FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class Revamp 2020 - Xelor

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
Reactions 164
Score : -349

legendaryxelor|2020-06-21 14:30:16
Prove it or it never happen. Live Server, realistic actual in-game grind. Not some fantasy Wakfu Builder.

You are the one whos making things up. First it should be you who needs to prove himself.

legendaryxelor|2020-06-21 14:37:38

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-21 10:26:40

You sound like someone who personally hate Sacrier and Cra.Its fine just because Xelor can't self sustain doesn't mean they aren't good at the things they do currently.

1. Sacrier and Cra are the primary Examples of DD with high Sustainability, in Cra's cases, even high Mobility. They were examples in context to all the Anti-Xelor Arguments.

2. Well, all the Anti-Xelor argument above seems to imply Xelor is the all Ultimate OverPowered Class with no Downside.

You either have:
High Damage + High Sustainability + Mid Mobility, such as Sacrier, Cra, Sram...etc

OR

High Damage + Low Sustainability + High Mobility, in Xelor's Case.

You can't have everything. That's how class Balance works. You don't simply call out nerf to other class just because you suck in the game.

You need to learn the class first instead of making things up.
If you aren't good at playing Xelor it doesn't mean they need hrr durr buffs.

I never had cra seen reviving someone or Sacrier doing the same or buffing your allies with Ap.
Nice try no matter how much you try but the class needs some restrictions.

0 -7
Score : 269

B-but if ankama nerfs Xelors, they can still rholl backwicked

2 0
Score : 1067

airFoxy|2020-06-17 07:31:29
about this, i have a xelor too, 200, enuf for you?

I have a Lv.200 Cra too, I think it's too Overpowered with no downside.

Top Tier Damage that can bypass Boss Phase Change
Top Tier Range, easily +15 Range
Top Tier Self Heal, can Full Heal from 1% in One Turn
Top Tier -ve MP Debuff, can easily remove 6MP from Enemy
Top Tier -ve Range Debuff
Top Tier Mobility, easily Move Across the Map to Kite enemy with Roll, Steal MP, Beacon
Can stabilize Target at Will
Can push Target into any direction with Beacon
Basically can Kite target Forever and Self Heal along the way.

I think it needs to be Nerf so other class wont feel left out in the Meta.
smile
6 -3

legendaryxelor|2020-06-21 18:48:15

Top Tier Mobility, easily Move Across the Map to Kite enemy with Roll, Steal MP, Beacon

smile

I do believe they should nerf some aspect of Cras as well.
But it's Xelor revamp thread please stop derailing.
1 -9
Score : 90

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-21 11:01:01

I do believe they should nerf some aspect of Cras as well.But it's Xelor revamp thread please stop derailing.

Just because you got proven wrong doesn't make it derailing. 
Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-18 21:12:57

hemyani|2020-06-18 22:50:27
TLDR nerf Xelors Lol (especially the no-heal resistance shenanigans whenever they heal)

Xelors are currently one of the best class to have in endgame. They have high damage output and can move freely anywhere with the help of Dial.
I guess its time to put some restrictions on the Xelor.

cody5|2020-06-20 11:15:11
I think they might tone down their mobility, but that's about it. They aready have the huge weakness of being a glass cannon with less sustain then any other class in the game.

I dont think they are Glass Cannon , i have seen Xelors with 75-80 % res its just you need to sacrifice mp for it. Although  even with 4 Mp its easier for them reach their target.

Also this argument started first because of you throwing out unprovable claims. You just stated yourself that xelors have to sacrifice MP to be able to have nearly as much Res as the other two classes, how is that a 'fair' comparison?

If you have to sacrifice mobility to make yourself tankier, then hey, I guess the class is a glass cannon. This is a thread about xelor revamp, stop trying to throw opinions into this as if they are facts
Pros:
  • Xelors do high damage and have pretty decent mobility.
  • Xelors can position allies along their dial  if needed. (other classes can move people better)
  • Xelors can AP nuke people and give allies AP.

Cons:
  • Xelors have an inferior sustain mechanic
  • Xelors do less damage than other damage dealers
  • Xelors require planning for their turns
  • Xelors have a lackluster AP removal gameplay
7 -1

LunarPoison|2020-06-21 20:52:40

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-21 11:01:01

I do believe they should nerf some aspect of Cras as well.But it's Xelor revamp thread please stop derailing.

Just because you got proven wrong doesn't make it derailing. 
Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-18 21:12:57

hemyani|2020-06-18 22:50:27
TLDR nerf Xelors Lol (especially the no-heal resistance shenanigans whenever they heal)

Xelors are currently one of the best class to have in endgame. They have high damage output and can move freely anywhere with the help of Dial.
I guess its time to put some restrictions on the Xelor.

cody5|2020-06-20 11:15:11
I think they might tone down their mobility, but that's about it. They aready have the huge weakness of being a glass cannon with less sustain then any other class in the game.

I dont think they are Glass Cannon , i have seen Xelors with 75-80 % res its just you need to sacrifice mp for it. Although  even with 4 Mp its easier for them reach their target.

Also this argument started first because of you throwing out unprovable claims. You just stated yourself that xelors have to sacrifice MP to be able to have nearly as much Res as the other two classes, how is that a 'fair' comparison?

If you have to sacrifice mobility to make yourself tankier, then hey, I guess the class is a glass cannon. This is a thread about xelor revamp, stop trying to throw opinions into this as if they are facts
Pros:
  • Xelors do high damage and have pretty decent mobility.
  • Xelors can position allies along their dial  if needed. (other classes can move people better)
  • Xelors can AP nuke people and give allies AP.

Cons:
  • Xelors have an inferior sustain mechanic
  • Xelors do less damage than other damage dealers
  • Xelors require planning for their turns
  • Xelors have a lackluster AP removal gameplay

You need to improve your reading comprehension if you feel like i am proven wrong.
And I am only going to consider the current meta game gears even if they are mythic you can easily reach 75 % Resistence. Try reaching end game you will realise.

About the Cons part :
  • Xelor's damage is par with Top damage dealers , i would rather have them on statis 21+ runs than a Cra.
  • Almost every class requires planning for their turn if you are doing High level dungeons.You can't Iop all the way.
  • You don't need sustainablity if you are going to do runs with Armor providing class or Healing class and most of the times when you are running a dungeon Healers are must.
  • With high force of will you can easily remove 5-6 or even higher. It isn't bad but improvement is definitely required. What they can do is something similar to Enu's -mp spell.

0 -9
Score : -814

legendaryxelor|2020-06-21 18:48:15

smile

okay let unpack something. 
Top tier dmg?,  the dmg on cra its need a condition, ridd, now ridd nolongger -crithitresist, need 1 slot passive to stack 100 point and only use 1 detructive arrow for sure, need shaphenring arrow, need elusive turn, need crit, need buff for another char to optimal they dmg , bypass boss phase? are you crazy?
Top tier dmg, easly get 15 range?  how? are u just testt it on beta and tell that u got a cra or what?. cra can basicaly got 9 or 10 with 200 gears, if you need more, u must fully gears and submid 5 gears to get 15 ranges, and lot another 2 gears to get more 10% crithit. So that call easly?
Self heal, full heal from 1%, yeah cra can do it intead of do dmg, it mean u most ur hightest dmg turn just only for heal, stack flam point and heal, that isnt plays of cra
Top -mp defbuff? again, you just waste all dmg for -1mp waste ap for nothing, and get nothing back if you dont give another passive slot for it. again, cra lack of dmg
range debuff, ignore it, cause i never use them smile) weak and need bittling blow, about 7ap? nope
top tier mobility.....ewwwwwwww smile)))))), are u talking about xelor?
can stabilize target , many character got it spell even better, less aps more even
can push taget anydriection, yeah, 2 sell push per air spell, need 1 bean 2more spell, weak 4ap but still cant direction if target cant get stuck anywhere
conclusion
U know nothing about cra, just test and ask, like just bring fire spell then test, then bring earth then test, then bring air then test, even dont kno how to mix them, then its not good way to provice that cra on top, cra realty top at top 4 dmg dealer. xelor top 1,2nd is foogers, next is huppermage and then cra, the character gamble all they resists for 1 reason..dmg. 

2 -10
Score : -814

i know u try to find the way to said: xelor weak now, dont touch it, but this is not that way to compare with. My english is bad, u can know or dont up to you. But xelor realy Op now, they defenitly get a nerf, SURE

0 -8
Score : 146

legendaryxelor|2020-06-21 15:48:15

smile

u can make everything sound broken if u talk like that  here  let me .. let me try this out 

i have a lvl 200 masq , i think its overpowered with no downsides 

top tier aoe dmg can easly kill 4-5 mobs in 1 turn 
top tier mobility can easly reach anyone on the map in 1 turn 
top tier buff can buff allies with 20% crit and 40+ %dmg an 20% healing 
top tier support and heal . can easly heal self from 1-100% in 1 turn 

double . map wide revive . alot of collision . res removal and superior positioning 

masq is totaly broken :clown: 

What kind of example is that, you're basically using an end game situational Xelor build to prove your point? Either you're just trolling, or simply ignorant of the struggle Xelor need to go through just to stay on Par with other DD Class.

For comparison sake, Xelor with that Resist generally will have the following build
Xelor: 75% Resist, 4MP, 13AP, 3K+ Mastery, 10~30CH

In contrast, most DD with of the same equipment Tier will have
Cra: 75% Resist, 6MP, 12AP, 4K+ Mastery, 100CH
Sacrier: 85% Resist, 6MP, 12AP, 5K+ Mastery, 10~30CH

and that doesn't even cover self Sustainability. In order for Xelor to even heal, Xelor needs to Waste 1 Passive Slot just to even heal, even then, it's required to Remove 3AP every single time just to heal 5% HP. Now imagine if your Target has the same or higher FoW as your Xelor, that basically means you'll be considered lucky managing to heal even just once per turn. Oh, guess what, Xelor heal doesn't scale with Mastery, the only way is to sacrifice Mastery and Damage Inflicted just to boost your Max HP. Even then, at 15K Health, that only equates to 750HP per heal. Oh did I forgot to mention AP removed from Ally and Mechanical Target doesn't count? and it has to be actual Enemy Target often with high FoW in both PvM and PvP? The exploit Cra and Sacrier enjoy from Bone Marrow combo doesn't work for Xelor.

In Contrast
Cra and Sacrier doesn't need to waste a passive slot just to heal, their self sustain ability is baked into their attack spells free of charge. Not only that, it Scales with their Mastery! In late end, paired with Bone Marrow Active Spell, Full Heal from 1% HP is a bliss for both Cra and Sacrier in a Single Turn. Broken right?

cra and sacrier are ur worse case of showing what a class with sustain can do . as both sacrfice alot of dmg inorder to heal . and what exploit are u talking about . bone marrow does water heals . if anyone is gonna use it well its absolutly xelor  . also classes that u should acctualy use for example to healing is hupper and sram which have the current highest lifesteal in the game and both dont sacrfice much to heal  . xelor is a much much much better DD than cra and sac (considering sac is a DD that is ) simply because AOE is so much better . 
5 -9
Score : 115

Is the xelor revamp next or osamodas? pensive

0 0
Score : 3393

Considering they are releasing an Osamodas map... it might actualy mean Osa is the next!

0 0

cawleerr|2020-06-22 02:24:57

u can make everything sound broken if u talk like that  here  let me .. let me try this out 

cra and sacrier are ur worse case of showing what a class with sustain can do . as both sacrfice alot of dmg inorder to heal . and what exploit are u talking about . bone marrow does water heals . if anyone is gonna use it well its absolutly xelor 

1. That was Sarcasm in response to the Anti Xelor Arguments made by Airfox and his Alt. It's pretty much the same word to word basis of his argument about Xelor being an OverPowered Class with no DownSide.

2. LifeSteal + BoneMarrow Combo. Do I really have to explain this to you? Seems to me you're still a noob and have not reach the point in-game to witness this Combo in action. But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you're not just some troll.

The TL;DR of this Combo is, with High Base Damage Mastery from Eliotrope's Hiding (Earth), and Sacrier's Cage of Blood (Fire), paired with the Low Resist of Bone Marrow, allows a great amount of LifeSteal as the Amount Healed is determined by the Damage you Dealt, meaning If you Hit 20K on a 0Resist, you'll Heal 20K Health.

The fact you told me people actually uses Bone Marrow default Water Heal as a healing mechanism, tells me either you're a straight up Noob, that's completely out of the Loop in current Meta, or just a Troll attempting to mislead / derail the Discussion. Do yourself a favor and play the game, learn the current meta, get your facts right, before commenting.
6 -1
Score : 5180

Boi, this thread sure devolved into a online fist-fight

But putting my actual thought on this entire "discussion", I think we should just ignore them.. They are either:
  • A. Trolls that know that what they are saying is DEEPLY incorrect and are just saying it to fan the flames of war or
  • B. Just absolute diaper wearing troglodytes

Neither of which deserve any comments in my opinion, just let them fade away like dust in the wind
6 0
Score : 4856

An indicator of class strength is how universal it is for every dungeon in the game. You write that Xelor is very strong. This statement serves you only as a tool to convince others of the need for a nerf.
However, if we take the content of the final level, then Xelor is not the number one of the classes that people take to their team. Number one is FECA, ENI, ENU.
For example, UB Nogorod.

Nobody takes Xelors there. What is this talking about? This suggests that the class is not so strong that it needs a nerf. The class only needs major repairs. Even (!) the new Feca is much more interesting and deep in update 1.68  than Feca in 1.67.
For lower-level content, Xelor also has many competitors. Xelor can heal himself only starting at level 170 and subject to various conditions. Many classes that do damage and have tools for mobility (Eca, Sacrier, Fogger, Cra etc.) can be healed much earlier or make armor for themselves. Xelor has big minuses in survivability and the fact that it class has only 8 passives. Have you seen how many passives in Feca 1.68? LOOOL 17 !

Let's do a resume.
- -Xelors are not the top class in mobility, but they have great tools in this role. This role does not allow you to do a lot of damage at the same time 
- -Xelors have a class tool for manipulating AP
- -Xelors can do damage (iop can do more dmg and cra) 
- -Xelors can summon two gears, but players want more depth for playing in the gears.
- -Xelors are weak enough if the conversation is about healing+armor. We have no passives in order to be a tank or a protector.
- Xelors Dial also have minuses (mobs easily destroy it and we cannot do it every turn). 
Revamp means a change that the class needs support and not nerf. I see that players who really play for this class and do not trolling here want improvement mechanisms, removal ap and more survivable. 
BUT! 
this is our side 

GD write that they want to experiment with DIAL. Perhaps we will get deeper gameplay with or without DIAL. Xelor (I will call it the old version) can teleport the enemy and ally to dial and we have spell which also interacts with DIAL. 

and for NEW Revamped Xelors Siu (GD) said :

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

It will probably have some orientation where it can deal additional damage for each AP its target has lost. That way, we can have a synergy with the own AP removal mechanic of the class, and with any ally that can remove APs as well.
therefore, we can expect the synergy between the removing ap and large damage
Tkanks Reg, legendaryxelor, MiiiiKy, Happy999 and to other my colleagues for not ignoring this topic! Together we will give the trolls battles and see an updated Xelor that will be no worse than the rest.
8 0

Both Xelors and Osamodas have a PATHETIC number of passives.. Hopefully we will get some more that will allow us to take in more specific roles like full positioner, damage dealer or even support, that would be great.

0 0

I play Xelor as a main class to a point I can't really find Wakfu fun unless I have one in my team, I got to a point that if this revamp becomes a bust I will just simply quit for real since I won't have the same amount of fun playing other classes.. So here are a few things I think need to be changed

The Dial, without a doubt, need some work, most of Xelors mechanics, mobility and damage coming from standing on one yet it can be easily destroyed in eng-game in 1-2 turns.. If the devs really intend to make spells that would interact with the Dial more like Xelor's Punishment then they need to see that the Dial actually stays in the field long enough to be viable

I would also like a re-check on the AP/Damage ratio of all spells too, spells like Temporal Burn and Clock have a pathetically low AP/Damage.. Clock used to remove -2AP so it was understandable why the damage is so low for a 5AP spell but ever since the nerf a while ago to -1AP it still confuses me why they didn't compensated it by increasing it's damage..It costs 5AP but has the damage of a 4AP spell.. I get that Xelor's AP/Damage ratio has to be lower due to Rollback and the many ways you can get AP but not THAT low..

I also wish Rollback was a mechanic, not a passive, it's such a staple of any Xelor that I really don't see the reason why it needs to be unlocked as a passive.. I would much rather Rollback be a mechanic same as Tick and Tock and have the Rollback passive actually boost something based on how much AP was consumed with it, promoting saving big charges for big damage

There are just some of the things I thought off the top of my head, I am pretty sure if I gave it "the big think" I would probably be able to write an essay about it..

1 0
Score : 7697

Clock should've kept it's -2AP, but instead of -2AP, it'll -1AP Twice.

Given how FoW works, as it generally favour High AP and MP Reduction.
Example, after Calculation that results in 50% success Rate, that would mean
-1MP, will have 50% to -1MP, and 50% to -0MP
-4MP, will have 50% to -4MP, and 50% to -2MP
...etc

So in Clock's case, it'll be
-1AP will have 50% to -1AP and 50% to completely miss. Twice.

It'll be a slight nerf compared to pre-FoW, but at least it'll still be possible to -2AP, rather than an Outright nerf by halfing it's ability to -AP.

2 0

9Nectum9|2020-06-24 16:08:37
An indicator of class strength is how universal it is for every dungeon in the game. You write that Xelor is very strong. This statement serves you only as a tool to convince others of the need for a nerf.
However, if we take the content of the final level, then Xelor is not the number one of the classes that people take to their team. Number one is FECA, ENI, ENU.
For example, UB Nogorod.

Nobody takes Xelors there. What is this talking about? This suggests that the class is not so strong that it needs a nerf. The class only needs major repairs. Even (!) the new Feca is much more interesting and deep in update 1.68  than Feca in 1.67.
For lower-level content, Xelor also has many competitors. Xelor can heal himself only starting at level 170 and subject to various conditions. Many classes that do damage and have tools for mobility (Eca, Sacrier, Fogger, Cra etc.) can be healed much earlier or make armor for themselves. Xelor has big minuses in survivability and the fact that it class has only 8 passives. Have you seen how many passives in Feca 1.68? LOOOL 17 !

Let's do a resume.
- -Xelors are not the top class in mobility, but they have great tools in this role. This role does not allow you to do a lot of damage at the same time 
- -Xelors have a class tool for manipulating AP
- -Xelors can do damage (iop can do more dmg and cra) 
- -Xelors can summon two gears, but players want more depth for playing in the gears.
- -Xelors are weak enough if the conversation is about healing+armor. We have no passives in order to be a tank or a protector.
- Xelors Dial also have minuses (mobs easily destroy it and we cannot do it every turn). 
Revamp means a change that the class needs support and not nerf. I see that players who really play for this class and do not trolling here want improvement mechanisms, removal ap and more survivable. 
BUT! 
this is our side 

GD write that they want to experiment with DIAL. Perhaps we will get deeper gameplay with or without DIAL. Xelor (I will call it the old version) can teleport the enemy and ally to dial and we have spell which also interacts with DIAL. 

and for NEW Revamped Xelors Siu (GD) said :

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

It will probably have some orientation where it can deal additional damage for each AP its target has lost. That way, we can have a synergy with the own AP removal mechanic of the class, and with any ally that can remove APs as well.
therefore, we can expect the synergy between the removing ap and large damage
Tkanks Reg, legendaryxelor, MiiiiKy, Happy999 and to other my colleagues for not ignoring this topic! Together we will give the trolls battles and see an updated Xelor that will be no worse than the rest.

I would like to request you to visit Phaeris Server and check the Dungeon Ranking Board.
Almost all the top groups has a Xelor with them and the check permanent ranking too which makes Xelors really strong end game class that deserves some restriction.

0 -7

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-25 02:45:38
 I would like to request you to visit Phaeris Server and check the Dungeon Ranking Board.
Almost all the top groups has a Xelor with them and the check permanent ranking too which makes Xelors really strong end game class that deserves some restriction.

Alright, with this, it's safe to assume you're definitely a troll, or just a noob with very little exposure to the current meta.

Phaeris Server population is THE smallest among all Active Wakfu Server, barely 1% of Remington in terms of active players at any given time. Seeing how you're using Phaeris as your prime example, it is safe to assume you're referring to Xelor players like Reg.

1. You can't use players like Reg as an example, he is an outlier among the Xelor community, let alone within a small population server like Phaeris. By your definition, it's like saying Sacrier needs a nerf because of Suspect and Soutji, who have 10 Different Sets of Lv.200 Maxed PvP Builds on a Single Character, easily overpowering someone who PvP with Lv.185 Auto Build.

2. Phaeris population is alarming small as I've stated before, It's just so happen that one of the very few Active Player is literally the strongest Xelor on the Server. By your definition, it's like saying Let's Nerf Cra because It's the Strongest in Server A, when Server A only has a population of ONE, a single Cra.

3. While there may be other Xelor players, but Phaeris population is simply too low as a Sample size to make any accurate conclusion that'll effect the entire Wakfu community. Check other Server first, before making more uneducated comments. Come'n man, basic science.
7 -1

legendaryxelor|2020-06-25 07:24:23

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-25 02:45:38

Alright, with this, it's safe to assume you're definitely a troll, or just a noob with very little exposure to the current meta.

Phaeris Server population is THE smallest among all Active Wakfu Server, barely 1% of Remington in terms of active players at any given time. Seeing how you're using Phaeris as your prime example, it is safe to assume you're referring to Xelor players like Reg.

1. You can't use players like Reg as an example, he is an outlier among the Xelor community, let alone within a small population server like Phaeris. By your definition, it's like saying Sacrier needs a nerf because of Suspect and Soutji, who have 10 Different Sets of Lv.200 Maxed PvP Builds on a Single Character, easily overpowering someone who PvP with Lv.185 Auto Build.

2. Phaeris population is alarming small as I've stated before, It's just so happen that one of the very few Active Player is literally the strongest Xelor on the Server. By your definition, it's like saying Let's Nerf Cra because It's the Strongest in Server A, when Server A only has a population of ONE, a single Cra.

3. While there may be other Xelor players, but Phaeris population is simply too low as a Sample size to make any accurate conclusion that'll effect the entire Wakfu community. Check other Server first, before making more uneducated comments. Come'n man, basic science.

Stop assuming everything.
Visit the server and check the number of Xelors on the Dungeon Ranking Board.
You will see there are a number of Xelors who did High level statis and i am not including the guy you are referring to.

Have you seen French Servers? Almost all the group has a Xelor with them who are running s21 + statis end game dungeons. Don't tell me that the French server also represents 1 % of Remington population.

You're definitely the biggest troll of this forum just because i am stating facts and you can't back it up.
Xelor might be your favourite class doesn't mean they are underpowered or need strong hrr drr buffs or maybe you just suck at it and stop using it.
0 -9

Gin-Rangiku|2020-06-25 05:49:25
Stop assuming everything.
Visit the server and check the number of Xelors on the Dungeon Ranking Board.
You will see there are a number of Xelors who did High level statis and i am not including the guy you are referring to.

Have you seen French Servers? Almost all the group has a Xelor with them who are running s21 + statis end game dungeons. Don't tell me that the French server also represents 1 % of Remington population.

You're definitely the biggest troll of this forum just because i am stating facts and you can't back it up.
Xelor might be your favourite class doesn't mean they are underpowered or need strong hrr drr buffs or maybe you just suck at it and stop using it.

My guy, here's how evidence and proof work, the person who makes the claim has to prove it, not the other way around, you can't tell someone to "go check yourself", prove it, PROVE-IT the same way Neptum did.. 

Literally everyone in here talking against you is a Xelor main and none of them, not a single one, is on your side, if you wanna change some minds, stop with the anecdotal evidence and start with the proof..

Technically speaking Xelor IS underpower in many situations:
  1. He is a positioner but he depends on the Dial, if the Dial is destroyed then he just loses this ability while Pandawas, Fecas and even Sacriers aren't bind to anything;
  2. They have good DPS but it depends on their luck, if you get garbage rollback stacks and/or don't crit (which is one of the main weakness of Xelor, being a crit dependent class with no skill or passive that boost %crit) your damage is just garbage as most Xelor's skill have a low AP/Damage ratio and if the enemy has any kind of fixed damage reduction that is just the worst;
  3. Their sustain is outright garbage, only unlocked at Lv170 and requires the Xelor to remove 3AP and the way FoW works, you will get it easily on the first turn but after that you might be able to do it once every turn if you target different enemies (which isn't damage effective) or once every other turn;
  4. While their mobility is stelar it, once again, depends on the Dial, a very squishy Dial that can be destroyed in one to two turns, having no Dial the Xelor is the least mobile class in the game.

Because we love this class and play it all the time we know it's weakness and frustrations to a T, like I said before, peak Xelor is mid-game when his important passives are Lv2 and mobs can't destroy the Dial so easily, I think that the Dial is the biggest problem here, a lot of Xelor's mechanics are bind to it and if it gets destroyed you just lose so much you mind as well not even be there until you can place another one..

BTW, why are we minding this troll again? Ah yeah.. We can use him to make good points about Xelor and possibly get some change based on that, at least this guy is useful for that purpose.
9 0
Score : 4143

If you want a "control group" here's feedback from a casual Xelor player from Nox Server:

Movement - I think some people here are vastly overestimating Xelor's ability to get from point A to point B by a large margin. You're average cost of movement is 1WP, 1MP to both summon dial and move around about it. Dial is a stationary, easy to kill, and really not that great of a mobility tool that coincidentally Xelor gets anchored to for the entirety of a fight. How often do you see a Xelor fight without ever using dial? This kind of movement is only marginally better than original Fogger or Elio movement which essentially was fancy backtracking at the time. Anything outside of dial movement is going to cost you 3AP. If your running as a Xelor, that's pretty much all your doing that turn because the class ironically runs into the, "I have too many spells I need to press and not enough time" problem. I'm really not sure what attaching WP to moving around the dial is supposed to solve in the first place. If it's to "restrict movement" as some seem to think is strangely overpowered, it doesn't do that. Its only changed the cost from 1WP, 1MP to potentially 2WP. If I'm going to run away to reposition, my costs will mostly stay the same...
          Suggestion - If dial is a chore mechanic, than it needs to be able to withstand beatings. Making dial more tanky will almost certainly aid in the abilities longevity if it's largely staying the same. If dial is a gimic than I feel the movement needs to actually increase; you could opt to transform dial into more of a Syclick teleportation mechanic to limit the amount of "free movement" per turn. Another option is if air spells will primarily be for mobility, you could make Tempus Fugit interact with Dial to increase teleportation range not unlike Rogue's Evanescence on bombs. In summation: if Xelor's movement is to be punished, it's ability to move needs to be sustainable or needs to be compensated for such an action due to the roughly stationary fighting style the class already has.

Tick/Tock | Spells - Please please PLEASE get rid of the -Initiative on Tick turns. That hasn't been a thing in such a long time. I almost don't care what you change it to, just don't even mention it anymore. The stackable -AP seems interesting, but it sounds like the Water tree's damage is almost certainly going to be nerfed to achieve such a thing. Water damage was already average at best but I'm interested in seeing what this concept actually translates to. Not a lot of information on the fire tree so I reserve judgement until I can see what the changes have in mind. The air tree is flat out boring; the only spell that I can say will 99-100 times be in someone's kit is Tempus Fugit with underhand and aging being a close possible second. To say that air is going to be for mobility seems like the tree is going to be in the same boat as its been for a while.
          Suggestion - Tick and Tock should BOTH have stackable resources that can be used to impact an opponent. You could make Tick abilities apply different levels of burn depending on the same state you stack to remove AP with (what I can assume will still be) Tock turns. Also as mentioned before, a resource counter to indicate how much or how little you have stacked would be a nice change to help manage your abilities and execute your turns properly. The fire tree needs a mechanic of some sort to replace -Initiative (I like the idea of replacing it with burn but am open to anything). The air tree needs an identity outside of Tempus Fugit. If dial = mobility and Air = mobility than those two things should have enough differences to incentivize using one over the other depending upon your build choice or alternatively they need enough synergy and should compliment one another so you don't diminish each of their roles.

~Kouett      

7 0
Score : -286

Removing initiative is very good thing, you can build xelor to be fastest in team and reduce opponents faster player initiative (this way you decide much) big tactics. Not all is around damage.

1 -3
Score : 4143

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not pensive.

Burning someones "initiative" does not effect turn order in the slightest. It's actually the opposite of what you stated, and is more useful as just a secondary means of damage. It is, for all intents and purposes, a relic of the past that does not positively impact PvE in any noticeable way and provides very minor forms of additional damage in PvP.

Even in the perfect scenario where you get 2 Hands and lets say even 3 Burns that all crit, that's only -107 initiative. Even if burning initiative did what you implied it did, most monsters and players can outmatch this by a pretty significant amount with their base initiative. Shadofang has 2500 initiative, this wouldn't even phase her.

I agree with the premise that "everything isn't about damage" but you're argument doesn't really work here. The fire tree is supposed to be about damage, that's what Ankama even intends to do. To say that a non-functioning mechanic needs to stay simply because it in theory should have a secondary effect is akin to ignoring the problem the class has outright.

~Kouett

4 0

Wareen-Peace|2020-06-25 17:29:15
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not pensive.

Burning someones "initiative" does not effect turn order in the slightest. It's actually the opposite of what you stated, and is more useful as just a secondary means of damage. It is, for all intents and purposes, a relic of the past that does not positively impact PvE in any noticeable way and provides very minor forms of additional damage in PvP.

It used to influence turn order then Ankama revamped Initiative many ages ago and completely forgot that Xelor had this mechanic which is now broken for half a decade..
4 -1
Score : 4992

Actually, they just replaced it with dealing more damage instead as a patchwork fix and haven't updated the class since.

1 -2
Respond to this thread