FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Xelors and the ebb and flow of FoW

By Thothus#6662 - MEMBER - August 01, 2021, 06:42:15

With the pendulum swings of turn, turn damage, and WP / AP, I believe there is value to giving Xelor bigger swings to FoW as well. FoW reduction purposes for use in Desync, and FoW buffing for improving ally's MP removing abilities and defensive purposes

Sandglass: Applies a flat +10 FoW to state bearer until it triggers, can be self targeted.

Clock: Can be casted on self/ally, grants +FoW = level of state. State cannot be overriden by another Clock cast.

Suspension: No longer greys out Gear and Symmetry after Suspension stabilising effect is applied. Until the end of the turn, any effects that should teleports the Xelor but results in not moving gives +5FoW until the start of the next turn

Premonition: Applies -10 FoW to state bearer, armour gain is 10% rather than 6%
​​​
Dial Master: FoW value changes applied while entities are on hour cells are increased by 5, by 10 if on current hour.

Flow of Time: -5FoW to entity each time an entity is teleported by the effect of a Xelor effect/passive, inclusive of Tempus Fugit and Against the Clock. Rather than Ap removal.

Dark Dimension: -20FoW, doesn’t remove %damage inflicted on current hour. Whenever the Xelor moves onto the Current Hour, consumes all armour and gives FoW = armour value/100

Some random passive: +10FoW. -5FoW on Xelor per level of Motivation state.

As usual, all FoW changes lasts until the start of the next turn.

3 0
Reactions 6
Score : 9397

so many great ideas!
Providing a different gameplay (because if you take away distortion and passive Knowledge of the Past from Xelor, they will end up with gameplay) this invigorates the identity of the class, given that Xelor is the most important manipulator with action points in the game.
given the better depth of FoW mechanics, Xelor will be able to make its water poison stronger, but we again run into damage...
I really miss the ability to heal myself at least a little if I successfully take action points
but overall, I like all the ideas you have written.
thanks

1 0
Score : 3603

I wish there was a reason to use AP removal on enemies when using combat mage passive, as it stands, it's better to cast it on your summons since they have no FoW, giving you more armour.

1 0
Score : 9428

Or give it a buff making the armor be based on HP % and not level percentage. Perhaps something like 3% of HP per use (since you can pretty much trigger battlemage 4 times by casting slowdown on yourself, spending only 4AP in the process)

1 0
Score : 9428

I wonder WHY Symmetry can't be used when stabilized, at least to damage the enemies, since it already works when we can't teleport to a cell with a stabilized target or beyond the map. Also, Gear isn't grayed out by Suspension since you're not teleporting the Xelor.

1 0
Score : 3101

I can't recall for sure but I believe you're unable to cast it on your summons or the dial after Suspension, to teleport to that cell

1 0
Score : 3603

Granthese#6501|2021-08-02 08:33:02
Or give it a buff making the armor be based on HP % and not level percentage. Perhaps something like 3% of HP per use (since you can pretty much trigger battlemage 4 times by casting slowdown on yourself, spending only 4AP in the process)

Actually you only spend 2 AP since you don't remove your own AP due to the battle mage passive.
But using it on a summon is way more effective as it can trigger more then 4 times since their willpower is always 0
1 0
Respond to this thread