FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Madd's guide to surviving the Xelor Apocalypse 2015

By Madd1 - MEMBER - October 09, 2015, 08:12:54
Reactions 70
Score : 8763

Oh, sorry. Yeah you can have unleveled spells. Keep in mind, though... once you start using them they will level at lightning speed... so the only time you'll ever have an unleveled spell is if you've never used it or you're fresh out of the respec room. Tri is good for flexibility, but Air/Fire will produce the highest damage the class can achieve without any of the extra frills.

And that is not how Hydrant works. Hydrant levels like a normal spell. The level of the spell cast by Hydrant = the level of the Hydrant spell. Same for Sinistro.

0 0
Reply
Score : 350

Ok thanks. I like the idea of having AP removal capabilities due to Xelor + Sram = lot of ap removal, although my gear is entirely air/fire since I don't play since may (or april, don't remember).

Also having a few troubles "seeing" the combos, while I was used to those in Air/Fire.

I'm studying the new combos right now to find out which spec should I take: I'm still in spec room (since two days tongue )

0 0
Reply
Score : -3046
Aelorr|2016-02-10 03:03:51
Ok thanks. I like the idea of having AP removal capabilities due to Xelor + Sram = lot of ap removal, although my gear is entirely air/fire since I don't play since may (or april, don't remember).
A lot may be an understatement tongue if you build both classes for AP removal, you may remove even 10 action points! That's impossible you say? Entirely depends on base AP of your target and your luck. We all know that Xelor is capable of taking 8 on his own, and Sram traps, when triggered by your target, take effect after hypermovement has diminished - out of 8 attempted removals at least 2 ought to kick in. Guaranteed disable if you pull that off.
0 0
Reply
Score : 8763
blazakkhakabow|2016-02-10 14:25:47
Aelorr|2016-02-10 03:03:51
Ok thanks. I like the idea of having AP removal capabilities due to Xelor + Sram = lot of ap removal, although my gear is entirely air/fire since I don't play since may (or april, don't remember).
A lot may be an understatement tongue if you build both classes for AP removal, you may remove even 10 action points! That's impossible you say? Entirely depends on base AP of your target and your luck. We all know that Xelor is capable of taking 8 on his own, and Sram traps, when triggered by your target, take effect after hypermovement has diminished - out of 8 attempted removals at least 2 ought to kick in. Guaranteed disable if you pull that off.
Again, you're drastically overestimating AP steal.

Max AP Steal % is 180%, after every AP stolen 20 hyperaction is added, meaning after 5AP stolen, you have an 80% chance for 6, 60% chance for 7, and 40% chance for 8. To successfully steal 8 you need all of those to succeed concurrently, meaning you need .8*.4*.2, which is 19.2% chance for success.

As if that wasn't bad enough, that requires 19AP to perform with Sandglass x3, Clock x2, Frostbite (And requires using frostbite which is a mediocre spell 9/10 times). So for 19AP you get 50x3 +105 x2+75 damage, or 435 damage. The same damage of a 14AP Air/Fire combination.

You'd be much better off damaging, as most end game Xelors can kill any single mob in the game for 19AP, unless it is a boss. Remember, almost all bosses at end game don't use AP to attack.

Even if all that works... that's 160 hyperaction, the mob will lose 10+5/maxAP hyperaction per turn meaning a 12AP mob would lose 70 Hyperaction, meaning that starting next turn you start with 90% to steal 1AP, 70% for 2, 50% for 3, 30% for 4, 10% for 5 and 0% from there.

Damage option or AP production is generally the better option as AP steal in PVM is almost entirely dedicated to bonus damage from aging.
0 0
Reply
Score : 350
Madd1|2016-02-10 20:22:15
blazakkhakabow|2016-02-10 14:25:47
Aelorr|2016-02-10 03:03:51
Ok thanks. I like the idea of having AP removal capabilities due to Xelor + Sram = lot of ap removal, although my gear is entirely air/fire since I don't play since may (or april, don't remember).
A lot may be an understatement tongue if you build both classes for AP removal, you may remove even 10 action points! That's impossible you say? Entirely depends on base AP of your target and your luck. We all know that Xelor is capable of taking 8 on his own, and Sram traps, when triggered by your target, take effect after hypermovement has diminished - out of 8 attempted removals at least 2 ought to kick in. Guaranteed disable if you pull that off.
Again, you're drastically overestimating AP steal.

Max AP Steal % is 180%, after every AP stolen 20 hyperaction is added, meaning after 5AP stolen, you have an 80% chance for 6, 60% chance for 7, and 40% chance for 8. To successfully steal 8 you need all of those to succeed concurrently, meaning you need .8*.4*.2, which is 19.2% chance for success.

As if that wasn't bad enough, that requires 19AP to perform with Sandglass x3, Clock x2, Frostbite (And requires using frostbite which is a mediocre spell 9/10 times). So for 19AP you get 50x3 +105 x2+75 damage, or 435 damage. The same damage of a 14AP Air/Fire combination.

You'd be much better off damaging, as most end game Xelors can kill any single mob in the game for 19AP, unless it is a boss. Remember, almost all bosses at end game don't use AP to attack.

Even if all that works... that's 160 hyperaction, the mob will lose 10+5/maxAP hyperaction per turn meaning a 12AP mob would lose 70 Hyperaction, meaning that starting next turn you start with 90% to steal 1AP, 70% for 2, 50% for 3, 30% for 4, 10% for 5 and 0% from there.

Damage option or AP production is generally the better option as AP steal in PVM is almost entirely dedicated to bonus damage from aging.

Ahem, so, what's the purpose of a tri-elem spec if you can get the air/fire that does more damage? The main support spell that I want is still there: teleporting around enemies/allies. I'm not sure why should I take the tri elemental spec over the air fire one
0 0
Reply
Score : 8763

The biggest problems with air/fire in PVM is large AP turns (unless you charge for Hydrust turn) and lowest resistance flexibility.

EX:
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here

All mobs that will work better with different combinations. You should aim for at least 1turn, 1kill, to be efficient to a team late-to-end game (IMHO)

As for high AP turns, the most efficient combination for Air/Fire is Age/Hand/Hand, which is 42+125+60+125+60 or 412/12AP which is 34.3~ d/ap, but when using burn, 10AP (pre-aged) burn only produces 30.6 d/ap

If I use Desynch, Time Control, Aging, Sandglass, Sandglass, 3AP Burn I get
25+42+50+17+50+17+63+36 damage for 300, of which 161 is at -40% water resistances, causes an extra +6% final damage from Temporal Prism, and can potentially more efficiently assault an enemies weaker elements.

Another possible rotation would be, TC Enemy (Not necessary), TC Self, Sandglass, Sandglass, Desynch, Burn. This would only cost 7-8AP

Damage looks like 50+50+63+18+18 = 199, or 28.4d/AP , or 25+50+50+63+18+18 = 224 damage or 28d/AP of which 161 damage is at -40% water res.

Again this is for 7 and 8 AP respectively.

You also get better AoE options, and better PVP options, since PVP is the one place where minor AP steal for disruption is EXCEPTIONALLY useful.

Tri also relies much less on Tick/Tock

It's easier to understand if you play it regularly, or just play a ton of Xelor, I suppose.

0 0
Reply
Score : 350
Madd1|2016-02-11 02:15:48
The biggest problems with air/fire in PVM is large AP turns (unless you charge for Hydrust turn) and lowest resistance flexibility.

EX:
Click here
Click here
Click here
Click here

All mobs that will work better with different combinations. You should aim for at least 1turn, 1kill, to be efficient to a team late-to-end game (IMHO)

As for high AP turns, the most efficient combination for Air/Fire is Age/Hand/Hand, which is 42+125+60+125+60 or 412/12AP which is 34.3~ d/ap, but when using burn, 10AP (pre-aged) burn only produces 30.6 d/ap

If I use Desynch, Time Control, Aging, Sandglass, Sandglass, 3AP Burn I get
25+42+50+17+50+17+63+36 damage for 300, of which 161 is at -40% water resistances, causes an extra +6% final damage from Temporal Prism, and can potentially more efficiently assault an enemies weaker elements.

Another possible rotation would be, TC Enemy (Not necessary), TC Self, Sandglass, Sandglass, Desynch, Burn. This would only cost 7-8AP

Damage looks like 50+50+63+18+18 = 199, or 28.4d/AP , or 25+50+50+63+18+18 = 224 damage or 28d/AP of which 161 damage is at -40% water res.

Again this is for 7 and 8 AP respectively.

You also get better AoE options, and better PVP options, since PVP is the one place where minor AP steal for disruption is EXCEPTIONALLY useful.

Tri also relies much less on Tick/Tock

It's easier to understand if you play it regularly, or just play a ton of Xelor, I suppose.
Ok, you convinced me again. Also, I like complex turns!
Going for the tri-element, I hate being blocked by elemental resistance

And thanks for the rotations, those are extremely helpful to understand what spells should I use.
0 0
Reply
Score : 43

now that sram is nerf, please nerf xelor too

0 -3
Reply
Score : 8763
Unknown102|2016-05-12 22:02:51
now that sram is nerf, please nerf xelor too
Where have you been? Xelor was nerfed twice.
1 0
Reply
Score : 61

Hey Madd1 ! I'd like to ask you something. Is it worth going AOE and ranged ? Or will I be stuck sometimes when I can't use dust and Hydrants ?

PS : You are the best

0 0
Reply
Score : 8763
Libre-Chic|2016-08-17 17:58:31
Hey Madd1 ! I'd like to ask you something. Is it worth going AOE and ranged ? Or will I be stuck sometimes when I can't use dust and Hydrants ?

PS : You are the best
I've only gone Ranged/AoE on my secondary Tribrid setup. My duo Air/Fire is running only Ranged.

Ranged/AoE can work on duo builds, but it will make your secondary damage feel a bit lackluster on ST turns. It is optimal fir Air/Fire though, since Air/Fire has almost all the most efficient AoE spells (Aging+Secondary Aging Damage, Punishment, Burn, Dust, Hydrant)

I'd say, if that's how you prefer to play, play it. Honestly, playing well is more efficient than secondary damage in end-game since -100% damage starts to lose it's bite. I'd focus much harder on Ranged than AoE though unless you want to make a unique build.
0 0
Reply
Respond to this thread