FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

xelor skills & spells

By Lilscooby February 01, 2012, 02:10:00

Im really concerned about two spells or skills, however you call them in this game. i dont find hydrand a very useful spell, & the fact that sinistro & hydrand have to stay in the dials to stay active longer. that just limits xelors to a point where they run out of room & cant fight. also i dont find temporal images very useful either, thats just a waste of WP. what i would suggest to Square Enix & to ankama games, is give xelors back Dark ray (replace hydrand) & Counter (as a passive skill replace temp image).....This message is just a suggestion.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 4

As far as Hydrand and Sinistro goes, I find them both very useful and useful respectively. Obviously you want to keep Hydrand & Sinistro on an hour of the clock. I don't find this necessarily disadvantageous but I can understand at first why it may seem this way. If you place Hydrand properly on an hour I feel that (especially in boss rooms) you can rack up some good damage. I'm primarily a support xelor: water & air and in comparison to my primary skills It does good damage. The key to Wakfu entirely is positioning, it starts from the first move and more importantly to your first dial placement. All I can really say is try to predict not only what enemies will do but your allies movements. Keeping all this in mind has helped me land some really successful traps: but I will admit it is somewhat luck as to how the enemies/allies move just because of variation of skills.

Sinistro is a bit more tricky. A stationary summon, as some would say: nuff said. I tend to have a little more holistic view on uses of skills: and essentially I think there is an advantage to every situation. I use Sinistro primarily as one of my first moves just to get another body out there. His damage isn't great but the -1ap chance on Slow Down in conjunction with some tanked hits to me is worth it. I'd say you have to worry about placing Sinistro more so than Hydrand just because you will take damage if in line and your allies usually play smarter with that than Sinistro.

What really draws me to these skills which I feel repels other players away is the permanent cell location. I only enjoy playing with parties, I like using these spells because I feel I have a good judgement of positioning in Wakfu, especially since I've played many games similar to this turn-based cell format. I personally feel the most rewarded for being efficient in this genre or in general I suppose. Used properly Hydrand's & Sinistro's positioning can have very high damage, support (loss of ap), block/trap, protection (partially or completely mitigating damage depending on situation) 

0 0
Score : 1288

Is hydrand effected by fire% now? If your bonus% damage matters with the ability.. it is okay, but as far as i remember it was always not effected by your gear. If not, what level are you because base stats isnt enough for doing good damage later on

Also they are not good to place on your dial cells due to blocking allies and your own movement as what lilscooby said, at least in my opinion. Too situational.

Like the suggested changes honestly.

0 0
Score : 5

so this is my point on the xelor debate.
i chose three spells, xelor punishment(air), slow down(water), and a fire, one as which does damage er ap used, ( i'm level 19 on that skill, at 24 it becomes 3 damage per ap used) i buffed mostly my air and fire skills of my points for leveling up, and used roll back mainly for my passive (though i definetly put one or two on other supportive rolls) i feel that a 20% chance of an extra attack is really good. and xelor dial is my only non color spell. at level 9 is perfect with slow down. makes almost guarantee to take off 2 ap a turn, which in some cases can win the battle. i also try to get gobb gear to up my ap.. the more ap i have the more slow down i can do to multiple enemies after doing xelor punishment.

0 0
Score : 171

Im lvl 21 at this point. i chose to be fire & water. But like you said about hydrand blocking allies & my own movement, its jst not a good spell to summon in the middle of a battle with a boss. i would consider getting rid of that spell and replace it with Dark ray since xelors have like 2 or 3 line of sight spells, or jst change its role in battle. like for example summon homing hand. that would be a good fire type summon spell, But without it disappearing if its not on the dial. Thats the other thing i wanted to talk about, the dial. they made xelor rely on the dial so much, it jst causes a big disadvantage in fighting but for saving up ap its good, i dont mind that. i think, they would have to rethink the way xelors fight. In dofus they are pretty good. A lot of good spells went missing in wakfu.

0 0
Respond to this thread