FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Xelor after revamp. One more appeal to the developers.

By 9Nectum9#1864 - MEMBER - May 07, 2021, 17:54:36
Reactions 50
Score : 7411

Desynchronization, Mummification, Rollback are very old elements for Xelor identity. I will find mention of them since 2013....
With all the changes, they have never been deleted yet. It would be much better if Rollback worked
with the theft of time. This is the same rollback, but now the exchange is done for WP.
This compromise works for both the new and the previous system, allowing Xelor be Time Mage. 
After revamp need a lot of turns to boost AP through the thief of time, but Time Mage should be about AP (like it always has been) not about number of turns.
Also do something about it.

it is simply empty when all classes have this part of the identity.
One gets the feeling that the new Xelor is as empty as its indicator. 

4 0
Score : 7702

Maybe an idea could be give Xelor a native Tick Tock, like every Odd turn you have +10% damage and every Even turn you have +10 FoW with no malus whatsoever, and the passives Tick-Tock and Tock-Tick would be just improvements to it as they are now. And if people like it, maybe one spell or two could have a tiny bonus depending on Tick and Tock.

1 0
Score : 493

The argument for removing mummification was, and remains unsound, now with more data to back it up.

Premonition remains in my spell deck one of the LOWEST priority spell to take along with Clock and Sandglass.

Xelor with a revive remains just as thematic as any class with anything.

Osomodas, a summoner with with Phoenix spirit self revive

Huppermage, a DD with health steal

Rogue, a DD with (2! Why?) Health steal

Cra, a top tier DD, with health steal

Sram, an evasive rather than tanking DD, with health steal

Eliotrope, a positioner, in particular with prevention revive, even though thematically this fits the idea of a Xelor rewinding time by preparing a spell in advance best.

Enutrof, a debuffer, with self Revive.

I can agree that mummification was too strong previously -you could circumvent the HP loss by stacking armour immediately after revival. In this case, the Eliotrope’s revival method thematically fits Xelor better than it does Eliotrope. Game-wise, all distance classes are fitted with one of the three ways to support regardless of their DD potential- positioning, buffing allies, or debuffing enemies. Xelor does nothing for the latter two, and is abysmal at the former because most of his spells at best boosts his own mobility more than facilitate movement of his allies (Symmetry, Dial, Tempus Fugit)

A self revive is not too much to ask for, a target revive is relatively balanced. Again, the comparison about panda being able to heal but not revive is raised, a trait no other healers share. There’s nothing in the way of letting Xelor support better- AP giving is hard gated by costs and cooldowns, ap removal remains niche and pointless in rooms given the existence of bread (why does Remington have 20+ AP??), Poison is also useless in rooms, positioning is subpar. Premonition has so little impact over the course of a battle, it costs AP on initial cast, has a 3 turn cooldown, AND continues to drain your WP for the duration of the state.

3 0
Score : 4363

I'm really not folowing where you were going with the first part, but I do agree that AP removal isn't as impactful as other forms of debuffing.
Firstly most monsters don't spend all their AP unlike players, due to cast restrictions, and even on monsters where it does make a difference there is no clarity, unless you memorise every monsers attack patterns, you can't even proove you did anything

0 0
Score : 2056

A simple way to buff air damage so that Suspension is not the only viable damage spell-

Change the Course of Time passive to letting Tempus Fugit trigger damage on enemy targets per teleport by the temporal glyph and do either direct or indirect damage.

This is because on odd turns, any AP in excess of 10 is pointless really, since you're just casting suspension twice, and AP spent beyond that is spent on subpar AP/damage ratio spells (Hand, Hammhour, and god forbid, Desynchronisation). Any other excess AP from devotion/time theft/acceleration would have been to position Xelor in its sweet spot of damage boosting things like 3-5 range, backstab, or Current hour, or Distortion, which is not always viable given the position of enemies/allies on the map.

Letting Tempus Fugit do more than 1 stack of damage justfies its- cost better, justify a use of a passive slot better, and it is hard to abuse because either damaging spells cost more than 2AP, restricting the number of casts, or low AP spell do not do damage on cast (Against the Clock, Premonition) , or moves the enemy off the glyph anyway (Gear, Underhand). Even Slowdown has a 2 per target restriction, and subsequent Hammhour hits do not "target" the original enemies per se so they're not teleported.

3 0
Score : 4363

Dust has a good damage ratio too, but yeah course of time needs a buff, 1 AP removal on something that costs 2 AP minimum and can't even be triggered via fugit is really underwhelming

0 0
Score : 7411

also for me. 

Arachive#9273|2021-06-16 03:48:48
The argument for removing mummification was, and remains unsound, now with more data to back it up.

Premonition remains in my spell deck one of the LOWEST priority spell to take along with Clock and Sandglass.

Xelor revive was really thematic, unique and balanced. Revived lost 33% HP every turn (maximum three turns). Without a healer in a battle, such resurrection was an extreme tool  to allow an ally to be in battle for a while.
Mummification before  spell deck system allowed you to control an ally! You could literally play for him.Like a old zombie mark from Eniripsa.
But mummification was never removed from the game as they did in this revamp. They just took and removed a lot of things that made up Xelor's identity, just increasing the damage.
Yes, I also don't like that Xelor is doing little for the allies now compared to what it used to be. Now, as you rightly noted, we are increasing our mobility and are deprived of accurate positioning tools. Tempus Fugit is meaningless if we cannot remove an ally from Time Rift coz if the enemy hits him, the ally will return to the old place.It seems strange to me that a class with a positioner role has so little effective positioning. Gear at least need to be separated from destruction summons and let us use it more often. The same goes for the Paradox. it would be much better if no mediator (object) was needed to symmetrically move something. As many people wrote during the beta theme, Xelor is very limited. But his limitations harm him, he seems to shoot himself in the legs.

Arachive#9273|2021-06-16 03:48:48

A self revive is not too much to ask for, a target revive is relatively balanced. Again, the comparison about panda being able to heal but not revive is raised, a trait no other healers share. There’s nothing in the way of letting Xelor support better- AP giving is hard gated by costs and cooldowns, ap removal remains niche and pointless in rooms given the existence of bread (why does Remington have 20+ AP??), Poison is also useless in rooms, positioning is subpar. Premonition has so little impact over the course of a battle, it costs AP on initial cast, has a 3 turn cooldown, AND continues to drain your WP for the duration of the state.

Ongoing support is depleting Xelor's supply of WP which we always need to use on our basic tool - dial or identity - to control (steal) time. The provision of AP is limited and requires to do Sinistro or spam Acceleration, because no one use current Desynchronization (water spell) to buff AP. In 1.70. we could remove action points from enemies and simultaneously buff an ally. Now this spell literally works against Xelor, forcing us to play at very low willpower. Depriving again the ability to remove action points from enemies (which is the thematic role of this class-"Preventing movement").There are a lot of situations in this revamp that are against Xelor compared to what other classes can do. 

I like the idea of changing the weird passive (Course of Time) and improving the air in terms of being able to do damage (coz we only spam Suspension in air damage)
Thothus#6662|2021-06-16 04:23:28
A simple way to buff air damage so that Suspension is not the only viable damage spell-

Change the Course of Time passive to letting Tempus Fugit trigger damage on enemy targets per teleport by the temporal glyph and do either direct or indirect damage.

like this idea too . tick/tock are the identity of the class, and not just something that can be made optional and sent into passives. 
Granthese#6501|2021-06-16 02:43:37
Maybe an idea could be give Xelor a native Tick Tock, like every Odd turn you have +10% damage and every Even turn you have +10 FoW with no malus whatsoever, and the passives Tick-Tock and Tock-Tick would be just improvements to it as they are now. And if people like it, maybe one spell or two could have a tiny bonus depending on Tick and Tock.

but if a compromise is not possible with the current developer on the issue of improving the identity Xelor, then this idea is also good :
Arachive#9273|2021-06-16 03:19:19
A simple one would just be to show the number WP converted by Time Theft so that we don't have to waste time hovering over the spell to check.

In general, I would very much like Xelor to have improved positioning and support (including its own support for survivability).It feels like Xelor has no legs or arms and this feeling is constantly pressing. Especially when I see what Feca can do with it delayed buffs (just by placing one passive), allowing to better position also or what Masq as positioner can remove res, a lot heal, a lot armor and nice dmg I feel very painful and sad to play for this new Xelor. 
Thank for ideas and comments, guys! 

2 0
Respond to this thread