With timing and positioning right I believe it may be they deadliest class. Although I do agree somethings could be better, but it wont happen. Alot of topics are how on this should be changed, im not liking [insert spell and class complain on how its overpowered]. But never topics on how to adjust to it. After all homeostasis is required to survive in real life why not on this? Anyway I'd like to hear the rest of the Wakfu communitys thoughts on this.

0 0
Reactions 18
Score : 1334

I don't feel the class is OP or UP. I feel it's quite balanced. Perhaps changing Aging to a specialty or something.

0 0
Score : 591

Perhaps, although through out the history of Dofus and Wakfu Xelors have always been changing and im sure that in a about a month they're going to have a change to they Xelor that either makes it or breaks it.

0 0
Score : 8557

Well in PvP situation they can be UP due to the Dial. Most, if not all, Xelors level up Dial first. This can be a hindrance in PvP since a lot of classes have a spell that can take you off your Dial.

0 0

I agree the Dial is a crutch for us fellow Xelor's. Its like a drug if were on it were happy but once we get off it were not in the best position specially since so many class's can easily get us off our Dial. ph34r

0 0
Score : 3011

maybe they will make the dial immune to damage and make the xelor stabilized while on the hours.
its the least the xelors could ask for seeing as it always takes 2 wakfu points.
and tbh, the class is kinda balanced around the bonuses it gives.

0 0
Score : 3548
XelZeta|2012-02-22 00:24:13
maybe they will make the dial immune to damage and make the xelor stabilized while on the hours.
its the least the xelors could ask for seeing as it always takes 2 wakfu points.
and tbh, the class is kinda balanced around the bonuses it gives.
As much as I wish xelors would be given the ability to remain stabilized on dials, I am going to have to say, if that change were made the class would be close to op if not very op, i think they should give the class a passive for it if anything
0 0
Score : 376

Half the classes can immediately take you off the dial. The dial is a 50 percent bonus damage on top of more initiative loss (more damage combined with aging) and a greater chance to remove ap from water spells.

The major problem with xelors is the class naturally wants to use all 3 trees because of the aging mechanic and the tick tock mechanic. It is very hard to be optimal without doing so. Unfortunately because of how the spell leveling system works and gear, this makes us very gimpy until we have many skill levels up. This also has a stat allocation problem...how do I play 3 trees and stat to help me. It creates an uneven scaling with gear compared to other classes.

There is a couple of traps in the passive section (Time theft 20 percent chance on ap steal to gain 1 ap when compared to rollback is complete trash, even on ap stealing spells, it is only arguably better when used with slow down and it is not by much).

Also Xelor's have a wakfu problem. Devotion is not a good use of wakfu points because of how many wakfu dial consumes. And the other uses of Wakfu are incredibly situational and hurt our dial usage.

The class has good base damage and some decent spells. But to sum up my rant: we are too dependent on the dial. Most of our damage comes from it, and it is ALSO tied into our unlockable escape when it is summoned (Xelor always moves 2 tiles back onto the 6 oclock face of the dial when summoned if it is open, otherwise the 5 oclock the 7 oclock or the 3 oclock in that order- this teleport cannot be locked but the ones from face to face CAN). All 3 trees have a 5th spell that is tied into the dial. While we are extremely mobile on the dial, we can be kited away from the dial as well wasting our wakfu.

I think Xelors will be invaluable in group pve content because of the ap removals. Depends how they are designed but removing an attack from some of these hard hitting bosses will be really really good. That said I believe Xelors are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of pvp atm because of the Dial mechanics.

Solutions?

I think stabilization would be too much. I think the dial should check whether you are on it at the end of your turn not the start to give the xelor a chance to get back on it (although this would mess with timekeeper usage and that may need to be looked at). (As a side note, if you step off the dial and then are moved back onto any clock face before the start of your turn it stays under the current mechanics).

I think a couple of the 5th tier spells need to be unfocused around the dial or alternatively be more rewarding to use based on the dial.

0 0
Score : 290
I think stabilization would be too much. I think the dial should check whether you are on it at the end of your turn not the start to give the xelor a chance to get back on it (although this would mess with timekeeper usage and that may need to be looked at). (As a side note, if you step off the dial and then are moved back onto any clock face before the start of your turn it stays under the current mechanics). I think a couple of the 5th tier spells need to be unfocused around the dial or alternatively be more rewarding to use based on the dial.

I agree with this. Give the Xelor a chance to scurry back. I propose a passive skill:

(# corresponds to level) % chance for Dial to survive if Xelor begins turn off Dial

0: 0%
1: 5%
2: 10%
3: 15%
4: 20%
5: 25%
6: 30%
7: 35%
8: 40%
9: 45%
10: 50%
11: 55% +10 Dodge Withdrawal(10) +1 MP
12: 60% +20 Dodge Withdrawal (10) +1 MP
13: 65% +30 Dodge Withdrawal (10) +1 MP
14: 70% +40 Dodge Withdrawal(20) +2 MP
15: 75% +50 Dodge Withdrawal (20) +2 MP
16: 80% +60 Dodge Withdrawal (20) +2 MP
17: 85% +70 Dodge Withdrawal(30) +3 MP
18: 90% +80 Dodge Withdrawal (30) +3 MP
19: 95% +90 Dodge Withdrawal(40) +3 MP
20: 95% +100 Dodge Withdrawal(50) +4 MP

The Withdrawal state and the additional MP are only awarded if the Dial survives. The Withdrawal state would reduce your Damage and Resistance by the number in brackets for that turn.

Any questions, comments, or edits are greatly appreciated! My numbers may be ridiculous. I don't know exactly where to put this skill in the Xelor support tree, but perhaps it could be integrated with Dial or Master of Time or Temporal Armor?

And I agree also that the last spells in the Xelor trees (at least Fire and Water) should be replaced. Maybe a dual-acting spell that can work differently on or off the dial?
0 0

I like it but I can't morally say those numbers are great. Although 20 lvls should be worth some dial time

0 0
Score : 237
Snorehiste|2012-02-22 03:09:50
I think stabilization would be too much. I think the dial should check whether you are on it at the end of your turn not the start to give the xelor a chance to get back on it (although this would mess with timekeeper usage and that may need to be looked at). (As a side note, if you step off the dial and then are moved back onto any clock face before the start of your turn it stays under the current mechanics). I think a couple of the 5th tier spells need to be unfocused around the dial or alternatively be more rewarding to use based on the dial.

I agree with this. Give the Xelor a chance to scurry back. I propose a passive skill:

(# corresponds to level) % chance for Dial to survive if Xelor begins turn off Dial

0: 0%
1: 5%
2: 10%
3: 15%
4: 20%
5: 25%
6: 30%
7: 35%
8: 40%
9: 45%
10: 50%
11: 55% +10 Dodge Withdrawal(10) +1 MP
12: 60% +20 Dodge Withdrawal (10) +1 MP
13: 65% +30 Dodge Withdrawal (10) +1 MP
14: 70% +40 Dodge Withdrawal(20) +2 MP
15: 75% +50 Dodge Withdrawal (20) +2 MP
16: 80% +60 Dodge Withdrawal (20) +2 MP
17: 85% +70 Dodge Withdrawal(30) +3 MP
18: 90% +80 Dodge Withdrawal (30) +3 MP
19: 95% +90 Dodge Withdrawal(40) +3 MP
20: 95% +100 Dodge Withdrawal(50) +4 MP

The Withdrawal state and the additional MP are only awarded if the Dial survives. The Withdrawal state would reduce your Damage and Resistance by the number in brackets for that turn.

Any questions, comments, or edits are greatly appreciated! My numbers may be ridiculous. I don't know exactly where to put this skill in the Xelor support tree, but perhaps it could be integrated with Dial or Master of Time or Temporal Armor?

And I agree also that the last spells in the Xelor trees (at least Fire and Water) should be replaced. Maybe a dual-acting spell that can work differently on or off the dial?
I like this , actually.

There are so many buffs centric on a xelor that mains water, and few that truly are geared for the other trees, and this would be a universal solution to some of those.
0 0
Score : 2004

If it's any consolation, Xelor's from Dofus don't really take off until late game. Perhaps at the 100+ levels Xelors here will feel like they do more damage? A nice weapon, combined with high mobility and ap control are nice.

There also tends to be very troublesome dungeon monsters/bosses that become much more manageable with a xelor around. Always loved having a Xelor in my group.

0 0
Score : 690

its a underpowerd solo kite class...

it would be balanced if they could not be moved off the dial by a enemy attack since they can be locked and the center of the dial attacked to prevent extra turns with a dial and it can only be summoned 3 times. a panda is the counter class with the first earth spell moving the target and they can pick people up. there dmg is to low to justify in a group. sad i liked the idea but the possible ap gain for a group isnt worth the lower dmg and instability of abilities . tic/toc mechanism great idea but its more hap hazard when thinking about survival and turns.

pve viable, pvp dead in the water if its equal lvls

0 0
M1010110101|2012-02-23 13:08:38
its a underpowerd solo kite class...

it would be balanced if they could not be moved off the dial by a enemy attack since they can be locked and the center of the dial attacked to prevent extra turns with a dial and it can only be summoned 3 times. a panda is the counter class with the first earth spell moving the target and they can pick people up. there dmg is to low to justify in a group. sad i liked the idea but the possible ap gain for a group isnt worth the lower dmg and instability of abilities . tic/toc mechanism great idea but its more hap hazard when thinking about survival and turns.

pve viable, pvp dead in the water if its equal lvls
Im kind of in accordance with this statement, something is telling me I should disagree, but I can't point out much thats wrong. Well maybe aside from the panda being the counter class.

The low damage almost in a way suits it, the amount of ap theft that goes on mixed with average damage would be too much. Its a buff/defense class I guess from the water perspective, give teammates ap, while causing the other team to do less damage.

I don't think that buffing the damage of the water trees spells is a great idea though, I also don't think messing with hyper activity is a good idea in any way either. If anything id say buff aging a bit more.
0 0

The DIAL is so great but so bad at the same time dear god, Also I think it'd be good to make the hyperaction debuff a little less maybe redues by 20 per turn, and 1 ap lost is 5 resistance?

0 0
CDaryani|2012-02-23 18:05:07
The DIAL is so great but so bad at the same time dear god, Also I think it'd be good to make the hyperaction debuff a little less maybe redues by 20 per turn, and 1 ap lost is 5 resistance?
if I'm reading this right your saying you believe the hyperactivity should be 5 per ap spell, and go down 20 per turn?

If that is what your saying you should realize this means the class will never build up enough resistance to actually keep the xelor from taking ap, even if you go 9 ap hourglass build.

by with the spell at lvl 50 most xelors will have 124% chance to demotivate on the right turn...
meaning one turn that xelor will take upwards of 4 ap and on the other turns take at least 2 or 3
0 0

^ Yeah, I mean the purpose of an Xelor is too remove Ap. Also just a suggestion add a little more to that and were going to be able to do our jobs, Shut down enemys for our team. Did you play Dofus by any chance?

0 0
CDaryani|2012-02-23 22:30:43
^ Yeah, I mean the purpose of an Xelor is too remove Ap. Also just a suggestion add a little more to that and were going to be able to do our jobs, Shut down enemys for our team. Did you play Dofus by any chance?
Yeah I did, this was my pvp/idea class so none of the chars on this account went anywhere significant.

I just think taking that much ap would be a bit too much especially in 1v1 fights.
0 0

Well if you played Dofus, Im not sure if you saw any Xelor's 10x but they would be able to take away 5-6ap or more per person and maybe like 2-3ap from everyone else. I mean I know Wakfu isnt Dofus but us bieng the masters of time/stealing ap blah blah I think we should be able to take that amount of Ap. Also the thing about Wakfu which I like is that even if you steal 6 ap from an Agi Iop for example and this would be around lvl 8x+ they would have around 10ap or more and then like 5mp and 6wakfu they could still do moves because the spells arnt all based on Ap. I mean leave the dial work on they hyperaction imo. But you do make a valid point. smile 

0 0
Respond to this thread