FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Guide] Pelayus's Xelor Guide (100% translated, THANKYOU ALL)

By Pelayus#3584 - MEMBER - March 26, 2021, 21:26:52

This guide was translated alongside community, thanks!
Just when you thought that 2020 was the worst thing that has happened in recent years, Ankama brings us a new Xelor that ... well, let's move on to the intro.

Masters of time, the xe ... No, ehm .. Masters of wakfu points, the Xelor is a unique class that over the time is used to offering a good performance to those players who manage to dominate the right moment to unleash its full offensive potential on the enemy.

Good day to all my name is Pelayus and today I will explain the new mechanics of this great class with the intention of guiding old and new Xelors on the "right" path of the basics that every Xelor player should know before making their own playstyle.

NOTE: This guide is made with personal knowledge of the class after revamp and is therefore the way, ACCORDING MYSELF, I see the most optimal Xelor to be used in the game. No statement or recommendation here is absolute and indisputable. Somethings may change due to post-beta changes as we are used to in WAKFU that can improve the function of a spell / passive that was previously very bad and magically became indispensable.

Now, before  fully moving into the spells and mechanics it is important to set a list of Pros and Cons for the new Xelor. This will allow you to know the qualities of Xelor and decide if it fits your tastes/needs.

Pros:
  • Good mobility on the map
  • Short and long-range positioner
  • Your AP (and therefore damage and capabilities) scale through combat
  • Good damage at medium range (3-5 range)
  • Low cost spells with AP withdraw

Cons:
  • Lousy Passives(currently)
  • Excessive WP consumption
  • Inefficient WP regeneration mechanic
  • Low Sustain and Hp (no cures and non-profitable armors regen)
  • Pretty bad support role compared to old Xelor

With that said, it's time to explain each of unique states in-game when you're playing with a Xelor so you're aware of what we see when using or activating class-specific effects.

Time Mage: Xelor's basic mechanic, it automatically is in play at the beginning of combat and unlocks the spells "Dial" and "Time Theft" as well as show us our WP regeneration mechanic: +1 WP at the end of turn and also transfers all remaining AP as WP for your next turn.

Distortion: This comes from the spell that bears the same name, it increases the AP damage of all of Xelor's elemental spells ( extra fire damage).

Tick & Tock: Unlike the previous Xelor (RIP) Tick and Tock will only exist if you have the passive "Tick Tock" and "Tock Tick" so it does not currently effect the Xelor in any way unless you have those passives equipped.

Current Time: This tells you the Current Time (hour) of your Dial if you summon it. It states that for every WP used in combat, the Current Time moves 1 hour (the worst thing to control in my opinion).

Protection Aura: This is gained by being in the range of your summoned Sinistro's aura buff (1-3 tiles) and gives you +50 general resistance and 1AP.

Acceleration: A generic mechanic when you gain AP

Hourglass: This comes from the spell that bears the same name and sets the effect of it.

Temporal Twist: This is activated when there are two temporal twists in combat from the spell "Temporal Fugit"

Premonition: These come from the spell that bears the same name and sets different effects depending on their use between an enemy or ally.

Time Trial: Applies the effects of the spell with the same name to the target.

Elemental spells

Disruption (3AP): Good AoE spell, simple and flat. This spell can be used to sweep enemies as long as they're in a horizontal line to you. The downside in my opinion is the low base damage and its use in a straight line. (AP/DMG lv215: 26.66)

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Distortion (3AP 2WP): A spell that certainly compliments perfectly with any elemental branch and damage build. It's a spell that you must consider in your spell deck for being an excellent damage enhancer. It can be used every turn, although for every turn you don't use it, it will cost one less AP.

Dark Bolt (4AP): For me, this spell is only half useful. You can do good damage to an enemy as long as it bounces, as u read, if it bounces. Dark Bolt has the chance to damage the initial target and in a 2x2 circle area of the target (randomly) bounce onto another one to cause much greater damage. Use if you'd go against multiple enemies, if not then your poor Sinistro will be suffering the consequences. (AP/DMG lv215: 16.7 initial target, 33.75 on rebounded targets)

Hand (5AP): Our most faithful spell as a Xelor and therefore the most indispensable for the fire branch. Hand deals damage and has a modifiable range with an excellent effect: if you manage to eliminate a target with this spell you'll recover the 5AP spent. Yes that's right, it serves to sweep enemies that you know you can kill easy peasy and not have to actually expend the AP for it (also works when killing allies that you dont need anymore with you or against trolls (AP/DMG lv215: 26.8)

Dust (4AP): At first I screamed that this spell would be erased along with its icon, however it can be haha. Dust is a spell that deals high damage without Line of Sight whose range increases with every use. It's not my favorite but if u find it fun go ahead. (AP/DMG lv215: 31)  

Sandglass (3AP): mygodwhydidtheydothistoxelors This water spell allows you to generate a reasonably strong "poison" effect on enemies, which damages the target and adjacent targets - at the cost of being delayed until the end of the turn of the target. My opinion? It's really only for cases when you want to build up damage for the net turn (if your enemy heals like it's eating a lot of breads). Personally, I don't bring it in my basic deck. (Damage per AP at 215: 41.3)

Slow down (1AP): This is a low-cost single-target spell that lets us drain AP from enemies - the only drawback is that it withdraws AP both from the xelor and their target. Because of this it's recommended to use it first - to gain willpower - before you use other AP drain spells. (Damage per AP at 215: 31)

Clock (1WP): controversial like everything Ankama does... Good concept, terrible execution. Close-combat attacks go against every fiber of my being, however, this allows you to save up damage for several turns, to detonate later (1 turn for each AP that you have at the time of casting) and generate a combo when the timer runs out. Very situational; using it depends on your style of gameplay, and whether you enjoy setting a time bomb on someone. (Level 215 damage per AP (turn) at the time of casting: 45).

Hammhour (3AP): My favorite of the water branch - and maybe the one of whole revamp. Deals damage, takes AP, and re-casts hammers on all the previous targets. Yes, Hammhour repeats its effect on every target you've hit with it this turn (and drains AP again too), which makes it a flexible spell for hitting multiple enemies. EDIT: Straight-line casting has been removed but now its just 4 cast per turn and 2 per target (Damage per AP at 215: 26.66)

Desynchronization (4AP): This spell is only half useful to me. It allows you to cause damage, withdraw AP and it applies an effect to allies so that they gain 1AP on their next turn. The problem? It only gives 1 AP and it can't be used on yourself or in close combat. (Damage per AP at 215: 24.5)Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Underhand (2 AP): Decent damage, low cost, TERRIBLE effect. Causes damage and allows you to apply a 4-square push on the xelor's next turn. Unfortunately, this effect can't be activated with any other spells, which completely negates its useless. (Damage per AP at 215: 26.5)

Tempus Fugit (2AP 2WP): You really gotta take this one on your deck. Damages enemies and generates 2 temporal torsion glyphs that act as a tunnel for swapping positions of the targets. When you hit a target on a temporal torsion glyph, it jumps to the other glyph. If both are occupied, they swap places. (Damage per AP at 215: 43)

Paradox (4AP): Requires a target at the center of the spell. Paradox swaps symmetrically all the players in a cross shape of 2 spaces (damaging enemies in the process). It's useful for positioning and activating certain effects described later on. (Damage per AP at 215: 21.5)

Symmetry (3AP): Another candidate for saving Siu from the torches of the xelor community Causes damage to the (enemy) target and transports the xelor symmetrically to the other side of it (using the target as the center)... Like Tempus Fugit and Paradox, if there's an object on the space you're teleporting to, you'll switch places with it. Doesn't damage allies. (Damage per AP at 215: 22.33)

Suspension (5AP): This is where the air branch has actual offensive potential. Deals damage and applies the "stabilized" state to the Xelor until the end of their turn. There's not much to add, it's a spell to consider for your deck. (Damage per AP at 215: 28.8)

Active and passive spells

Devotion: (4 WP): Although it's not the best version of devotion that we've seen in the game, this spell lets you give 3 AP to an ally or to yourself. The disadvantages are the high WP cost and the 2-turn cooldown.

Against the clock (2AP): Just like in past versions, this applies an effect to the target that marks their current position and returns them there at the end of their turn (as long as they aren't stabilized). If there's an object occupying that space, they switch places. 

Sinistro (2AP 2WP): Applies an aura (3 spaces around the sinistro) that gives an AP bonus to allies and enemies. It used to give resistance as well, but as of the last update, it instead deals light damage to enemies in its area...but it still gives them AP. mygod

Cog (4AP): The summon we used to know as the Hydrant is now made in China and deals light damage in a circle of 2 cells each time it's teleported or transposed. Another coney, but this one does damage when it's moved. 

Premonition (2 AP): If I say what I think about this i'll get banned from the forum.... I don't recommend its usage, but for ethical reasons I'll explain the spell anyway: Generates a shield of 6% of your max hp for 3 turns (stackable), while it removes 1 WP for each armor it generates. If applied to enemies, it reduces their next AP or MP removal attempt by 3 and regenerates a WP for the xelor (maybe this isn't too bad, but it's not something I'd use in my deck).

Gear (2 AP): Essential for getting backstab damage, killing one of your summons, escaping, or moving allies. When it's used on an enemy or ally, teleports it symmetrically about the Xelor (if the space is occupied, the two swap places..you know how it goes). If the spell is used on the Xelor's summon, the Xelor switches places with the summon and the summon is killed (after the spell).

Xelor's Dial (2AP): Though I prefer the previous version, our faithful dial still lets us move with freedom across the map, serving as a center for positioning. And, if you're on the current hour, you get 30% final damages. Each movement costs 1WP (as if the WP consumption wasn't already enough). Also, for each WP used, the current hour moves.

Time theft (1 WP): Allows you to change your WP into AP each turn, progressively. That is, the first turn it costs 1WP and gives you 1AP; the next turn it costs 2WP and gives you 2AP; and so one until 12WP and 12AP. If you skip a turn of using it, you lose the progression and it starts at 1WP again.

Here I should take something to relax and maintain mental health.

Dial master: If an enemy is in an hour cell of the dial, it will have -15% damage inflicted but in turn the Xelor will cause -10% damage ... DO NOT use. EDIT: Anyone who starts in an hour cell loses 15% damage dealt (INCLUDING THE XELOR). NEVER USE.

Timeliness: + 2 MP max in combat sacrificing your regenerated WP at end of turn. DO NOT use unless you have a lot of WP left to waste

Portent: +2 Range but enemies will cause you 15% additional damage inflicted in melee ... NOT recommended, you can use it if you are aware that they will make you hurt A LOT.

Tick ​​Tock: On even turns you get 20 willpower to drain and on odd -20 willpower. It is "ideal" to complement the passive "Tac Tic" where in odd enemy reverses and in even turns you remove PA (circumstantial use)

Tock Tick: + 25% damage dealt in odd and -25% damage dealt in odd ... What I already said ... Your ability in even turns will be reduced to squeeze your damage in odd (as in the beginning of combat) . Recommended to use

Clockmaking: Allows the Xelor to position itself at the current hour cell of your dial (if summoned) at the start of each turn but penalizes you with -10% damage inflicted if you don't hit that hour cell. EDIT: now gives you 1 range if you are in hour cell. Not recommendable

Memory: You get a maximum 6PW sacrificing half your MP in combat ... If you have more MP than a tofu in your build and you want PW then use it but if not, you will have at most 2 MP to play. Not recommendable

Course of time: I do not recommend it currently because it is half bugged in its functionality .. Remove AP from the targets that the Xelor changes position with its spells (NOTE: CHANGE position between targets) that said, if you change with an enemy or ally you will also lose AP so I do not recommend

Counterclockwise: Add a bonus of 15% damage dealt in the current time of the sphere. On the other hand, in even turns it reverses the rotation of the current time (counterclockwise) ... Well, some negative effect had to be put in and that came out ... Use it if  you like current hour cell( I doubt it).

Deja Vu: Sacrificing 4 PW we get a fixed bonus of 20% Damage dealt from the back. This, although it does not seem like the Xelor, is very useful because of the ease we have to position ourselves behind the objective and squeeze that extra damage. RECOMMENDABLE

Knowledge of the past: With this passive you sacrifice your range of gods at  cost of two little things: 4% damage inflicted for each range lost (leaves you 1 always) and 100% of your level in elemental domain which is pretty good ... At the end of the day, it's not like the current Xelor can presume of long-range spells. RECOMMENDABLE

Violent Omens: Grants 20% damage dealt if you deal damage between 3 to 5 squares (see? you dont need that much range) by sacrificing 1 MP during combat. RECOMMENDABLE

Dark Dimension: Change the sphere's 30% damage dealt for the current hour to 30 Willpower. At the moment this passive is not combined with the extra 15% damage inflicted from the "counterclockwise" passive but it could change the future. Not recommendable

Slowdown of Time: Increases the dial from 3 squares away from the center to 6 squares. It sounds very nice to travel around the map but this passive like all the others has a penalty. In this case, it prevents the Xelor from using elemental spells outside the boxes of the sphere ... Brilliant, right? NOT RECOMMENDABLE

Remanence: Simple, +1 to maximum sinisters and cogs on the ground. Additionally, Xelor summons no longer block line of sight. Recommended if you plan to take advantage of the sinistro buff or do a damage build with cog.

Specialized mechanisms: Now when an invocation dies the following effects are activated: On cog it applies a light type damage (cross of two squares), in sinister the allies gain 1 AP and the enemies lose 2 AP (cross of two squares and finally in the dial recovers 1 WP when it dies.

Momentary permutation: Quite complex to catch the rhythm in combat, it allows at the end of your turn to change position with your dial (if you have it summoned) and this in turn obtains +100 resistances. It is a circumstantial passive and its uselfulness could have benefit but considering that there are others passives that can offer more and gives less headache from so much positioning yourself.

Combat Mage: This passive blocks your ability to drain AP. When using an AP drain spell "IN BODY TO BODY" it will instead grant you a shield of 100% of your level for each AP that you “SHOULD” have taken from the enemy. Although this passive could be useful at low levels above level 186, the bonus it grants is low enough to be useful (plus it must be used in melee). Therefore, half recommended

Shriveling: This passive also blocks your ability to drain PA (didnt want it anyway ankama :sad: ). When using a "Distance" AP drain spell, it will instead apply light-type damage at the beginning of the target's turn for each AP that "SHOULD" have removed from the enemy. The type of damage is considered "indirect" and takes the Xelor's highest domain (be it single-target or zone) as an enhancer.

It can be said that it is a damage boost in water spells with the disadvantage for slow down spell that by taking AP from yourself you will also receive damage. Recommended only to use the water branch as the main one in your Xelor. Edit: When we are the ones who lose the AP it does not affect us since it is removed in melee and therefore does not apply the passive on the Xelor. (thanks to Lany Fugit for the info)

Assimilation: Losing 6 WP max in combat assimilation allow to recover 2PW for each kill (includes invos and allies if you want to kill your guildmate). Although I like the fact of recovering PW in this way, the cost to pay is VERY high, so I do NOT recommend this passive.

Characteristics 

In this section of the guide I will distribute the points that ACCORDING TO ME believe are the most efficient for the class at the moment. However, I will leave optional ways so that it adapts to the gameplay of each player and they continue being recommended for what I believe is the "comfort zone" of our Xelor.

At this moment, the Xelor continues to fulfill a primary function as a damage dealer above lock, tank and support. Therefore, the general approach will be oriented to squeeze the potential of the xelor in its ability to deal damage while ignoring the defensive capabilities that the characteristic points allow us to unlock.

Intelligence: Here our priority is to reach low levels enough life (at least 10 points up) and then invest in increasing our resistances to the maximum since here we have no option to improve the character offensively.

• - 10 points to resistance
  • - Rest of points to% of life

Optional: 10 points to% of health points in armor since xelor currently does not heal (before it was healed with% of maximum life so it was better not to invest in shield).

Strength: Depending on the style of play you prefer (melee / distance or single objective / zone) focus your points on 2 of these types of domains and then leave the rest on elementals.

• - 20 points at distance mastery (Melee only if you decide to make the Xelor a “combat mage” hahaha)
  • - 20 points to single target / zone domain (I prefer to target single target because of the wide variety of spells it has compared to zone ones ... I still leave it to your discretion).
  • - Rest to elemental domain

Agility: Willpower and initiative are vital for solo or group PvP. However, if you want to be focused on PvM I recommend opting for initiative and then the rest to dodge (although it is up to you if you want to take AP from a Gobball).

• - 20 points at willpower (Only if you are going to play with drains)
  • - 20 points for the initiative
  • - Rest to dodge

OPTION 2: EVERYTHING to dodge (as you will see, moving can be a headache if they stabilize us).

Luck: The critics are par excellence the best option. If you feel experienced with the positioning mechanics, you could take advantage of your backstab to do a little more constant damage.

• - 20% critical hit
  • - Rest to critical domain

Optional: Backstab (The current Xelor has friendly mechanics to reach the enemy's back and take advantage of this bonus).

Major: Here they should primarily raise PA and MP (the Xelor with 1 MP is not of much use and with these passives this scenario is very likely). Then they must choose what they think is most convenient: Damage, range, PW or resistances.

• - 1 AP
  • - 1 MP
  • - Final damages
  • - Final resistance

Optional: Range and damage (in case you want to play Xelor at long range or take advantage of the passive "Knowledge of the Past" and get 4% damage dealt)

Optional: 2 PW (Only if you feel like you need those 2 PW to make your gameplay functional without burning all your PWs so fast)

Xelor deck composition

A Xelor depending on the focus he has will vary considerably his choices for each deck he wants to build, mostly conditioned to the type of damage he wants to do or the role he plays at the moment (DD, Positioner / Lock).

Note: For me, the Xelor support died with the last rework.

For this guide, I will show you a series of decks that can be versatile enough to complement your team correctly as well as for yourself playing solo.

Note 2: The empty boxes in passives correspond to generic passives that you wish to add to personal tastes (damage inflicted, dodge or initiative).

Fire-Water Build: 
51-754-753-775-749-1417-772-765-777-5344-776-2839-7186-7187-764-7185-0-0 

Fire-Air Build:
751-754-753-767-765-772-771-1418-777-5344-776-2839-7186-7187-764-7185-0-0

Tri-elemental Build:
754-771-751-775-749-772-765-767-753-5344-777-2839-7186-7187-764-7185-0-0 

Mechanisms Build (cog):
754-771-751-775-749-772-765-767-753-5344-777-2839-7186-7187-764-7185-0-0 

Indirect damage/poisons Build:
783-775-763-749-765-772-751-754-771-777-2839-5344-7186-7187-764-7185-7195-5144

AP Drain Build (option 1): classic
754-753-751-775-749-1417-772-765-776-2839-777-5344-7186-7187-764-7185-5353-0

AP Drain Build (option 2): AP withdraws with movement
754-753-751-775-749-1417-772-765-1418-2839-777-5344-7186-7187-764-7185-5353-785

Xelor AoE Build:
750-752-1418-1417-751-766-765-772-776-2839-777-5344-764-7186-7187-7185-4956-5144

General mechanics

In this section I want to focus on leaving you some simple but useful ideas to  build a combo/game mode later. My intention is to correctly show the possibilities that can be presented with this new Xelor to improve your strategies in combat.

Backstab: As I said above in the post, the Xelor has many facilities to appear behind the enemy and take advantage of this bonus (be it in characteristics, equipment oriented to this domain, etc). I will teach you the various mechanics that allow the player to position himself to use his back.

Gear is perfect since it keeps the target position where it is looking and lets you take advantage of that extra damage for 2 AP (it hurts that gear is 1 use per turn).

Symmetry on the other hand allows you to be the one to transport yourself and thus take the enemy's back for only 3 AP (1 use per target, use it wisely).[/left]

Paradox preserves the same principle as gear and if you consider that it is feasible to use it to take you behind enemies then go ahead.[/left]

Tempus Fugit is ideal to generate a simple tunnel effect and change position with your enemy to appear behind him. What you should keep in mind is to get out of the tunnel at the end to avoid being teleported again

Finally, it is always good to remember that we have a dial that gives us the same (currently it is for the only thing I use this spell unfortunately).

Positioning: Currently our Xelor has a wide range of positioning based on teleportation and change of position between objectives. Whether to group enemies, save allies or simply escape the gates of hell, I will leave you some basic examples to learn how to position yourself:

This is a basic combination to make a different use of tempus fugit. Here we basically set the twists by setting the target square where we want to locate our ally / enemy and later teleport it to tunnel A so that it is then sent to tunnel B

This is just a variant of the previous mechanics but using symmetry instead (the sinister makes it more cumbersome but it is to show that if there was an enemy / ally covering our objective it is possible to move it equally with symmetry.

Currently (I think it was not like that before) if we position a target in the box where against the clock makes its effect at the end of the turn you will change position with that target since it occupies your square. This allows us to easily move allies or enemies just by teleporting very far and returning to our starting square.

Here I want to give a simple example of how you can combine the positioning of the Xelor to generate some damage and move our enemy at a great distance.

Cog: If something "new" brings us this reform without a doubt it is this new mechanic that depending on the practice and the taste you have in this game mode you can exploit a certain potential in damage area ideal to sweep enemies in PvM. However, being a bit complicated to position these wheels to give them efficient use, I leave you a basic tip to move them more easily and adapted to the reality of a fight.

With the mechanics above on tempus fugit you can place a torsion under the cog to move it freely and apply damage to enemies.

In addition to the initial mechanics with a cog you can have 2 temporary twists under both cogs and simply move them at ease with any spell if it is not from your Xelor:

Bug? Well, no idea, I just know that they sent me this by message, I tried it and a rather peculiar combo came out with just applying a time trial on a gear wheel to apply 2 times its damage effect ... in my opinion it does not swing the xelor area but hey, it's double damage almost free ...

Well let's see, if it works with one, it works with two ... It is the same combo as above with the variant of applying torsions of the tempus fugit on both wheels to apply the effect on the square and move them (summary: it is better combo like this).

AP withdraw: Today I consider that the Xelor has an improvement in its withdrawal capabilities compared to previous versions of it (Although to give AP it is useless) which allows to complement an acceptable damage + withdraw AP. However, this does not mean that it is the best option to clean up PvM matches.

This is a simple combo, applied on turn 2 and can be improved if you have more than one target to climb with a hammhour draining more AP that way (you can use sinistro, wheels or dial. I recommend starting with a slowdown to lose PA and gain will with it, which improves subsequent withdrawals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To finish with this guide I want to thank you for getting here (I know there has been a lot of text and content everywhere). I hope this contribution to the Xelors community is useful in the face of so much post-rework chaos and allows them to go a little more on track from here on.

Any detail, doubt, suggestion will be well received in this post with respect and good intentions to help polish this guide to make it better every day for the entire community (I'm sure something was wrong, incomplete or missing). I have to add new posts in the future with combos and mechanics that I have already been putting together in hours of testing, you will have more information about it.

- Pelayus.
16 -1
Reactions 18
Score : 77

Damn, I dont think I speak spanish good enough to translate your guide in english but I can understand spanish good enough to see that you have done an amazing job on that guide !

Muchas gracias !

1 0
Score : 364

Thanks! i appreciate it 

0 0
Score : 267

Thanks for sharing. I too don't have the language skills to translate but can understand it decently. And you did a very good job.

1 0

Thanks and no problem. Its a pleasure support wakfu community

0 0
Score : 2460

I have a translator app on my phone, I can translate it, and see if it makes enough sense and copy/paste it here for you to paste on the english xelor subforum if you'd like

Translation and grammar correction in progress, not finished: I need rest and sleep since I'm a person, I'll continue again unless somebody else would like to work on it as well

Just when you thought 2020 was the worst thing that has happened in these last few years Ankama brings us a new Xelor that.....well, let's move onto the guide.

Masters of time Masters of Wakfu Points, Xelors are a unique class that over time, peforms well to players who manage to master the right moment to unleash their offensive potential on the enemy.

Good day to all my name is Pelayus and today I will explain the new mechanics of this great class with the intention of guiding old and new Xelors on the "right" of the basics that every Xelor player should know before making their own playstyle.

Note: This guide I made is of my own personal experience of the class after the rework and is therefore ???? ????, as how I see Xelors most optimally used in-game. None of my advice or comments in here are absolute or indisputable. It's also subject to post-beta changes as we are used to in WAKFU that can alter the function and power of spells, actives and passives that were previously ??? and ????? indispensable.

However, before fully moving onto the spells and mechanics(?), it is important to set a list of Pros and Cons for the new Xelor. This will allow you to know the qualities of Xelor and decide if it fits your tastes/needs.
Pros:

• Good Mobility on the map
  • Short and long-range positioner
  • Your AAs(Auto Attacks?) (and therefore damage and capabilities) scale throughout combat
  • Good damage at medium range (3-5 range)
  • Low AP usage
Cons:
  • Lousy Passives(currently)
  • Excessive WP consumption
  • Inefficient WP regeneration mechanic
  • Low Sustain and Hp (no cures and non-profitable armors?)
  • Pretty bad support role compared to old Xelor

With that said, it's time to explain each of unique mechanics(?) in-game when you're playing with a Xelor so you're aware of what we see when using or activating class-specific effects.

(A LOT OF PICTURES)

Time Mage: Xelor's basic mechanic, it automatically is in play at the beginning of combat and unlocks the spells "Dial" and "Time Theft" as well as sets us up for our WP regeneration mechanic: +1 WP at the end of turn and also transfers all remaining AP as WP for your next turn.

Distortion: This comes from the spell that bears the same name, it increases the AP damage of all of Xelor's elemental spells ( extra fire damage).

Tick & Tock: Unlike the previous Xelor (RIP) Tick and Tock will only exist if you have the passive "Tick Tock" and "Tock Tick" so it does not currently effect the Xelor in any way unless you have those passives equipped.

Current Time: This tells you the Current Time (hour) of your Dial if you have it up. It states that for every WP used in combat, the Current Time moves 1 hour (deadly? to control in my opinion).

Protection Aura: This is gained by being in the range of your summoned Sinistro's aura buff (1-3 tiles) and gives you +50 general resistance.

Acceleration: A generic mechanic when gaining AP(?)

Hourglass: This comes from the spell that bears the same name and sets the effect of it.(?)

Temporal Twist: This is activated when there are two temporal twists in combat from the spell "Temporal Fugit"

Premonition: These come from the spell that bears the same name and sets different effects depending on their use between an enemy or ally.

Time Trial: Applies the effects of the spell with the same name to the target.
Elemental Spells
(Pictures)

Disruption (3AP): Simple, bread and butter spell. This spell can be used to sweep enemies as long as they're in a horizontal line to you. The downside in my opinion is the low base damage and its use in a straight line.
(AP/DMG lv215: 26.66)
(Picture)

Distortion (3AP 2WP): A spell that certainly compliments perfectly with any elemental branch and damaging spell(?). It's a spell that you must consider in your spell deck for being an excellent damage enhancer. It can be used every turn, although for every turn you don't use it, it will cost one less AP.
(Picture)

Dark Bolt (4AP): For me, this spell is only partly useful. You can do good damage to an enemy as long as it bounces, sure, if it bounces. Dark Bolt has the chance to damage the initial target and in a 2x2 area of the target (randomly) bounce onto another one to cause much greater damage. Use if you'd go against multiple enemies, if not then your poor Sinistro will be suffering the consequences.
(AP/DMG lv215: 16.7 Initial target, 33.75 on rebounded targets)

Hand (5AP): Our most faithful spell as a Xelor and therefore the most indispensable for the fire branch. Hand deals damage and has a modifiable range with an excellent effect: if you manage to eliminate a target with this spell you'll recover the 5AP spent. Yes that's right, it serves to sweep enemies that you know you can kill with even a feather and not have to actually expend the AP for it (also works when killing allies who won't work with you or against trolls).
(AP/DMG lv215: 26.8)

Dust (4AP): At first I screamed that this spell would be erased along with its icon, however it can be(??). Dust is a spell that deals high damage without Line of Sight whose range increases with every use. It's not my favorite but I use for diversity(?) ???????????

2 0

update: it makes plenty of sense reading through it, some parts are confusing but I will update you on the topic later.

0 0
Score : 1412

(water and air spells translated..I'll get to the others in a bit)
Sandglass (3AP): mygodwhydidtheydothistoxelors This water spell allows you to generate a reasonably strong "poison" effect on enemies, which damages the target and adjacent targets - at the cost of being delayed until the end of the turn of the target. My opinion? It's really only for cases when you want to build up damage for the net turn (if your enemy heals like it's munching breads). Personally, I don't bring it in my basic deck. (damage per AP at 215: 41.3)

Slow down (1ap): This is a low-cost single-target spell that lets us drain AP from enemies - the only drawback is that it withdraws AP both from the xelor and their target. Because of this it's recommended to use it first - to gain willpower - before you use other AP drain spells. Damage per AP at 215: 25

Clock (1wp): controversial like everything Ankama does... Good concept, terrible execution. Close-combat attacks go against every fiber of my being, however, this allows you to save up damage for several turns, to detonate later (1 turn for each AP that you have at the time of casting) and generate a combo when the timer runs out. Very situational; using it depends on your style of gameplay, and whether you enjoy setting a time bomb on someone. Level 215 damage per AP (turn) at the time of casting: 45.

Hammhour (3ap): My favorite of the water branch - and maybe the whole rework. Deals damage, takes AP, and re-casts hammers on all the previous targets. Yes, Hammhour repeats its effect on every target you've hit with it this turn (and drains AP again too), which makes it a flexible spell for hitting multiple enemies. Damage per AP at 215: 26.66

Desynchronization (4ap): This spell is only half useable. It allows you to cause damage and take AP, and it applies an effect to allies so that they gain 1AP on their next turn. The problem? It only gives 1 AP (after draining 2) and it can't be used on yourself or in close combat. Damage per AP at 215: 24.5

Underhand (2 AP): Decent damage, low cost, TERRIBLE effect. Causes damage and allows you to apply a 4-square push on the xelor's next turn. Unfortunately, this effect can't be activated with any other spells, which completely negates its usefulness. Damage per AP at 215: 26.5.

Tempus Fugit (2AP 2WP): You really gotta take this one. Damages enemies and generates 2 temporal torsion glyphs that act as a tunnel for swapping positions of the targets. When you hit a target on a temporal torsion glyph, it jumps to the other glyph. If both are occupied, they swap places. Damage per AP at 215: 43.

Paradox (4AP): Requires a target at the center of the spell. Paradox swaps symmetrically all the players in a cross shape of 2 spaces (damaging enemies in the process). It's useful for positioning and activating certain effects described later on. Damage per AP at 215: 21.5

Symmetry (3AP): Another candidate for saving Siu from the torches of the mob Causes damage to the (enemy) target and transports the xelor symmetrically to the other side of it (using the target as the center)... Like Tempus Fugit and Paradox, if there's an object on the space you're teleporting to, you'll switch places with it. Doesn't damage allies. Damage per AP at 215: 22.33

Suspension (5AP): This is where the air branch has actual offensive potential. Deals damage and applies the "stabilized" state to the Xelor until the end of their turn. There's not much to add, it's a spell to consider for your deck. Damage per AP at 215: 28.8

2 0

thanks! its gonna be so useful to update this post

0 0
Score : 46

(It's called Underhand!)

1 0

thank you! fixed it.

1 0

Thank you all, at this rate we will be able to translate all the content soon for the English community!

let's go everyone!

1 0

I sadly cannot continue this, I’ve been feeling sick lately I apologize

2 0

its okay, you already made a good contribution to the post. I hope you get better soon 

0 0

Active spells (I gave up on english names of the spells so you'll have to forgive that...)

Devotion: (4 WP): Although it's not the best version of devotion that we've seen in the game, this spell lets you give 3 AP to an ally or to yourself. The disadvantages are the high WP cost and the 2-turn cooldown.

Against the clock (2AP): Just like in past versions, this applies an effect to the target that marks their current position and returns them there at the end of their turn (as long as they aren't stabilized). If there's an object occupying that space, they switch places. 

Sinistro(2AP 2WP): Applies an aura (3 spaces around the sinistro) that gives an AP bonus to allies and enemies. It used to give resistance as well, but as of the last update, it instead deals light damage to enemies in its area...but it still gives them AP. mygod

Rueda dentada (4AP): The summon we used to know as the Hydrant is now made in China and deals light damage in a circle of 2 cells each time it's teleported or transposed. Another coney, but this one does damage when it's moved. 

Premonition (2 AP): If I say what I think about this i'll get banned from the forum.... I don't recommend its usage, but for ethical reasons I'll explain the spell anyway: Generates a shield of 6% of your max hp for 3 turns (stackable), while it removes 1 WP for each armor it generates. If applied to enemies, it reduces their next AP or MP removal attempt by 3 and regenerates a WP for the xelor (maybe this isn't too bad, but it's not something I'd use in my deck).

Engranaje (2 AP): Essential for getting backstab damage, killing one of your summons, escaping, or moving allies. When it's used on an enemy or ally, teleports it symmetrically about the Xelor (if the space is occupied, the two swap places..you know how it goes). If the spell is used on the Xelor's summon, the Xelor switches places with the summon and the summon is killed (after the spell).

Xelor's Dial (2AP): Though I prefer the previous version, our faithful dial still lets us move with freedom across the map, serving as a center for positioning. And, if you're on the current hour, you get 30% final damages. Each movement costs 1WP (as if the WP consumption wasn't already enough). Also, for each WP used, the current hour moves.

Time theft (1 WP): Allows you to change your WP into AP each turn, progressively. That is, the first turn it costs 1WP and gives you 1AP; the next turn it costs 2WP and gives you 2AP; and so one until 12WP and 12AP. If you skip a turn of using it, you lose the progression and it starts at 1WP again.

1 0

Thanks!, info added to original post.

0 0

I decided to finish this work myself, special thanks to Alexluu and ByAllMeans

0 0
Score : 7372
Q.E.D. 
it would be better if the dial master took the resists from everyone who stood on the dial cells and transferred resist to dial body. we wrote comments to revise the effect of the dial master passive,  but so far silence...
thank you for the guide and your time. I totally agree with recommendations for use
these passives are so sad that I can hardly believe that this is a revamp sad
Pelayus

Dial master: If an enemy is in an hour cell of the dial, it will have -15% damage inflicted but in turn the Xelor will cause -10% damage ... DO NOT use. EDIT: Anyone who starts in an hour cell loses 15% damage dealt (INCLUDING THE XELOR). NEVER USE.

Portent: +2 Range but enemies will cause you 15% additional damage inflicted in melee ... NOT recommended, you can use it if you are aware that they will make you hurt A LOT.

Assimilation: Losing 6 WP max in combat assimilation allow to recover 2PW for each kill (includes invos and allies if you want to kill your guildmate). Although I like the fact of recovering PW in this way, the cost to pay is VERY high, so I do NOT recommend this passive.

6 -2
Respond to this thread